It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:27 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Just types in general 
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

OK, so I've been thinking and discussing with my friend on the types and their match-ups, and a question arised and no of us could figure it out. It was: Where does Nintendo get it's ideas for type math-ups? Do they just think of something and put it down?
Also, you can say any ideas for a new type (Good luck. The only one I can think of is wood).

Goodbye
"

Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:51 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

hmmm......

I have know idea on how nintendo does it but I just hope they don't mess it up. :(

on new types I think glass/crystal, plastic, plasma (that one is kinda iffy. rotom, team plasma ...........) and radiation ( that is like radio active)

3DS FC: 0104-0278-1948

deviantART wrote:
Vectors-R-US:
They do it to trigger fan-fictions. Fur da lulz. Cuz you know how those fan stories can get... *shudders*

VladimirMacHolzraum:
So the writers put things in the show just so they can read our screwed-up fanfics? That explains everything

Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:49 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

One thing I don't get. HOW DOES A FRIGGING BUG BEAT A PSYCHIC!?! I'm sure that Game Freak felt bad about bug types, but seiously? How?

Goodbye
"

Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:47 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Sam, I think Bug > Psychic because, like ghosts and darkness, they're associated with a fear, and psychic stuff has to do with the mind, which is rattled (Ability reference?) by fear.

For new types, I'd have to say Light, Alien, and Sonic.

Light could be Pokemon that are kind and nice, and perhaps have to do with light, like Chansey or Togekiss, and perhaps Suicune. Light moves would be mainly healing moves. It'd be the polar opposite of Dark.

Alien Pokemon are exactly what they sound like; aliens. Pokemon that could fit in it could be Elgyem, Beheeyem, Clefairy, and Unown. Its moves could be stuff relating to space, like Meteor Mash and Cosmic Power.

Sonic Pokemon arefast, blue hedgehogs Pokemon who have to do with sound, like Chatot or Whismur. The moves could be everything prevented by Soundproof.

I've got an idea for a Pokemon hack, it's all fleshed out, but I can't put it into game format. Any kind hack makers want to help?

Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:28 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Oh now I get it. Nice reference to Sonic by the way. And since you gave such a great description, here are mine:
Wood- Pokemon like Sudowoodo, Celebi(?), Farfetch'd, and Sawsbuck. It would be weak to fire (burns wood), rock (breaks wood), bug (termites), flying (since wind can uproot trees), fighting (breaks wood), and strong against water (2/3 case, as in wood floats and water makes it grow, so that would be a resistance, but water can also rot wood), ice (cracks ice), and resistances are water and electricity (wood is a poor conductor).
Concrete- I dont know any pokemon that could be this type, Conkeldurr(?). Weak against fire (it can crack under intense heat), fighting (can break it), and strong against water (cuz it is resistant towards water), grass (grass can't grow through concrete), and resistance to poison and water.

Goodbye
"

Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:28 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Pokemon doesn't need any new types. Wood is redundant because we have grass. Concrete is close enough to rock. Psychic is basically our light type.

Sapphire: Blaziken Sololocke (heading for Wattson)
Platinum: Regular (preparing for Candice, grinding up my new Glaceon)
Soulsilver: Regular (exploring Kanto and fighting random trainers to gain some levels to then fly around and take on all the gyms super quickly)
White: Regular (post-game crap, not doing much currently, because most of the post game content is battles that I'm not ready for and stuff that requires HMs I don't want to use)

Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:18 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Thanks for trying to kill my thread. I appreciate it. Wood is not close to grass although I do realize concrete being close to stone. But, obviously, you can't read. Forgingiron clearly stated that light can defeat dark and ghosts, a feat psychic cannot do. Next time you post, make sure contribute, not kill. If you don't think that there shouldn't be any new types, I don't want to know that. It isn't like I said post a new type OR DIE!!! So, next time you decide to start trolling, please, don't.

Goodbye
"

Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:12 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I think the types are perfect just the way they are. Pokemon includes all the elements of nature (even Dark and Psychic, which is good). I agree there should be a light type, though, because there doesn't seem to be an opposite for dark or psychic. Although, if we did try to add another type to the current system, there would be complications. I doubt those complications will be pretty, too, especially when there are pokemon such as Scraggy and Nidoking and Yanma, that have opposite types. So, all considered, I'd keep it the same.

sad but rad

Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:13 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]