It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:26 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Scizor with Aerial Ace? 
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Wow, I haven't posted here in forever. School stuff and the likes has kept me busy O.o Anyways, since fighting types seem to be so popular in today's metagame, what do you guys think about using a Scizor with Aerial Ace/Wing Attack? Thanks to Technician, with a Choice Band, you can OHKO Virizion, Mienshao and Breloom, and 2HKO Scrafty and Conkeldurr with no Def EV investment, even after a Bulk Up. I haven't seen this used before on PO, but I think it could work. Thoughts?

Platinum:0131 6405 3972
HG:3653-2811-9825
Up for a battle anytime! Just send me a PM.

Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:37 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

A Scizor with Aerial Ace is a great idea, considering its high attack stat. I understand that you want to use Scizor to counter fighting types, but bear in mind that Scizor has a 4x weakness to Fire, and think of the popularity of Blaziken and Infernape (and to a lesser degree, Emboar). You have the potential to get screwed pretty hard there if you don't cover your speed stat.

I'd suggest the following EV spread:
252 ATK / 4 Sp. DEF / 252 SPD

In fact, give it a Life Orb, teach it Swords Dance and a few damaging moves, and you've got a serious powerhouse. (I'm not a huge fan of choice items because they limit your pokémon, although feel free to give it a Choice Band instead) Try something like this:

Scizor @ Life Orb
Adamant, Technician
-Aerial Ace (Because you wanted it :P ; good against fighting types, priority move)
-Swords Dance (Powers up its already through-the-roof attack stat)
-Iron Head or Bullet Punch (for STAB)
-Superpower (Because fighting type moves are super effective against 5 types)

Wed May 02, 2012 8:54 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

PowerPeanut wrote:
A Scizor with Aerial Ace is a great idea, considering its high attack stat. I understand that you want to use Scizor to counter fighting types, but bear in mind that Scizor has a 4x weakness to Fire, and think of the popularity of Blaziken and Infernape (and to a lesser degree, Emboar). You have the potential to get screwed pretty hard there if you don't cover your speed stat.

I'd suggest the following EV spread:
252 ATK / 4 Sp. DEF / 252 SPD

In fact, give it a Life Orb, teach it Swords Dance and a few damaging moves, and you've got a serious powerhouse. (I'm not a huge fan of choice items because they limit your pokémon, although feel free to give it a Choice Band instead) Try something like this:

Scizor @ Life Orb
Adamant, Technician
-Aerial Ace (Because you wanted it :P ; good against fighting types, priority move)
-Swords Dance (Powers up its already through-the-roof attack stat)
-Iron Head or Bullet Punch (for STAB)
-Superpower (Because fighting type moves are super effective against 5 types)

Thanks for the tips. Mostly I'm playing on PO , so Blaziken is banned and Emboar is very scarce. I've got other ways to get rid of Infernape, so if push comes to shove I could just switch the Scizor out. Still, Infernape's defenses are pretty thin, so if it switches into an Aerial Ace, it's dead. So prediction would be very important with this scizor

Platinum:0131 6405 3972
HG:3653-2811-9825
Up for a battle anytime! Just send me a PM.

Fri May 04, 2012 5:11 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]