It is currently Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:54 am



Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Masterball - your choice? 

masterball on who?
Giratina 18%  18%  [ 3 ]
Uxie, Azelf or Mesprit 18%  18%  [ 3 ]
one of regi-trio, ( regigigas triggers it) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Palkia or Diaglia 12%  12%  [ 2 ]
one of Kanto birds 12%  12%  [ 2 ]
heatran 6%  6%  [ 1 ]
cresselia 35%  35%  [ 6 ]
regigigas ( triggered by regi-trio) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 17

 Masterball - your choice? 
Author Message
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:30 am
Posts: 176
Which one of the legendaries do you prefer choking your masterball on?

And please post as a comment, if many alternatives at one. like which one of palka or diaglia, etc.

_________________
FC HeartGold: 1334 2351 1649
Timezone: GMT+1

Since you are already reading my sig, check out my trading thread to ;)
Consicdering to re open my trading thread again soon, maybe


Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:01 pm
Profile
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:17 pm
Posts: 2512
Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
I absolutely always used my master ball on Cresselia though 1 time or so I used it on Mesprit but those times I never unlocked if you will, Cresselia & was fairly early in my Pokemon Diamond days, the first Gen 4 game I ever had...

I always thought of Cresselia as the best use of it anyway as there was no reason to hold that dead weight in my bag :| ...

_________________
3DS Friend Code = 4441 - 9336 - 3527
(Be aware that I must also add you so in order to know you added it, just maybe...)

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"


Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:35 pm
Profile
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:30 am
Posts: 176
I haven't decided yet which one i wanna throw my master ball on. with many legendaries it is a hard choice :?

_________________
FC HeartGold: 1334 2351 1649
Timezone: GMT+1

Since you are already reading my sig, check out my trading thread to ;)
Consicdering to re open my trading thread again soon, maybe


Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:43 am
Profile
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 5:43 pm
Posts: 1312
It's best to use it on something that roams. Using it on something that you can consistently rebattle whenever you want is just a waste. However, I usually try a whole bunch of tricks to get the roaming Pokemon anyway, simply because it's a neat challenge. False swipe it down over a a few encounters, inflict paralyze, then either spam Quickballs or get something with Mean Look. So, as a result, I still have a bunch of masterballs spread across my games. You could always save it for a shiny (don't want to knock it out on accident, amirite?)

_________________
Image


Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:28 am
Profile
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:15 pm
Posts: 110
Location: right behind you
I chose Giratina because one of my friends tried to catch it with 100 ultra balls and still couldn't. So I made it easy. I've also heard that Giratina is commonly very hard to catch. I would have used it on Cresselia, but I didn't know about Cresselia then.

_________________
DialgaTime
73% of teenagers would cry if they saw Justin Bieber standing on top of a skyscraper about to jump. If you are the 27% sitting there with popcorn and 3D glasses, screaming "DO A BACKFLIP!", copy and paste this as your signature.
92% of teens would be dead if Abercrombie & Fitch said it wasn't cool to breathe. Put this in your sig if you are the 8% who would be laughing.

Diamond FC: 5199-4994-9415
White FC: 0089-1661-3588


Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:01 pm
Profile
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:05 am
Posts: 614
Location: Coming soon to a store near you!
First playthrough Pearl, Giratina. Second (and current), Cresslia. Cresslia is a bitc* to catch. So i just thought, scrap it, MASTERBALL!

_________________
[img]http://i.imgur.com/VFUEj21.png[/img]


Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:50 pm
Profile
Art Commentator
Art Commentator
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 2:02 pm
Posts: 992
Location: Tealand
I save them in case I find a shiny!

_________________
Image
Our friends' hopes and dreams are etched into its body, transforming the infinite darkness into light!
Unmatched in heaven and earth, one machine, equal to the gods!
Super Galaxy Gurren Lagann!
We're gonna show you the power of the human race!


Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:32 pm
Profile
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:37 pm
Posts: 3097
Location: clegavel
Mektar wrote:
I save them in case I find a shiny!

^This.

Out of habit I try never to use my Master Ball, even on hard-to-catch legendaries. (Roamers aren't as hard as you think.) I haven't really found many shinies, but even then I'll try to catch them in ways that don't involve a Master Ball. If it comes down to it, though, I will.

_________________


Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:25 pm
Profile
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:05 am
Posts: 614
Location: Coming soon to a store near you!
Mektar wrote:
I save them in case I find a shiny!

You know what..I never thought of that...

_________________
[img]http://i.imgur.com/VFUEj21.png[/img]


Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:32 pm
Profile
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:30 am
Posts: 176
Usually i try to catch legendaries without use of master ball. But if it don't works in a few tries and im tired of hunting/resetting ds then i choke masterball on him!

in my Heartgold, i had only rayquaza and Entei left of legendaries, and i did not be able to even almost catch rayqaza, so i threw it on that one. And i managed to get Entei anyways.

Since shinys are so rare i don't plan to use it on them either, specially since any rare-common pokemon could be catched with anyother ball to.

_________________
FC HeartGold: 1334 2351 1649
Timezone: GMT+1

Since you are already reading my sig, check out my trading thread to ;)
Consicdering to re open my trading thread again soon, maybe


Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:50 am
Profile
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 6:13 am
Posts: 518
I try not to use it to catch legendaries but if you're going to use it you should use it on one that runs away to save yourself the trouble of chasing it. Or if you like chasing them use it on one of the harder ones to catch (giratina maybe)
Mektar wrote:
I save them in case I find a shiny!

^That's a good idea.

_________________
Image
My Gallery Last update: 19 July (Fake Card)


Last edited by DragoBoy on Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.



Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:57 pm
Profile
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 12:49 pm
Posts: 374
Location: Off somewhere being malignantly narcissistic...
I agree with everyone who said it would be best to use it on a roaming Pokemon, but I didn't use a Master Ball on any of the Pokemon listed. Some of them took a couple tries, but I'm persistent like that. I caught Mewtwo in my FireRed Version with a Great Ball. I'll save my Master Ball for a shiny, too.

_________________
Image
"What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it gives forth a sound
It's got wires that vibrate, and give music; what can this thing be that I've found?

See how it sings like a sad heart, and joyously screams out its pain
Sounds that build high like a mountain, and notes that fall gently like rain."

~Neil Peart


Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:43 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:13 pm
Posts: 254
I didn't use it on any of them. I have a Level 100 Gallade with False Swipe, Hypnosis and Mean Look. It does the trick mostly for me. However, I do think a Level 100 Smeargle with Spore, False Swipe, Block and Substitute would work just as well.

_________________
goodbye for eternity...

Check out My Brand New and Improved Trading Centre!!! THE SUPERSTORE IS NOW CLOSED


Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:33 am
Profile
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 12:49 pm
Posts: 374
Location: Off somewhere being malignantly narcissistic...
That's a pretty nice capture tool. Did you have that in mind when you were getting it to Lv. 100?

_________________
Image
"What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it gives forth a sound
It's got wires that vibrate, and give music; what can this thing be that I've found?

See how it sings like a sad heart, and joyously screams out its pain
Sounds that build high like a mountain, and notes that fall gently like rain."

~Neil Peart


Wed Aug 31, 2011 10:28 am
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:13 pm
Posts: 254
No, my friend did it for me and I traded for it. :)
I don't know how Smeargle would work because of it's bad attack - maybe overall Gallade is a bit better

_________________
goodbye for eternity...

Check out My Brand New and Improved Trading Centre!!! THE SUPERSTORE IS NOW CLOSED


Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:08 am
Profile
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:06 am
Posts: 54
None of the above.

I always save mine for Shinies too but most of them I could probably catch anyway. Unless ofcourse it's a Shiny Abra in which case a Master Ball is the way to go.

Infact I've never caught anything with a Master Ball other than the Darkrai and Shaymin I tweaked for and Pokemon to check IVs for RNGing but then I turned off afterwards except for the one time I realised why I couldn't get my parameters and therefore forgot to turn off. I wasted a Master Ball and 4 Rare Candies :(

_________________
Heart Gold FC: 5371-4385-3842
White FC: 2064-8397-0362

Check out my trade thread!

Timezone: GMT+0

Cloning Glitch!


Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:08 am
Profile
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 01, 2011 12:49 pm
Posts: 374
Location: Off somewhere being malignantly narcissistic...
So many people don't use Masterballs. :shock: <-That was my relevent post. I just wanted to post to say Justin Thyme has a pretty funny sig. :D

_________________
Image
"What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it gives forth a sound
It's got wires that vibrate, and give music; what can this thing be that I've found?

See how it sings like a sad heart, and joyously screams out its pain
Sounds that build high like a mountain, and notes that fall gently like rain."

~Neil Peart


Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:26 am
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:09 am
Posts: 102
Location: Saturn
First file I used it on Palkia, then almost went mad trying to get Giratina without it, so I've saved it for him ever since.

_________________
Well, I have officially left Psypoke. Good bye everyone, God bless you.


Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:15 pm
Profile
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:00 pm
Posts: 1051
Location: I am Error.
I always wait till i see a shiny ;)

_________________
Still searching for shiny Rapidash, hatched 1000 eggs!
Image
Thanks DragoBoy for this awesome sig and Mektar for the astonishing avatar!!!
Join: http://www.psypokes.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=31525


Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:31 pm
Profile WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:35 am
Posts: 86
Location: The real question is: What is YOUR location?
GhostPony750 wrote:
I always wait till i see a shiny ;)

I take it you're easy to beat then? Since you'd be unable to get the best legendary of the game.

_________________
Image


Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:44 pm
Profile
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:37 pm
Posts: 3097
Location: clegavel
Super_Typhlosion wrote:
GhostPony750 wrote:
I always wait till i see a shiny ;)

I take it you're easy to beat then? Since you'd be unable to get the best legendary of the game.

Arceus is given out in a Cherish Ball anyway; your argument is invalid.

By the way, there is never a 0% chance to catch any Pokemon except for things like Ghost Marowak. Highly unlikely under some circumstances, but never impossible.

_________________


Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:21 pm
Profile
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:00 pm
Posts: 1051
Location: I am Error.
Quote:
I take it you're easy to beat then? Since you'd be unable to get the best legendary of the game.

1.Found Raikou shiny in Firered.
2.Captured it with Masterball
3.Your argument is invalid
4.Troll at U!!! :D

I'm not so easy to beat: I'm playing for 7 years now.
I have 30 lvl100 in total and no Lengendary cuz, in my opinion, they are overpowered and its not fair.

_________________
Still searching for shiny Rapidash, hatched 1000 eggs!
Image
Thanks DragoBoy for this awesome sig and Mektar for the astonishing avatar!!!
Join: http://www.psypokes.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=31525


Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:04 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:01 pm
Posts: 2267
Location: In your house, nunchuking all of your shit.
GhostPony750 wrote:
Quote:
I take it you're easy to beat then? Since you'd be unable to get the best legendary of the game.

1.Found Raikou shiny in Firered.
2.Captured it with Masterball
3.Your argument is invalid
4.Troll at U!!! :D

I'm not so easy to beat: I'm playing for 7 years now.
I have 30 lvl100 in total and no Lengendary cuz, in my opinion, they are overpowered and its not fair.

:objection:
>17 years old in two weeks.
>Been playing since I was six.
>17-6= 11 years total. Your argument is invalid. I have a whole team of pokemon that are centered around countering as much types as possible.
And of course legendaries are "overpowered." THEYRE LEGENDARY! And to say it's not fair is an opinion, since it's a choice to use a Master Ball for its intended use or to use it for something else.
Raikou can be caught with an Ultra Ball. Just be patient.
Yes, trollin, indeed.

_________________
"As I look up from the ground
I see darkness all around
And I'm lost but can be found up in the sky
Goodbye
"


Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:29 pm
Profile
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:00 pm
Posts: 1051
Location: I am Error.
Samurott wrote:
GhostPony750 wrote:
Quote:
I take it you're easy to beat then? Since you'd be unable to get the best legendary of the game.

1.Found Raikou shiny in Firered.
2.Captured it with Masterball
3.Your argument is invalid
4.Troll at U!!! :D

I'm not so easy to beat: I'm playing for 7 years now.
I have 30 lvl100 in total and no Lengendary cuz, in my opinion, they are overpowered and its not fair.

:objection:
>17 years old in two weeks.
>Been playing since I was six.
>17-6= 11 years total. Your argument is invalid. I have a whole team of pokemon that are centered around countering as much types as possible.
And of course legendaries are "overpowered." THEYRE LEGENDARY! And to say it's not fair is an opinion, since it's a choice to use a Master Ball for its intended use or to use it for something else.
Raikou can be caught with an Ultra Ball. Just be patient.
Yes, trollin, indeed.

Uh?
17 years old in 2 weeks???
I don't understand anything u say o_O
... Your post is confusing. I read it 5 times and still don't understand...
Edit: Ah ok!!!
U will be 17 in 2 weeks!!!
''Why my argument is invalid?'' :S

_________________
Still searching for shiny Rapidash, hatched 1000 eggs!
Image
Thanks DragoBoy for this awesome sig and Mektar for the astonishing avatar!!!
Join: http://www.psypokes.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=31525


Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:38 pm
Profile WWW
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:37 pm
Posts: 3097
Location: clegavel
Just because you've been playing for X years doesn't mean you're any good at it. I've been playing since 1999 but I'm still only an average/above-average player.
Move along people, nothing to see here.

_________________


Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:01 am
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.