It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:07 pm

Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Lucid Dreaming 
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I can lucid dream but I've never heard of sleep paralysis, should I be concerned O.o and how do you sleep with your eyes open? *headexplodes*

Fire Water Earth Wind

Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:02 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I already said how to and I'm not repeating myself. Anyways, I had a great dream that went lucid and backfired on me. I was going to post it at 3am when I woke from it but I went to play ff1 on my phone instead. All I can remember is being soo afraid that I played ff1. It had a demon in it. Something that is a recurring motif in my dreams and nightlife. I should make my house go through an excorism. I am aetheist, but I do believe in demonic entities.

Goodbye
"

Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:26 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Samurott wrote:
So you can sleep with your eyes open too, huh?
And I thought I was the only one on this site who can. Or can you only do it for napping?

"Can" makes it sound like I do it voluntarily. It happens during the day only. Whether I intend to sleep or not, there are a lot of times when I do, and my eyes are open. My ex-gf recorded me doing this one time, and I thought it was creepy as ****. I'd rather not for several reasons. I usually have a short dream, and then I realize I'm not awake, but don't realize I'm sleeping, and then struggle to move but can't.

Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:14 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

My method of it is just a self induced trance right before falling asleep. Apparently, I scared the **** out of my friends one night. I did this, and they started ****ing with me while I was asleep. And they started getting into thinking, 'Oh, he wont wake up.'
Then, BAM! I hit REM. My eyes flew wide open and they freaked out! Theyre screaming woke me.
To this day, they tell me 'Just dont fall asleep again.' To which I reply, 'Dont **** with me again, and you wont scared when I catch you in the act.'

But, yeah. My method only works about 10% of the time involuntarily. Zero percent when I actually try.

Goodbye
"

Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:03 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I find my dreams are usually consisting of a mish mash of totally random stuff. Yesterday I dreamed I was getting married to the old guy that lives next door ( :shock: ) and then a hippogriff flew down and I climbed on it but it flew upside down the entire time. Then I fell off, was falling, and then I did an epic face plant in the family car. And I woke up. :| I've never been able to control what I dream about, but it would definitely come in helpful.

sad but rad

Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:15 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Most people can actually lucid dream, they just don't realize it xD the trick is to remember to try controlling your dream while you're asleep. Uhhh DON'T look into mirrors while you're lucid... scariest nightmare of my life...

Fire Water Earth Wind

Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:34 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Actually ulquiorra, looking into a mirror is one of the most beneficial things you can do in a dream. Looking into a mirror and seeing something drastically different than what you'd normally expect is one of the strongest lucidity triggers out there.

Furthermore, with a little practice, you can look into a mirror while already lucid and use it as a template to transform yourself. I hope to try this as soon as my level of expertise is high enough.

I had a dream a couple of days ago, last Friday if I remember correctly, in which I went to go and see The Hunger Games. I only saw the first part of it, because I needed to leave for some reason, but it was funny to see what my subconscious thought it would be like, even if I had already read the books.

Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:09 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

ulquiorra wrote:
Most people can actually lucid dream, they just don't realize it xD the trick is to remember to try controlling your dream while you're asleep. Uhhh DON'T look into mirrors while you're lucid... scariest nightmare of my life...

Ikr? I actually attempted this, and it backfired. I looked a bit like a zombie. But, that wasnt the worst part...

Goodbye
"

Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:29 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Yeh, I'm usually a demon in the mirror. I've heard looking at clocks is weird too, what else should I try when I'm lucid?

Fire Water Earth Wind

Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:09 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

You can flip a light switch back and forth. This will usually not affect the lighting of the dream, so they'll often just do nothing.

Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:15 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

To add to the current discussion, I think I should add an explanation as to why we see things like this.
When we look in the mirror, we dont see ourselves because our brain has trouble replicating the body. A clock never moves because of the brain. So for not being able to read.
The reason why we use <30% of our brain power when we are awake and 80% of our brain in dreams is because when we are awake, were civilized. Stuff like reading text, clocks, and equations (Yikes!) are not natural. Therefore, the brain recognizes their presence, but not their function.
Thats why. Its because dreaming opens up A LOT of doors.

Goodbye
"

Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:13 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Umm... Samurott? Are you feeling... Okay?

Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:03 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Hahaha xD no but it's true, your brain will try and connect images it recognizes from the previous day together thats why you dream :) you remember your dreams best when your REM cycle is interupted not that anyone cares

Fire Water Earth Wind

Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:22 am
Reply to topic   [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2