It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:47 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 PokeDex Apps Disappeared? 
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Hey, did anyone else notice about two weeks ago all the free iPhone apps that work as a Pokedex disappeared from the app store? I synced (sunk?) my iPhone and the apps were all gone, I had a folder full of twelve apps, some of which I paid for, and they were all just gone from my iPhone and computer. I looked on the app store for them and can't find any. It's been two weeks and there are still none. I live in Australia, I'm with Telstra, none of my other apps have disappeared.

I can't help but think what it could mean... maybe they're working on an official pokedex app? Wasn't there a news article a while back about a Pokemon iPhone app?

But has this even happened to anyone else? My phone company say there is nothing wrong with my iPhone or computer or connection to the app store.

www.youtube.com/ThePlastikOne

www.youtube.com/PsychesEntertainment

Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:24 am
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

I remember reading something like this on Bulbapedia sometime last year.

Thing is, there was actually a lot of legal pressure in regards to these apps, since they were basically accessing a site's database independently of an Internet browser and pulling it up free of charge. The creators of several of these apps received cease-and-desist notices from Nintendo (basically saying take these off the market or you'll be in a lot of trouble).

It indirectly pressured Nintendo to make a Pokedex "app" of its own, which we know as Pokedex 3D.

I've included a few links below for your perusal if you want to learn more. The first one is an article; the second is an editorial and quite a lengthy read.

http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/A ... ia_license
http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/L ... p_for_that

Source: Bulbanews

Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:13 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Thankyou, this answers all my questions :)

www.youtube.com/ThePlastikOne

www.youtube.com/PsychesEntertainment

Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:30 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I haven't got any Pokedex apps on my phone, but one of the things I do when I'm bored is that I'm on the lookout for cool new apps to test and try out. A few days ago on the top 25 games section there was "Pokemon Yellow" in 2nd place, selling for 99 cents. Checking out the description, whoever placed it on the App Store was claiming that it was the legit full version, and even included screenshots to prove it.

I was skeptical enough to not try this one out, seeing as it wasn't even released by Nintendo, and upon reading the reviews for it I'm really glad I abstained. Quite a large number of people had downloaded this anyway, and there were a barrage of complaints on the reviews page, some of which were pretty funny to read. Apparently it was just an icon and wouldn't even open.

I don't know if the two situations are related, but I checked back again and the "game" has been yanked from the App Store, along with a bunch of other Pokemon related apps. Maybe a correlation?

If not, and DNA has explained the real reason oh well I wanted to share this anyway. :D

Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:20 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]