It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:37 pm

Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Roleplay Ideas Thread 
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Edit: Basically, this is a thread to get discussion going on ideas you might have for a roleplay, but would like to ask fellow roleplayers for their input to create the best roleplay you would like to achieve.

---

How about a discussion on what we would ALL like to be apart of? Give me your ideas on a roleplay and we'll collaborate on a roleplay that has ALL of our unique interests, plotwise, story design, and character-based.

Here are my ideas, depending on the replies, may be taken out of account.

Pokemon, instead of using their own moves and such, use weapons (given that they have a hands/paws to hold them) and use magic instead (given they they're the correct role). Kinda like Final Fantasy, have pokemon being the solely the Warror, Black Mage, White Mage, etc etc. The plot might be like, there's a villian who burnt down our home village for a purpose, whose end goal is to cause chaos and rule the world. The pokemon who survived are the chosen ones who must seek the aid of other pokemon (sages/elders (wise and evolved pokemon)) and the like to gain the pokemon to restore, rid, and save the world. This world could be modern as well, the pokemon basically replacing humans as if the concept never existed. Fiends/monsters/mobs are replaced by evolved pokemon who can use their moves instead of our limitations to weaponry/armour/magic.

There's that idea that popped into my head. Or it could be medieval FF based with humans whom assume their roles, who also command pokemon, but are limited to two (not including Summons that could be evolved pokemon) because pokeballs don't exist.

A lot of you like the "evil teams" and being apart of one as well. So if you have any ideas or the like type and post them down. Everyone is welcome to help.

Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:09 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

I'm a mod who can get away with double posting from time to time...

Running off of my last ideas with the pokemon taking the human role and Final Fantasy job roles, some aspects of Chrono Trigger I've thought about using plot wise. And no, you don't have to know or have played either games. Basically, you play as two characters who are more or less fighting the same villian in two different eras. The medieval times, where swords and magic are the characters main traits, and then we have the distance future, where after the chaos takes over, the world's environment has died yet technology is advanced, your second character, similiarly taking a job role, has an arsenal such as ray guns, gunblades, machine guns, though their magic capabilities might be more weakened than those from the past. Anyway, the plot goes; because the villian changed history in such a way using a forbidden power, Time Gates appear and allow the heroes (chosen ones) of the past and future to unite and combine forces to save and change history, going back and forth to the prehistoric era, between past and their future, and witness and change events where the world was brought to chaos, etc etc etc.

Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:49 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

So is this going to be just a pokemon orientated one? I might join as long as I can call dibs on Samurott, or Oshawott. Or even Dewott.
Also... Yay! Crunchy's back! Where did you go, anyways?

Goodbye
"

Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:30 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

The point here is to colab ideas together, dude. Got idea plot or story ideas? It doesn't have to be about pokemon, but if we're joining ideas together some aspect is probably to involve pokemon. The previous isn't set in stone.

I was sick for awhile, along with job seeking and a course I got involved with. Whenever I had time to write something, I'd get distracted with problems. And now I've got some time to at least juggle a hobby and do everything else, so I'm back.

Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:56 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Well, I'm glad your back. Maybe if Drago_girl ever comes back online, she might come on more often now that her favorite mod is back. Anyways, I'll think of something... What rating are we aiming for with this?

Goodbye
"

Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:31 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Depends. Just think about it, and actually do post when you think of something.

Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:34 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Yay! Crunchy!
I'm thinking it should be set (timewise) in like alternate reality. Also, to throw a wrench in the plan, time paradox. Like, have it set in the past, but with future tech, like plasma swords, hoverboards, and LAZA PISTOLS!!!!
Pew pew pew!!!

Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:18 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I second this idea. Seems to be a very good idea to add. Now lets see, what was I going to put...
Ok so since there was little progress since you posted the main story, idea, plot, whatever, you get the point, I'll like to add a modifier to the plot. And no, not 'modifier' as in the grammer term, but... Yeah.
Building off the two pokemon thing, how about this: We can use one pokemon as a pokemon for the past and one for the future. And the 'past' pokemon is from Gens 1 and 2, while the 'future' pokemon are Gens 4 and 5, with 3rd gen pokemon qualifying as both past and future pokemon. Did I do good?

Also, the human characters can have weapons with them, but theyre like stuff you'd find in the past, so theyre practically useless in the future. You know, stuff like swords, axes, staffs, yeah.
BUT!
They do have a 'futuristic' touch them.

Goodbye
"

Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:14 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

I was first inspired with these ideas when I saw an image of Snivy and Emboar. They were Link and Ganon respectfully from the Legend of Zelda, the Snivy wearing Link’s green cap and holding the Master Sword and Emboar resembling the dark villain.

I actually like that idea Samurott, although the characters won't notice it themselves it makes a good atmosphere to the changes and current species of different pokemon to each individual era. Neither of you have really given me the go ahead of the characters being solely pokemon or not, however, we will be playing as different characters from different periods of time who will eventually met and team up, travelling through time.

Adding to it, I'll give you a brief on the eras the heroes may or may not be visiting at some point.

Time periods (and just for the simple fact of being unoriginal and being a fan of a certain game):
The Beginning ??? BK
Prehistoric Era 65,000,000 BK
The Dark Ages 12,000 BK
The Discovery 1AK
Middle Ages 600 AK
The Present 1000 AK
Apocalypse 1999 AK
The Future 2300 AK
The Advanced Civilisation 3000 AK

BK and AK mean Before King and After King, the alt. of the world and story instead our world's Jesus Christ. This “King” will be the only human in the world henceforth
he is the world’s “Master” and perhaps savoir.

Prehistoric Era will obviously have living fossil pokemon. Keep in mind even though most eras will be based with certain gen pokemon, pokedex entries will apply such as the pokemon Mamoswine only appearing in an Ice Age period, being true to each species.
The Dark Ages, subject to change, is the era where magic triumphed and those without and incapable of using magic were shunned. Stuff like floating islands and teleportation devices exist in this world. Something happens in this era that locks the Pokemon abilities to use this power and is labelled forbidden, eventually forgotten.
Middle ages with knights, the bloody war, the plague and stuff. 1st Gen pokemon and 2nd Gen.
The Present, where the story will begin. Perhaps starting with an event that groups the characters together, like the celebration of the birth of the King 1000 years ago. First Gen, Second Gen and Third Gen pokemon will be present.
The Apocalypse, an event that almost destroyed the world. This event killing almost all life and making environments polluted and non-liveable for most species of pokemon.
The future, where the future isn't as bright as everyone hoped. This will feature lack of First and Second Gen pokemon, for surviving Third Gen and Fourth Gen. The outside environment will consist of deserts, ruins and maelstroms. The only liveable places are domes which a number of pokemon have survived inside. Robots exist in this era. This part may be expanded on.
And the Advanced Civilisation. Featuring Fourth as well as Fifth Gen pokemon. Giant and large cities have been built expanding the limited domes, most pokemon are augmented (mechanical arms, or legs, parts in their brain or body to enhance strength, vision or mental capabilities and some even fully cyborgs. AI is a new life form.

As for characters, I’m not sure if, say, you wanted to have a pokemon character to play as but be limited to 4th and 5th gen is that great of an idea. Instead, to make the player feel more unique in that world and era, let them have any sort of pokemon they’d like to play as, as long as it meets the era’s story and guidelines.

Pokemon characters, again, are taking humanoid roles. Instead of pokemon attacks, they wield human weapons. Think of Pikachu and Jigglypuff using Super Smash Bros. items in the series. As the pokemon characters ARE playing humanoid roles, this limits us to pre-evolved pokemon, NOT fully evolved. Some evolved pokemon are fine, but large pokemon, winged, dragon, heavy, and shapeless aren’t to be picked. Think of pokemon that can walk upright. A character’s family, however, can be evolved or pre-evolved. These peaceful pokemon live in houses, apartments and the like and live together ruled by a King. I haven’t decided whether there will just be one main city or many including towns and villages.

I’m still thinking about having each character take a certain role and job, making them unique to the cast and suited in their era. You guys mentioned that a future items would be stronger and than previous eras, but everyone’s strengths will be equal. Weapons and armour will and can be upgraded while visiting each era.

Again, instead of outright pokemon attacks, they’ll be capable of Final Fantasy magic. Fire, Blizzard, Thunder, Cure, etc. When they get access to it, perhaps the type of pokemon they are will be decide on what they’re able to do, as well as the role and job, such as a thief, knight, ninja or medic, and for the era that knows what magic is already; mages, summoners, sages and the like.

The enemies that we fight are pokemon as well, but not peaceful pokemon like us, but are more those who live outside towns and city limits who attack without warning and sometimes incapable of speech with other pokemon. In future eras along with these vicious pokemon are killer robots and the like. The past eras, being of two differing countries/lands fight a historic war and will be up to us to choose a side. Anyway, they’ll be plenty. And I’ve already thought of some unique villains, some being legendaries themselves.

I’ve got some homework to do, but I’ll come back later. Ideas and feedback are appreciated.

Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:40 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Homework? On spring break? The only thing I'm doing is making DVD menus.
Anyways...
So no humans? Hmm... I guess if were going to play it like that, I call dibs on Squirtle or Riolu.

Goodbye
"

Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:13 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Crunchy wrote:
Time Gates appear and allow the heroes (chosen ones) of the past and future to unite and combine forces to save and change history, going back and forth to the prehistoric era, between past and their future, and witness and change events where the world was brought to chaos, etc etc etc.

I totally see an opening for Arceus and Genesect (the unmodified version) haha.

I'm in this for sure; the concept of two time periods meeting is awesome. For the medieval period I'd see more Dark, Ghost, and Psychic types around, then dwindle them out as the magic grows weaker in time. Obviously Steel types would be more predominant in the future years. Poison and Ghost types would be more abundant after the fall out years. Also the majority of the forest based Pokemon would be wiped out once the world is mostly industrial. But these are just my ideas.

On what the characters should be, I think it should just be Pokemon. Keeps it simple with species and gives enough variety to make a difference between time periods. In a way this reminds me of the Mystery Dungeons. Also, I think that fully evolved humanoid Pokemon should be available at some point. A Gallade, Gardevoir, or Jynx would be perfect for Medieval times.

EDIT: @Samurott: Electabuzz isn't a fully evolved Pokemon -_- So it's up for grabs I would assume.

Last edited by redt on Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:14 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Dont forget Scrafty and Electabuzz.
Building off this, you (Crunchy) said that there is only one human. So what about humanoid figures that arent pokemon? Cuz I still want to be able beat the crap out of evil people in the RP with an actual weapon weilded by a non-pokemon figure.

Goodbye
"

Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:18 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

redt wrote:
I totally see an opening for Arceus and Genesect (the unmodified version) haha.

Like I said, I have a few legendaries in mind. Most of them will probably be villians though. Since I hinted at what timelines we'll probably be visiting, Arceus will most probably make an appearance, even though I hate the fact gamefreak created such a pokemon to begin with lol.

Quote:
I'm in this for sure; the concept of two time periods meeting is awesome. For the medieval period I'd see more Dark, Ghost, and Psychic types around, then dwindle them out as the magic grows weaker in time. Obviously Steel types would be more predominant in the future years. Poison and Ghost types would be more abundant after the fall out years. Also the majority of the forest based Pokemon would be wiped out once the world is mostly industrial. But these are just my ideas.

Glad to see one of my favourite roleplayers aboard. I'm thinking the Middle Ages theme will only have subtle magic casters (keeping in mind monsters other than us are able to use magic when we still have to learn or unlock it). The Dark Ages (or Antiquity) will have a civilisation where pokemon rely on magic as a culture until events lead to its demise. I've thought of the types of pokemon we'll see as well, and you've pretty much hit the nail on the head. Some Steel types are exceptable in the past though, like Steelix living in mines/crystal caves, and Scizor living in the foilage in maybe a more current present era. It's just common sense really.

Quote:
On what the characters should be, I think it should just be Pokemon. Keeps it simple with species and gives enough variety to make a difference between time periods. In a way this reminds me of the Mystery Dungeons. Also, I think that fully evolved humanoid Pokemon should be available at some point. A Gallade, Gardevoir, or Jynx would be perfect for Medieval times.

I didn't really realise it at first, but yeah, it sorta does remind you of PMD, doesn't it? Haha. I was also thinking today, and yeah, fully evolved pokemon, as long as you're humanoid and not massive are fine. I was actually thinking of making Gardevoir a Dark Ages character. Gallade would be perfect as a Knight. I wanted to play as a Wartortle and turn him into a Knight for the Middle Ages.

Anyway, yeah, apart from the human King which will be explained in the story, there are not going to be any other humans playable this time through. Our pokemon characters will be fighting heaps more than other pokemon characters, I assure you. Pokemon killing other pokemon will be subtle though. There won't be much blood and gore, and by the time our story witnesses a war in the Middle Ages, we'll probably have access to magic anyway. And most of the time the actions the players have, fainting the enemy or knocking them out will be efficent enough.

I spoke of magic the other day; but for this forum and people who don't what abilities are what from Chrono Trigger or Final Fantasy is forcing a game
concept when they want to be a pokemon down their throats. Instead, I'm thinking a limited list of created magic/abilities from attacks/special attacks from pokemon, and combining it into your role/job/weapon of choice. My Future character is going to be Zoroark, he's half cyborg and he's a ninja with a cannon for an arm. The pokemon move Dark Pulse + his second weapon the arm cannon = Dark Pulse Cannon. Snivy was going to be a Present character, and a Thief. I think I might base his moves from FF9 and Zidane's Dyne Trance techniques, as well as his Grass Type special attacks for his magic. I also had a concept where (because I'm thinking evolved pokemon are the adults in this story, where teens/kids are the pre-evolved, and that they'll be no sort of pokemon evolution happening before our eyes), some of his ultimate special attacks are named after or resemble Serperior, or the name of his techniques have snake-qualities like Serpent Storm! or Imperior Blitz! For example, Serperior Beam! combining obviously with Solar Beam, could look like a giant Solar Beam in the form of that pokemon. Pokemon abilities could also be combined, like Zoroark's ability to disguise himself could act as one big hack and slash attack with a finisher. Snivy's Overgrowth ability could almost be combined into an attack if conditions are met.

Anyway, be creative. I think we'll only have five special attacks (magic/trances/limit breaks) for each character. I'll make a couple of profiles tomorrow after course and give you guys some examples. Keep in mind that these powerful techniques will have limitations and won't be able to be used repeatedly. I could implement that only certains special attacks can only be used as a last desperate resort or when the pokemon's reached an emotional threshold, while weaker magic or specials can be casted straight away with a max PP/MP (power points/magic points).

Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:28 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I'll probably pick Lucario and Flygon.
Lucario would have a bit of robotic parts integrated in, to help use the Aura, as (s)he was born with difficulties as far as Aura usage.
Flygon would have, like, a bladed tail and those little things at the end of the tail would be either shuriken or spikes, I havent decided yet. His wings will also have a blade integrated in.
For my "starting off" character, I'm thinking either Charmander or Charmeleon.

How 'bout that, Crunchy? Did I do good?
PS: No humanoid characters that arent pokemon, then?

Goodbye
"

Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:29 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Just saying that Gallade is one of my picks haha. His looks will be pretty much what Crunchy said, i.e. the Knight but also with minor magic abilities. Majority of the magic would effect his bladed arms and shields (I imagine him with 2 shields since he has swords on his arms). A good knight technique I think he'd have would be Double Team since it has the highest offense and defense in the real world. A good high powered attack would be Close Combat but modified to Berserk Mode (he'd drop both his shields and lose some armor while fighting, indicating lower Defense and increase in offense and speed). The basic magic would be his blades. Since Gallade naturally learns Psycho Cut, Leaf Blade, Night Slash, and Fury Cutter; a move called Mirror Slash would be cool. The type of attack he uses would be based on his surroundings (Leaf for grassy areas, Fury for forest areas, Night for dark areas including nighttime, and Psycho is his basic normal use),

As for the modified Pokemon pick I'd have to say Leavanny. Her class would be along the lines of a Medic. She would have a medium size steel circle in her chest that can fire blasts of air (Air Cannon). She would also have small slots under her wrists that could shoot razor sharp leaves (using this and then a more powerful version with the air cannon to creat Razor Leaf and Leaf Storm). Leavanny would also be able to heal others with scanners inplimented into her hands and diagnose them easily. She would be able to use a very small amount of magic to make casts that can heal almost anything from her mouth and weave them (String Shot improved with her nature of caring).

That's kinda what I was thinking for characters for me.

Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:11 am
Profile WWW
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Sorry for the late reply. It's been heaps busy. Red, now that I think about it, your Gallade's more as a Warrior than a Knight. A lot of what you described was offensed based, and I think Warrior's the better pick. I was thinking, for Wartortle, his shell-buffs in order to be both offense and defense with his sword and shield. Gallade doesn't really have a choice since his arms are his weapons, shields would kinda get in the way of his swing, wouldn't it? I don't know...

And Samurott, Lucario and Charmeleon are fine, but Flygon is not I'm afraid. These pokemon are playing as humans. So, it wouldn't make sense if one could fly, plus all characters are going to be equally as strong in their own ways. It would be overpowered, especially a dragon/cyborg.

Here's some more rants from yesterday;

Quote:
Job, Magic & Specials
Job: Some jobs can be found here http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Final_Fantasy_III keep in mind that magic oriented jobs can only be chosen by enemies of the King of the Middle Ages and those from the Dark Ages. Everyone will have access to some White Mage and Black Mage powers, but it is still a job, that character will just be able to access more magic. I’m still deciding; if you wanted to, your character can choose to discard a job or just later learn a second, wielding both in the future if there is a means. If you wanted to be magic oriented but have the character’s home in the Present, either you’re against the King or you’re a Freelancer who will have to learn to become that job later on. Onion Knight is not a choice.

If you have other ideas for a job from another game or anime, please PM and we can discuss it. I’ve added my own such as Gunner and Alchemist.

Keep in mind that augmented pokemon or full on cyborgs from the Future cannot use magic or learn it. This may however be subject to change.

You can name your job as something similar as well, such as Bard is basically a singer and conjurer, so you could just call it Singer or Performer if you wish, just bracket what it actually is. You wouldn’t see a Viking in the future, either, but as you can see with its skill Provoke, you can easily rename the job. Something to think about when creating Future characters.

Jobs may effect the clothing/garments your character chooses to wear as well.

Weapon: Remember, this also depends on what job you do as well. Take note of the examples of your job if you scroll down the page. A Mage wouldn’t carry a sword, they’d be ideal with a staff if anything else. Of course, weapons and armour will be picked up along the way as the roleplay journeys through time. It’s wise when creating a Present character that he or she may not have any weapons or shields at all to start with, but choose a handheld weapon and the name of the weapon can be added in later. If you were to be a Warrior and you wanted to eventually use a sword, write Sword. Special weapons that have effects or are deemed more powerful than others can be picked up, crafted, and found later.

Skill: So you’ve picked a job or future job, in the link provided, click the job’s hyperlink and scroll a little down to see the subheading, Special Skill. That is your skill your job automatically has. This skill can be combined with a number of moves and abilities. Skills are basically what your job specialises in, and makes the abilities of your character unique and stand out in the party. If you’re unsure or there are a number of skills you’re not sure what to choose from, especially if making up your own job (doubly when it comes to Future characters and nurfing them down to be as equally strong as Past characters), I don’t mind discussing it with you.

Special attacks: In this world, special attacks from the pokemon series ARE magic, as long as that pokemon and it’s evolved form can learn it, or just that the move is the same type as the pokemon, anything goes. No physical attacks, as weapons will be the primary source of attacking and defending yourself. Augmented pokemon as well as jobs that cannot use magic are still capable of these. Four are acceptable.

Ultimate attacks: A group of specially based attacks that could be the combination of your job role, your weapon, a reference to the evolved pokemon you would become, and your special attacks or magic. Name this group of attacks something that appeals to you or your character like Dyne Attacks, or Chaos Strikes, Last Resorts, Limit Breaks, Desperate Shots, or name them as if your character we calling them out before powering up and unleashing one of the moves. You can have up to three of these. We’ll see about making more later in the roleplay.

Keep in mind that these powerful techniques will have limitations and won't be able to be used repeatedly. I could implement that only certain special attacks can only be used as a last desperate resort or when the pokemon's reached an emotional threshold, while weaker magic or specials can be cast straight away with a max PP/MP (power points/magic points).

Think about the normal power of a magic blast or the swipe of your characters blade and the damage points that pokemon would receive. A strike that doesn’t miss would be 100%. The first attack you’re creating is 150% to a regular attack instead of the 100%, 50% percent more powerful. Your second would be a stronger attack that matches to 200%, and the third being 250%. Think, and make sure each attack is getting stronger. There are no instant death moves allowed. If you’re afraid of being too overpowered or if I notice that you are, I’ll let you know. More stronger attacks won’t or can’t be repeated as much as the 150% ones, so I’m thinking that maybe it’d be alright if you created more of the lessor powered ones.

Quote:
Name: Joshua Snivy
Era: Present
Species: Snivy

Appearance:
Body type: Small, short, flexible
Hair and eye colours: A fringe of dirty blonde hair always sticking out of a cap, golden eyes
Other physical features: Nothing else out of the ordinary
Clothing style: Wears a Leather Cap and brown Thief Gloves, blue cloth protruding up from the insides. Another piece of clothing is a red bandana worn tied around his neck, acting as a jabot piece down his chest, has a belt with dagger sheaths at his waist

Personality:
General demeanour: Being a loner ever since he can remember, Joshua is never one to take anyone or anything seriously unless the moment calls for it. Often appearing smug and only looking out for number one, he betrays this personality time to time to aid the innocent and give help to his select group of friends. He’d rather avoid a fight unless he’s emotionally involved, which he’ll take matters into his own hands. He’ll often watch from the sidelines and bicker to himself
How he/she sees himself: An outsider who’s superior to everyone else
Best qualities: Being dependable when the time calls for it
Worst qualities: Often rude and sometimes a bit harsh

Background:
Parents: None
Siblings: None, although younger kids look up to him as a brother
Hometown: Midnight, the town that never sleeps. Since Meteor blocks the light of day on the Dark Continent, there is no day in the town, only night. Dark Continent is home to those who disobeyed the human King four hundred years ago, their descendants living in peace today, however doomed to live in the darkness. They worship a pokemon who opposed the King, Darkrai, who was defeated 400 years passed in the Middle Ages
Childhood history: Being adopted as far as he can remember by a group of Thieves, Joshua’s beginning unconfident and unsure of himself persona was replaced by an overconfident brat who belittled even his friends. This demeanour changed drastically because his speed allowed him to excel at the skill, especially pick pocketing. He was ditched after his attitude got the group into trouble and Joshua parted ways, ideally finding a way across into the Light Continent to loot whatever he can.
Recent history: Having journeyed to Light Continent as a stowaway, he traverses a forest, hearing rumours of a certain celebration being held in Clock Town.
Plans for the future: As a Thief, Joshua cannot stay put in the same place for very long. So, ideally, he plans to keep moving and steal whatever gil he can get his hands on.

Job, Magic & Specials
Job: Thief
Weapon: Two daggers, preferably Mage Mashers when he can afford to get them Synthesized, Thief Swords are also a choice. Joshua sometimes wears a shield on his back
Skill: Steal, Flee
Special attacks: Magical Leaf, Leaf Storm, SolarBeam, Giga Drain, Energy Ball, Hyperbeam, Twister

Ultimate attacks: Leaf Dyne
Conditions: When emotions are peaked to a certain threshold, such as anger or hate. Can only cast three moves altogether.
Description: Basically referenced after a Final Fantasy character, Zidane from Final Fantasy IX. Dyne is translated from “Underhanded Tricks”.
Appearance changes: Joshua glows hot pink with pure energy flowing around him. The hat flies off his head, his fringe sticking upward in a dozen spikes.
Level 150%
Overgrowth Energy
Description: Deprived from “Free Energy” and a Snivy’s ability, Joshua unleashes a volley of up to five blasts of pure energy onto a single enemy, each with a Japanese character counting down.
Level 150%
Soul Blade Frenzy
Description: "Frenzy Plant" and Zidane's Skill "Soul Blade". In a blade frenzy striking for multiple hits, dependant on what current blade Joshua is using, each little cut he gives his enemies can inflict them with a status condition.
Level 200%
Superior Flame
Description: Deprived from “Tidal Flame” and apart of Snivy’s evolved form’s name, creates a wall of fire that eventually crosses paths with an enemy and those standing beside them.
Level 250%
Solar Sacrifice
Description: "SolarBeam" and Zidane's Skill "Sacrifice". Unleashes so much energy it explodes furiously, taking out everything with him, leaving Joshua faint and depleted. Allies in the area are healed by this energy.
Level 250%
Storm Lethal
Description: Deprived from “Grand Lethal” and one of the best Grass type attacks, Leaf Storm, several beams of energy lance out of the Snivy’s body, striking all enemies.

Quirks:
Favourite food: Apples
Favourite pokemon: Butterfree
Pet peeve(s): Adults
Least favourite season: Autumn
Worst memory: Being abandoned by his friends

Ehh, something like this maybe.

Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:21 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Would Armaldo do? I know its a bug, but it is humanoid like.
Also, only one pokemon?

Goodbye
"

Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:42 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

I think two will do for you anyway. I don't think you're grasping this humanoid concept, but Armaldo was closer than Flygon. Even if we dressed him up in armour he looks too much like a giant bug. I'll give you ideas; Pikachu, Raichu, Wigglytuff, Poliwhirl, Poliwrath, Jynx, Electabuzz, Scyther, Machop, Machoke, Machamp, Hitmonlee, Hitmonchan, Meowth, Psyduck, Golduck, Lickitung, Chansey, Magma, Quilava, Croconaw, Furret, Flaaffy, Ampharos, Marill, Azumarill, Aipom, Snubbull, Sneasel, Teddiursa, Smeargle, Hitmontop, Miltalk, Treecko, Combusken, Marshtomp, Breloom, Vigoroth, Sableye, Mawile, Medicham, Roselia, Grumpig, Zangoose, Chimchar, Monferno, Bibarel, Roserade, Buizel, Ambipom, Buneary, Lopunny, Riolu, Lucario, Munchlax, Weavile, Lickilicky, Pignite, Oshawott, Dewott, The Pans and Simis, etc.

And I think I did say so before that we were having more than one character, but it's really up to the roleplayer.

Quote:
Pokemon characters, again, are taking humanoid roles. Instead of pokemon attacks, they wield human weapons. Think of Pikachu and Jigglypuff using Super Smash Bros. items in the series. As the pokemon characters ARE playing humanoid roles, this limits us to pre-evolved pokemon, NOT fully evolved. Some evolved pokemon are fine, but large pokemon, winged, dragon, heavy, and shapeless aren’t to be picked. Think of pokemon that can walk upright. A character’s family, however, can be evolved or pre-evolved. These peaceful pokemon live in houses, apartments and the like and live together ruled by a King.

Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:23 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Ok. How about dis?
I start with Charmander, and later I "find" the Lucario (or Riolu)? Could I do that?

Goodbye
"

Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:57 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

yah dude, that's generally what will happen when we travel through time.

Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:04 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Alright! Now that I got all the guidelines and frames down, LET'S DO THIS!!!
PS: Do you know when will it start?

Goodbye
"

Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:02 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I'm on board 100%! I love the concept and all the ideas you guys have shared so far. :D

EDIT:I looked through the job titles and I like the "Geomancer" one. I was thinking along the lines of a weather-orientated Pokemon for this but I still can't think of a suitable Pokemon. I could have chosen Rayquaza or Landorus but they are both legendaries. :/ This is my first roleplay on Psypoke so if I get anything wrong could you please correct me. Thanks. :P
P.S: I have a concept for my character. Pokemon: Sneasel/Weavile Job: Ninja. I also have a few weapon ideas and a back story in mind too. Or I could go with a Geomancer Larvitar? For Larvitar, maybe it's moves could change depending on the Season?

"You said you have a dream... That dream... Make it come true." -N

Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:16 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

OshawottFTW wrote:
I'm on board 100%! I love the concept and all the ideas you guys have shared so far. :D

EDIT:I looked through the job titles and I like the "Geomancer" one. I was thinking along the lines of a weather-orientated Pokemon for this but I still can't think of a suitable Pokemon. I could have chosen Rayquaza or Landorus but they are both legendaries. :/ This is my first roleplay on Psypoke so if I get anything wrong could you please correct me. Thanks. :P
P.S: I have a concept for my character. Pokemon: Sneasel/Weavile Job: Ninja. I also have a few weapon ideas and a back story in mind too. Or I could go with a Geomancer Larvitar? For Larvitar, maybe it's moves could change depending on the Season?

Woop. Yep, this all sounds fine. The only legendaries we'll see are the plot related ones and villians. For characters, for starters, we'll create a "Present" character first, and then work on bringing the past and future characters in when we travel through time, so don't worry too much about creating the specifics of your Geomancey just yet. And I'm thinking he/she, especially because the job's magic-oriented, that he'd belong in the Dark Ages along with my Mage.

As soon as I finish my course work tomorrow I'll have a lot more time on my hands to finish my profile and make the roleplay. Hopefully Red's still in as well. Writing down the settings too will help you guys create your backstories and history, so there isn't much else that'll help you complete any profiles at the moment, but for now just think of your Present characters job roles and moves, and whatever else you can.

Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:30 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Crunchy wrote:
Writing down the settings too will help you guys create your backstories and history, so there isn't much else that'll help you complete any profiles at the moment, but for now just think of your Present characters job roles and moves, and whatever else you can.

Already ahead of you! I was so enthusiastic I created the name, age, backstory and more. ^-^ So do we get different characters for different eras? I can't wait to get started. :P

EDIT: I'm not sure if I can use Sneavil for present. When was the last time you saw a ninja walking 'round the street in 2012? For moves I found this link on Wikipedia. (Good ol' Wiki): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ninja#Legendary_abilities

"You said you have a dream... That dream... Make it come true." -N

Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:47 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I'll see your logic, and raise you an explanation (sorta).
When was the last time you saw a fighting bipedal weasel cyborg around?

Goodbye
"

Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:42 am
Reply to topic   [ 59 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next