It is currently Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:57 pm

Reply to topic  [ 85 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Super Smash Bros 4 
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

Hi, all. I have a neat idea for the next smash. Assuming they keep Final Smashes, it would be nice if they added an alternate one for each character, ala the Ultra Combos in the Street Fighter games. You could pick which one to use as you select your character. Here are some examples I came up with:

Pokemon Trainer: Three Pledges = basicly the effects of the three elemental pledges from the 5th gen games. It would work sort of like Luigi's current one.
Fox: Arwing = Works like Snake's, only with more damage and no knockback.
Captain Falcon: Ultimate Flacon Punch = epic OHKO move.
Kirby: Ultra Sword = From Return to Dreamland, cuts stuff to death.
DK: Rain of Barrels = Self-Explanatory.
Link: Fierce Deity Link = Like Wario Man, only more awesome.
ROB: Power Glove = Uses the NES accessory to screw up everyone else's controls.
Ike: Soren Call = Calls his mage buddy Soren from the games to summon giant green tornados.

I might add more later. Feel free to post your own ideas for the franchise.

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Last edited by Mektar on Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:31 am, edited 2 times in total.

Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:29 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

They are making a new one. it will be a premeire game for the wii ju. it will have waluigi, megaman, and it mite have shin from sin & punishment.

Goodbye
"

Mon Dec 26, 2011 9:26 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Also, they should add in like a random character switch, similar to random stage switch.
I just got done PWNing Game & Watch and Wario because they go after me EVERY TIME!!!
Sonic and Ike should stay.

Goodbye
"

Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:26 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Add Professor Layton. That will be all.

Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:48 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Mektar wrote:
Hi, all. I have a neat idea for the next smash. Assuming they keep Final Smashes, it would be nice if they added an alternate one for each character, ala the Ultra Combos in the Street Fighter games. You could pick which one to use as you select your character. Here are some examples I came up with:

Pokemon Trainer: Three Pledges = basicly the effects of the three elemental pledges from the 5th gen games. It would work sort of like Luigi's current one.
Fox: Arwing = Works like Snake's, only with more damage and no knockback.
Captain Falcon: Ultimate Flacon Punch = epic OHKO move.
Kirby: Ultra Sword = From Return to Dreamland, cuts stuff to death.
DK: Rain of Barrels = Self-Explanatory.
Link: Fierce Deity Link = Like Wario Man, only more awesome.
ROB: Power Glove = Uses the NES accessory to screw up everyone else's controls.
Ike: Soren Call = Calls his mage buddy Soren from the games to sommun giant green tornados.

Well, regardless of how much of a good idea that sounds, ROB shouldnt have a smash that powerful. Also, if they would add in the one for pokemon trainer, they should allow to change the pokemon used. Like have Dewott, Snivy, and Emboar. Or Samurott instead of Dewott. >:)
But I think Falcon Punch should stay as a meme.

Goodbye
"

Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:00 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

As an actual, real fan of F-ZERO, I cannot express enough hatred for how inaccurately Captain Falcon is portrayed in the Smash Bros. games. It's true, he isn't shown fighting that much at all in F-ZERO canon, but could they at least have gotten his personality right? He's a cool, level-headed, confident man who won't let evil go unchecked. The SSB version is an attention whore with no style.

He's not my favorite racer or anything (I like Zoda and The Skull) but jesus christ the meme is annoying. A crossover game has a huge responsibility, to give outsiders a good idea of what the source material is like even if they haven't seen it. SSB does a piss-poor job of that for pretty much everything in it except Metal Gear Solid...

Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:25 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I sorta disagree, Skeleton! In fact, since starting to play ssbb, I am looking for Radiant Dawn. And it is all because Ike is a boss in ssbb. And the storyline seems pretty good, too.

Goodbye
"

Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:09 pm
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

Skeleton wrote:
As an actual, real fan of F-ZERO, I cannot express enough hatred for how inaccurately Captain Falcon is portrayed in the Smash Bros. games. It's true, he isn't shown fighting in F-ZERO canon, but could they at least have gotten his personality right? He's a cool, level-headed, confident man who won't let evil go unchecked. The SSB version is an attention whore with no style.

He's not my favorite racer or anything (I like Zoda and The Skull) but jesus christ the meme is annoying. A crossover game has a huge responsibility, to give outsiders a good idea of what the source material is like even if they haven't seen it. SSB does a piss-poor job of that for pretty much everything in it except Metal Gear Solid...

I'm a fan of F-Zero also (I beat the Joker Cup on the Wiiware version of X. It's a great game by the way. It deserves a 3DS remake.), and I think Smash made the Captain more awesome that he actually is. In the games, he fails. He's close to being the worst racer. At least SSB made him worthwhile. Oh, and my favorite racer is Bio-Rex.

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:50 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I thought of a couple cool alternate final smashes:

Mario=Pipe Portal= Pipe swallows enemies and shoots them back out
DK=Bongo Blast= Bongos work as a cannon, cool sort of OHKO attack
Yoshi=Egg Ambush= Yoshi throws eggs in different directions and when they hatch, an army of yoshi`s begin to attach the enemy
I couldnt think of any others but i think MetaKnight needs a better one

Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:20 pm
Profile YIM WWW
THE POWER IS ON!

Peach could have any number of actual moves that she had in her games instead of the Peach Blossom, which is horrible. Off the top of my head, she could have the Psyche Bomb from Mario RPG, which was her final spell in that game, or a Final Smash based around her four vibes from Super Princess Peach.

And Luigi could have.... just about anything and it would be more authentic to his abilities in the Mario series than the Negative Zone.

Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:29 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Frost wrote:
Peach could have any number of actual moves that she had in her games instead of the Peach Blossom, which is horrible. Off the top of my head, she could have the Psyche Bomb from Mario RPG, which was her final spell in that game, or a Final Smash based around her four vibes from Super Princess Peach.

And Luigi could have.... just about anything and it would be more authentic to his abilities in the Mario series than the Negative Zone.

Frost, i agree with you %100 on the luigi negative zone thing. Whats the reference there? He needs something that relates to the games.

Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:32 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

While agree with both of you also, NZ is somewhat annoying. Unless you have Sonic or Pit or Jiggz or any character from Kirby.

Goodbye
"

Sun Mar 11, 2012 10:38 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I hope they get rid of the final smashes... It was fun and all until they started being an excuse for people who are terrible to actually get a kill... more accurately MY kills, cos I did 120 bleeding damage. They need to do away with tripping too, and maybe make the stages smaller in comparison to the characters. Or just re-release ssb1 cos that was a wonderful game :)

Fire Water Earth Wind

Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:44 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

:roll:
I've never had that problem with Ike or Sonic.
But think about it. Its either them, your teammate, or you. I'd rather it not be the latter.

Goodbye
"

Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:15 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

This is a truth, I'm a little egocentric and when people start chasing something that's not me I get a little jealous :)

Fire Water Earth Wind

Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:59 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Thats your problem, not theirs. O_o
Anyways, did I mention
MEGAMAN will be in the next one?

Goodbye
"

Tue Apr 03, 2012 9:33 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I've long wondered why he wasn't in Brawl. Capcom and Nintendo have themselves a long history together. They made Minish Cap and the Oracle Zelda games together, even.

Instead of another Smash Bros., a Nintendo vs. Capcom/Capcom vs. Nintendo pair would be great, seeing as Capcom is getting back into that kinda thing (and also seeing how stale Smash Bros. is becoming, and how little all-new material there is to work with to make a new one). NvC would be Nintendo-made and play like SSB, CvN would be Capcom's version and play like Marvel vs. Capcom 3. I'd get both.

And my CvN team would be Mario, Little Mac, and Viewtiful Joe. Unless one of them was a charge character. Auuuuh.

Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:30 am
Profile WWW
THE POWER IS ON!

Princess Peach and Chun Li (or Cammy) super team?

Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:05 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Is it for sure that megaman will be in it? I thought that was just a rumor. I'd like to see downloadable characters, so we're not stuck with the same few

Fire Water Earth Wind

Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:48 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Well, to clear everything up on rumors about the ones that have been mentioned...
Megaman: Rumor, but its debated as "probable".
My hopes: I would actually like to see X (Megaman from Megaman X) in SSB4.
Probability: 75%
Verdict: Maybe.
Prefessor Layton: How the **** should I know about what "they" are saying?
My hopes: Dont care. I dont even know if they could pull it off.
Probability: 30% (Sorry twist. No offense.)
Verdict: If they keep Assist Trophies, which they should, maybe.
Waluigi: Rumor with some sense behind it.
My hopes: I could honestly care less.
Probability: 90%
Verdict: He's been in an ample amount of games. Hell, Wario is in SSBB!
Shin: Rumor, but SSBBwiki favorite.
My hopes: I would definitely try to use him effectively!
Probability: 60%
Verdict: I hope he is in SSB4, whether it be as an Assist or as a playable character.

New possible characters (in my perpective):
Fossil Fighters character (as Assist)
Knuckles, Tails, Amy, (as Assist)
Shadow (as Playable)

Goodbye
"

Sun Apr 08, 2012 4:07 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Samurott wrote:
Well, to clear everything up on rumors about the ones that have been mentioned...
Megaman: Rumor, but its debated as "probable".
My hopes: I would actually like to see X (Megaman from Megaman X) in SSB4.
Probability: 75%
Verdict: Maybe.
Prefessor Layton: How the **** should I know about what "they" are saying?
My hopes: Dont care. I dont even know if they could pull it off.
Probability: 30% (Sorry twist. No offense.)
Verdict: If they keep Assist Trophies, which they should, maybe.
Waluigi: Rumor with some sense behind it.
My hopes: I could honestly care less.
Probability: 90%
Verdict: He's been in an ample amount of games. Hell, Wario is in SSBB!
Shin: Rumor, but SSBBwiki favorite.
My hopes: I would definitely try to use him effectively!
Probability: 60%
Verdict: I hope he is in SSB4, whether it be as an Assist or as a playable character.

New possible characters (in my perpective):
Fossil Fighters character (as Assist)
Knuckles, Tails, Amy, (as Assist)
Shadow (as Playable)

I think if they did use these characters they would have to get rid of some original ones like Megaman for Lucas.

Sat Apr 28, 2012 8:42 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

I'm reviving this thread now that we have some info on the two new games! Among the most shocking: both Mega Man and the Villager from Animal Crossing will be playable. Thoughts?

Mektar out.

Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:32 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Mektar wrote:
I'm reviving this thread now that we have some info on the two new games! Among the most shocking: both Mega Man and the Villager from Animal Crossing will be playable. Thoughts?

...The villagers from animal crossing? :|
Well, it's worse than Picmin!!

I'd like a better storyline, moar bosses (what about bosses from Zelda series?), and what about Salamence as a playable character? Would be awesome.

Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:38 pm
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

You should probably watch the trailers on Nintendo's youtube channel if you haven't yet. They are epic and informative.

Mektar out.

Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:45 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Mektar wrote:
You should probably watch the trailers on Nintendo's youtube channel if you haven't yet. They are epic and informative.

I have some doubts about "epic", but "informative" is likely and I'll watch those videos later. ;)

But really, Animal Crossing?

Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:54 pm
Reply to topic   [ 85 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next