It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:25 pm

Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 The Best Hoenn Pokemon 
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Not To just go off in another direction or nothing but did anyone but me show Wurmple some love?
It's the first Pokemon since Eevee to evolve into different things... I'm pretty sure... Well except Tyrouge, but screw him.
Wurmple!!!
And Shedinja... Wonder Guard is Gold!!!

Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:40 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

every one is forgot metagross the best sweeper ever he owns all in his path next is agron and then salamance

Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:19 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Swampert, electric attack doesn't effect it :mrgreen:

Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:30 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

If you use Blaziken with Double Kick he's really effective. You could definatley do the Elite Four with just him once you get him around level 75. I only use Overheat as his fire move and Double Kick with everything else. Rayquaza with Extremespeed and Fly and of course Salamence!!!

Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:46 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Bagon is cool. End of story

Mon Jun 18, 2012 6:42 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Well all these options are good but Slaking, Salamence and Wobbuffet. Slaking's awesome Sp.atk and attack make a good physical sweeper. Salamence covers its flying type disadvantage with its dragon type(except the rock and ice weakness). Wobbuffet is a tank which has advantages(and disadvantages) owing to counter and mirror coat. 8-) :)

Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:28 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Has anyone mentioned aggron? With a defense already skyrocketing, and some rv training on special defense and hp, the thing is a freaking wall. And it only has like 2 2x weaknesses. And a big group of "not very effective" types. Its also effin badass. Look at it!

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mon May 06, 2013 10:15 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

AllyKatt wrote:
Has anyone mentioned aggron? With a defense already skyrocketing, and some rv training on special defense and hp, the thing is a freaking wall. And it only has like 2 2x weaknesses. And a big group of "not very effective" types. Its also effin badass. Look at it!

Except for the 4x weaknesses to Fighting and Ground, two of the more-common physical types in RSE. Even with the monster defense, it dies way too easily to Earthquake or Brick Break.

Sat May 11, 2013 10:29 am
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Swampert is very good, it can be invincible if it has this following moveset :
Ice Punch(or Blizzard)
Earthquake
Surf
Waterfall
Or I'd recommend Wobbuffet since if the opponent is lv100 and wobbuffet at lv 75 then wobbuffet can destroy the opponent
with destiny bond, counter or mirror coat :D :)

Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:29 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

But.... also don't forget metagross's meteor mash and shedinja's wonder guard ability....
If these pokemon are used to their maximum potential then they can get the enemy KO'D on the ground... :shock:

Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:33 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

sesha wrote:
But.... also don't forget metagross's meteor mash and shedinja's wonder guard ability....
If these pokemon are used to their maximum potential then they can get the enemy KO'D on the ground... :shock:

Shedinja is good when you know the enemy can't harm it, but it's too big of a risk if there are many unknowns.

Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:08 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

'The Best' is a bit objective, isn't it? Gardevoir, Blaziken, and Latias are all in my top five favorites list, and Blaziken is the first Uber starter class, at least by Smogon standards. Latios, paired with Politoed, carrying Draco Meteor, Surf, Thunder, and Roost, with a Life Orb is the best Hoenn original that I have ever used competitively, although I am no strategist, and have never strayed from the OU. Deoxys-A and Ninjask beat out all others in Attack and Speed, respectively, and Kyogre, Groudon, and Rayquaza are my favorite legendary theme trio. 'The Best' is all in the eye of the beholder.

Pokemon is meant to be a means of interacting with other people, however. The way I see this, interaction means battling and trading. It seems to me, that out of all of the Hoenn pokemon, Rayquaza seems to be one of the most sought after pokemon in trades, not that I truly know this to be fact. Latios, on the other hand, always scares me a bit when I have to face it, to the point that I prioritized speed on my own Latios to counter them. I respect Latios. I am also wary of the many forms of Breloom, and the 'imaginary-non-mega' Blaziken.

I do not really know of threats in other tiers, however, but in my eyes, although this may be a bit cliche and unoriginal, Latios is 'The Best Hoenn Pokemon'. Sentimentally speaking, however, both Gardevoir and Blaziken get strong shout outs from me, as well as Latios' little sister, Latias.

…umm…sesha, you do know that Wobbuffet is a Johto original, right?

Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:16 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

To be honest, I liked Blaziken when Gen 3 came out, and i overall enjoyed using him. (I still use him in Black 2) But I thought the best was Skarmory, simply because it was a Flying type that could withstand an attack from Rock type. But then again, that's just me.

Contact me!

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3914-9500
Steam: HammerPLUS

Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:24 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Swampert was wonderful for me, and I also think Gardevoir is an extremely amazing Pokèmon.

Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:47 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

HammerPLUS wrote:
To be honest, I liked Blaziken when Gen 3 came out, and i overall enjoyed using him. (I still use him in Black 2) But I thought the best was Skarmory, simply because it was a Flying type that could withstand an attack from Rock type. But then again, that's just me.

Skarmory is a Johto Pokemon, Hammer. It can withstand Rock type attacks due to it being Steel/Flying, not just Flying, and having a ridiculously high base defense stat.

Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:05 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I'm a Blaziken man myself. He's got speed and power trade with almost any foe, my favorite type, FIYAH, and an overall awesome look(He's got some sweet pants).

Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:04 pm
Reply to topic   [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2