It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:25 am



Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Hoenn Remakes 
Author Message
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2005 4:50 pm
Posts: 854
Location: Australia
I occasionally browse a certain message board for news and leaks pertaining to BW2, and it feels like the majority of users on that board are all aching for Hoenn in some form or other, whether it be remakes, or thrown into the new games, or to be remade in Gen 6... etc.. but I'm wondering if anyone else actually wants Hoenn remade for a particular reason.

Here's why I don't want Hoenn to be remade:

> What would be the difference between the GBA game and DS remake? The gen 3 engine is fine. Obviously 5 is the best, but the difference between the two is not as large as Gen 2 against Gen 3, for example
> The plot is stupid. IF they were going to remake the Hoenn games a totally new plot with different Teams/villians that aren't retarded, yeah sure that might be ok. (on this note, can Pokemon stop referring to the bad guys as "Team XXX" already I feel like I'm in a Twilight debate or something...")
> I don't think anything of value would be added to the games.
> Kind of selfish but I don't really want anyone else to be playing Hoenn... I think what's made everyone want it so bad now is because it's a little neglected. Kind of how prior to HGSS Johto was best region ever... and now it just isn't. A remake would kill Hoenn's "specialness."

A win/win situation I'd enjoy would be RSE2, similar to BW2, where the region is the same, but you have different trainers and different Gym Leaders..etc.

_________________
Image
Sponsor a pokemon today to guide them through the knockout tournament! (2,000 Psybucks up for grabs)


Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:43 am
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:01 am
Posts: 117
Location: How about NO?
I would actually like to see them remake the third gen. It really set tones for the games now. And also, 5th gen + 3rd gen = EPIC!
inb4 Samurott with his... well, just inb4 Samurott.


Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:33 am
Profile
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 29, 2010 6:42 pm
Posts: 440
Location: North America
Johto is not the best region nor was it ever. I don't have favorites. I agree though especially since Kanto and Johto remakes I was ok with because I started playing Pokemon after R/B/Y/G/S/C (my first game was Ruby). It would just be awk for me if there were a Hoenn remakes. Also, rather than make a new region and new pokemon, make the next games take place in real world continents and include old and new pokemon.
As for the villains, I guess a change in their names could be in order but I can't come up with anything lol.
However, if they could bring back the Battle Frontier from 3rd Gen to a new game, that'd be cool. The Battle Pyramid, Battle Dome, and Battle Arena were cool but they just got dumped :(
And the only thing about about R/S is because after the Elite 4 nothing really important happens except legendary hunting and battle tower which doesn't last long unless you really put your mind to it.


Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:20 am
Profile
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:37 pm
Posts: 3156
Location: clegavel
DragonPhoenix wrote:
I occasionally browse a certain message board for news and leaks pertaining to BW2, and it feels like the majority of users on that board are all aching for Hoenn in some form or other, whether it be remakes, or thrown into the new games, or to be remade in Gen 6... etc.. but I'm wondering if anyone else actually wants Hoenn remade for a particular reason.

Here's why I don't want Hoenn to be remade:

> What would be the difference between the GBA game and DS remake? The gen 3 engine is fine. Obviously 5 is the best, but the difference between the two is not as large as Gen 2 against Gen 3, for example
> The plot is stupid. IF they were going to remake the Hoenn games a totally new plot with different Teams/villians that aren't retarded, yeah sure that might be ok. (on this note, can Pokemon stop referring to the bad guys as "Team XXX" already I feel like I'm in a Twilight debate or something...")
> I don't think anything of value would be added to the games.
> Kind of selfish but I don't really want anyone else to be playing Hoenn... I think what's made everyone want it so bad now is because it's a little neglected. Kind of how prior to HGSS Johto was best region ever... and now it just isn't. A remake would kill Hoenn's "specialness."

A win/win situation I'd enjoy would be RSE2, similar to BW2, where the region is the same, but you have different trainers and different Gym Leaders..etc.

I agree with absolutely everything that was said herein, and that's why I never want Hoenn to be remade.

_________________


Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:46 am
Profile
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:01 pm
Posts: 2280
Location: In your house, nunchuking all of your shit.
I want their to be one, for many reasons.
I finish the main sstorylines in a week, usually. I need something to keep me busy.
I can say I'll have one game from every gen. Well, according to NathanB.'s standards.
Moar pokemon games!

_________________
"As I look up from the ground
I see darkness all around
And I'm lost but can be found up in the sky
Goodbye
"


Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:42 am
Profile
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:58 pm
Posts: 227
Location: Wall Sina
I [i]loved[i/]HGSS. It was much better than any previous game I have ever played along with Black. It is actually my favorite game to date.

I want a Hoenn remake because:

-RSE is known to be a complete flop in both gameplay and storyline (Emerald would probably be the exception regarding gameplay)

-It would be nice to have some Hoenn Pokemon

-It generally needs an update

And I should also mention I wouldn't be too suprised if they decide to release a newer remake of Kanto too.

_________________
sad but rad


Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:35 pm
Profile
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:37 pm
Posts: 3156
Location: clegavel
"RSE was a complete flop in regards to storyline"? What is wrong with you?
It definitely had more story than both the generations preceding it. In fact, Gen 1 and 2 didn't even have a storyline to speak of.

_________________


Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:01 pm
Profile
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:58 pm
Posts: 227
Location: Wall Sina
DNA wrote:
It definitely had more story than both the generations preceding it. In fact, Gen 1 and 2 didn't even have a storyline to speak of.

I never played any Generation 1/2 games, so I wouldn't know. Oops


But my point was that Generations 4 and 5 had great storylines, so if RSE was remade they could drastically improve the story (or they could make it so amazing that we won't give a rat's butt about the story!).

_________________
sad but rad


Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:45 pm
Profile
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:01 pm
Posts: 2280
Location: In your house, nunchuking all of your shit.
Actually DNA, youre wrong. A storyline is evident in Gens 1 & 2 because if they werent, what's to stop people from going directly to the E4? Nothing, really. But when you think about it, and how easily youll get creamed, youre like oh crap, I need to get stronger and learn to develop tactics and stuff. Even in games like Saints Row 3 and AC5 there is one. And those are sandbox games.
Also, @D101: Then they might as well make Gen VI then. The storyline is the essential game skeleton. Without it, it would suck.
That said, I would totally buy a Sapphire remake if they make one.

_________________
"As I look up from the ground
I see darkness all around
And I'm lost but can be found up in the sky
Goodbye
"


Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:32 pm
Profile
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:37 pm
Posts: 3156
Location: clegavel
Quote:
A storyline is evident in Gens 1 & 2 because if they werent, what's to stop people from going directly to the E4? Nothing, really.

There is a big difference between an actual story and an event being thrown in your way.

Clearing Team Rocket out of the Radio Tower is just a long quest you have to finish. It does not contribute to any story. It is just there.
If you look closely, Gens 1 and 2 have no storyline. It's just Get 8 Badges + Beat Team Rocket somewhere in the middle of that + Beat Elite Four and Champion = A WINNER IS YOU!

A story is much more involved. Now, while I would not say that Gen 3 has as much story as Gen 5 (because it doesn't), I will say that the story is substantial, and you are shown new characters (Team Aqua/Magma) who pop up every so often and get themselves actively involved in your quest. With Team Rocket they don't actually affect you at all; you just play the hero and clean them out.

Quote:
But my point was that Generations 4 and 5 had great storylines, so if RSE was remade they could drastically improve the story (or they could make it so amazing that we won't give a rat's butt about the story!).

Or they could do both.

_________________


Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:09 am
Profile
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:26 am
Posts: 10
I would love if there would be a pokemon R/S/E remake. I think Hoenn its my favorite region so far.

_________________
Da best Unova trainer ever!


And his pets. Image Image
Shadow's PokePet
Image
X-Killer the level 82 Crobat!
[/color] <please don't let them die...;(


Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:35 am
Profile
Art Commentator
Art Commentator
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 2:02 pm
Posts: 1005
Location: Tealand
As long as the Trick House returns eventually, in some region or another, I'll be happy.

_________________
Image
Our friends' hopes and dreams are etched into its body, transforming the infinite darkness into light!
Unmatched in heaven and earth, one machine, equal to the gods!
Super Galaxy Gurren Lagann!
We're gonna show you the power of the human race!


Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:37 am
Profile
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:38 pm
Posts: 1413
Location: Somewhere in this general area.
Seems like these Gen III Remake threads are popping up alot.

I did enjoy GenIII, the story (even though it had you going, "they are trying to do WHAT"??), and dive (which i miss). If they did make a remake, I probably wouldnt buy it, since there would not really be that big of a difference. HOWEVER, if the did a remake of GEN III, that had SUBSTANSIAL changes ( I dont mean like the RBY remakes where they simply added the islands and the new box system). I mean, overhaul to the story, overhaul to the map, overhaul EVERTHING, so that is could essentially be considered RSE 2, then id be more inclined to buy..

_________________
A glass is never empty it will always be full of air, unless its in a vacuum, THEN its empty.


Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:21 am
Profile
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2007 6:17 am
Posts: 1018
Let me start off by saying that Johto sucked before HGSS. I played Crystal earlier and it's just not Pokemon to me - it's so bad. :P

I wouldn't object to an RSE remake...but it seems a bit redundant considering you could then transfer Pokemon from RSE to their remakes. I think the fact that we were given Groudon/Kyogre/Rayquaza in HGSS is a good indicator that they won't remake it - because what's next? A DPPt remake?

It'd be fun and something "new" (especially if they revamped it nicely), and they could edit the storyline to include Gen IV and V Pokemon, but it would never live up to FRLG or HGSS simply because, in my opinion at least, RSE were a huge improvement on Gen I and II.

_________________
Image


Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:05 pm
Profile
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:11 pm
Posts: 181
Location: Somewhere in Utah
I really think it could use a remake. the first time I played rse I kinda flipped out about the upgrade from gsc and I think it sould make the leap to 3D, but I completely agree with samurott =, more pokemon games xD I think it'd be wonderful, and if for no other reason, it's the only pokemon game I cant fit into the little slot on my 3DS, I'd like to just have the complete arsenal on the DS

_________________
Eat, Sleep, Play video games, Contact Juggle, Play music, REPEAT!

Fire Water Earth Wind


Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:39 pm
Profile
THE POWER IS ON!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 04, 2004 3:29 am
Posts: 1559
Location: Purple Ranger
I don't even like the games set in Hoenn but to call them a flop is so uninformed and incorrect. They did way more toward preserving the life of this franchise than another sequel in the vein of GS that references a whole bunch of crap from the past and alienates potential new fans. RSE as a trio outsold GSC and I don't know about you, but RSE certainly seemed to have many more passionate fans than either DPP or GSC (until it became hip and nostalgic to like it via HGSS) did, and especially back in the day. I know this rant only seems tangentially related to the "storyline and gameplay were a flop" but if one or both of those things were true it wouldn't have achieved the success that it did.

_________________


Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:48 am
Profile
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:58 pm
Posts: 227
Location: Wall Sina
Patchy wrote:
I think the fact that we were given Groudon/Kyogre/Rayquaza in HGSS is a good indicator that they won't remake it - because what's next? A DPPt remake?

That is an excellent point...

At this point I'm just letting my mind wander, but what if they had, like in HGSS, two regions? Only with Sinnoh and Hoenn? Ought to be interesting.

_________________
sad but rad


Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:30 pm
Profile
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 05, 2012 9:20 am
Posts: 11
or, heres an idea. why dont they just remake all the old games for ds?


Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:24 pm
Profile
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:01 pm
Posts: 2280
Location: In your house, nunchuking all of your shit.
Like they're doing now? FRLG can go into the GBA slot, and HGSS are DS games.
In that case, way to be innovative.

_________________
"As I look up from the ground
I see darkness all around
And I'm lost but can be found up in the sky
Goodbye
"


Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:29 pm
Profile
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:00 pm
Posts: 1083
Location: I am Error.
They need to add Battle Pyramid and Battle Dome again.
They were by far much better than the Platinum/HG challenges.
Don't forget Battle Pike, too. This remake is the best occasion to do this.

_________________
Still searching for shiny Rapidash, hatched 1000 eggs!
Image
Thanks DragoBoy for this awesome sig and Mektar for the astonishing avatar!!!


Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:16 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2007 6:17 am
Posts: 1018
That's true, they were definitely the most enjoyable part of Emerald I think. They'd also have an opportunity to release the Old Sea Map again...but I imagine it'd be a Gen VI 3DS game if anything.

_________________
Image


Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:18 pm
Profile
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:00 pm
Posts: 1083
Location: I am Error.
What about the old awesome Safari Zone instead of the one in HG/SS or Platinum, wich were actually not so nice?
The safari zone in HG/SS was actually the worst one. You can't explore, find items, just change areas :frustrated:
I don't know what it look like in BW, or if there is even one, but my favorite safari was actually the one in FR/LG and Emerald.

_________________
Still searching for shiny Rapidash, hatched 1000 eggs!
Image
Thanks DragoBoy for this awesome sig and Mektar for the astonishing avatar!!!


Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:27 pm
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:47 pm
Posts: 1
Alright , obviously making a remake of Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire would be awesome since it was one of the best selling games during the GBA era, but if they eventually make a remake, in my own opinion, this is how I feel it should be or what they should do;

they should call it Pokemon Terra Ruby and Aqua Sapphire.
redesign all gym leaders.
make a completely new plot and story.
a few kanto, johto and sinnoh pokemon should be found in the hoenn.
once you finish the game the first time, you can travel to sinnoh just like in heratgold and soulsilver.
the rest of the kanto,johto and all unova pokemon should only be available after finishing the game the first time.
if they want, they could make different players apart from brendan and may.

well that's what i think, if they make it, i'll buy it, hopefully it's on the ds.


Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:15 am
Profile
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:01 pm
Posts: 2280
Location: In your house, nunchuking all of your shit.
Since people dont seem to get what a remake is, I'll tell the difference between a remake and a reboot.
A remake still has the original stuff in it, i.e. PLOT, LOCATION, PEOPLE. A reboot, on the other hand, restarts the series. How? By basically telling the sequels/remake/whatever to go **** itself. Since that is impossible in this case, we can rule it out.
How far can you actually go when revamp a game to make it better than the original?
Well, as long as you don't **** with the aforementioned main 3 points, you can do whatever you want.

_________________
"As I look up from the ground
I see darkness all around
And I'm lost but can be found up in the sky
Goodbye
"


Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:23 am
Profile
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2007 6:17 am
Posts: 1018
Samurott wrote:
Since people dont seem to get what a remake is, I'll tell the difference between a remake and a reboot.
A remake still has the original stuff in it, i.e. PLOT, LOCATION, PEOPLE. A reboot, on the other hand, restarts the series. How? By basically telling the sequels/remake/whatever to go **** itself. Since that is impossible in this case, we can rule it out.
How far can you actually go when revamp a game to make it better than the original?
Well, as long as you don't **** with the aforementioned main 3 points, you can do whatever you want.

Um, no one else mentioned the word reboot, what's your point? FRLG had new locations; HGSS had some new plot ideas with the Celebi flashback; both had new Pokemon.

_________________
Image


Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:30 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.