It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:01 pm

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 
 Wisdom Teeth 
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I got my wisdom teeth removed earlier in the morning and needless to say it hurts.like hell. I am.just wondering if any.of.you all have had y'alls removed. If so how long.did.it take for.you to get.back.on.your feet and.for.the pain and.bleeding.to stop?

Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:00 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Ahh, this reminds me of a similar thread I made here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=28306

Anyway, on the first day the bleeding was bad and I needed gaws in my mouth every minute of the day, which needed to be replaced every 1-2 hours. I also needed a 'spit bowl" around all the time since I couldn't spit. The anesthesia also made me sick and I threw up a few times. The only thing I had to eat the entire day (not even before the surgery) was just some soup to drink from, but I wasn't hungry at all. Oh and I did nothing but sleep throughout the day, which was then disrupted when a dirt dobber flew into my room and made be jump out of bed.

The bleeding stopped after a few days, but it was still very sore. It seemed to completly stop hurting after 2-3 weeks

EDIT: Whevever I listened to music through the first week it sounded very flat and not as normal. It was from the sickness that caused this

Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:00 pm
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

I might need mine out eventually. Which would suck. So, I'm hoping I never have to experience that ordeal. Here's a song for all of you poor souls that had to suffer through it:

:violin:

(Just imagine whatever song you like.)

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:50 pm
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

Ah, wisdom teeth. A horror which I will never have to experience again. I remember having ice packs strapped to my cheeks, to be replaced every two hours, to reduce all the swelling. And yep, there was gauze for bleeding.

It definitely hurts like hell - I was put on a prescription painkiller (max strength ibuprofen) to assuage the pain I was feeling. I think it took me 2 weeks or so to fully get over it; I had 3 teeth removed, and all were impacted (they did not pierce the gum line).

Fortunately, it doesn't last forever. After the pain's over, all it becomes is a slightly unpleasant memory that you never have to relive.

Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:37 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Tiniest molehill ever made into a mountain, in my case. After each procedure (two, one for each side of my mouth) I only took one painkiller, and that was to help me sleep while the bleeding stopped so I wouldn't have the gauze in my mouth gagging me. The stitches were annoying and I was so, so hungry from the lack of solid food, but as far actual pain in the mouth went, nothing. My jaws were really sore though. Like I'd saved the world from a meteor by chewing it to bits.

Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:17 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I had mine removed last year. Honestly the worse part of the WHOLE thing was waiting for it , and then not being able to actually eat anything (theres only so much chicken broth one can drink). As for the actual procedure, they put me out. Not "out of it" but OUT COLD. I remember going in, and then coming out. After words I only needed 1 or 2 Tylenal 4's for the pain ( i had all 4 removed in one go). I did'nt get much swelling, mostly because my teeth came in straight ( reason they had to come out, no room in there for them).

Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:13 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

I had all four of mine removed at the same time. I went to sleep, I woke up at the office, I remember walking down to the car, slept on the way home, woke up and walked to my bedroom and slept for 5 hours. I had zero pain the entire time. I tried to sell my pain killers, but for the price people wanted to buy them from me, I decided it was better to abuse them.

Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:27 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Oh wisdom teeth! I had a ton of fun with those! Whatever they were doing to remove the pain didn't work on me for some reason so I felt everything they did to me. I also ended up having a conversation with my dentist the whole time. Yaah... I didn't have the best of times with those accursed wisdom teeth...

Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:37 pm
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

My time has come. I'm getting all 4 pulled out in 2 hours. Wish me luck.

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:41 am
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

Mektar wrote:
My time has come. I'm getting all 4 pulled out in 2 hours. Wish me luck.

*generates ninja voodoo protection*

Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:17 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

May the force, Triforce, Master Ball, Dragon Balls, and one ring to rule them all be with you. You're gonna need them Mektar.

Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:32 pm
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

Actually, the pain isn't that bad. I can think of a few reasons.

1. My tolerance for pain is really high
2. My oral surgion was awesome
3. Code Geass marathons somehow dull pain
4. Your blessings worked

The fitness tests at my school hurt more than this does.

Mektar out.

Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:22 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I'm glad your surgery went well! :3 It can be rough... trust me. :s

- I lost my job the day before this $2,000 surgery.
- My boyfriend at the time was being a *beep* and we got into a fight because he didn't want to come up to my house for it.
- My bottom teeth were growing directly forward into the teeth in front of it instead of up, so I was in so much pain. >_<
- The stuff they gave me to knock me out made me nauseous, so after the surgery, I spent the rest of the day vomiting every half hour or so (which re-opened the wounds in my mouth that were trying to heal...).

After the day of it, things started getting better, but my wisdom teeth experience was pretty atrocious. xD It's usually not that bad. I just have horrible luck.

Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:34 am
Profile WWW
Lite Four
Lite Four

I lucked out only one of the four grew in. So only one tooth pulled, took like 5 minutes to yank even with my long roots! recovery took about a day.

Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:20 am
Profile YIM WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I was out for the weekend since they pulled all four. Now the swelling has finally gone down and all that's left are the stitches, the slight pain, and a bruise on my left jawline.
I slept good throughout the day though. I was like a vampire; constantly had blood in my mouth and not sleeping at Night.

Goodbye
"

Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:26 pm
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]