It is currently Tue Apr 02, 2024 3:50 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 shiny pokemon breeding 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

does the chance of hatching a shiny pokemon increase if one of the parents are a shiny themselves? {chansey}

the reason i wish to know this is earlier on in my game i had a stroke of good luck and found a shiny pokemon. a shiny chansey. and it didnt run away. i was overcome with joy.
then later on when it was evolving i was unsure whether or not to press B. at the time i didnt know if it would stay shiny :lol: but i waited too long and it evolved and i thought what the heck why not BUT NOW I KNOW THE ERROR OF MY WAYS and i mourn the passing of my shiny chansey and i am desperately grasping at straws to try and get another one :( thats pretty much it :P please help! > .<

Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:58 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Only in Generation 2 does breeding a shiny Pokémon have any affect on whether or not its kids will be shiny themselves. In Gold, Silver and Crystal, shininess is determined by the Pokémon's IVs, and those are passed down to an opposite-gendered offspring when breeding, effectively giving you a 1/64 chance of getting a shiny Pokémon if it's the opposite gender of the shiny parent. With some patience you could use the Gyarados the game gives you and chain your way into any egg group you wanted... Too bad Gen 2 isn't relevant anymore.

But anyway. Your shiny Chansey evolved into a regular Blissey? That shouldn't be possible, ever.

Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:10 pm
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

you missunderstand me, it didnt evolve into a nonshiny, i was just ticked that it was so similar to a normal blissey. its still a shiny.

Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:22 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

That deosn't work, believe me. I tried to breed my 2 shiny Crobats (Male + Female, of course) But it did only normal zubats...

Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:23 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Skeleton wrote:
Only in Generation 2 does breeding a shiny Pokémon have any affect on whether or not its kids will be shiny themselves. In Gold, Silver and Crystal, shininess is determined by the Pokémon's IVs, and those are passed down to an opposite-gendered offspring when breeding, effectively giving you a 1/64 chance of getting a shiny Pokémon if it's the opposite gender of the shiny parent.

Your arguement is now considered invalid.

Goodbye
"

Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:49 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]