It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:51 am

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ] 
 The Hunger Games 
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Come on, you know you're looking forward to it. :3

Who else is planning to see the movie? I read all of the books and am psyched for its release. Why must March 23 be so far away?

Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:47 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Oh come on people! There must be someone else out there! There's only one more week left until the movie!

Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:59 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Ok. I'll bite. I actually want to go see the movie, but two things are holding me back.
1. I haven't read any of the books.
2. My girlfriend and I are going to see Mirror, Mirror when it comes out. So yeah, there's that.

Goodbye
"

Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:48 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Samurott wrote:
Ok. I'll bite. I actually want to go see the movie, but two things are holding me back.
1. I haven't read any of the books.
2. My girlfriend and I are going to see Mirror, Mirror when it comes out. So yeah, there's that.

My girlfriend wants to see Mirror too, guess i have to. But i am stoked for the movie too!

Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:42 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Yeah. My gf kinda controls the whole 'relationship part' of the... Relationship, I guess. I'm more of the 'watchdog' (Note: Not Watchog, Watch-DOG) in it.
But, for the sake of staying on topic, what is the main idea of Hunger Games?

Goodbye
"

Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:30 pm
THE POWER IS ON!

Years after North America destroys itself, the new country known as Panem is divided into twelve districts. At some point the districts try to rebel against the Capitol of Panem and lose. As a reminder not to rebel against the Capitol, every year, each district selects two teenagers to compete in the Hunger Games, where the twenty-four participants must battle to the death. The story itself focuses on a girl, Katniss, from the poorest District, 12, who volunteers after her sister was randomly selected for the Games. (This much is shown in the trailers of the movie and explained in Chapter 1 of the book, so I haven't spoiled very much.)

Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:36 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Thanks, Frost! Now if I can just read the book...

Goodbye
"

Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:43 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Samurott wrote:
Yeah. My gf kinda controls the whole 'relationship part' of the... Relationship, I guess. I'm more of the 'watchdog' (Note: Not Watchog, Watch-DOG) in it.

UGH! Me too, i`m more of a body guard, the other day someone started to hit on her at a bar and i said "Sorry bud she`s taken." And he said "Oh sorry, my bad." and he walked away. Then my girlfriend said "What are you doing? Go kick his @$$!" It took me like 10 minutes to calm her down. But the movie looks amazing and in the trailer, the boy with the blonde hair, is one of my favourite child actors.

Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:39 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

King_Charizard wrote:
Samurott wrote:

UGH! Me too, i`m more of a body guard, the other day someone started to hit on her at a bar and i said "Sorry bud she`s taken." And he said "Oh sorry, my bad." and he walked away. Then my girlfriend said "What are you doing? Go kick his @$$!" It took me like 10 minutes to calm her down. But the movie looks amazing and in the trailer, the boy with the blonde hair, is one of my favourite child actors.

Oh wow. I did it a bit differently, especially since our relationship was not healthy. So, yeah. There's nothing that says 'I love you' more than almost drawing blood from a guy and getting suspended for 3 days.
But, I have a party for my friend since he's turning 17 the same weekend the movie comes out and his parties are highly entertaining. So, I might just get it when it comes out on Blu-ray/DVD.

Goodbye
"

Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:54 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Finally! Some posts!

I just got back from seeing the movie, and am incredibly glad about how true it stayed to the book. There are some details I would have preferred to be included that weren't, but I'm thoroughly satisfied.

They could have played up some of the characters some more, especially Gale and Cinna. It seemed like both of them got hardly any face time in the movie.

Furthermore, no Madge, avoxes, sleeping pills, or plum stew. Shame on you Lionsgate.

Sorry for the rant. I do think it was incredible though, despite my critical attitude. I can't wait until Catching Fire comes out. Only (about) 365 days to go!

Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:45 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I've never been into the whole "popualar culture" books, and I RARELY go see the movies, I'm actually kindof sick of the hunger games, especially the merch (stoopid hot topic sellouts) But I guess my question is, is it even worth seeing?

Fire Water Earth Wind

Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:20 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I saw the movie because my friends invited me to go and I am cool. All I know about the books is what they've told me about them.

It wasn't a bad movie but I thought the ending was awkward. It was explained to me why it was the way it was and how it makes sense in the book series, and that's fine, but it doesn't give great closure to a movie. It requires a sequel but doesn't explicitly lead the viewer to expect one. Highlight to view spoiler.
I'm specifically talking about how the ending is "Okay Katniss, tell the people you're in love with Peeta and then you can go home." So she did, and they went home, the end. I was thinking the truth should have come out and the games should somehow have been stopped, but that's not how it goes in the books and there are sequels.

Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:21 pm
Profile WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I read the first two books, the third was horrible imo, so I never finished it. But I saw the movie and I loved it, I think they did a good job making the movie and it was pretty true to the book. So yeah...can't wait for the second one :p

Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:40 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: Avoiding roasted cabbage, not eating earwax, and looking on the bright side of life
Personally, I loved the second book most, but I still really enjoyed Mockingjay. But the ending was so sad.... I still can't believe (MAJOR spoiler) Highlight to view spoiler.
Prim was killed in the trap bombs that the rebellion designed. She didn't deserve to die. :'( Hell, neither did Finnick, or Cinna, and I'm also sad about how Gale and Katniss's mother moved to other districts.

Last edited by Edoc'sil on Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:45 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Nothing screams 'douchebag' more than banning a classic. Watch the vid. Yes, I know its in japanese. Its called subtitles. Read them. Then get pissed at this absurdity.

Goodbye
"

Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:55 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I give Hunger games 2 Thumbs UP! Yeah!!!

Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:56 am
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

@Skeleton

They're not sequels, it's a series. The actual name of the series is the Hunger Games Triology (I got a book that combined all three into one, that's what the cover said, at least).

I saw the movie on Easter, it was okay. They tried to make the movie seem more "rugged" by shaking the camera a lot, but it seemed more like an attempt to make me dizzy than to enhance the tone of the movie when you're at District 12, the arena, etc. But, it was okay. Hear it was a lot better than what they did with the first Twilight movie, though.

sad but rad

Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:45 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: Avoiding roasted cabbage, not eating earwax, and looking on the bright side of life
Dragonair101 wrote:
it was a lot better than what they did with the first Twilight movie, though.
Everything is. Even that creepy human centipede sh*t. Even that one movie consistently rated worst ever with no plot to be seen. The Box, or The Room, or whatever the heck it's called.

Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:11 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

*Sees all of the people acting like film critics, but failing* Sigh. *Facepalm* See, this why we cant have nice things.

Goodbye
"

Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:27 pm
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]