It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:31 am

Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Hoenn Remakes 
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I occasionally browse a certain message board for news and leaks pertaining to BW2, and it feels like the majority of users on that board are all aching for Hoenn in some form or other, whether it be remakes, or thrown into the new games, or to be remade in Gen 6... etc.. but I'm wondering if anyone else actually wants Hoenn remade for a particular reason.

Here's why I don't want Hoenn to be remade:

> What would be the difference between the GBA game and DS remake? The gen 3 engine is fine. Obviously 5 is the best, but the difference between the two is not as large as Gen 2 against Gen 3, for example
> The plot is stupid. IF they were going to remake the Hoenn games a totally new plot with different Teams/villians that aren't retarded, yeah sure that might be ok. (on this note, can Pokemon stop referring to the bad guys as "Team XXX" already I feel like I'm in a Twilight debate or something...")
> I don't think anything of value would be added to the games.
> Kind of selfish but I don't really want anyone else to be playing Hoenn... I think what's made everyone want it so bad now is because it's a little neglected. Kind of how prior to HGSS Johto was best region ever... and now it just isn't. A remake would kill Hoenn's "specialness."

A win/win situation I'd enjoy would be RSE2, similar to BW2, where the region is the same, but you have different trainers and different Gym Leaders..etc.

Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:43 am
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I would actually like to see them remake the third gen. It really set tones for the games now. And also, 5th gen + 3rd gen = EPIC!
inb4 Samurott with his... well, just inb4 Samurott.

Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:33 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Johto is not the best region nor was it ever. I don't have favorites. I agree though especially since Kanto and Johto remakes I was ok with because I started playing Pokemon after R/B/Y/G/S/C (my first game was Ruby). It would just be awk for me if there were a Hoenn remakes. Also, rather than make a new region and new pokemon, make the next games take place in real world continents and include old and new pokemon.
As for the villains, I guess a change in their names could be in order but I can't come up with anything lol.
However, if they could bring back the Battle Frontier from 3rd Gen to a new game, that'd be cool. The Battle Pyramid, Battle Dome, and Battle Arena were cool but they just got dumped :(
And the only thing about about R/S is because after the Elite 4 nothing really important happens except legendary hunting and battle tower which doesn't last long unless you really put your mind to it.

Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:20 am
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

DragonPhoenix wrote:
I occasionally browse a certain message board for news and leaks pertaining to BW2, and it feels like the majority of users on that board are all aching for Hoenn in some form or other, whether it be remakes, or thrown into the new games, or to be remade in Gen 6... etc.. but I'm wondering if anyone else actually wants Hoenn remade for a particular reason.

Here's why I don't want Hoenn to be remade:

> What would be the difference between the GBA game and DS remake? The gen 3 engine is fine. Obviously 5 is the best, but the difference between the two is not as large as Gen 2 against Gen 3, for example
> The plot is stupid. IF they were going to remake the Hoenn games a totally new plot with different Teams/villians that aren't retarded, yeah sure that might be ok. (on this note, can Pokemon stop referring to the bad guys as "Team XXX" already I feel like I'm in a Twilight debate or something...")
> I don't think anything of value would be added to the games.
> Kind of selfish but I don't really want anyone else to be playing Hoenn... I think what's made everyone want it so bad now is because it's a little neglected. Kind of how prior to HGSS Johto was best region ever... and now it just isn't. A remake would kill Hoenn's "specialness."

A win/win situation I'd enjoy would be RSE2, similar to BW2, where the region is the same, but you have different trainers and different Gym Leaders..etc.

I agree with absolutely everything that was said herein, and that's why I never want Hoenn to be remade.

Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:46 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I want their to be one, for many reasons.
I finish the main sstorylines in a week, usually. I need something to keep me busy.
I can say I'll have one game from every gen. Well, according to NathanB.'s standards.
Moar pokemon games!

Goodbye
"

Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:42 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I [i]loved[i/]HGSS. It was much better than any previous game I have ever played along with Black. It is actually my favorite game to date.

I want a Hoenn remake because:

-RSE is known to be a complete flop in both gameplay and storyline (Emerald would probably be the exception regarding gameplay)

-It would be nice to have some Hoenn Pokemon

-It generally needs an update

And I should also mention I wouldn't be too suprised if they decide to release a newer remake of Kanto too.

sad but rad

Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:35 pm
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

"RSE was a complete flop in regards to storyline"? What is wrong with you?
It definitely had more story than both the generations preceding it. In fact, Gen 1 and 2 didn't even have a storyline to speak of.

Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:01 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

DNA wrote:
It definitely had more story than both the generations preceding it. In fact, Gen 1 and 2 didn't even have a storyline to speak of.

I never played any Generation 1/2 games, so I wouldn't know. Oops

But my point was that Generations 4 and 5 had great storylines, so if RSE was remade they could drastically improve the story (or they could make it so amazing that we won't give a rat's butt about the story!).

sad but rad

Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:45 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Actually DNA, youre wrong. A storyline is evident in Gens 1 & 2 because if they werent, what's to stop people from going directly to the E4? Nothing, really. But when you think about it, and how easily youll get creamed, youre like oh crap, I need to get stronger and learn to develop tactics and stuff. Even in games like Saints Row 3 and AC5 there is one. And those are sandbox games.
Also, @D101: Then they might as well make Gen VI then. The storyline is the essential game skeleton. Without it, it would suck.
That said, I would totally buy a Sapphire remake if they make one.

Goodbye
"

Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:32 pm
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

Quote:
A storyline is evident in Gens 1 & 2 because if they werent, what's to stop people from going directly to the E4? Nothing, really.

There is a big difference between an actual story and an event being thrown in your way.

Clearing Team Rocket out of the Radio Tower is just a long quest you have to finish. It does not contribute to any story. It is just there.
If you look closely, Gens 1 and 2 have no storyline. It's just Get 8 Badges + Beat Team Rocket somewhere in the middle of that + Beat Elite Four and Champion = A WINNER IS YOU!

A story is much more involved. Now, while I would not say that Gen 3 has as much story as Gen 5 (because it doesn't), I will say that the story is substantial, and you are shown new characters (Team Aqua/Magma) who pop up every so often and get themselves actively involved in your quest. With Team Rocket they don't actually affect you at all; you just play the hero and clean them out.

Quote:
But my point was that Generations 4 and 5 had great storylines, so if RSE was remade they could drastically improve the story (or they could make it so amazing that we won't give a rat's butt about the story!).

Or they could do both.

Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:09 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I would love if there would be a pokemon R/S/E remake. I think Hoenn its my favorite region so far.

And his pets. Image Image
Shadow's PokePet
X-Killer the level 82 Crobat!
[/color] <please don't let them die...;(

Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:35 am
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

As long as the Trick House returns eventually, in some region or another, I'll be happy.

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:37 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Seems like these Gen III Remake threads are popping up alot.

I did enjoy GenIII, the story (even though it had you going, "they are trying to do WHAT"??), and dive (which i miss). If they did make a remake, I probably wouldnt buy it, since there would not really be that big of a difference. HOWEVER, if the did a remake of GEN III, that had SUBSTANSIAL changes ( I dont mean like the RBY remakes where they simply added the islands and the new box system). I mean, overhaul to the story, overhaul to the map, overhaul EVERTHING, so that is could essentially be considered RSE 2, then id be more inclined to buy..

Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:21 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Let me start off by saying that Johto sucked before HGSS. I played Crystal earlier and it's just not Pokemon to me - it's so bad. :P

I wouldn't object to an RSE remake...but it seems a bit redundant considering you could then transfer Pokemon from RSE to their remakes. I think the fact that we were given Groudon/Kyogre/Rayquaza in HGSS is a good indicator that they won't remake it - because what's next? A DPPt remake?

It'd be fun and something "new" (especially if they revamped it nicely), and they could edit the storyline to include Gen IV and V Pokemon, but it would never live up to FRLG or HGSS simply because, in my opinion at least, RSE were a huge improvement on Gen I and II.

Fri Jul 27, 2012 7:05 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I really think it could use a remake. the first time I played rse I kinda flipped out about the upgrade from gsc and I think it sould make the leap to 3D, but I completely agree with samurott =, more pokemon games xD I think it'd be wonderful, and if for no other reason, it's the only pokemon game I cant fit into the little slot on my 3DS, I'd like to just have the complete arsenal on the DS

Fire Water Earth Wind

Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:39 pm
THE POWER IS ON!

I don't even like the games set in Hoenn but to call them a flop is so uninformed and incorrect. They did way more toward preserving the life of this franchise than another sequel in the vein of GS that references a whole bunch of crap from the past and alienates potential new fans. RSE as a trio outsold GSC and I don't know about you, but RSE certainly seemed to have many more passionate fans than either DPP or GSC (until it became hip and nostalgic to like it via HGSS) did, and especially back in the day. I know this rant only seems tangentially related to the "storyline and gameplay were a flop" but if one or both of those things were true it wouldn't have achieved the success that it did.

Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:48 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Patchy wrote:
I think the fact that we were given Groudon/Kyogre/Rayquaza in HGSS is a good indicator that they won't remake it - because what's next? A DPPt remake?

That is an excellent point...

At this point I'm just letting my mind wander, but what if they had, like in HGSS, two regions? Only with Sinnoh and Hoenn? Ought to be interesting.

sad but rad

Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:30 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

or, heres an idea. why dont they just remake all the old games for ds?

Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:24 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Like they're doing now? FRLG can go into the GBA slot, and HGSS are DS games.
In that case, way to be innovative.

Goodbye
"

Sat Aug 04, 2012 5:29 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

They need to add Battle Pyramid and Battle Dome again.
They were by far much better than the Platinum/HG challenges.
Don't forget Battle Pike, too. This remake is the best occasion to do this.

Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:16 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

That's true, they were definitely the most enjoyable part of Emerald I think. They'd also have an opportunity to release the Old Sea Map again...but I imagine it'd be a Gen VI 3DS game if anything.

Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:18 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

What about the old awesome Safari Zone instead of the one in HG/SS or Platinum, wich were actually not so nice?
The safari zone in HG/SS was actually the worst one. You can't explore, find items, just change areas :frustrated:
I don't know what it look like in BW, or if there is even one, but my favorite safari was actually the one in FR/LG and Emerald.

Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:27 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Alright , obviously making a remake of Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire would be awesome since it was one of the best selling games during the GBA era, but if they eventually make a remake, in my own opinion, this is how I feel it should be or what they should do;

they should call it Pokemon Terra Ruby and Aqua Sapphire.
redesign all gym leaders.
make a completely new plot and story.
a few kanto, johto and sinnoh pokemon should be found in the hoenn.
once you finish the game the first time, you can travel to sinnoh just like in heratgold and soulsilver.
the rest of the kanto,johto and all unova pokemon should only be available after finishing the game the first time.
if they want, they could make different players apart from brendan and may.

well that's what i think, if they make it, i'll buy it, hopefully it's on the ds.

Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:15 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Since people dont seem to get what a remake is, I'll tell the difference between a remake and a reboot.
A remake still has the original stuff in it, i.e. PLOT, LOCATION, PEOPLE. A reboot, on the other hand, restarts the series. How? By basically telling the sequels/remake/whatever to go **** itself. Since that is impossible in this case, we can rule it out.
How far can you actually go when revamp a game to make it better than the original?
Well, as long as you don't **** with the aforementioned main 3 points, you can do whatever you want.

Goodbye
"

Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:23 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Samurott wrote:
Since people dont seem to get what a remake is, I'll tell the difference between a remake and a reboot.
A remake still has the original stuff in it, i.e. PLOT, LOCATION, PEOPLE. A reboot, on the other hand, restarts the series. How? By basically telling the sequels/remake/whatever to go **** itself. Since that is impossible in this case, we can rule it out.
How far can you actually go when revamp a game to make it better than the original?
Well, as long as you don't **** with the aforementioned main 3 points, you can do whatever you want.

Um, no one else mentioned the word reboot, what's your point? FRLG had new locations; HGSS had some new plot ideas with the Celebi flashback; both had new Pokemon.

Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:30 pm
Reply to topic   [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next