It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:24 pm

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ] 
 Favourite Super Smash Bros. Series Character 
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Who is your Favourite character in the SSB Series? Mine is Captain Falcon 'cause he is seriously strong. So then, Who is Yours? :?:

THELEGENDARY123: Proud Founder and Owner of the TL channel: Commited to bringing you the BEST pokemon banter of All time. PM thelegendary123 for availible positions!

Sat Jun 11, 2011 9:25 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
Super Smash Bros. (N64) = Ness or Link (can't remember which 1)
Super Smash Bros. Melee = Pichu or Roy (can't decide among the 2)
Super Smash Bros. Brawl = Marth (Zelda/Shiek is a close second)

I didn't play the N64 game that much so I just picked the characters I liked among the cast, Melee I played alot & Pichu is a very fun character to use for me & Roy was just the character I got the best at using & just destroyed everything with him, Brawl however had a even larger imbalanced cast of characters & took out 2 of my favorite characters & there were really no replacements so Marth became my character of choice with Zelda/Shiek, Peach & Link becoming more favorable characters among the cast for me then before, I really hope that SSB4 has not only a bigger cast of characters but a far more balanced cast of characters then in Brawl for sure...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:14 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

Super Smash Bros.: Yoshi (second most used: Ness)
Super Smash Bros. Melee: Jigglypuff (second most used: Roy)
Super Smash Bros. Brawl: Sonic (second most used: Pit)

I definitely played the original the most, my brother and I would play it for hours when school was cancelled due to snow or fog (yes fog bwahahaha.) Our vs. counter for Yoshi vs. Pikachu is ridiculous.

I played Melee a lot, despite only owning the game since 2006. I never had a Gamecube until the Wii was about to come out which is why I missed this game back in the day. I loved using Roy and he was my favorite character. My brother stopped playing Smash Bros. and would never play this game with me, so the first time I ever actually played with someone was when I met Skull Kid and DatVu irl in 2007. DatVu plays like a dirty h4x0r ninja and whooped us every time. Skull Kid used Capt Falcon.

SSBB was not that great, it was my first Wii game and I played it up until I unlocked Sonic. As much as I loved Melee this game was a real let down with my favorite character being dropped (although I found newer characters who rocked too) but the story mode was ridiculous.

SSBM > SSB > SSBB

Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:18 am
Profile WWW
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Brawl is the only one of he series I've played a significant amount of. When I'm playing seriously against someone (like just trying to win, none of that tourney tard stuff) I tend to use Kirby, Toon Link, and Diddy Kong, mostly because I'm good with their projectile annoyance styles. If I'm just playing for fun, or against the CPU, I tend to use Kirby, Jigglypuff, Toon Link, Captain Falcon, Ness, Pikachu, Diddy Kong, and Mario.

Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:29 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Super Smash Bros.=Ness followed by Link
Super Smash Bros. Melee=Link followed by Young Link
Super Smash Bros. Brawl=Marth, then Sheik, then Toon Link.

I really love, I don't know if I like the original or Brawl the most. Before my brother became a huge super douche we would play against each other all the time, but after a while he wouldn't want to play anymore because he would lose most of the time.

Melee was fun to me because one of my friends and I would still play each other often enough. We pretty much played against each other all summer long when we first got it. We had a lot of fun just messing around with all the new characters they brought in.

Brawl is a lot of fun because I enjoy being able to play against random people over the internet, and as well as with some of my friends from over the internet. I know of some people that don't like Brawl because they took out some things that they really enjoyed about Melee, but its still a lot of fun and its a game pretty much everyone can pick up.

Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:24 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: Avoiding roasted cabbage, not eating earwax, and looking on the bright side of life
I can't remember which is which too well, but here goes-
Original- Yoshi&Kirby
Melee- Yoshi+Kirby+Fox
Brawl- Lots, but mostly Link/Toon Link, and I still luffs Kirby. :P

Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:08 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

My favourite characters in the series are Metaknight, Ike, Peach, Snake and Falcon. I got into Snake because he is a really good character, being powerful, fast and long-ranged at the same time. The other four were characters that I really liked before Brawl came out. I also like these characters because they are the best at something in Brawl, making it easy for me to take advantage of their strong points to win. Meta Knight has the fastest speed (yep, faster than Sonic), Ike has the longest range, Peach has the best combo ability, Snake has the most number of projectiles and Falcon has the best forward aerial and down taunt, hands down.

If I'm allowed to say, my least favourite, by far, is Link. I already disliked him from the Legend of Zelda games, and it didn't help when he turned up as a terrible character in all three games. He is very slow (his fastest move is as fast as Meta Knight's slowest), he can't kill easily until over 130% (slow/weak smashes, and down aerial stales easily) and he definitely has the worst recovery in the game.

Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:35 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Super Smash Bros: Didn't play this one
Super Smash Bros Melee: Can't remember (probably Mewtwo)
Super Smash Bros Brawl: Jigglypuff / Lucas / Kirby

Lucas and Jigglypuff have two things in common. They both have mind blowing moves that can KO someone if they are at about 60% & they both can easily fly back to the stage if they get knocked off. Kirby can just slowly rack up damage by grabbing the opponent and then stepping on them a lot. He can also fly back if he gets knocked off the stage. They are easily my favorite characters in the game. They're awesome!

Time Zone: MDT (Mountain Daylight Time)
----------------------------------
Trading Thread
----------------------------------

Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:26 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

64: Ness, whoever
Melee: Link, Littler Link, Pikachu, Pichu, Mario
Brawl: Ness, Lucas, Pikachu, Wario, Yoshi, Snake, Ice Climbers, Link, Toon Link, Zelda, Red (mostly just Squirtle), Mr. Game & Watch, Bowser, Mario... basically anyone whose name isn't "Sonic" or "Lucario"

Overall, Ness; he always struck me as a cool character (despite that, at first glance, I mistook him for Red) and years later I played and rather enjoyed EarthBound. I only don't use him in Melee because he's so much better in Brawl that his Melee form is practically unusable to me. Though I seem to get my most spectacular Brawl wins as Pikachu.

Snake deserves special mention in Brawl for having such tender loving care put into his presence. His support crew chatting with him, referencing Snake's exploits at every appropriate chance, PLUS getting their facts about the Nintendo characters straight is just ultimate

Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:22 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Super Smash Bros: Yoshi <3
Super Smash Bros Melee: First was DK, then Bowser/Yoshi; those three swapped around quite a bit.
Super Smash Bros Brawl: Pit, DK, or Pokemon Trainer

I don't really recall playing SSB a whole bunch; I didn't own a copy, so I couldn't play it that often. I do remember using Fox, Yoshi, and Pikachu, though. And playing on the Starfox level with their homeship was always one of my favorites.

Melee came out on Gamecube, which is the console I grew up on mostly. Me and my brother would play against each other all the time; he picked his characters for strategy, but I usually went with whoever I liked, then tried to make it work. Bowser and Yoshi were my favorites, but Bowser was a little too clunky, and sometimes I would roll Yoshi off the side in his egg; so I learned to use DK to counter the Link my brother was fond of using.

SSBB is the most recent of the three; I wasn't really let down by it, but without anyone to play with (especially on the story) it gets really freaking boring really fast. But I have beat my brother and my cousin with Pit, who is my favorite; his up+a move is so amazing. Then there's all kinds of annoying moves you can use to piss people off, so... Pit and DK are my favorites.

I think I'm the only one who picked Pit :S.

Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:38 pm
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

We Like Ike!!!!1!1! Fire Emblem FTW!!!!1!1!

Or maybe it's just me.

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:43 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

My top 3:
1: Jigglypuff
-Even though she's one of the lightest characaters in Brawl, she's my favorite to play as. When I first used Jigglypuff against my friends, they cracked up and said, and I quote, "Jigglypuff is the worst character in Brawl! I'd be surprised if you can get one KO with that useless pink blob!" I obliterated them all in under two minutes. They no longer doubt her skills. ;) Jiggz has great recovery between her seemingly infinite mid-air jumps to a mid-air pound. I also love characters with rolling moves. Rest, when I get to use it, makes people rage quit and complain about "glitches." And when used on Final Destination or a stage of the sort, Jigglypuff's final smash incredibly potent.

2: Wario
-I like to annoy my opponents. Wario is like your screaming baby sibling x3. He makes the ultimate annoyance, between spamming on the Wario bike to chomping on the opponents endlessly. And right when you think he's gone for good down that pit... *toot* He's BAAACK! He might not seem to have very good recovery, but timed just right, on Temple, he can get from the bottom-most platform to the right ledge, without using Wario Waft. Once I used the Wario Bike the second the match started, and ended up KOing all three players right away. :mrgreen:

3: Lucario
-I've played using Lucario the longest, and he was my first favorite because he was a Pokemon and when I was younger, I thought that he looked cool. I enjoy scaling walls to stay out of reach of opponents or intentionally racking up damage on spikes to boost my aura powers. I find it especially fun to save up an Aura Sphere, put it away and move around, then unleash it on a couple of pre-occupied fighters. Or use Double-Team. That works too. :twisted:

Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:31 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Ness, Link and Kirby are my favourites. I can use any player but i destroy with these guys!

Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:44 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Link and Pit are ok, and so is Meta Knight. Buuttttttttt.....
I can get major PWNage with Ike and Sonic.

Goodbye
"

Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:07 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I find Ike too slow and sonic is good, but im not the best with him. I used to tah team with my friend by using Ike and Marth.

Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:13 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Ike is sort of slow, that much is true, but when you master him and can use him pretty effectively like I can, he is a powerhouse.
That, and the fact that the SSBB booklet said that everyone can do equal amounts of damage by using different characters. Basically, like you said, you are good with Ness. I suck using Ness as his moves I think are ineffective and are hard to understand/use, especially his recovery. But, to you, Ike is slow. To me, Ike signifies death. Mostly because I kamikaze people by taking them down offscreen with me by using Aether, or I stand next to a flammable box and wait for someone to get close, then use Eruption and blow the box up.

Goodbye
"

Mon Mar 12, 2012 1:54 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

My top 3 in SSBB are
1. Pit
because well he is quick, has a reflector shield that cant really be spammed like fox, and can fly

2. Lucas
i find it hilarious to hit people with a stick instead of a baseball bat like ness, i also like to freeze people without the need for an item

3. Luigi
because he is one of the only (if not THE only) character that can damage using a taunt which is quite funny

From SSB and SSBM its luigi

Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:41 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Lately I've been playing Project M instead of Brawl. In a nutshell, it's a total mod of Brawl that makes it flow more quickly like Melee, and also buffs and revamps characters in an effort to balance the entire roster.

Lucas and Bowser are my favorites in that. They're a lot of fun.

Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:33 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I voiced earlier my profound use of Ike, but failed to mention one character who doesn't get much justice: Sonic.
You see, with Sonic, I find the most funniest thing is to spam the regular smash attack and the downward kick from the sky. Mostly because I'm highly effective using him. I went in a local tournament, and I placed 5th with him, which is pretty good, considering the fact that there were 35 other people there. Some a-hole won with Mario. How he accomplished such a feat still confounds me to this day.

Goodbye
"

Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:43 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Mine is Pikachu, because I was abusing glitches in melee! :D
I was also, without glitches, powerfull with him. ;)

Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:25 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Game & Watch. Love his abilities, and esp. his Final Smash on Brawl.
Honorable mentions go to Lucario (love Aura Sphere) and Meta Knight (favorite Nintendo game character, EVER).

Who said wrestlers and Pokemon couldn't get along?

Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:31 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

thelegendary123 wrote:
Mine is Captain Falcon 'cause he is seriously strong.

That is weirdly ironic cause he's bottom tier right now. He wins in swag, though.

In Melee, my favorites were Mewtwo and Roy. Mewtwo, although he was horrible, felt awesome to use. His intense grabs and weird but fun normals (nair all the way) made him incredibly appealing. He'd make a fantastic candidate for a Nintendo Vs. Capcom character. He'd be like Dormammu. Roy is Marth with fire. Nuff said. In all seriousness, his design was cool, he had a Shoryuken, and he was so powerful.

In Brawl, I main Marth cause he's dat good, but I like to use Peach and Sheik as well. Peach seems like a joke character, but she's totally capable, with float-along-the-ground fair and dair, up-tilt, veggies, and a counter, she has pretty good tools. She is much better in Melee, but she feels... different. I like Brawl Peach better, even tho she's worse. Shiek was nerfed too, but she's still fun. Zipping everywhere properly (looking at you MK) and picking away at my opponents slowly then hitting them with a dacus upsmash is oh so fun. Throw in keep away Needle Storm, a foot dive, ftilt combos, and invicible Vanish counters, and we've got one fun character.

When I'm playing for fun, I like to use Olimar, Link, and Ganondorf. Ganondorf is like Q from Third Strike. It's the best feeling in the world when something goes well with him. DA QQQQEWWWZ

Sun Sep 02, 2012 8:27 pm
Reply to topic   [ 22 posts ]