It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:36 pm

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ] 
 Bullying 
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Ok. So I was gone for a week. Why? It all started on the 10th. There was a party and one of my friends finally got over dumping her bf. So, anyways, were at this party and her ex and his friend who acts like a tool 24/7 are there. They know that she is there, and when I walk away for two minutes to go get us some sodas. I come back, and she was screaming at them. I tried to step in, but Mr. Douchebag pushed me back and said some things that I dont ever want to be called in my life. One of which is that four letter word that any woman doesnt want to be called. So after 2 hours of going at it, we left. I told her not to worry about it because she was under a lot of stress from other problems. On the 11th, she filed a complaint with the police, stating that her ex violated her. On the 12th, she starts getting texts from him and his ffriends, which then become prank calls. She opened up to me by texting me and calling me. When I woke up on the 13th, I turned on my phone. It started vibrating like crazy. When it was done, it said 20 New Messages, 2 Missed Calls, and 1 Voicemail. By thhe time I got to the 19th text, I didnt want to look at the last one. But temptation won. I read it, then I listened to the voicemail. Justice was done to those who bullied her to the point of suicide. My phone, her phone, and their phones were confiscated as evidence. I know that not much people know me on this site, but I have nowhere else to go. The counselers at school wont see me. My parents dont know how I feel. So, I guess this is my only way to vent. I dont care if you post a reply or not, I just needed to get it out there.

Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:28 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

I don't understand why the counselors at school wouldn't see you for this, this is really very serious, and I think most people would be scared for you and anyone involved. Unless your relationship with your parents is abysmal, please tell them. Actually tell any non-involved adult that you trust, please. You need help, perspective, anything. I'm glad you were able to vent, and that's a good first step, but the only thing else I or anyone else can do for you is to go a step further. I can't fathom you being able to handle this on your own, and even if we use the term handle loosely, I still don't think you'll be okay without help. Good luck, and send me a PM if you need to talk more (I can't promise full availability, as I am a college student, but I will do my best).

Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:26 pm
Psypoke Legend
Psypoke Legend

I'm sorry to hear that. It must be difficult for you to share something so close to your heart with, effectively, strangers like us, and I'm encouraged by your emotional strength in doing so. Venting, when you are ready to do so, is a good means of releasing negative emotion and helps prevent post-traumatic stress disorder. Please feel free to vent further, you are most welcome to do so on this forum.

Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:32 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

That really sucks.

Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:44 pm
Profile WWW
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

If you want to talk to a counselor and you live in Canada, you can always call Kids Help Phone 1 800 668 6868, they will listen. From what I gather from #psypoke there is no such kids help line in America but since it is a 1-800 number you may be able to call from America toll free if you live there (not sure about this, though). You can also post something online here http://www.kidshelpphone.ca/Teens/AskUsOnline.aspx but apparently it can take up to 8 days for a counselor to reply.

I am not sure what else to tell you. At the very least you have my sympathy.

Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:59 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Why didnt you tell me about this? Omg I'm so sorry. I know you can pull through with this. You are a very strong girl and you have to fight this. I'm here for you if you need me. I'm not good at this kind of stuff, but I tried.

P. S.: @Skeleton: I lol'd at your post. Just because everyone is coming to her aid and then you practically said it a bit to straight forward with just three words.

Goodbye
"

Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:59 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

@TK: No, my relationship with my parents is good, eventhough I'm in the process of becoming an emancipated minor. Its just that they dont know how much of an impact on my life right now.
@Cherrygrove: I live nearby Canada, but not in it. Eastern thumb of Michigan. So I dont think itll help much.
You might be wondering why I'm posting this early (It's 2:15am my time). Its because of sleep deprivation. TK, I might already have some form of ptsd. Keep in mind this happened almost two weeks ago. The events that happened in the wake of her death couldnt have been any worse, I guess.

Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:18 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I wasn't trying to be funny. It does really suck. I care. I care about people. If I didn't I wouldn't try making them laugh under normal circumstances.

Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:48 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I know you werent trying to be funny. It was just unexpected. I have... Odd, I guess... Methods of coping with shocking news.

Goodbye
"

Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:36 am
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

There isn't anything wrong with being straightforward about it. Plus, something like this can't really be shrugged off, either.

When I saw this topic, I genuinely had no idea how to respond (and, to an extent, I still don't); what you are currently going through must be nigh unbearable. Yet at the very least you did come here to share what's going on, and that's a good thing - venting out problems to others is good.

I don't know how much we're able to help, but most of us are here for whatever support you might need; you're not alone by any means.
...That's all I can think of to say right now.

Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:16 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

When I was a little younger than you I was nearly bullied to death myself, so when I read about stuff like this I always ":/" because I know exactly how it feels. I wish kids would stop this ****, it's just not fair. I'm in my mid 20s now and I can put all the bullying behind me, but it still sticks around in my mind. I was brave enough to ride it out and survive, I am very sorry to hear your friend cracked. I hope you can find strength to overcome the grief, I've never been in your position before where a close friend committed suicide so I can only imagine what you're going through.

Keep your head up - we'll always be here for you.

Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:41 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I'm incredibly sorry about this. I can't fathom your pain, but I can understand it a little. My friend once tried to commit suicide over bullying, she failed because her mother walked in at the last minute. Find someone that you can talk to, even if it is through the internet. Things may seem dark now but they will get better.

Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:55 am
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

If everyone took antidepressants, tragic stuff like this wouldn't happen nearly as often. I know someone who problably would have killed himself many times over had he not been taking them.

PS: Don't be a bully. Or Yeti will find you.

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:49 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

If everyone took antidepressants, that in itself would be depressing!

Thu Feb 23, 2012 9:53 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

You could always call a suicide hotline, even if you're not suicidal yourself. I'm not really knowledgeable about this, but I would assume that they can help in a situation like this.

Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:11 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Thanks to you all for your support. I finally was able to get a counselor to talk. The reason why they wouldnt help was because she was from another school district. I knew her as a long time friend and she moved to another school district, so there wasnt a counselor who had any jurisdiction. I'm going to rehab since I have been diagnosed with PTSD. Although everyone treats me like a kid there because of what happened. Sympathy can be a bad thing sometimes.

Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:37 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Glad to hear that! I hope you make a full recovery from your PTSD! I can speak from experenience when I say the earlier you seek help for PTSD, the faster it goes away and stays away. I learned this the hard way, though.

Goodbye
"

Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:15 pm
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

Well, there is a difference between sympathizing with someone and treating one differently due to a circumstance. From what it sounds like, I think you're experiencing both - yes, they are concerned about you, but they're also babying (?) you because of the PTSD. That can be a good thing or a bad thing depending on how it's taken, yes.

That doesn't mean they don't genuinely care about you, though - yeah they might treat you like a child, but there are still people there for you. I certainly hope that everything goes well for you both now and in the future, wherever you may be.

Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:25 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Well, I'm not fully cured, but I'm close enough to the point that I wont kill someone if the PTSD acts up. Also, I had to quit out of the clinic due to emancipation, which, believe me, would've added more stress. But, I'm fine now.
And that is all that matters to me at this moment.

Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:58 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Glad to hear that you recovered! Kudos to you, Tia! You made it through this mess. I'm sure you'll keep amazing me and othere that you know frequently!

Goodbye
"

Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:48 pm
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

Oh, good, an update. I was wondering how you'd been doing; I'm glad to hear that you've progressed up to this point. I certainly hope things continue to get better for you from here on out.

Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:16 pm
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]