It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:03 pm

Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Small Site Typos - Spelling, Grammar, Incorrect Names, etc. 
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

Found a few things while scrolling through pages. I might edit this post later with other ones I find, but so far I've found: a lot

~Psych Up, in the Techdex. "The user copies all six of the target's stat modifiers." Last time I checked, there's actually seven stat modifiers - Attack, Defense, Sp Attack, Sp Defense, Speed, Evasion, and Accuracy.

~Rest, in the Techdex. "The user is cured of status effects (and confusion)..." I don't know if this holds true anymore, but in Gen 3 (or was it 2?) and earlier, Rest didn't remove confusion. I could be mistaken, however. Perhaps I'm confusing it with Full Restore.

~Revenge, in the Techdex. In Generation 3, it did not have decreased priority.

~Sand Tomb, in the Techdex. It mentions the target can switch out if it uses "Volt Change". The name is actually "Volt Switch". A few other moves probably have this as well (Bind, Whirlpool, maybe Pursuit?)

~Sandstorm, in the Techdex. In addition to Sand Veil, I think the abilities Sand Rush and Sand Force also grant immunity to the weather damage. (Before you ask, there are Pokemon that would be damaged otherwise: Herdier and Stoutland.)

~Sky Uppercut, in the Techdex. In Generation 5, it can also hit targets in the middle of Sky Drop.

~Spider Web, in the Techdex. It mentions Volt Change, not Volt Switch.

~Struggle, in the Techdex. In Gen 5, it's color-coded as a Normal-type move when instead it's technically typeless (even though it is listed in-game as a Normal-type move in all Generations).

~Sucker Punch, in the Techdex. "...but fails if the target doesn't select a move that will damage the user." This isn't necessarily true; the target just needs to use an offensive move. (In double/triple battles, Sucker Punch will work on a target that doesn't intend to attack the user anyway.)

~Techno Blast, in the Techdex. The items are called Drives, not discs.

~Telekinesis, in the Techdex. It mentions "one-kit KO moves" instead of one-hit KO moves.

~Thunder, in the Techdex. In regards to Thunder piercing Protect/Detect in the rain, wasn't that effect only present in Diamond and Pearl? I could be wrong, though...

~Thunder Wave, in the Techdex. Unlike other status-inflicting moves (like Sand-Attack, which can hit flyers/levitaters), this one is actually blocked by a type immunity - Ground-type Pokemon are unaffected by Thunder Wave. However, this effect does not apply if the user has the Normalize ability. Also, in addition to Motor Drive, I'm pretty sure it activates Volt Absorb as well.

~Toxic, in the Techdex. I believe it's worthy of note to mention that, at the end of a battle, toxic poison will always revert to normal poison.

~Transform, in the Techdex. Although this is completely invisible, Transform will also copy the target's gender. I know this holds true in Gen 5, but I don't know if it does in 2-4. (I know for a fact this is true, because while in Giant Chasm, my female Serperior used Attract against a Ditto that had copied my male Emboar...and the attack succeeded. I also know that wasn't a fluke as it happened on at least 5 occasions.)

~Trick Room, in the Techdex. In regards to items that ignore Trick Room's effects, I believe another one is the Custap Berry.

~U-Turn, in the Techdex. It mentions the "Choice Lens"; the actual item name is "Choice Specs". This error exists on Volt Switch as well.

~Whirlpool, in the Techdex. See also Sand Tomb; it mentions Volt Change.

~Wonder Room, in the Techdex. It "Always goes last". Magic Room might not say this either (but Trick Room does).

~Wrap, in the Techdex. See also Sand Tomb; it mentions Volt Change.

Going to look through A-thru-M some other day.

Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:13 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Frost wrote:
Report any and all typos you find on the site in this thread.

Flaming_Wuzzle wrote:
This thread was created for people to point out bugs and factual errors, not to allow them to be grammar Nazis.

I'm being trolled, right?

Sun Mar 25, 2012 6:13 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Dude, just shut up and drop it. F_W had a right to say that, as you are being a grammar nazi. Thats not a typo. Frost explained it real good and, trust me, an English minor(?) would recognize grammar mistakes immediately. I didnt recognize any mistakes AT ALL.
Need a muzzle?

Goodbye
"

Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:45 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Samurott wrote:
Dude, just shut up and drop it. F_W had a right to say that, as you are being a grammar nazi. Thats not a typo. Frost explained it real good and, trust me, an English minor(?) would recognize grammar mistakes immediately. I didnt recognize any mistakes AT ALL.
Need a muzzle?

Dude, just shut up and drop it. F_W had a right to say that, as you are being a grammar Nazi. That's not a typo. Frost explained it very well, and trust me, an English minor would recognize grammar mistakes immediately. I didn't recognize any mistakes at all.
Do you need a muzzle?

English minor? I assume you're currently in school, and doing a poor job. Otherwise you've graduated and I am truly sorry you've wasted your time, and possibly money.

I assume this will be the last post I am allowed to put up on this site, as I'm obviously upsetting several of you, and I expect some drastic punishment to be inacted upon me for stating my arguments. This comunity seems to be less dedicated to progress on the website, and more so on bashing anyone who gives input contrary to specific memebers'. The mannerisms of certain members are atrocious and undesirable. The website, while informative, is sadly backed by a poor moral community. I have been degraded time and again by temperamental school kids, and frankly, it has become tiresome.

Frost, I would have liked to discuss the matter of my earlier post with you in private, seeing as you come off as more mature. After being flamed yet again on this site though, I can't say that I'll ever be posting on this site again, even if I am allowed. I'm sick of this community and I'm done with it.

Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:01 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

There are three things I hate in this world:
1. People who make me break my morals, since I live my life morals;
2. People who **** with my friends or my family, or **** with me for no reason and say self-defense, and;
3. Hypocrites.
Seeing how you broke 2 and 3, you brought this on yourself. I just asked you to shut up about this and drop it, but noooo. Apparently I cant do that. So you imply I flamed you when you flame me. Insulting MY 120 IQ when you obviously dont know nearly as much? Nothing screams hypocrite more.
I'm sorry that you feel that way not sorry you feel that way, as you remind me of someone else who derails quickly. *Remembers NathanB*
That post was irrelevant. This is getting redundant, old, whatever synonym you want to use. I'm still in high school and at the top of my ela class. Thats what I mean by 'English minor'.
You flame me this bad, with an argument that is totally null and void, and this is what happens.
Zaro out.

Goodbye
"

Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:28 am
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

Mr. Eved, you're more than welcome to continue posting here. Frost, Samurott, and myself were just pointing out that changing a word to another word with such minor differences is a bit...pedantic. "Redundant" does the job well enough that it's not worth the bother changing it, as it's not necessarily the wrong word to use. I'm sorry for not stating that more politely.

Grammatical "errors" like the one you pointed out aren't really what we were looking for when we started this topic. If you want an idea of the sort of thing that you should look for, look at DNA's post at the top of this page. The site admins are more than happy to fix things like that.

Samurott, there is absolutely no need to flame people like that, especially when they had good intentions in pointing something out.

Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:33 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I'm sorry, Wuzzle. I just dont like people who are too stubborn to accept the fact that nobody is never always right and the fact that a simple post should not flamed.

Goodbye
"

Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:22 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

On the Introduction page for RFLG, it reads 'Steelix can now use Dragonbreath and Cacturne can Destiny Bond.'
I'm sure its supposed to say 'Cacturne can use Destiny Bond.'

Goodbye
"

Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:00 pm
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

Time for the A-M section of the Techdex!

~Acrobatics. Not exactly a mistake, but you can say somewhere that Flying Gem's bonus factors in before the item check is applied, letting Acrobatics hit for 3x the power in that case.

~After You. Not exactly a mistake, but you can say somewhere that it always fails in Single Battles.

~Ally Switch. Also works in a Double Battle to exchange 2 ally Pokemon's positions.

~Blizzard. The piercing Protect/Detect applied to D/P only, iirc. I could be wrong, however.

~Chatter. At the start it says it has an X% chance to cause confusion if the user is Chatot, but at the end it says if Transform is used to copy Chatter, there is no chance of confusion. The latter sentence is redundant.

~Circle Throw. It does not force the target to switch if the target faints by this attack.

~Clear Smog. You should probably say this effect doesn't occur if this move misses or if it's used against a Steel-type. You can also say this move ignores Accuracy and Evasion modifiers.

~Destiny Bond. The effect of Destiny Bond lasts until the user's next move. This should probably be mentioned.

~Detect. In Gen 5, the success rate of Detect decreases to 50% if a Protect, Detect, Endure, Wide Guard, or Quick Guard was used SUCCESSFULLY on the last turn. (This effect actually applies to all 5 moves I just mentioned, in Generation 5.)

~Dragon Tail. See Circle Throw.

~Encore. The last sentence does make sense, but it only applies if the target was locked into a single-target attack with Encore. I think it could stand to be reworded.

~Endure. See Detect.

~Fake Out. It doesn't fail against targets with Inner Focus iirc (the damage still goes through), but I could be wrong.

~Focus Energy. As for the effect of Gen 1, I think Focus Energy raises critical hit chance, provided the user is faster than its opponent.

~Focus Punch. It fails if the user was damaged during this turn, not necessarily attacked. For example, Thunder Wave and Will-o-Wisp won't stop its success.

~Foul Play. I don't think the target's stat modifiers are involved - just the user's. Again, I could be wrong.

~Fury Cutter. Slight typo on the Gen 5 bit; it says BP resets to 10 if it misses. It's 20 now.

~Glare. Technically, status moves bypass type immunites (with the notable exception of Thunder Wave), so Glare would be able to hit Ghost-types in any Gen, I believe.

~Grudge. See Destiny Bond.

(Currently finished the Gs, will get to the rest later)

Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:06 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I looked and thought as to where to put this, and this seemed like the reasonable place to put this, so... Yeah. I put it.
Links needed to be added into the forum rules. They are for:
HGSS Discussion Rules
BW Discussion Rules

Sorry if this is in the wrong spot.

Goodbye
"

Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:51 pm
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

~Hi Jump Kick, in the TechDex. The effect is different now; the user instead loses 50% of its maximum HP if it misses, in Gen 5 only. Same thing with Jump Kick.

~Leaf Storm. The special attack drop only happens if it hits. This also applies to other moves like this such as Draco Meteor, Overheat, and Psycho Boost. Sort of a minor detail, but it might be implied already and there might be no need to edit.

~Lock-On. It fails if you use it on a target currently in the middle of Dig/Dive etc., but the effect would still persist if the target used one of those moves and disappeared from play. Maybe it could be reworded to be a bit more clear...?

~Magic Room. The last bit could say "using this move again while its effect is already active ends its effect" or something, or maybe it's implied.

~Metronome. I think you could mention that if it's used in a Double/Triple Battle, and Metronome generates a single-target move, it will hit a random opponent.

~Mist. It could end with "but the secondary effect is prevented" or something to that effect, unless it's implied.

Hmm, looks like that's it. I didn't notice any other mistakes to speak of.

Edit: Ah, I forgot about Flame Burst! In the Techdex it says that the user's teammates receive the typeless "splash damage". That's wrong; the target's teammates do.

Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:33 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Not sure if this goes here, but why don't the sprites for BW/BW2 move in the Picdex like the Emerald and Crystal sprites?

Image (by Ender)

Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:35 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=31241

posted in wrong section! D: I'm sorry

Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:50 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I see the move Drill Run is missing in the attack list here:

http://www.psypokes.com/dex/damage.php

Sun Jul 12, 2015 6:53 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Hi there! This is actually my first post, so I'm still very new to the forum, but I'm happy to be able to help improve the site!

It looks like this is a good place to track small typos, and I wanted to report some of them that I have seen in the TechDex.

Firstly, I came to this thread hoping to report on Flame Burst affecting the target's team, but I see DNA has helpfully added that to an ongoing list. Thank you!

I'm not sure if I missed an earlier report of my second finding, but Doom Desire has two typos (probably through cut & paste) in the Generation V and Generation VI descriptions: http://www.psypokes.com/dex/techdex/353/general. I believe there's also an opportunity to provide clarity about the attack's changes starting in Generation V.

The Generation V and VI descriptions include:
Quote:
...Doom Desire is now a Steel-type move that gets STAB. Since it occurs at the end of the round, it also hits through Protect, Detect anf Endure.
The typing error is that "anf" should be "and", in both cases.

Additionally, when I first read/skimmed the descriptions including the Steel-type note, I mistakenly thought Shedinja might have been weak to Steel-type damage, because Wonder Guard is not addressed in the Gen V or Gen VI descriptions. Also, I think I confused Rock with Steel, so I checked the Psydex entry for Shedinja to confirm. The Psydex page on Shedinja states that the Pokemon is immune to Steel-type damage, so it's implied that Doom Desire cannot hit through its Wonder Guard in the same way that it could in earlier generations.

For the sake of clarity in the TechDex, I believe it would be helpful to include a small note in the Generation V and VI descriptions that Wonder Guard is now immune to Doom Desire.

I also noticed that Future Sight http://www.psypokes.com/dex/techdex/248/general changed in a similar way in that it became a Psychic-type damage move starting in Generation V. Again, just for clarity, I believe it would be helpful to remind readers (by including a small note) that, starting in Generation V, Shedinja's Wonder Guard is immune to Future Sight as well.

DNA wrote:
~Thunder Wave, in the Techdex. Unlike other status-inflicting moves (like Sand-Attack, which can hit flyers/levitaters), this one is actually blocked by a type immunity - Ground-type Pokemon are unaffected by Thunder Wave. However, this effect does not apply if the user has the Normalize ability. Also, in addition to Motor Drive, I'm pretty sure it activates Volt Absorb as well.

~Toxic, in the Techdex. I believe it's worthy of note to mention that, at the end of a battle, toxic poison will always revert to normal poison.

Thank you for the helpful tips! I actually had a question/thought about the descriptions for Thunder Wave as well. I cannot remember where I read this and I'm having trouble locating it now on the site, but I believe that, starting in Generation VI, Electric-type Pokemon all became immune to the paralysis condition. This immunity would make Electric-type Pokemon immune to Thunder Wave as well, but only in Generation VI. I was wondering if the Normalize ability could be a loophole in this, but I'm not sure. What do you think?

I've been playing Pokemon X and Alpha Sapphire for a while, and I have noticed that my Electric Pokemon are consistently immune to paralysis. However, when I decided to backtrack and start playing Generation V (because I missed it when it came out), I noticed that in White-2 my Electric-type Pokemon are frequently paralyzed, to my (frequent) annoyance, since I had expected them to be immune. I am also able to paralyze Electric-type opponents, using the Thunder Wave technique.

That being said, I wanted to suggest maybe confirming the change in immunity and adding notes in the TechDex (in addition to the above quoted points you brought up) that paralysis moves cannot affect Electric Pokemon in Generation VI.

I also quoted your point on Toxic because I was wondering if Pokemon with the Poison Heal ability will be healed for increasing amounts over time. If so, I suggest it should be clarified in the TechDex. If not, it might be helpful to dismiss it with a note.

After checking the Psylab page on status effects http://www.psypokes.com/lab/status.php I found the helpful details about usually being unable to burn Fire-types, or inflict poison status on Poison- and Steel-types, or inflict frozen status on Ice-types, with some exceptions.

Still, in searching Psypoke I cannot find any mention of Electric-type Pokemon gaining a Generation VI immunity to paralysis, and so I wanted to suggest confirming this and updating the status effects page, as well as paralysis-inducing moves in the TechDex. If this immunity is discussed in one of the guides, please provide a link to it.

Edit: I've confirmed that Electric-type Pokemon cannot be paralyzed in Generation VI. Please consider updating the Status Effects guide and paralysis moves in the TechDex.

Edit again: I've spent some time reading about which ideas go in which forum threads, and I totally want to respect those guidelines. My main goal in writing forum posts right now is to identify any unmentioned typos and think about ways to improve the accuracy of the site's database information, like the TechDex, the Psydex, and the Psylab. I'm having a lot of fun hunting around for potential improvements. However, in observing my own writing I've noticed that I have been posing some scenarios in addition to my suggestions, and I don't want to be posting my questions in an inappropriate thread. If any staff believes I should post these ideas in a different thread, please alert me and I'll be happy to do so. Thank you!

Additional Typo Edit: I wanted to make sure that an additional site-wide typo pattern I just noticed could be fixed. In every Base Stats List page I have visited (such as Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire http://www.psypokes.com/oras/basestats.php, X & Y http://www.psypokes.com/xy/basestats.php, Black & White http://www.psypokes.com/bw/basestats.php, Generation IV http://www.psypokes.com/dpphgss/basestats.php, and Ruby, Sapphire & Emerald http://www.psypokes.com/rs/basestats.php) the space above the Stats List says:
Quote:
The following is a list of base stats for each Pokemon, and their ranking
but the punctuation at the end of the sentence is missing. This is not consistent with various other Psypoke charts, whose introductions are punctuated. This could be fixed by ending each sentence with a period, or, to showcase the list, a colon would work as well. Without punctuation, the idea feels incomplete.

I know it's a long post, but I hope these reports will be of assistance. In the future I'll do my best to be more brief. Thanks for reading, and take care! :)

Extra edit: I wanted to report an error with the Picdex, but a related thread is locked, so I figured I'd report it here. The Generation V Sprites section for Unfezant http://www.psypokes.com/dex/psydex/521/picdex (in the Backs column) appears to display the incorrect sprite for a Female, Normal Unfezant. The Female Shiny sprite appears correctly, but the Normal sprite appears to be a duplicate of the Male's longer eye crest, seen from the back. I read some reports about the Picdex being more difficult to update, but I thought it was worth reporting this, if it can be fixed somehow.

Last edited by Starlight Gardevoir on Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:49 am, edited 2 times in total.

Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:12 am
Reply to topic   [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3