It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:29 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 cryogonal 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

hey guys ive been noticing latley that alot of people are hating on cryogonal.
ive been hearing stuff like "his move set sucks" and "his stats suck"
but in my opinion i thought he has a really good move set and even though his attack and deffense are pretty bad he has some of the best special atk and special def on black/white.
so my main question here is does anyone think cryogonal is good?

Wed Mar 14, 2012 8:36 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I've never used one, but it has pretty decent-looking stats. Lousy defense, which puts its weaknesses to Fighting and Rock at fatal levels (and Fire in the cases of Blaze Kick, Flare Blitz), but it can learn Acid Armor... Confuse Ray and Reflect are good protection moves also.

But as far as attacks go, it doesn't have many options. Solarbeam and Flash Cannon are the only special moves it can learn that aren't Ice- or Normal-type, besides the somewhat unreliable Hidden Power. It could always go with Toxic and Protect and back itself up with Recover, but loads of other Pokémon can pull off the same strategy and it would prove easy to counter with any Steel-type or, if the opponent knew what was going on, Feint, or just a really powerful Rock or Fighting move on the turns Protect won't work. Could still be a pain if it had a Focus Sash. But again, this setup can be done with almost any Pokémon ever.

It's not a TERRIBLE Pokémon but there isn't really anything it appears to be the best at doing.

Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:03 am
Profile WWW
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

As far as special walls go, Cryogonal is positively phenomenal. His Special Attack stat isn't half bad either, and he's fast enough to get off a hit or two before dying. (Always bring your Focus Sash!)

But, like Skeleton said, his special movepool is lacklustre; besides the obvious Ice Beam, the only other reliable option he has is either Hidden Power or Flash Cannon. He's a rather good annoyer, having access to Confuse Ray and Toxic, and even better yet, he gets Rapid Spin; although he is weak to Stealth Rock and takes 25% HP damage from it, he is unscathed by Spikes and Toxic Spikes due to Levitate and can remove them handily.

Recover could be an okay option though, I suppose. After all, he'll never survive a physical hit anyway and can wall specials pretty well. Just beware of priority. He hates that. Scizor makes him cry, no pun intended.

Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:46 am
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

Yeah, what DNA said. You use these things as Specially Defensive Leads. A set inclding the moves Recover, Reflect, Toxic, and Rapid Spin would be problably be ideal.

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:56 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

From memory, there don't seem to be many specially defensive rapid spinners, so Cryogonal is in a very special place.

Wed Jun 20, 2012 1:33 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]