Cyndaquil 32%  32%  [ 6 ]
Torchic 5%  5%  [ 1 ]
Chimchar 11%  11%  [ 2 ]
Tepig 5%  5%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 19

Which fire starter was best? 
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Charmander, Cyndaquil, Torchic, Chimchar, or Tepig? Being a classic gamer, I prefer Charmander because it turns into the king of Pokemon, Charizard. Lol I also enjoyed Cyndaquil. Which did you prefer?

Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:22 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Cyndaquil was always my bro but his movepool and base stats are less than perfect. Well, until HGSS, where you can set up quite a god of Typhlosions with Sunny Day, Flamethrower/Eruption, Extrasensory, Solarbeam... as a matter of fact when I did that I named him after Helios and he does not disappoint.

Charizard and I go way back. But we don't go way forward, thanks to Stealth Rock. I hate you stealth rock Game Freak what were you THINKING

I like Torchic and Combusken, but I don't like Blaziken so much. It looks almost inorganic, closer to a Digimon or a Palkia or something... But Combusken can't ice its cake of a moveset with Earthquake unless it evolves. Life ain't fair!

I do not like Chimchar or its associates.

Tepig is neat but still a let-down. "Fire/Fighting AGAIN!? WHY!" Right? Am I right? Ladies, am I right? Even though I didn't ever have a Chimchar, I feel this way. I'm sure I've said this before, but I was really hoping it would gain the Electric type when it evolved, and would have a Tesla coil for a tail. Growing up to become Ganon isn't so bad though.

So, all things considered... Cyndaquil. Yeh boyee.

Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:45 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

I agree 100 percent! Blazikin isn't worth my time. I hate the fire/ground. Cant stand it. Typlosion and Charizard are a tie for me.

Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:16 pm
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

Fire/Ground? I wasn't aware Camerupt was a starter Pokemon.

Most of what is considered the best is opinion. If you want to look at an overall standpoint from usefulness and all that, Blaziken and Infernape are by far the most useful. Typhlosion definitely does have his niche in Eruption, though, and Emboar's pretty sturdy. Charizard's just awful, though; the advent of Stealth Rock made him useless.

As for my favorite? My first game was Gold and Cyndaquil was my best starter, so I have fond memories of Typhlosion. However, as far as battling purposes go, I'd pick Blaziken any day.

Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:59 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Charizard was definitely not garbage. I could own a Blastoise 15 levels above my Charizard in Blue/Red. Blazikin could not beat him. In the anime Charizard beat Gary's Blastoise. I don't think Blazikin could do that.

Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:18 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

IN the gaaaaaaaaaaaames................... a Blaziken would probably have better odds for beating a Blastoise than a Charizard. STAB Fighting moves would do more for it than STAB Flying moves would for Charizard, given their base stats... Blastoise can pack Rock moves and could potentially have the Attack to back it up, which would destroy Charizard way more than the Water moves would. Both can use Solarbeam, and while most Blaziken would be trained to use physical attacks instead of special, Blaziken DOES have better potential in Special Attack than Charizard does... by one point.

Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:31 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Lol I don't care what none of you say, I'm a Charizard fan! King Charizard!! The badest Pokemon there is ;)

Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:42 pm
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

If you don't care what none of us say, that means you do care about what we say. Your sentence was a double negative.

In addition, the anime does not follow logic. A Charizard would not be able to beat a Blastoise in a 1-on-1; it's just massively outclassed. Blaziken...he probably could. It'd be difficult since he has the inherent Water weakness, but he's got other things like Hi Jump Kick and such at his disposal. Any attack fired from a Blaziken will HURT.

Also, this is the baddest Pokemon ever.

Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:59 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Hey :censored: I'm from the south. That's how we talk where I come from. "Your sentence is a double-negative." Oh. Cool. We have the English Police over here. Stop finding little things to correct people on, and let me talk how I talk. Kay? Do you understand? Good. :censored:

Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:17 pm
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

I'm also from the South.

It's still a double-negative.

Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:00 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Mississippi. Deep south. Where I come from. "I"!

Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:02 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

NathanB. wrote:
Hey :censored: I'm from the south. That's how we talk where I come from. "Your sentence is a double-negative." Oh. Cool. We have the English Police over here. Stop finding little things to correct people on, and let me talk how I talk. Kay? Do you understand? Good. :censored:

NathanB. wrote:
Mississippi. Deep south. Where I come from. "I"!

Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:06 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:34 pm
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

Are you seriously starting a grammar debate, Nathan? You derail pretty fast.

Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:31 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:55 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Away from Nathan's issues (this is one of, like, three threads where its like this) and back on topic. One that has only been mentioned once (Tepig) is certainly great. In Unova, it can beat (fully evolved) Lenora, Burgh, Brycen, and Grimsley. It can also do a number on Skyla's and Alder's teams. But, yes, {cyndaquil} and {charmander} are equally good.

Goodbye
"

Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:12 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I agree to disagree, to some extent. Cyndaquil will always conquer!

Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:53 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Location: (Well the location of my face) Infront of the D.S screen of course!
Yeah {cyndaquil} does rule. But I like Infernape a lot. Very hard choice... :frustrated: Typlosin is a pretty bad a-- pokemon

Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:56 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

In order for ME anyways:
1. {charmander}
2. {cyndaquil}
3. {chimchar}
4. {tepig}
This is just my favourite, not based stat wise.

Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:06 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

Charmander's line is overrated, but it's still my favorite. He has the same base stats as Cyndaquil, but with an extra STAB and bigger movepool. Plus, he gets Metal Claw to PWN rock types early game, and Iron Tail via TM later. And, he flies you places.

Oh, and my fave starter ever is Mudkip.

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:03 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

It's a tie for me with Charizard and Blaziken. Charizard is basically the undisputed champion of starters (99.999999% of the time) and then there's Blaziken. I don't get why everyone hates him! He's way better than the other Hoenn starters, he learns a bunch of epic moves naturally, and he looks plain awesome. All around, he's pwnage! I dun get it. :cry:

sad but rad

Sat Apr 07, 2012 1:58 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

i gonna go with cyndaquil, he is a beast of a starter. so what if he's weak against ground and water thts why i have a wie variety type team.

Mon May 14, 2012 8:25 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Mines Chimchar simply due to i like Monkeys :mrgreen:

Edit - Also Chimchar is the only Fire type starter i actually pick over the same generations Water type starter

Global Pokedex Team

ImageImageImage

Sun May 27, 2012 11:25 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

LOOK GUYS TEPIG IS MY FAVORITE STARTER POKEMON EMBOAR CAN BEAT ALL STARTERS POKEMON EXCEPT CHARIZARD BUT AFTER THAT HE IS THE BEAST OK

1)Tepig :twisted:

2)Charmender :x

3)Cyndaquil 8-)

4)Chimchar :)

5)Torchic :censored: :frustrated: :violin:

Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:00 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Abner wrote:
LOOK GUYS TEPIG IS MY FAVORITE STARTER POKEMON EMBOAR CAN BEAT ALL STARTERS POKEMON EXCEPT CHARIZARD BUT AFTER THAT HE IS THE BEAST OK

1)Tepig :twisted:

2)Charmender :x

3)Cyndaquil 8-)

4)Chimchar :)

5)Torchic :censored: :frustrated: :violin:

HEY! DO YOU LIKE YELLING? 'CUZ I LIKE YELLING! WHILE WE ARE YELLING, I WANT TO TELL YOU THAT SAMUROTT IS THE BEST STARTER OF ALL-TIME IMO! I WOULD COMPARE STATS AND WHATNOT, BUT I JUST DONT CARE! SAMUROTT EATS EMBOARS FOR BREAKFAST WITH A SIDE OF BACON!

Goodbye
"

Last edited by Haunted Water on Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:16 am
Reply to topic   [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next