It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:03 am

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Chores 
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Chores. Everyone has them. Most people do them. But, no matter how mundane they are, or how redundant or annoying they are, I'm sure everyone has some favorites.
So, do you have any chores you like? Do you hate doing them? Or do you not even do them?

Goodbye
"

Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:40 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Dishes. I also like scrubbing bathroom tile and vacuuming.

Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:17 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

My college dorms have maids that do it, but they dont vacuum, good thing i like to! The fresh feeling on your feet after is awesome!

Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:34 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

The only two I like doing are burning papers and stuff and unloading the dishwasher.
The latter because its soo easy, I solve problems while doing it.
Burning... Its good stress relief. Sometimes, I just burn old toys and **** that I could care less about. Why? Just cause. Espescially earlier this week when, after trying to get film that I worked all weekend on to import into fcp failed, I burnt everything that needed to be. Unfortunately, some PKMN cards were among the casualities. They were duplicates and most were fake anyways...

Goodbye
"

Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:10 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

NOT THE POKEMON CARDS! OH THE HUMANITY! But seriously, i do that but in a different sense. I blow stuff up. I get fireworks and BAM! There goes a watermelon.

Sat Mar 24, 2012 10:06 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I like to cook. Eating at the dinner table is a big deal for my family. The whole week is planned and prepared for in advance, some stuff my mom is going to make, some things I'll be doing, and some where it's never said. But it gets done, either by both of us or one of us.

And somehow, whatever I touch in the kitchen turns out amazing. Maybe it's just because it's slightly different from how my mom has made it all these years. Maybe the video games have naturally helped me become better at time management, multitasking and thinking under pressure. Maybe magic leaks from my fingers. But I even surprise myself... when I'm making something I've never even heard of, or something I have no idea how it's supposed to look. Or something I'm positive can't live up to my mom's version. But when they're telling me, "Sam, this is delicious," and I take my own first bite... all I can say is "I know."

Plus, it is totally manly to cook.

With that comes an appreciation for a clean and organized kitchen. I've always unloaded the dishwasher, but when you cook, it really becomes something that must be done, or else you'll be washing a pan you need while something else is on fire (and isn't supposed to be).

I could probably make a successful living for myself as a chef, though it's not what I want to do. But one day, I'll have my own family. And my kids better never forget their dad's cooking.

Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:32 am
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Washing dishes. HATE IT. I don't like the idea of scrubbing of food where people put their mouths and spit :o

sad but rad

Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:56 am
Lite Four
Lite Four

Even though I'm not "assigned" chores, living on my own = housework. Dishes, floor sweeping, cleaning, etc.

As much as I hated having to the dishes at my mom's I got a rude awakening when I moved out, now I HAVE to do them!

Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:41 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Thats why i love my dorm, WE HAVE MAIDS! But they dont vacuum. Why? You might ask. My guess is because there is usually layers of dorito crumbs on the ground. Also my dorm is filthy, i usually cant stand it and clean it myself but still, they should vacuum.

Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:00 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I like my chores sometimes. I'm a little bit of a clean freak, so that helps. Haha blowing things up... Bamf. I just rip apples in half

Fire Water Earth Wind

Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:38 am
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]