It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:04 pm

Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Lucid Dreaming 
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Dreams have been an important part of our history for ages. The ancient Greeks believed that dreams were ways that the gods communicated with them. Thomas Edison came up for the idea of the lightbulb in a dream. Countless artist, musicians, and poets are inspired by dreams and have gone on to produce masterpieces.

Yes, dreaming isn't always fun. There's nightmares, boring dreams, and sometimes even dreams you forget even happened! But that's not always the case. That's where lucid dreaming comes in. Lucid dreaming is the act of being lucid, or aware, in a dream. Many people have had one or two before, but some people have discovered techniques that enable you, with practice, to become lucid on a nightly basis!

With lucid dreaming, you can do anything in your wildest dreams (no pun intended). You can fly, make people and objects appear at will, shape shift, visit Willy Wonka's chocolate factory- I think you get the point. The only limit is your imagination. We spend approximately 1/3 of our lives asleep. Why not put it to good use?

If you would like to learn further about this incredible, nightly event, then visit http://www.dreamviews.com/content/ for a detailed guide on everything you need to know about it. There's a forums there as well, where members can discuss dreams they've had, talk about different lucid dreaming techniques, and even set monthly goals on what to do in a lucid dream!

If anyone is interested in this subject, already lucid dreams, or just wants to talk about dreams they've had, lucid or not, then you're more than welcome to leave a reply. Your dreams await!

-TT

Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:20 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I love nightmares. Makes me appreciate reality so much more. Waking to the relief that terrible events have been magically erased... it's a good feeling.

I've had at least one lucid dream. I was with my friend John and two copies of Wind Waker Link, one with the traditional green clothes and one with the orange and blue clothes he wore prior to the game. We were in this abandoned amusement park with buildings styled like the old west so it was essentially a standard ghost town. The four of us walked into a pub and the Links immediately started breaking stuff for the fun of it, and I experienced some sort of deja vu that snapped me into realizing it was a dream.

I said to John, "You know I got the strangest feeling that I had a dream exactly like this one before..." but then I stopped and said no more, knowing he would forget everything I said because it was just a dream.

I don't really know how true the "you can do anything and experience whatever you want to imagine" part is, for everybody. As far as I can remember, I had no control over what was going on around me, I just knew none of it was real and that I was actually asleep.

The opposite used to happen when I was seven years old--I used to sleepwalk. I don't know why, and it hasn't happened in twelve years.

Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:45 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

My AP Psychology teacher used to have recurring nightmares, of being chased and hunted by a large, evil dog. She said that although they were terrifying, she just took it for granted. But after she had kids, the dog started taking them in her dreams, which pissed her off. So she learned to lucid dream, then killed the dog. She hasn't had the dream since then :p

One thing she said is that it's really easy to learn to lucid dream. As much as possible, think, "I'm going to become aware of my dreams," as you go about your day. Eventually, this'll happen while you dream, and you'll realize that you're dreaming. However, you'll probably wake up right away (this is what happened to me). After this happens a couple of times, say right after the first thought, "I will gain control over my dreams." And you'll be able to lucid dream eventually, sometimes within weeks, others within months. According to my teacher, anyway.

I really want to be able to do this, just because I think it would be so interesting. I've been able to realize that I'm dreaming, but I wake up immediately afterward. Haven't been able to control my dreams or even walk around yet, so we'll see :p

Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:49 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Just love the story about the lady learning to lucid dream so she can take care of the dog. That put a smile to my face. That's a real classic lucid dreaming benefit. Lucid Dreaming for most people is only about fun, adventure and the exciting. I have subsequently came to learn that lucid dreaming can be used for solving many problem as the lady did with the nasty dog. One can use lucid dreaming to deal with phobias and fears in a very simalar way to the 'dog slayers' methode :P above. I had a bit of a problem standing in front of people and talking to them. Not sure why, had something to do with an insecurity or lack of confidence but after creating a safe environment for me in my dreams where I could slowly build up my confidence speaking infront of people it became a lot better and I was gradually able to become very comfortable in front of people. It was a bit of an awkward weakness, i sometimes frooze up speaking to people in authority. That also disappeared after a while. If you keen to learn more about lucid dreaming checkout http://lucid-dreaming-how-to-induce.com/lucid-dreaming or want to learn how to lucid dream go to http://lucid-dreaming-how-to-induce.com/how-to-lucid-dream

By they way, lucid dreaming can be very useful in the personal growth area as well. It does not just have to be used to solve problems or life out fantasies but is a very power tool to look to improving at personal or spiritual level. Like meditation and similar techniques one can learn lots about your self in order to improve your self.

Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:18 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I have a lot of these dreams most of the time when a dream goes bad ( like I am being killed ) I just stop it and change it to be nice ( like one time I was not bleeding and my friend was not dead ). Just a lot of my dreams are epic and fun and I just go with the flow.

3DS FC: 0104-0278-1948

deviantART wrote:
Vectors-R-US:
They do it to trigger fan-fictions. Fur da lulz. Cuz you know how those fan stories can get... *shudders*

VladimirMacHolzraum:
So the writers put things in the show just so they can read our screwed-up fanfics? That explains everything

Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:14 pm
The Geek
The Geek

My dreams are pretty much always lucid. Unfortunately, I have a hard time remembering them lately.

Usually it's just enough of an awareness that I'm dreaming, and to make a choice to end it. Sometimes, it's full control. And sometimes it starts out as fully in control, then I completely lose control, end up dying but not able to wake up, and then wake into sleep paralysis! :D

latina mortua lingua est // ud mortua ud ea possit
prima meas ancestras necavit // et nunc me necat

Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:02 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I just had a dream two nights ago that was full control and it was kinda wierd cuz I was at a anime con and every one was kidnaped and most of then just thought it was a free motel but I knew we were kidnaped and I convinced one other person ( it reel eazy I just told her and she knew. she had cat ears I think. ya I know way to much anime for me ) and we got everyone out and then they where all mad at us so we locked them all up and turned them into anime people. mwahaha. ya kinda wierd as I said in the start but it was full control and was kinda fun.

3DS FC: 0104-0278-1948

deviantART wrote:
Vectors-R-US:
They do it to trigger fan-fictions. Fur da lulz. Cuz you know how those fan stories can get... *shudders*

VladimirMacHolzraum:
So the writers put things in the show just so they can read our screwed-up fanfics? That explains everything

Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:38 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Jigglypuff wrote:
My dreams are pretty much always lucid. Unfortunately, I have a hard time remembering them lately.

Usually it's just enough of an awareness that I'm dreaming, and to make a choice to end it. Sometimes, it's full control. And sometimes it starts out as fully in control, then I completely lose control, end up dying but not able to wake up, and then wake into sleep paralysis! :D

Sorry to hear that Jiggz. There's nothing worse than a natural lucid dreamer who loses their touch. :(

If anybody cares, I have an account on Dream Views. I only joined there a little bit ago, and my user name is Twisty.

Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:45 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I mastered sleeping with my eyes open (just go into a trance before you fall asleep, just be sure not to break the trance) a year ago and I learned it isn't something you want to do. Lucid dreaming helps ease the pain, though. What happened in this dream was that there was a zombie vampire that was terrorizing a town and long story short, my friends mother released the damn thing after we killed it. Then the ****ed dreams came. A few weeks later, I had dream about this temple that had this green smoke that had the locals freaking out. So we raid the temple. Went in with twenty and by the eleventh death I realized I was dreaming, and got a tacticul nuke, and I said "Cant haunt a temple if there isn't any left to haunt" or something like that. The remaining five us got out of the blast zone and skidoosh, good bye temple!
Man, I love lucid dreaming!

Goodbye
"

Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:56 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I finally had my first lucid dream two days ago, and it was about fifteen minutes long! It was incredible! Everything was so realistic. Out of the blue, I had just been all like, "This dream has a pretty good plot, but underdeveloped characters." Then BAM! DILD! I rubbed my hands to stabilize the dream, then went off too explore. I found a river, and it looked pretty small, but I dived in, and explored it a bit. It was still sort of tiny, so I decided to go looking for the ocean. But then I randomly was in a house, so I decided to use the spinning technique to teleport me to the ocean. At first, I didn't think it had worked, but I looked out the window, and a random sea had appeared! I pushed open the window and ran to it, but the world faded and I woke up. :( But it was still incredible!

And the very next night, I had a semi-lucid! I was looking for the ocean again (I'm still not entirely sure why I'm looking for it though! XD) but was stopped by a lawyer. Stupid DCs! I will master you yet! :twisted:

I'll post in later with any new dreams I have, lucid or not.

G'night everybody! ;)

Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:07 pm
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

I can daydream, but I was never able to lucid dream at all.

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:50 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Well since I got a new ps2 for christmas, I've been playing a lot of MoH. And I knew the dreams will come back. I had a dream where I was in MoH, and I can't remember all of it, because I was lucid. This kind of dream is very easy to realize but hard to wake up from. This is also when you realize you are addicted to something.

Goodbye
"

Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:10 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Well, my beloved lucid dreaming site Dream Views has been hacked. About ten days ago, a group of Russian hackers infiltrated the site and stole a copy of it. They now have access to the accounts and possible emails of every single member in the history of the site. Just two days ago, they completely rerouted the site, taking it over and saying that the owner Alex, had sold it to them, all written in very broken English. This set members into a frenzy. People began to frantically warn others of the takeover of the site, spamming topics with warnings of the takeover and urging people to change their passwords. As mods and long-time users became banned for spreading the truth, people have had to resort to using secret codes in their messages to avoid banishment. Registration to the site is now impossible, as people have been creating multiple accounts after they've been banned. I was warned via pm by my friend Alzaryin, who has been one of the leading fighters in the cause. I only got in a couple of posts before I was banned as well. With no separate accounts, I am no longer able to even access the site. The original site has been partly recovered, and members are regrouping there, telling their stories about the hack and planning on how to warn people who haven't already gotten the message. Alzaryin was able to make eleven accounts before the registration closing, and has five un-banned ones left. I just don't know if the site will ever recover from it, and what lies in the future for all of the members. And now with Psypokes all messed up, I fear for its safety as well.

Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:24 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

[Russian Accent] Yes, Yes. Here in Mother Russia, we hack everything. Eetz called communism (whats left of it), get used to it, you capitalist :censored:.[/Russian Accent]
Heh heh. Maybe we should send our spambots that we are constantly reporting there. They might help. Damn Russians. Always P. O.-ed at us because we won the Cold War, :censored:ezzzzz!
Anyways, Lucidity actually kept me awake recently. I was sleeping with my eyes open, and realized that I was moving (apparently you dont have to be dreaming) and I woke up. But I was sitting next to my friend who never shuts up while on a bus. So, lucidity, I haveone question for you. Why?

Goodbye
"

Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:51 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

What? No no no no, really, what?

That was so unfunny and so off the obvious target of being so offensive that it isn't, that it shoots back around and plummets into offensive again. I'm offended that I read it and none of my genes are even Russian.

You have earned a Seel of Disapproval. Here he is.

Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:04 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Well, as you are not russian, I have a heritage that is Russian-German mixed. I give my post a {seel} of approval!

Goodbye
"

Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:54 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Um guys, this is rather serious...

Anyway, I'm sorry that this happened to your website. I'm not sure if I can help at all, but you could try contacting a company or administrator, like (maybe) the police, but I'm not sure if that would help. But I hope that the website goes back to normal and the **** **** hackers will either face justice or get a life. I still can't help but wonder: what would russian hackers want with a website about dreaming?

Either way, this MUST not happen to Psypoke. Because I would not like to have to join a site like S-e-r-e-b-i-i or Smogon.

Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:04 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Thanks for your concern Shuckle. And yeah, the (real) owner of the site, Alex, is seeking legal action.

The reason they wanted to hack the site was to get access to the users' e-mails and passwords. They can use them for their own benefits, or sell them to other hackers. They probably chose DV because of how many members it has there. When it was normal, I'd leave the site for ten minutes, and there would be a whole new page of posts.

Until then, I'll just have to post on Psypokes more often. A real shame, I know. :(

Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:06 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Sleeping pills give me very long, lucid dreams. The most recent one I can remember was one I had with a member from this site. I've actually had quite a few of those with people from here (even pelligargetic, whom I've never met). The ones I can remember best are nightmares, ones where I'm physically attacked or attack others, or sexual dreams (which I hear not everyone has). The two worst nightmares I've ever had occurred the same night.

Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:28 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Skeleton wrote:
I love nightmares. Makes me appreciate reality so much more. Waking to the relief that terrible events have been magically erased... it's a good feeling.

I've had at least one lucid dream. I was with my friend John and two copies of Wind Waker Link, one with the traditional green clothes and one with the orange and blue clothes he wore prior to the game. We were in this abandoned amusement park with buildings styled like the old west so it was essentially a standard ghost town. The four of us walked into a pub and the Links immediately started breaking stuff for the fun of it, and I experienced some sort of deja vu that snapped me into realizing it was a dream.

I said to John, "You know I got the strangest feeling that I had a dream exactly like this one before..." but then I stopped and said no more, knowing he would forget everything I said because it was just a dream.

I don't really know how true the "you can do anything and experience whatever you want to imagine" part is, for everybody. As far as I can remember, I had no control over what was going on around me, I just knew none of it was real and that I was actually asleep.

The opposite used to happen when I was seven years old--I used to sleepwalk. I don't know why, and it hasn't happened in twelve years.

I appreciate nightmares aswell, makes us stay on our toes, makes me appreciate being in the world that im in now. Also i love scary movies and its like a free scary movie.
I too have Lucid dreaming. I cant recall the last time because it was quite awhile ago...

Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:26 am
Profile YIM WWW
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I'm actually terrified to try lucid dreaming because I've heard you can get stuck in sleep paralysis, a thought that makes it difficult for me to go to sleep at night.

Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:09 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Sleep paralysis is the most terrifying thing I've ever experienced, but it's brief, and you don't think about it after you wake up. I have it often, because I have a tendency to sleep with my eyes open during light naps, and they're really awful, but at the same time, incredibly short. I'd say that because I'm a "light sleeper" though, that I do have a lot of lucid, memorable dreams.

Dreams; what they're about, how often you have them, and why, are entirely person to person. Everyone has them every night, but not everyone has lucid dreams. Maybe we remember none; maybe we remember a few parts; or maybe we even remember specific colors, smells, and tastes. Believe it or not, not every has a flying dream, not everyone has memorable nightmares, and not everyone has sexual dreams. Some people sleep more soundly, some people don't.

Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:32 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I can haz quoting now?
Hashbrown wrote:
I'm actually terrified to try lucid dreaming because I've heard you can get stuck in sleep paralysis, a thought that makes it difficult for me to go to sleep at night.

I'mma call PORBS on this one. No, you have to sleep with your eyes open in order to get it, a feat that is extremely hard to do in itself. Yes, I've experienced it before. And yes, it was an odd, but fun, sensation. For me, that is.
DatVu wrote:
I have it often, because I have a tendency to sleep with my eyes open.

So you can sleep with your eyes open too, huh?
And I thought I was the only one on this site who can. Or can you only do it for napping?

Goodbye
"

Last edited by Haunted Water on Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:48 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I got stuck in SP once. I was attempting a WILD, but never actually got into the dream from the paralysis.

*facepalm*

Also, Dreamviews is back up, and fully functional again, which is great!

Thu Mar 15, 2012 5:02 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

That's great! Well, except the first part. That must've sucked. (Guy in background: Bummer!)
Say, I might actually sign up for that site. That way I'm not haunting the users of Psypoke that much anymore and can instead haunt those users.

Goodbye
"

Last edited by Haunted Water on Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:56 pm
Reply to topic   [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next