It is currently Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:07 pm

Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ] 
 The Pokemon Trio 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Hey hey! Evolutions44 here. I decided to start a new story. I'm pretty proud of it so far! Constructive criticism appreciated!
Thanks~~! 8-)

Chapter One!
Enter Iuetta and Ken!

I yawned, usually, I’d be wide awake for school, but I was too excited!
Tomorrow was my birthday! Not only that, but my tenth! I had to stop myself from jumping up and down like a little kid. I would get my first Pokémon and go on some awesome adventure! Though, Mom said she wasn’t too psyched on the idea of me traveling alone, so I’d have to pair up with the girls across the street.
I grimaced, remembering their snide remarks and piercing glares. I internally vowed not to pair with them. Mom didn’t know, but I seriously hated those girls half the time. They weren’t the brightest and I swear they can’t tell the difference between a Bulbasaur and Articuno. That’s pretty sad; my one week old brother can tell the difference, and he hasn’t even opened his eyes yet, much less have enough brain function!
I stared up at the sky of Violet City. It wasn’t the prettiest sky, and it wasn’t the ugliest. It was moderate, and reminded me of home. Not to mention Sprout Tower, Nurse Joy, my loony Teacher, Falkner, the Gym Leader, and Ms. Kimini, the old lady at the edge of town who always pays me for gathering berries for her.
I love this town; it’s a nice place to live. Yet, sometimes I feel like I’m being confined here, I just want to spread my wings and fly like the little Pidgey that I feed every once and awhile. I want to meet new friends, ones that won’t laugh at me by the way I dress, and just go around the world, meeting new Pokémon and testing my skills.
I walked through the door of the wide shack I call my school, and sat in the closest seat to the whiteboard. Mister is my teacher. I call him Mister because his name is some long foreign name with lots of ‘G’s and ‘B’s and stuff, and I can’t pronounce it; eventually, I gave up and started calling him Mister. Smarticles. I gots ‘em.
Mister looked up from his book.
“You’re early, again.” He said in a heavy accent. I nodded.
“Yeah. Mom said to do chores or go to school, so I went to school!” I said. He chuckled.
“Mademoiselle Orchid. I would have done the chores!” He laughed. I smiled. My name is Orchid Hellena, I’m a Ginger with grey/blue eyes, and I’m proud of it.
Yeah yeah. Ginger’s have no souls! Eek! Run!
Just to let you know, I very much have a soul, because every time someone yells that I sucked out their soul, I gag. I think that a soul-less Ginger would find the idea tasty.
No thank you!
My mom says I’m annoying when I ramble on like a five year old.
I pulled out my book and began going over everything Mister taught us yesterday.
Super Effectiveness Chart:
• Ghost to Ghost
• Dark to Psychic
• Bug to Grass
• Flying to Bug
• Poison to-
A really annoying squeal interrupted my studying.
“OMG! A Marill!”
I frowned in dismay as I recognized Clover’s voice. I turned, seeing her fawning over a group of Pokémon in the back; I immediately recognized the Pidgey I would feed occasionally. It had green tips on its wings. I turned to Mister.
“What are the Pokémon for?” I asked.
“Today’s lesson is bonding with a Pokémon.” He explained. I smiled.
“Can I call a Pokémon?” I asked. He frowned.
“Depends on which one you want, Mademoiselle.” He said. I pointed to the Pidgey.
“That one.” I said. A small smile spread on his pudgy face.
“Okay. The Pidgey is all yours. But I must warn you; que l'un est feisty. That one is feisty.” He said. I smiled, remembering the happy Pidgey as I fed it remaining food.
“I think I can handle it.”
________ ________
“Mesdames et Messieurs! Ladies and Gentlemen!” Mister announced. “Please walk in an orderly fashion to choose your Pokémon!” He yelled over the squealing children and excited chattering. I was, naturally, at the back. Yet, when I got there, people were glaring at me jealously. The Pidgey was sitting there, eying me warily.
“Hey, Pidgey…” I said soothingly. The Pidgey’s eyes lightened and flapped its wings excitedly. People gasped in awe. The underneath of his wings were a blazing navy blue with white flecks. When the Pidgey flapped them harder, it looked like the night sky blanketing his wings. He jumped in the air and landed on my arm, pecking my hand softly. I smiled. Well, I guess ‘Bird Brain’ isn’t much of an insult anymore; he remembered me after a few months? I couldn’t help feeling a little smugness as Clover and her two lackeys stared at me jealously. I walked back to my seat, petting the Pidgey softly.
The girl next to me, Iuetta, smiled in awe.
“That’s an amazing Pokémon.” She pet the small grass type deer Pokémon at her feet, shipped from the Unova region; a Deerling, in its summer form. I smiled kindly.
“Yours is from Unova, it’s a cool Pokémon too.” I said quietly.
“Alright! Quiet down, quiet down!” Mister called, a hush went over the crowd. “We all need to learn how to care for a Pokémon, so let’s go for a Bonding Walk, shall we?”
________ ________
I walked next to Iuetta, talking and chatting, until we got to a small meadow in Route 31. Pidgey and Deerling cooed happily and dashed off. After a second, Iuetta and I ran after them. Pidgey settled on a small sapling, and Deerling began nibbling the small leaves on it. I sat down a stroked the small bird Pokémon, watching a boy swim with the Marill, and Clover sulk with a Bidoof. She glared icy gazes at the boy, who glared right back. I smiled, realizing he had jacked the Marill before she had, and she really wanted it.
The boy had light brown hair and green eyes, he could swim really well, but when he got out, he was soaking wet. I laughed a little; Iuetta saw what I was looking at and laughed too.
“Should we help him dry off?” She offered. I got up and dusted myself off.
“Yeah, it’d suck if he caught a cold. He’s the only boy who doesn’t fawn over Clover.” I said, smiling as Pidgey landed on my head.
“Hey Pidge. Know any moves to… Blow off water?” I asked. It cooed and flapped its wings in on exaggerated swipe. A swirl of warm wind blew across the field a bit before fading.
“Whoa, Whirlwind.” Iuetta said. I smiled.
“That’ll do, you small bird of prey!” I scratched behind his wings and he chirped in pleasure. I made sure Iuetta and Deerling were following as I walked across the field to the boy.
“Hey. Need some help?” I asked. He smiled, shaking.
“It’d be nice.” He answered, voice quivering. I stepped back.
“Pidgey! Whirlwind!”
I felt the small bird flap his small wings and the mini tornado flew around the boy, blowing all the water off. He smiled, picking up the Marill.
“Thanks a ton. I’m Kennith Saotomi, Ken for short.” He said. “Marrill~!” The Marill squealed. I smiled.
“I’m Orchid Hellena,” I said, Pidgey chirruped. “Pidge Pidgeyy~~!” He sang. Iuetta waved.
“Iuetta Leijori.” She said. “Deeeerliing~!” Deerling called. Ken nodded, a friendly smile on his face.
“Nice to meet yah!”
I suddenly remembered Mom saying not to travel alone, and I hoped these two didn’t have a group.
“Um, hey.” I started slowly. “Do you guys have a group to travel with for your adventure?”
Ken frowned. “I wouldn’t be here if I did. Mom wouldn’t let me go when I was ten because I had no one to travel with.”
Iuetta shook her head. “I’m turning ten in a week. But Ma said I could go early if I got a group.”
I smiled. “That settles it.” I said. Ken and Iuetta looked at me. I held out my hand. “Group?” Ken and Iuetta looked at each other, and smiled, putting their hands on top of mine.
“Group!” They said simultaneously.

Light is to Dawn as Dark is to Dusk.

Mon May 21, 2012 6:12 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Very good grammar, compared to a few other things I see in here. I'm interested to see how this turns out!
Also, kudos to you for the Bidoof playing the bit of the outcasted pokemon role.
However, I recommend that you give a bit more exposition to characters. I am having trouble with finding out certain aspects of the characters.
But, continue on, its good!

Goodbye
"

Mon May 21, 2012 7:55 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Chapter Two
Beginning of a Disaster

I yawned, absolutely exhausted. Iuetta and the rest of the kids in my class were tired as well. Yawns and stretches were going around like the flu.
“Oh go~~sh I’m so tired!” Iuetta’s voice cracked as she stretched; I smiled, remembering how she insisted to sit on the floor so Deerling could sit in her lap. After a few minutes, Mister gave up and let her. Everyone here knew that once Iuetta had her mind on something, she was too stubborn to change it. I looked around, all the people and Pokémon were exhausted, except for two:
Ken and Marill.
I stifled a laugh, seeing Ken try to teach Marill how to play cards, and when it didn’t work, get splashed in the face with water gun. Marill made a squeaking sound like laughter and jumped off the table before Ken could grab him. Ken scowled, looking under the table, and getting splashed in the face again.
I looked over at Clover. At the beginning of the day, she wasn’t fond of the fluffy brown mass she held in her arms, now she was half-asleep, and stroking the small Bidoof.
I felt Pidgey on my head, and by the lack of movement, I’d say he’s asleep.
“Well.” Mister said, looking around, and frowning. “This class went well, a bit too well. In fact, I’d think it’d be hard to separate you from your Pokémon.” He said; a slight edge to his voice.
“How many of you are going to be ten soon?” He asked. Everyone raised their hand. His frown deepened. “Well… I’ve been your teacher for five years, and I know you all well. Once you get something, you don’t want to give it up.”
Laughter rippled through the classroom.
“How about, you just keep your Pokémon, eh? My parting gift for when you leave on your adventure.” He offered. I turned slightly and saw brilliant smiles light up on the other kid’s faces. Clover picked up Bidoof and squeezed it happily. Her two other friends, Jade and Marlia, smiled and pet their new addition to the family: A Bellsprout and Mareep.
There was movement on my head and Pidgey hopped onto the table, twittering excitedly. I gently ruffled its wings and it protested mildly.
“Okay, enfants, children, time to go. I know you all will probably start your journey tomorrow. Train well, treat your Pokémon with kindness and do your best! Do not forget to drop by and say hello once and awhile, yes?”
“Goodbye, Mister!” Most of the class yelled.
“See yah, Mr. Gb’logburgubr!” Ken yelled, everyone stared at him, wondering how the heck he just said that, and then Clover laughed. It wasn’t a mocking laugh I usually heard, it was free-flowing, and sounded natural. Her blonde curls bounced as she did a small hop, to regain her balance, and looked at Ken.
“You,” She started. “Are the most interesting, wacky, and outgoing boy I’ve ever met!” She giggled. Jade and Marlia smiled, their Pokémon in their arms. She waved.
“Bye!” She yelled. The class responded with a chorused goodbye, and they all started to walk out the double doors in the front, even Mister left. Ken and Iuetta walked over to me, we stood in a small circle.
“I guess I’ll see you and that idiot,” Iuetta glanced jokingly at Ken. “In the morning.” She smiled, leading her half-awake Deerling out the door. Ken looked at me.
“I have the strangest feeling I was just mocked.” He said sarcastically. “But I wasn’t sure who mocked me because I wasn’t listening.”
I let out a small laughed and walked toward the door.
I knew I probably wasn’t going to sleep, but I at least had to try.
________ ________
I walked toward my house, the dim lights of the Pokémon Center and Street lights to guide me. I’m not afraid of the dark, never have been, but something felt eerie about tonight. Like something was going to happen, something big.
I walked down the narrow street, forest flanking me on one side, the shops and other houses on my other side. I dearly wished I could see into the forest. Something just wasn’t right.
I was about five to six meters from my house, and then I saw it. Two gleaming eyes in the forest; my first instinct was to bolt for my house. Yet, when I studied the eyes, they weren’t dark and deadly, like a predator. They were scared and pleading. I needed to get it to come to me, hopefully, I could get it close enough to pet it, and then I would be able to take it inside.
I slowly kneeled and slipped my backpack from under my shoulder. It flinched as light from a flashlight blazed over it. I could see it clearly for a second, a small hedgehog like Pokémon with spots on its back.
“Hurry UP!” A gruff and mean voice hissed. He had longer dark brown hair, and as he ran over to the Pokémon, he dropped a card. He kicked the small thing, it squealed in pain, but ran, giving me a swift glance of pleading.
After they were gone, I snuck over and picked up the card; a Trainer Card. A picture of the boy was on it, how much money he has in digital numbers, and his name:
Ashton Thompsin.
“My Trainer Card!” The boy’s voice hissed. I dropped the card and sprinted to my house, Pidgey was making a demonic sound as he caught a glimpse of the boy.
I frowned, looking back from my porch. He didn’t see me, I don’t think, but he certainly wasn’t very nice to Pokémon. Also, considering he had a Pokémon with him I’ve never seen before, and it didn’t have a Pokéball, I’m assuming he stole it.
I backed into my house quickly as I locked eyes with the boy. A look of panic crossed his face as he saw me, and he sprinted off.
Something wasn’t right with that boy, and something tells me I just got tangled in something bad.

Tue May 22, 2012 6:44 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

This story is fabulous! I wish my writing flowed as well as yours does, it's interesting too! Please continue! :)

Wed May 30, 2012 7:39 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Thanks, to the two peeps who have read and commented on my story! I appreciate it!
Hehe... Peeps. I love using that slang word. :lol:
Sorry it took so long to make this next chapter, I tend to Procrastinate. :frustrated:
I hope you like it... Hehe... Gotta love Orchid's mother!!

Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:04 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Chapter Three
Operation: Leave the House!

“Mo~~m! I’m ho~~me!” I called, trying to shove the boy to the back of my mind.
“Oh! Welcome home dea- What’s with the bird on your head?”
“That’s my mom! Straight to the point!” I smiled happily. She fretted over the bird.
“Honey. I just cleaned the house. If it used the restroom on the floor…”
Pidgey protested, as if saying:
‘PUH-LEESE, WOMAN! I’m not THAT stupid!’
Mother smiled hesitantly.
“Mom, it doesn’t matter. I’m leaving tomorrow anyways.” I said, rolling my eyes. She frowned.
“I was hoping you weren’t going to… I mean… I could sure use some help around here…” She gave me puppy-dog eyes. I snorted. Here we go.
“No.” I said firmly. She whined.
“At least for another year! PLEASE~~!!” She protested. I scooted past her.
“I’ll be in my room.”
“PLEASE~~!!!!” She ran after me, whining like a Houndour that wanted out of its cage. I slammed the door behind me, careful not to hit her. My mom was a real baby sometimes: Super clingy and self-absorbent. I heard her nails rake across my door. I cringed; it sounded like a Skarmory screeching in apprehension. I was tempted to jump out of my window. Instead, I simply locked my door. All ten of the super-durable, super-strong padlocks. There was one more, but it was the door handle lock. That one was locked at ALL TIMES. My mom tends to sleep-walk and steal my things. I never see them again. Learned that lesson the hard way.
Pidgey fluttered to the window and settled on the ledge temporarily before flying somewhere else. I packed all of the things I found necessary into my backpack. It was one of those backpacks that had a clip on the straps. It sounds childish, but I have a feeling it’s going to save my life one day. Pidgey stole a couple of my dryer sheets, that I never cared to throw away, and made a make-shift nest on the window ledge. How he did that so quickly? I wasn’t entirely sure. Then again, it could’ve taken an hour, I always lost track of time when I was packing.
I checked my watch. 9:03. It took two hours to pack?! Whaaaat?! It never takes that long!
… Then again. I kept getting distracted by strange noises coming from the front of the house. My mom is probably setting up traps to try and catch me if I plan on leaving before she wakes up.
That, or, she’s just trying to trap me in general.
My mom is a psycho. But I love her because she’s taught me valuable life lessons.
One is, never tell people you don’t entirely trust what happened at school. Chances are, some of your enemies will miraculously move away.
Another is, EPIC Daughter Complexes equal BAD FOR DAUGHTER. She will eventually do everything she can to avoid you.
Not only that, but if you have set up TRAPS to catch your daughter on Important Days, she’s eventually going to become, basically, a ninja! A Ninja Daughter usually jumps out of her window JUST to get to school, and that is a safety violation. You would think Mom would realize that Officer Jenny can arrest her for setting up traps, in the house, to catch a Human Being.
See? Important life lessons. Not your average ones, but important, none-the-less.
I heard my mom gluing something on my door just now. I’m going to have to jump out of my-
I look at the window. It has prison bars nailed around it.
When did she…?!
Alright. That’s it. Operation: Leave the House has just inaugurated.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I shimmied through the vent. It’s about 21:15, I must map out all of the traps and find a way to leave with my baggage. My load is just too big for the vent. The duct would collapse from all the weight.
I peeked through a neighboring vent. The living room. My mother sat there, casually reading a magazine. Her foot didn’t move an inch like it usually would. Lasers. Very crafty, oh mother of mine. I can barely see the small beams of light, one over your foot. You almost fooled me, but your distinct habit is not present. I can see right through it.
And I’m… Talking to myself…
I thought through all of my spy gear. I believe I have a special bomb that would easily make them visible. Though, I have only one in my disposal. Let’s hope she doesn’t have anymore.
I continued silently. The rest were slightly obvious. A trip wire would send a log barreling me into the wall. Darts with paralyzing potion on them line the hallway, a single miss-step would trigger the wave. She has set up the hallway Ancient Tomb style. Very crafty. She even carved hieroglyphics in the wall.
The Kitchen is set up like a giant mousetrap. All of the things and traps are easy to see, as well as the outcome of the tripwire, but she must have a twist to that theme.
The Entertainment Room has no visible traps. But I’m not fooled. The chandelier is hanging at a slight tilt to the east, toward my bedroom. Suspicion tingles in the back of my neck.
I make it to the vent overlooking my room, and my suspicions are confirmed. The thing I heard her glue to my door earlier is a wire. But she didn’t just glue the thing. She made this concoction herself. From the slightest movement, the glue will break away, and the wire will shoot away from the door, sending the chandelier hurtling toward me. I would have to shut my door to keep from getting harmed, therefore, trapping me in my room by a five ton hanging contraption.
This is insane. My mother is an evil genius. How does she accomplish these tasks in such little time?
If I have any chance of escape, I need to formulate a plan. This process may take a good hour or so, but it is better than winging it.
Of course, I could escape using the vent, and get my stuff later.
But where’s the fun in that?

Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:08 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Very good! Although, I would like to point out that you said "Operation: Leave the House has just inaugarated". I think the word 'commenced' might work better. All in all, very good. I especially got a few lols out of the writing. Also, I like your avatar. I cant figure out why, though... :p

Goodbye
"

Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:31 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Woohoo! I actually finished another Chapter!
Quicker than usual, if I do say so myself... :P
I didn't expect to really get this far. I usually get bored with this stuff by Chapter Two. :oops:
Hehe...

Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:08 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Chapter Four
Have to Be Out By 7!

I shot up, immediately checking the watch on my wrist. I sighed, relieved. 5:00 AM. That should give me a good one and a half hours until Mom woke up, and a good two hours to escape.
I grabbed my backpack and Pidgey landed on my head. I had to think this through, and if was a bit risky, but mom expected me to slam the door to keep from injury. Yet, by a little calculations, I found out that there would be at least a second before the actual impact on the door. So if I just opened the door as quickly as possible and dodged to the side, I might be able to evade the oncoming chandelier. Not only that, but if Pidgey used Gust, it might actually buy me some time to dodge.
I softly removed the locks and tossed them on my bed. I turned the handle lock until a subtle ‘click’ let me know that I could open the door.
“Ready, Pidgey?” I breathed softly.
“Pidge pidgey!” It called arrogantly. I smiled, clutching the handle.
“Go!” I slammed the door open, the Chandelier was already on its way toward me. Pidgey blasted the monstrous thing with Gust as I dodged to the side. The Chandelier smashed through the wall and blocked my bedroom. I ran along, into the living room.
I narrowed my eyes, focusing on the center of the room, and ignited the smoke bomb before tossing it. The smoke flooded the room and the red beams of light flickered before becoming a solid color. Pidgey grasped my backpack and pulled it along with effort as he flew, while I rolled and flipped across the room. I slipped up once and my hair hit a laser, giving me a little bit of a haircut.
The Kitchen. Quite honestly, I have never really used this room. The main reason was because my mom was usually cooking something that was never food. Which were usually paralysis potions or exploding nail polish. Something along those lines.
I noticed something that I didn’t notice during my escapade through the vent. There were holes in the tiles. I silently cursed myself for not noticing them, and then began to examine.
I had seen these before; they were one of Mom’s favorite traps. Once a switch was flipped, or a button pushed, spears would spring from the ground. Now I understood. The ‘Mouse Trap’ theme was a decoy to distract me from this. No doubt that the giant mouse traps still worked, but if she left the room empty, I would’ve eventually noticed the holes in the tiles.
Well done, Mother. Kudos to you.
I frowned, wondering where the switch was. That’s when I noticed it. On the ceiling, there were light looking things, further examination proved that they were motion sensors, covering every inch of the entrance to the kitchen. This sent a message loud and clear:
“You’re going to HAVE to turn on the spears, otherwise you can’t LEAVE! Hehehehe!!”
I snorted, hearing my mom’s voice coming from a loudspeaker. How ironic, mother, that you actually put a recording saying that.
I sighed, slightly annoyed for there being no way out of this situation.
“Pidgey. Give me my bag back. I want you to fly so you are nearly hitting the ceiling.” I say. Pidgey cocked his head to the side questioningly. I quickly explained.
“No doubt my mom rigged the spears so they would nearly hit the ceiling. The gap between the spears and the ceiling aren’t going to be big enough for a backpack, but they will be big enough for a Pidgey. Got it?” I asked. Pidgey cooed, agreeing, and dropped the backpack in my arms.
“Go!” I signaled. He dove through the motion sensors and shot to the top as the spears shot upward, then recoiled into the ground before shooting back up again five seconds later. It repeated the process. I checked my watch. 6 o’clock. I still have to get through this room and the Hallway.
I heard a shuffling upstairs. Mom is sure to get up soon. I waited for the spears to start recoiling before running to a boat sized mouse trap. Careful not to touch the cheese on the one end, I waited on the other side until the spears recoiled again. I leaped to a giant metal cage-like trap and climbed on top of it. Pidgey was waiting for me on the fridge. I did a front flip/ jump kind of thing like in movies and landed on the fridge. Pidgey was already on the counter next to the exit. This is when Mom added another twist. Pidgey swooped upwards in shock as the counter lit up with electricity.
She’s trying to kill me! I thought in shock. She really is!
I waited for a second before the electricity turned off before jumping. As soon as my feet touched the counter, I leaped back up, handing onto the top of the cabinets as the electricity flashed on again. It was Pressure Activated. I cursed silently and swung toward the door, leaping through the doorframe.
The Hallway. I was almost there.
“Orchid?”
I stiffened, checking my watch. 6:30 AM.
“Oh no…” I groaned. “Focus!” I narrowed my eyes, looking at the Tomb Style hall. My mom always over-complicated these traps. No doubt there was a Safe Path, and if you stepped in the wrong place, you would get skewered.
I frowned, tapping my foot lightly on a tile. Darts shot out all at once. Then died down. I frowned deeper, stepping on a blue tile. The side of the wall opened on the left, and a torrent of water from the right swept into the open wall into a giant whirlpool 100 feet down that would suck the drowning victim to who-knows-where.
My mouth dropped. This Hallway was always a little bit more insane then the rest of the rooms, but this was just… Just… TOO MUCH. I can’t say that I’m not a little proud of my mom though. I mean, who has a Mom that can set up crazy traps like these so quickly? Very few.
I instantly canceled out all of the blue tiles. Those were a BIG no-no. The plain tiles shot darts and the red tiles…
I stepped on a red tile and recoiled as flames shot from the ceiling.
Good lord, Mother! You really thought of everything! Pidgey squawked in annoyance.
‘Get on with it, girl!’ He seemed to be saying.
“Yeah yeah.” I said, smiling. I stepped on a green tile. Nothing. I shifted my weight to that foot and looked for another green tile. There were no more. Only a purple tile a little ways up. I reached out and stepped. Nothing. A peach colored tile. Step. Nothing. White tile. Step. Nothing.
That’s when Mom HAD to put another twist. There was a sandy yellow tile. It was so far up, that I would only be able to get there by jumping. I frowned. Sandy yellow. I wouldn’t be surprised if the floor opened up and Quicksand gobbled me up. Yet, I had to take the chance. Pidgey was on the other side. I bent my knees and shoved off in a leap, landing unsteadily on the sandy tile. I waited for a second. Then two. Nothing. I smiled wide, and leaped to the other side. I checked my watch. 6:59. Perfect timing.
I twisted the lock and opened the door to see the city and... My mom, standing there with a proud grin.
“Great job, sweetheart!” She said proudly. I jumped in surprise.
“Mom!”
“I’m SO proud of you! You have no idea!” She said. “My little ninja.” She ruffled my short ginger hair. I smiled.
“You didn’t plan on having me stay here another year anyways, did you?”
“NOPE!” She said, hands on her hips, an smug smile on her face. “If you said okay, I’d have raised you wrong!” She laughed.
“Besides. Momma needs some ALONE TIME to come up with more traps.” She winked. I rolled my eyes.
“Please, woman! Like I’d come and visit.” I snorted. She tisked.
“Maybe not you, but your Father surely will.” She laughed maniacally. “I love it when I catch him… Mwahahahahaaa… It’s very entertaining…” She laughed like a lunatic, then turned back to me, her motherly smile back on her face.
“Have fun, dear. Make sure to get Momma a Pokémon that likes to play TRICKS!” She said excitedly, slipping past me and slamming the door. I snorted.
“Aye aye, Crazy Psychopath of a Mom.”
“ATTA GIRL!” She yelled though the door. I shifted my backpack and walked toward the school, where I see Ken, Iuetta, and… Clover? I ran up, staring at Clover questioningly. She snorted, amused.
“Hey, Ging.” She said. I rolled my eyes.
“Blondie. What are you doing here?” I asked. She huffed.
“I’m going to travel alone, that you very much, but I came to tell you we should be Traveler Friends.”
“Traveler Friends?”
“Yeah. My Mom came up with it. It means even if we don’t travel together, we can still tell each other about things we find, or about towns and uh... Be friends. I guess.” She said. I frowned.
“What’s with the sudden change of attitude?” I asked. She snorted.
“Please, Ging. I still don’t find you very…” She looked me over. “Friend Material. But we could at least help each other out. Besides,” She smiled mischievously. “I need a Rival Buddy.” She said. I glared at her, a smug smile on my face.
“Sure thing, Blondie.”
“Good!” She handed me a card. “Here’s my PokéGear number, call me when you feel like it.” She smiled pleasantly and walked off. I stared at the card in disbelief for a moment before turning to my two friends.
“Where we goin’?”
“Well!!” Iuetta said giddily. “I suggested we go see Professor Elm in New Bark Town. I could use a Pokédex, yah know?!”
I turned to Ken.
“You cool with that?” I asked. He shrugged.
“Fine by me.” He agreed. I smiled.
“New Bark Town it is.”

Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:14 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I was trying very hard not to laugh from this. XD Very entertaining~

Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:21 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Hello, sorry about not updating. I've been... Preoccupied.

This is a friendly reminder to my terrible excuse of a best friend, who I know has been reading my story.
Don't. You. Dare.
I. Will. Cut. You.
You know what I'm talking about, Stace.
Okay? Luv yah! :P

Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:05 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Well gee Nicki. Love yah too but honestly I was going to compliment you and you know I only speak the truth when critisizing ;)

Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:17 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Oh puh-lease no you weren't! :roll:

Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:19 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I have to warn you. In chapter two there are a few ... incorrectly written sentences. Some of them need a semi-colon or a coordinating conjunction to be written correctly. We don't want a comma splice now do we? Overall I thought it was well written and I like how it flows from one place to next. I've read some others and I found most of them choppy but yours seems more natural. I hope you stick with this story line. It could really turn into a fantastic story. One pointer though is that you might want to define your characters more and give us more of a sence of their thoughts. Their wants and desires. Maybe even their fears. Add a little more depth and this story will unfold magnificently.

Last edited by Articuno63 on Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:33 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Way to sound like a god, Stacy. I'm working on the fifth chapter right now.
:frustrated:
It's going to HAVE to be longer than usual...
Unless I cut it off suddenly...
Nah. I hate doing that. :)

Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:36 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Well I'm glad to hear it becauseI really do think this story will unfold rather nicely so keep it up. ;)

Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:38 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Chapter Five
Dismal Extents for Pidgey

“Ken. Ken. Kenny. Kennith. Ken. Ken. Hey. Ken.”
“Oh my god… What?” He groaned, glaring at Iuetta.
“You look tired.”
“I am, genius.”
“Why?”
“Why? Because I woke up earlier than usual, today, that’s why.”
“Whaaat? I always wake up this early!” Iuetta exclaimed, dumbfounded. I heard Ken slap himself.
“I. Am. A. Guy.” He said slowly. “I don’t need very much time to get ready.”
“But… But…” She sounded like all the logic in the world had just crumbled.
“Ken,” I laughed. “School starts at eight. When exactly do you wake up?”
“Seven forty-five.”
“Ah.” I snickered. “That makes sense.” I said, thinking of how it made sense that his hair was always so chaotic and unkempt.
“Don’t mock me. My mom’s a lunatic before seven forty-five. If I make the slightest noise before that time, she wakes up and turns into a beast.”
I looked away, a displeased frown in my face.
YOUR mom’s a lunatic? Have you met MINE? I thought caustically. Pidgey kept making short chirps that sounded suspiciously like laughs. I flicked the bird and it whacked me with its wings.
“Oh! Check it out!” Iuetta yelped, running ahead, the grass making a crinkly sound beneath her feet. She jumped up and down ecstatically, facing a cave forming into a mountain. Ken read the sign.
“Dark Cave? Really?!” He gasped sarcastically. “Oh wow! I never would have guessed! Because, I mean, LOOK at it! It’s all… Dark and Cave-y!” He mockingly squealed like a FanGirl and did jazz hands. His Marill squealed in mock agreement. I rolled my eyes, slugging his arm.
“Wow, you even rub off on Pokémon.” Iuetta frowned, an eyebrow rose as she looked from him and back to the Marill. “I’m impressed.”
“He’s Ken. What do you expect?” I asked sarcastically. Kken huffed, putting his hands on his hips.
“I’m not sure whether to be offended of feel praised!”
“It’s a little of both.” I replied; I carefully looked into the cave. It was dark alright, but my mom taught me how to get around that…
I totally forgot how to get around that. Nice going, Orchid. Pidgey chirruped and it echoed throughout the cave. I flinched as millions of eyes opened on the ceiling.
“P-Pidgey… I think you just made millions of Zoobat angry…” I whispered. Pidgey cooed in a small agreement. I back away, frowning in concern.
“What’s up?” Ken asked. I put my index finger up to my lips. He frowned in a silent question, but didn’t say anything.
“HOLY MOTHER OF EVERYTHING LIVING!” Iuetta yelled as thousands of Zoobat swarmed from the cave. Pidgey used Gust to blow them away as they swarmed around us. I shielded my eyes like a sensible person would do, that is, until I heard Pidgey squawk in anger. My eyes snapped open, seeing Pidgey dive after an oddly dress man with a red ‘R’ on his chest heading back into the cave with a shiny gem of some sort in his hands.
“Pidgey!” I yelled, trying to get through the storm of bat Pokémon. Anger shot through me quickly. I pulled off my backpack and took out a bamboo stick the size of a toothbrush. I snapped it outwards and it extended it a five-foot-long bamboo pole. I walked toward the cave entrance, Ken and Iuetta behind me as I twirled the pole like a large baton. Zoobat squealed in displeasure as I whacked them out of the way.
“Sorry, but I’m sort of in a hurry.” I grumbled, not caring much for their safety at the moment.
~~
“How did you do that?!” Iuetta exclaimed. I pushed the end of the pole back into its original form, laughing nervously.
“I live with my mom.” I answered vaguely. Ken sprayed a bit of Potion onto Marill, who seemed to have gotten scuffed up.
“Well, now that we’re here, what do we do?” He asked, not looking up.
I felt my pupils dilate as overwhelming resentment flooded my chest. Something told me that man stole something Pidgey held dear. Otherwise, Pidgey wouldn’t have left my side in the first place.
“What do we do now?” I repeated the question, seeing Iuetta and Ken freeze at the acid in my voice. “We chase after that jerk-off that stole something very dear from me.”
“W-What was stolen-? Where’s Pidgey?” Iuetta asked, looking around.
“Exactly.” I growled.
“He stole Pidgey?!” Ken exclaimed.
“That was probably the plan. He stole something that Pidgey had, and Pidgey chased after him.” I said, looking back, a grimdark smile on my face. “I plan on finding him at all costs.”
~~
I walked through the caves. I hadn’t felt this much anger since Dad left for a job in Unova without us. I swatted away a group of Zoobat that attacked me. When Ken tried catching one, it wouldn’t let him.
“These Zoobat are owned by someone.” I mused. Another group of Zoobat flew from the shadows, screeching annoyingly.
“MOVE!” I yelled, kicking them all to the ground. Iuetta coughed.
“Isn’t that Pokémon Cruelty?” She asked quietly. I continued stomping forward angrily.
“It isn’t when they stole my Pokémon!” I yelled indignantly. Ken muffled laughter behind me.
Endless twists and turns, it was a miracle I could see four feet in front of me. Pokemon like Ratata and Zoobat attacked, I was hesitant to punt the Ratata, that is, until they started biting me. That’s when I started playing football with the little vermin.
I heard a muffled gasp as I punted away another Ratata, and I followed the gasp to a large room with light. It took a second to get adjusted before I found what I came for. Pidgey, along with several other Pokémon, were caged up.
“Espee! Espee!” An Espeon tried using its powers, but a lady zapped it.
“Shut up, stupid.” She laughed, a smirk on her face.
“Essspee!!” It yowled, falling over, still awake.
“Oh my god…” Iuetta latched onto Ken’s jacket in horror. That sent me over the edge; I’m surprised I already wasn’t over the edge in the first place.
“HEY!! What is WRONG with you?!” I demanded; running and jumping. I did a spin in the air and slammed both feet into her face inelegantly. Elegance was the last thing on my mind at the moment, but I still landed lightly on my feet. Ken and Iuetta were watching me, mouths agape. Iuetta covered her eyes as twenty or more people charged toward me with taser-looking things.
I grabbed the bars to the giant cage and jumped up, positioned horizontally as I kicked about five people in the face two times. The momentum of kicking on something solid sent me to the top of the cage, where I front flipped off the top and smacked onto one’s head, jumping off and doing a spinning kick in the middle of the mass. I landed in a circle of knocked out bad guys and elbowed a lady in the gut when she came too close. I palmed the ground and brought my right foot up swiftly, smacking a man in the jaw, where he flew several meters in the air before slamming into the ground, dropping on more people, whose faces became acquainted with the ground.
The remaining three people stood there, fear making their arms tremble as I glared at them. One of them had the key around his waist.
“Give it.” I growled. Two of them escaped, the one with the key shivered for a second before screaming and running like a toddler.
That is when Ken stuck out his fist and most likely broke his nose. I smiled happily.
“That was Boss.” I said, nodding.
“Nice going Ken!” Iuetta exclaimed, still clinging to his jacket. He smiled at her.
“Thanks. Now, I know I’m irresistible, but can you please let go?” He asked jokingly. Iuetta’s cheeks earned some color before she let go, looking away in a huff. I rolled my eyes, walking toward the man. I kneeled down and he shrieked.
“Oh, you’re awake. Nice. I have a question.”
“An Honorable Team Rocket Grunt would never answer the questions of a ruffian like you!” He said defiantly. I laughed evilly.
“You just answered my question, which was, ‘What Organization are you from?’!” I cackled like a witch. It didn’t sound very attractive, but it made him more afraid.
“Now.” I whispered. “Give me the keys.” I commanded. He screeched as I held out my hand. He quickly scrambled up and ran off, disappearing into the darkness. I stared after him in disbelief.
“Whoa. That was really fast.” I said, slightly impressed.
“Yeah, but how are we going to release the Pokémon? That Espeon needs medical treatment!” Iuetta cried. I stood up.
“No problem.” I said, taking out a paperclip from my pocket. “It would have been easier with the key, but whatever right?”
“Hold up!” Ken demanded. I looked up from bending the metal. A look on concern was plastered on his face. “You have major Martial Arts skills and you can Pick Locks with a paperclip?” He asked. “What are you, a Robber?”
I shook my head. “The correct term is Ninja, much more advanced than a petty Robber.” I replied.
“A ninja? You expect me to believe you’re a Ninja?” Ken ask incredulously. “Really?”
“I’m not asking you to believe anything.” I motioned my hands to emphasize my point. “I’m just telling you what my mom has been training me to be for my entire life.”
“But a Ninja? That’s just… Just…” He sighed. “Just… No.”
“Ken,” Iuetta started. “After what you’ve seen today, do you really not believe what she just told you?”
He paused, frowning. “It’s just hard to believe. We don’t exactly have Ninja’s In this time period. Besides,” He looked at me as I began picking the lock. “don’t Ninja’s usually train at a secret facility?” He asked. I shook my head.
“They used to, but with all of those Trainees in one place, it was really easy to take them all out at once.” I said blankly, concentrating.
“That’s just…” Ken walked over. “Move for a second.” He said. I blinked in confusion before moving back a foot. He snapped out his foot, snapping the lock off the cage.
“THAT’S JUST CRAZY!” He yelled. My jaw dropped. Iuetta stood there, shocked. Marill backed up.
Good choice, Marill. I thought, shaken.

Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:03 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Great! The only thing I can point out is that it is spelled "Zubat". And there are a couple typos here and there, but that doesn't really matter. Unless DNA reads this.

You write fabulously, please continue~ :)

Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:27 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Whoops! I thought I spelt that wrong, thanks! I was too lazy to look it up, of course. :oops:

Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:57 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Dragonair101 wrote:
Unless DNA reads this.

OHSHI-
I just realized that
Dragonair101 wrote:
Unless DNA reads this
(Again, OHSHI-), I'm also the only guy who reads this, since D101, Evo44, and Articuno63 from what it seems, are all girls. Yay for me!
In the end of chapter 5, I kinda got confused as to why Ken lashed out, so try to emphasize on the other characters' thoughts. Other than that...
YAYZIEZ!!!!!!11!!!1!!1one!!one!!
EDIT: Oh god, what have I done?!? My mind must have been on crack or something!
You people remind me of how Drago_girl and I talk sometimes.

Goodbye
"

Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:30 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

^-^ Knew one of you would get confused about that.
-_-"" I know Ken is going to have some story about why he lashed out... I just can't come up with one at the the moment...

uGH,,, nOOO,,, i NEED TO COME UP WITH A BACK STORY,,, mEHHH,
asdfghjkl;

:D Thanks for still reading it, guys!

Wed Jun 27, 2012 6:56 am
I got -10200 in Jeopardy

Location: Obsessing over my paper cranes (props to whoever gets this reference, no one will)
I love the story, I think it flows beautifully and is very poetic. I love the way you use pokemon in your metaphors and the only problem I have with it is I can't read more of it!

PLANNING ON GETTING 1000 POSTS BEFORE OCTOBER 1ST. HELP ME BY MAKING NEW THREADS THAT I CAN SPAM IN

So, this forum just got a revamp, its now interesting, we have a few members, we have some games, we're about to open a Forum Shopping Center to buy Pokemon and Items... (If we get store clerks). We have a WEREWOLF game, and I know how much Psypoke likes Werewolf, so If you're itching to play a shorter game than usual, sign up.

Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:43 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Hey guise... I've been stupid, sorry. But I think I've gotten a little better at writing in my elongated absence. But ultimate rule still applies! Constructive criticism appreciated! :D

Chapter Six
A New Teammate?

Ken and Iuetta hadn’t said anything until half way to Cherrygrove. I didn’t say anything for the fear of starting an argument. We all basically walked there in a super awkward silence that was driving me a tad insane. I had to start listing the letters of the alphabet from ‘Z’ to ‘A’ in my head just to keep myself busy. We talked a little, but it was mainly asked if one another were alright if we fell down, then we would go back to that awkward silence.
“O-kay.” I shot in suddenly, making Iuetta and Ken jump. “This silence is driving me a tad insane.” I said, surprised at the irritation coating my voice thickly. Iuetta and Ken looked at me warily, like I was going to punch a tree and it was going to split in half. I frowned, eyes narrowing.
“What?” I asked. Iuetta smiled tightly.
“N-Nothing.”
“I’m not a killer or anything.”
“We know.”
“I’m not going to hurt you guys.”
“Yeah. We know.”
“Then what’s the matter?” I asked, exasperated. Iuetta looked away and I sighed. “Seriously...?” I murmured, crossing my arms. Ken looked over, his green eyes cold.
“It’s nothing.” He said flatly. I walked over and caught him in a headlock.
“Oh really?” I started. “It’s nothing? Hm? Wanna pass that by me again?”
“O-Orchid!” He laughed, glaring up at me.
“You guys are like siblings!” Iuetta giggled, causing Ken to smile.
“Yeah right! Like she’d ever be my sibling!” The brunette laughed, ducking effectively out of my headlock.
“You never know~!” Iuetta teased, poking him.
“We look nothing alike!” He protested, motioning toward our faces vaguely. Iuetta poked his nose, and he swatted at her hand.
“Yeah, yeah, okay Kenny.” She sighed, faking a crestfallen look. “Not even caring to play along, geez.”
“Actually, Ken.” I held up my hand a tad. “We’re related on your mother’s side.”
“Two against one, Kenny!”
“No, this is not okay.”
“It’s perfectly okay.”
“Related, related!”
“She’s singing.”
“Indeed.”
“Rela—Did you just say ‘Indeed’?” Iuetta cackled. “Related, like sirs.”
“Look what you did. This is your fault.”
“You cannot insist that this is my doing.”
“Yes I can.” Ken grinned. “This is entirely your fault.”
“Excuse me, dorks who insist that they stand in the middle of the road?”
Hearing the voice from behind us, we spun around, startled.
“Clover!” Iuetta squawked, but then cleared her throat abruptly. “I mean—Clover, like a ma’am.”
“Iuetta no.” Ken smacked his forehead.
Clover stood behind us atop the ledge we had just jumped down from a few minutes ago. She had her blonde hair pulled back in a messy braid, which was new for her. She stood there, looking down as if scrutinizing us before jumping from the ledge. She landed befittingly daintily and looked up, the Bidoof in her arms looking shaken from the sudden drop.
“Blondie!” I exclaimed. “I thought you would’ve headed down toward Route 32.”
“Yeah, change of plans.” She suddenly sounded annoyed. “I need Falkner’s badge to get past this idiot standing guard just to get to Azalea Town, and I’m not trained enough to go against Falkner yet. Oh, the irony.” Clover crossed her arms and walked forward. She fell into step with us on our way to Cherrygrove.
“We were planning on going to Professor Elm’s.” I informed her. “Wanna come with?”
Clover paused, as if contemplating her actions. “Might as well. I do need to train.” She murmured hesitantly after a second.
“We also planned on swimming at the beach in Cherrygrove!” Iuetta giggled.
“We did?” Ken and I blurted, confused.
“We did!” Iuetta stuck out her tongue at us. Ken and I backed down, for we had lost this battle before it even started.
“Hey now, that’s more my speed!” Clover grinned over at us. “Bidoof loves to swim. Don’t you, Bidoof?” She looked down as her Bidoof cooed in affirmative. Clover looked up at us, shrugging.
“I guess I’m stuck with you losers for now.”
As if on cue, the three of us struck poses like the dorks we are.
“Clover has joined your team!” Ken laughed.
“One hundred twenty-three experience points earned!” Iuetta joined in.
“Would you like to give a nickname to your new teammate?” I asked.
“Clover. C-L-O-V-E-R.” Clover interjected. “You three are absolute nerds.” She sounded somewhat repulsed, but a few seconds later she broke out into giggles. “You nerds…!”

Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:49 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Haha sorry for the short short SHORT chapter guys, but I think it got the general point across about Clover, no?
Anyways I'm working on the next chapter so hopefully it'll be up WAY sooner than the last one

//crosses fingers

Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:53 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

My favorite Pokèmon starters are Chikorita, Cyndaquil, and Totodile. They're from Johto.

Sat Oct 19, 2013 12:51 pm
Reply to topic   [ 25 posts ]