It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:16 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 366 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next
 Battle Royale: Winner announced! (pg 15) 

Final round:
Poll ended at Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:56 pm
HAUNTER 36%  36%  [ 4 ]
ARCANINE 64%  64%  [ 7 ]
Total votes : 11

Battle Royale: Winner announced! (pg 15) 
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Group 11: {alakazam} well duh {slowbro}
Group 12: {cubone} my starter on Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team {krabby}
Group 13: {arcanine} {gengar} both for obvious reasons
Group 14: {charizard} first starter way better than Blastoise {hypno}
Group 15: {doduo} {clefairy}
P.S. Who can find my hidden message? Hint: it's after Charizard's comment

Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:25 pm
THE POWER IS ON!

Group 11: Oddish and Slowbro -- Abra is an easy boot for being a first stage that isn't extremely cute, unlike Oddish. Between the stronger final evolutions, I prefer Slowbro's cuteness and dopiness to Alakazam's icy intelligence.

Group 12: Cubone and Krabby -- Zubat is a glorified road block and literally has no face, and I just think the other two are cuter than Weepinbell, who is kind of boring. Both because of their early episodes of the anime, really.

Group 13: Psyduck and Gengar -- Psyduck was one of my favorite Pokemon on the show and even had the class not to kill Misty despite her always being a gigantic cow to him, and in the battle of three other stereotypically cooler Pokemon, I'll take Gengar for being a purple prankster.

Group 14: Nidoran F and Hypno -- Hypno was on my original "underused" team in Yellow, and Nidoran F is a girl, so...

Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:46 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

11 {slowbro} {alakazam}
12 {cubone} {krabby}
13 {arcanine} {gengar}
14 {hitmonchan} {charizard}
15 {wartortle} {doduo}

Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:47 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Here are the results for Groups 11-15:

Group 11: Psypoke proves its a home for Psychic fans, with forum mascot {slowbro} and previous forum mascot (from what I remember) {alakazam} qualifying strongly for this group, leaving little room for Abra and Oddish, who both only scored 1 vote each.

Group 12: {cubone} took out first place in this group along with {krabby}, in a little bit of an upset, knocking out the evolved Weepinbell, whilst Zubat, surprisingly managed to score 1 vote. :o

Group 13: {gengar} received a vote from every single person, emerging as a favourite for the competition! {arcanine}, my favourite Pokemon ever, wasn't close behind with 6 nods, whilst Psyduck scored 1 vote and Machoke languished behind on 0, which is surprising as I expect its brothers Machop and Machamp to poll quite well. :o

Group 14: This has been the tightest group yet, with general favourite {charizard} taking out first place with just FOUR votes, with THREE votes each for NidoranF, Hitmonchan and Hypno. I really expected Charizard to poll higher, as really he was two votes away from missing out on the main draw altogether. Out of the three remaining Pokemon, I'm sending through... {hitmonchan}, as he was one of the best cards in the TCG for Gameboy, whilst I haven't ever used Hypno in a team ever.

Group 15: For a second there I thought he wouldn't make it, but {wartortle} finished strongly, joining {doduo}, both qualifying with 4 votes each, just edging out Clefairy one three votes, whilst Venonat could only muster 1 vote.

BATCH FOUR:

GROUP 16
ImageImageImageImage
Exeggcute, Kakuka, Dewgong, Electrode

GROUP 17
ImageImageImageImage
Arbok, Hitmonlee, Pidgeot, Exeggcutor

GROUP 18
ImageImageImageImage
Venusaur, Geodude, Charmander, Magnemite

GROUP 19
ImageImageImageImage
Pikachu, Marowak, Weedle, Nidorino

Only four groups this time, after this there's two batches to go, before wildcard selections, (ie, I pick out 5 I think were shortchanged in the prelim stages, which is why I think comments would help me with this, and also I choose another 5 based on RNG), before I draw up the bracket and we can start playing! Once again a successful batch rating will net you another 20 Psybucks.

Q: You mentioned sponsors in your last post. What are they?

A: After the preliminary stages are done, there will be 64 Pokemon remaining, ready to duke it out with one another. In the 4 days before the draws are released, you guys will be able to sponsor up to THREE Pokemon (restrictions apply). This means that any votes you cast on your chosen Pokemon will be TRIPLE a standard vote. For example, if you sponsor Bulbasaur, and he's competing against Charmander, if you vote for Bulbasaur that round, your vote will be counted as three as opposed to one.

What's the incentive of sponsoring? If your chosen Pokemon wins the Battle Royale... YOU WIN 2,000 PSYBUCKS, with prizes also available for 2nd - 8th places.

Soo... in my next post, I'll explain how voting and advantages work, because like I've stated before, it's not just a PEC in a bracket format, but there are other factors that are involved in battle matchups!

Votes will probably be tallied in 3 days time. ;)

Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:14 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

G16: {dewgong} {electrode}
This one was a very hard decision.
G17: {pidgeot} Awesome! {hitmonlee} One of my favorites back in the day.
G18: {charmander} CHARMANDER! **** YEAH! {geodude} Graveler was one of the pokemon of my kanto champion team. I love venusaur
G19: {marowak} So touching of a story. *sniff*
I cant believe I'm saying this, but {pikachu} . Pi-KA-chu!

Goodbye
"

Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:42 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

16 {dewgong} {electrode}
17 {arbok} {pidgeot}
18 {charmander} {magnemite}
19 {marowak} {weedle}

Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:32 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Group 16
{dewgong} {electrode}
Group 17
{hitmonlee} {pidgeot}
Group 18
{venusaur} {charmander}
Group 19
{pikachu} {marowak}

Last edited by King_Charizard on Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:34 am
Profile YIM WWW
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

Looks like we have some pretty epic guys running around.

From Group 16: {kakuna} {electrode} - Kakuna is clearly the superior chrysalis. It is in the top percentage of all chrysalides. As for Electrode? Fastest of all Pokemon (Deoxys notwithstanding, and Ninjask doesn't actually exist), a beast in the rain, and his Crystal and B/W sprites are the best. Those eyebrows, man. Those EYEBROWS!
From Group 17: {hitmonlee} {pidgeot} - Two of the manliest Pokemon to ever exist. I do not need to go further into detail.
From Group 18: {venusaur} {magnemite} - This group was no contest either. Winnersaur is obviously the best Kanto starter and takes the cake, but Magnemite, by virtue of being Magnezone's base (and also kinda cool-looking to boot) shares the prize in my mind.
From Group 19: {weedle} {nidorino} - The cutest Pokemon ever, with the exception of Diglett, plus the pre-evolution of a sexy beast.

Wow, that was easy to vote for.

Also you'll have more details on what and how we can sponsor next round, right? Is there any cost to sponsorship?

Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:50 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Group 16: {dewgong} {electrode}
Group 17: {arbok} {pidgeot}
Group 18: {venusaur} {charmander}
Group 19: {pikachu} {nidorino}

Meh, don't feel like explaining, plus I have a terrible headache today.

Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:29 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

ShinyLucario wrote:
Group 16: {dewgong} {electrode}
Group 17: {arbok} {pidgeot}
Group 18: {venusaur} {charmander}
Group 19: {pikachu} {nidorino}

Meh, don't feel like explaining, plus I have a terrible headache today.

Get away from the computer screen then. For headaches i just lay in bed and sleep, so computers are last on the list. I make tea aswell, the kind that makes you sleepy.

Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:01 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

I do not need psybucks

Dewgong/Electrode
Hitmonlee/Exeggutor
Venusaur/Magnemite
Pikachu/Marowak

Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:21 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Quote:
Also you'll have more details on what and how we can sponsor next round, right? Is there any cost to sponsorship?

Since I've already had an already similar question via PM, I'll just reveal how it works now. 8-)

WHAT WILL HAPPEN NEXT?
After all the "mini groups" have been rated (up to Group 27, we're at 19 now), I'll reveal 10 wildcards (in which I'm changing the breakdown to 7 second chance drawings and 3 randomly generated) which will give us a total of 64 Pokemon, ready to battle it out. I will also be seeding the Top 16 players based on a variety of factors: namely how well they've fared in the prelim rounds, their placings on Psypoke Idol and other factors too. A "seed" just means that they're more likely to win, hence the draw could be a bit more favourable towards them.

The time in between the final 64 (including seeds) are revealed, and when the tournament bracket will be revealed, sponsorship will be available for anyone to play. Sponsorship will be FREE, however if a Pokemon is contested a bidding war may arise. (which is also why I've been giving out Psybucks for the last few rounds).

For example, should you choose to sponsor Bulbasaur, you can do so for free, if no one has already done so. However, if someone else were to also be interested in Bulbasaur, they could "outbid" you, (minimum 5PB increments). At the end of a certain timeframe, whoever is the highest bidder would be sponsoring that Pokemon for the remainder of the tournament. However, because there are 64 Pokemon available, I don't really see sponsoring becoming too expensive, as most Pokemon will have just as good as chance as any at winning.

Restrictions for sponsoring Pokemon include:
> Maximum of three Pokemon can be sponsored.
> Bidding on a Pokemon is capped at 200PB.
> You may only sponsor 1 seeded Pokemon, however you can bid on as many as you like. At the end of the timeframe, only your highest bid on a seeded Pokemon will be accepted.
> Forum staff members may also sponsor Pokemon, however only on Pokemon that are "free," ie, no raising bids on regular member's intended sponsorees. This is just to ensure the current forum "economy" works out.

Expect some additional rules (such as transferring sponsorships, remaining Pokemon without sponsors..etc) to be revealed later.

WHAT ARE THE PERKS?
Well the main idea of the sponsorship program is to get people a bit more involved on a personal level, get a bit of activity and interforum banter happening, perhaps.
Your sponsored Pokemon will also receive 3 votes instead of 1 for everytime you vote for them.
And of course, you can win prizes if your sponsored Pokemon wins!

WINNER - 2000 Psybucks
RUNNER UP - 1000 Psybucks
SEMI FINALISTS - 500 Psybucks
QUARTER FINALISTS - 200 Psybucks

Since you can sponsor up to three Pokemon, there's the potential to win up to 3,500 Psybucks in one tournament, so I'd advise everyone to at least sponsor 1 Pokemon that's "free," even just for fun seeing how things pan out.

Q: Can I reserve a Pokemon?
A: No, and besides with the bidding system on board reserving Pokemon is a bit redundant anyway.

Q: What if I miss out on the sponsorship period? Can I still play?
A: Yes! you can still vote and support your favourites, essentially its still a knockout tournament where Pokemon advance and drop out, the sponsorship section isn't meant to be "in lieu" of the Pokemon involved, so I hope that people will actually continue to vote legitly as they have done in the prelim stages, rather than because they didn't like a particular person. In terms of if you can still sponsor a Pokemon if you miss out on Sponsorship bids... "yes" however I will get to that a bit later (or... much later).

Other questions will be answered as I receive them.

I'll probably reveal batch five (groups 20-23) in about 24 hours.

;)

Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:15 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

{kakuna} it's wearing a tie!! {dewgong}
{hitmonlee} {pidgeot}
{venusaur} {charmander} two aewsome starters both better than Blastoise imo
{marowak} Cubone's evo {weedle}

Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:25 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Batch four recap:

Group 16: {dewgong} and {electrode} both polled extremely well, beating out the classy Kakuna who scored 2 votes, whilst Exeggcute didn't even pick up a single vote.

Group 17: {pidgeot} scored the most votes, proving that early bird starters do have fans, whilst {hitmonlee} slid into second place. Arbok scored two, whilst half Psychic Groudon counter Exeggcutor scored only 1. A tough day for the egg family.

Group 18: Surprisingly, {venusaur} didn't win this group with a whitewash, but he still did it pretty convincingly together with {charmander}, who both lead the pack on 5 votes. Magnemite and Graveler were the unlucky ones to fall in this group.

Group 19: {marowak} sneaked into the top spot, on one vote separating him from the second placed Pikachu and Weedle. Unfortunately despite its cuteness, Weedle will step aside to make room for {pikachu}, who is undoubtedly the most recognisable Pokemon in the world. And Nidorino was also one vote away from being in the super tiebreaker too.

BATCH FIVE:

GROUP 20
ImageImageImageImage
Ivysaur, Primeape, Haunter, Magneton

GROUP 21
ImageImageImageImage
Raticate, Gastly, Diglett, Vileplume

GROUP 22
ImageImageImageImage
Graveler, Nidorina, Rapidash, Voltorb

GROUP 23
ImageImageImageImage
Shellder, Machamp, Nidoqueen, Fearow

Once again a successful batch of ratings will get you 20 Psybucks.

STANDARD COMBAT RULES:
> If the Pokemon with the higher speed stat also has a higher attack stat than the defending Pokemon's defense stat, they will gain a +2 advantage, and vice versa. (Typically, I will figure this out).
> Type advantages will also be +2.
> Arena rules also apply.
> Bonus points also apply.

TOURNAMENT FORMAT
> First round will be with 4 competitors, with only 1 advancing to round 2. (I was considering having a 1v1 tournament at all stages, but this will probably take too long.. what do you guys think?)
> From round 2 onwards, it will be in standard 1v1 elimination format.

So I think all I have left to explain are arena rules and bonus points, which I will explain in my next post.

Voting for this batch will probably close in about 48 hours (trying to speed up this prelim process!)

Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:03 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

[color=cyan]Alright, LETS DO THIS!!!
G20: {haunter} Bad***! Srongest pokemon I had after Blastoise in the first time I played Blue! {ivysaur} 1.) Eets so cute! 2.) It's taking on Misty's team soon!
G21: {gastly} It evolves into Haunter. {diglett} Cuz I can?
G22: {nidorina} Evolves into Nidoqueen. {rapidash} Hold up! No need to get angry (I know. Cheesy. I like cheese)!
G23: {nidoqueen} Strong pokemon! {fearow} Yet another strong pokemon!

Goodbye
"

Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:23 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Group 20: {ivysaur} - One of the better "middle stages" & a cute Grass-type! | {haunter} - Did I mention I like it way over Gengar?
Group 21: {diglett} - Hate, hate, hate it's design but it did wreck Lt. Surge for me. Plus it was the source for some of the greatest Pokemon jokes/mysteries | {vileplume} - Errrr...the rafflesia?
Group 22: {nidorina} - *shrug* Eh, it's okay | {rapidash} - Meh. Not like I have a better choice though, Graveler doesn't score high on my list
Group 23: {nidoqueen} - Decent in terms of both design and movepool | {fearow} - ...A certain LPer used it?

Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:43 am
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

From Group 20: {haunter} {magneton} - Honestly this was a really tough choice. I want to vote for Ivysaur as well, seeing as those 3 are pre-evolutions of some of my faves. However, Venusaur hasn't served me as well as Gengar or Magnezone, thus he is excluded in this group.
From Group 21: {diglett} {vileplume} - Vileplume's served me well in Blue Version and in the TCG (take that, trainer cards). As for Diglett? Come on, man. It's Diglett. The cutest AND coolest Pokemon ever. Aw yeah.
From Group 22: {nidorina} {voltorb} - I like their evolutions. I don't especially like anyone in this group, though.
From Group 23: {shellder} {nidoqueen} - See reasoning on group 22.

Now, who to sponsor. I'm assuming you'll announce the time at which sponsorship begins, right? after all 27 groups have been voted on?

Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:25 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

20. {haunter} {magneton}
21. {gastly} {diglett}
22. {rapidash} {voltorb}
23. {shellder} {machamp}

Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:12 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Group 20: {ivysaur} {haunter}
Group 21: {gastly} {diglett}
Group 22: {rapidash} {voltorb}
Group 22: {machamp} {nidoqueen}

Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:14 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Group 20
{haunter} {primeape}
Group 21
{gastly} {vileplume}
Group 22
{rapidash} {voltorb}
Group 23
{machamp} {nidoqueen}

Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:43 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Some surprising results this batch :o Here's the full recap.

Group 20: {haunter} polled extremely well, continuing the popularity trend with the Ghost line, garnering a vote from every single player. Second to slide through is {ivysaur}, beating out Magneton by 1 vote. Interesting, whilst Mankey qualified in an earlier group, the same couldn't be said for its evolved counterpart Primeape who only scored one vote. :o

Group 21: Cute little {diglett} shows he's bigger than his size, taking out first place in this group, with {gastly} coming in second. Fully evolved Pokemon Vileplume narrowly missed out, whilst Raticate scored 0 votes :o

Group 22: {rapidash} gallops into first place, with {voltorb} coming in second, beating out Nidorina, whilst Graveler languished behind on 0 votes.

Group 23: {nidoqueen} was the clear favourite out of this group, with a convinving first place. And it looked as though he wouldn't make it, but {machamp} finished strongly, narrowly beating both Shellder and Fearow by only 1 vote.

LAST BATCH!!!!

GROUP 24
ImageImageImageImage
Dugtrio, Machop, Bellsprout, Golem

GROUP 25
ImageImageImageImage
Golduck, Victreebel, Tentacool, Drowzee

GROUP 26
ImageImageImageImage
Venomoth, Jigglypuff, Bulbasaur, Farfetch'd

GROUP 27
ImageImageImageImage
Slowpoke, Ekans, Squirtle, Muk

And there we go, 108 Pokemon! Whooo hoo! Finally got there! I didn't know if we would make it, but we did.

As a special thank you for everyone who has patiently voted through the preliminary stages, everyone who votes for this final batch will get a doubled 40 PSYBUCKS!!

Quote:
Now, who to sponsor. I'm assuming you'll announce the time at which sponsorship begins, right? after all 27 groups have been voted on?

What will happen now:
I expect to close this batch off in about 48-72 hours, depending on my general life priorities. In another post after that, I will formally announce the 7 2nd chance contestants, and the 3 wild cards, as well as the top 16 seeds. Sponsorship will open up after they are revealed, and I expect this stage to run for about 5 days. Sponsorship can either be done through this thread (preferred), or via PM, but I would prefer through posting in this thread.

Once sponsorship is completed, I will then reveal the bracket, and then the tournament can officially start! Battles typically run on votes, however there are a few factors which could affect performance. The tournament will run on different ARENAS, which are terrains which could hinder or advantage certain Pokemon (depending on TYPE, MOVESETS, EVOLUTION, WEIGHT, ABILITIES, etc..) just to make battles a bit more interesting. You will also be given the chance to use your Psybucks to buy some anonymous votes! The exact details will be revealed when they become relevant.

Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:39 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

24. {dugtrio} {golem}
25. {golduck} {tentacool}
26. {bulbasaur} {farfetch'd}
27. {slowpoke} {squirtle}

Is this whole 'sponsership' thing why we're getting all these psybucks?

Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:20 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Group 24: {dugtrio} {golem}
Group 25: {victreebel} {tentacool}
Group 26: {bulbasaur} {farfetch'd}
Group 27: {ekans} {muk}

Doesn't have too much to say, so I'll avoid boring you people to death this time. I should be thinking about who to sponsor...Mmm...

Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:26 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Quote:
Is this whole 'sponsership' thing why we're getting all these psybucks?

Partly, yes, but you'll also be able to buy anonymous votes during the knockout phases. For how much, I'll let you know once we start.

Plus I have way too many Psybucks collecting dust at the moment. ;)

Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:46 am
Profile WWW
THE POWER IS ON!

I skipped the last two rounds because I wasn't in the mood to write up my reasons, so I'll just be lazy this time instead of not doing it at all:

24: Dugtrio and Golem
25: Victreebel and Golduck
26: Jigglypuff and Bulbasaur
27: Slowpoke and Muk

Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:30 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 366 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next