Gen 2: Johto-Gold, Silver, Crystal, Heart Gold, Soul Silver
Gen 3: Hoenn-Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald
Gen 4: Sinnoh-Pearl, Diamond, Platinum
Gen 5: Unova-Black White
Which is better?

Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:01 pm
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

FireRed/LeafGreen are Generation 3, and HeartGold/SoulSilver are Generation 4. The generations are based by what consoles they're on, order of release date, and compatibility. You should probably fix that.

There really is no definite answer to which is "best"; most of it is opinion. However, I will say that Emerald was one of the greatest main series games that was made, and I'm sure several people agree with me. It was basically a tour de force of Pokemon's amazingness on the GBA, and it made R/S look like garbage. Emerald's going to forever remain my favorite game.

I do have a soft spot for Black and Blue versions (no pun intended) as well, though.

Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:02 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I'm basing Generations off of the leagues. Fire Red and Leaf Green is technically a Gen 1 game since it's just a remake of Blue/Red...

Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:12 pm
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

NathanB. wrote:
I'm basing Generations off of the leagues. Fire Red and Leaf Green is technically a Gen 1 game since it's just a remake of Blue/Red...

That isn't the standard used to determine generations, though. The standard is:
DNA wrote:
The generations are based by what consoles they're on, order of release date, and compatibility.

FR/LG run with the same engine, console, and compatibility as R/S/E; thus, FR/LG are Generation 3 games.

Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:59 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

And again, I state, I'M basing the generations off of the leagues. Stop being a technical :censored: and stop finding SOMETHING to correct me on, I mean do you seriously have that much time on your hands? To sit around finding the smallest things wrong with what I say must be sooooo rewarding for you. What have I ever done to you? You don't like what I say in my post then stop reading them. That simple.
:censored: :censored: :censored:

Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:09 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

NathanB. wrote:
And again, I state, I'M basing the generations off of the leagues. Stop being a technical :censored: and stop finding SOMETHING to correct me on, I mean do you seriously have that much time on your hands? To sit around finding the smallest things wrong with what I say must be sooooo rewarding for you. What have I ever done to you? You don't like what I say in my post then stop reading them. That simple.
:censored: :censored: :censored:

Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:50 pm
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

>implying that I'm trying to flame you
>seeing you get angry
>facepalm

I'm not trying to debase you. I'm just telling it like it is - that's how the generations are numbered. Remakes are heavily based off their predecessors, but they aren't the same game, and they're different enough to warrant being placed in a different generation.

And I think you overlooked my original response - I pointed out your mistake, but then I went right on to answer the question. Obviously I do have better things to do than to do naught more than be picky, and I'm not trying to start an argument.

The main reason I tell you this is so you'll know better for next time, that's all. Trying to help people out is my job - it's volunteer, it's sometimes thankless, and occasionally met with opposition - but I wouldn't have it any other way.

...Anyone else is free to reply to this topic, not just me, guys...

@EvilPenguin: oh you

Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:52 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

DNA wrote:
FireRed/LeafGreen are Generation 3, and HeartGold/SoulSilver are Generation 4. The generations are based by what consoles they're on, order of release date, and compatibility.

Aside from that, there are Gen II and III pokemon available in FR/LG, and so they are third gen. If the other generations weren't available in those games then yeah it could be considered Gen I, but that isn't the case. Same for HG/SS.

Regardless, I really liked Generation IV (not so much the gameplay of dppt, but the pokemon), I love the pokemon that came out for that generation. Plus I enjoyed the remake of Silver/Gold.

Wed Feb 22, 2012 9:45 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]