It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:34 am

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 Terra Nova: Dinosaurs! Drama! And did I mention Dinosaurs? 
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

So, I got the pilot episode of Terra Nova on iTunes, and finally got the chance to watch it this evening. It's a pretty decent show. The premise is about on-par for other sci-fi shows, and there are freaking DINOSAURS in it! What more do you seriously want?

So, has anyone else seen the show? What did you think? Do you think it will make it to a full season without getting cancelled by :censored: ing Fox? (And yes, I'm still sore over Firefly).

I'll be watching the second episode shortly, so I may be back with more...

Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:36 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

looks sweet but I can't watch it on my computer I will watch it on sisters computer some time.

just looked at the website did any of you notice the thing in the bottom left of the background.

that is the link :arrow: http://www.fox.com/terranova/ I think it is movie hardwear

3DS FC: 0104-0278-1948

deviantART wrote:
Vectors-R-US:
They do it to trigger fan-fictions. Fur da lulz. Cuz you know how those fan stories can get... *shudders*

VladimirMacHolzraum:
So the writers put things in the show just so they can read our screwed-up fanfics? That explains everything

Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:54 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Do you mean the vehicle thing in the bottom left? It's one of the all-terrain vehicles they drive. Armored, to protect from carnivores, which works decently.

Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:11 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I REALLY want to see this thing. I'm probably going to wait for the first season to come out on DVD, though. But I like the premise; people mess up Earth, so colonists travel back in time to try and set things right (there's some fundamental things wrong with this, but w/e). And, yes, I agree: DINOSAURS. They better have a **** Spinosaurus. Irregardless if it was proven not to have existed awhile ago *makes dismissive hand gesture*.

So, it's kinda like Jurassic Park meets Back to the Future or something (based on what I know; I haven't seen it yet). Which is awesome.

Sat Oct 08, 2011 4:39 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Well, one explanation from the show is that it's a) a one-way trip, and b) a different time-stream, so the changes in the past don't affect the future that they came from. It at least resolves any causality problems in terms of the narrative. Visually it is very similar to Jurassic Park, although obviously with the difference that the people are practically the ones in the amusement park, not the dinosaurs (it's THEIR world ;) ). Not much relation to Back To The Future, since there's only a way to get there, not to return, at least as far as has been explained (although there are hints that someone is working on a way to get back, or do something else with time-stream manipulation).

But yeah, it's a pretty awesome show so far, and I'm looking forward to watching it this year (and hopefully for many to come!)

Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:14 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Oooh, that would make sense, for the time-stream thing. I withraw what I said about some fundamental stuff being wrong :p. If it's one-way, though, that's even more interesting... I mean, if the whole colony were to get killed off (hypothetically) there would be no way to travel back and get to safety... Awesome. Back to the Future was kinda iffy, I guess. How much/what kind of technology did they bring back, just out of curiosity? Are they going to try and "farm" dinosaurs, for meat or transportation? When do we get to see someone get their guts ripped out by a velociraptor?! The last question is most relevant :p

Now I want to see it even more ;.;

Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:41 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Answers in order: Pretty much everything (advanced computers, lab & medical equipment, solar and wind power generators have all been shown so far).
They haven't done anything in terms of farming dinosaurs yet; can't speak for what they might do in the future. Transportation seems unlikely, they have electric rovers that feature pretty prominently for transportation.
Hasn't happened yet... so at least one more episode. ;)

Sat Oct 15, 2011 6:25 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Hope this isnt taken as necromancy, but I cant wait for the next season! If they make a next season, that is. I made a whole photo montage to Bleed It Out about Terra Nova.

Goodbye
"

Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:47 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I thought it was a decent show, and knowing Fox, it`ll be back.

Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:25 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

I think you mean "knowing Fox, it won't be back". Fox did not renew Terra Nova for a second season, although another network might pick it up (SyFy or something).

Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:18 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

JsXtm wrote:
I think you mean "knowing Fox, it won't be back". Fox did not renew Terra Nova for a second season, although another network might pick it up (SyFy or something).

Yeah thats what i meant, they should stop doing one season shows, this show was good enough to last at least three seasons with maybe a different premise.

Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:32 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

See, thats FOX's problem!
Amazing show? One season!
S****y sitcom? 3+ seasons!
Maybe FOX should take a look at TNT. Falling Skies? New Season this summer. Terra Nova? Hell no! I'mma throw cancel bombs at it!
And theyre soo stupid for cancelling it. Spielberg has Faling Skies, but he is trying to give FOX a scifiother than Fringe, but they just wont accept it. SyFy should take it under its wing.

Goodbye
"

Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:24 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

FOX just needs new leadership and a to bring back shows for a second season. FOX=WORST STATION EVER they advertise too much on there own station.

Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:23 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]