It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:37 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 CHALLENGE: What's your sales pitch?? 
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

So, here's the deal. I am a die hard fan of the original Pokemon Gold, Silver and Crystal Versions, and I have never played a Pokemon game on a Nintendo DS. How would you try to convince me to buy and play Heart Gold and Soul Silver? What is so much better about these remakes that I should spend over a hundred bucks to play them? What's your sales pitch??

Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:23 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

What can I say? So, I really like the Original Versions, but HeartGold and Soul Silver are excellent games to play.

First of all you can access Safari Zone, and catch some Pokémon that are available only late in the Originals, like Larvitar and Misdreavus.
- You have more moves, expanding your strategy;
- Legendary Birds and Mewtwo are available;
- Easier to catch the Legendary Beasts;
- The Elite Four is harder;
- Gym Leader and Elite Four rematch with stronger Pokémon;
- More Pokémon;
- With new evolutions you can use Pokémon that was weak in the Original ones, like Togetic, Yanma, Gligar, Piloswine...
- On the Bug-Catching Contest, you may win every Evolutionary Stone;
- More Berries...

But there are things I missed, like you can't evolve Eevee into Glaceon or Leafeon, Magneton into Magnezone, and Nosepass into Probopass.

I don't know what more I can say. But it's a excellent game to play. Also, you can play it in a emulator before buying it.

"

Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:52 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

If you ever want to play G/S/C again, don't. Play HG/SS instead. They're better.

You know how you always wanted to give your Hitmonchan Fire Punch, Ice Punch, and Thunderpunch, but when you actually had him use those, they were terribly weak?

You know how in Generation 2 Kanto was like the tiny, run-down carnival version of what it originally was?

You know how you always used to be running out of room in your bag for items and how crazy it used to drive you?

You know how you could never really change the clock in G/S/C unless you started a new game?

You know how Blue swore that one day you would have a rematch with him and never followed through?

You know how there wasn't a double battle with you and Silver against Clair and Lance?

You know how you couldn't run?

You know how you never used the Itemfinder because it was too much of a hassle?

They fixed all of those things.

Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:04 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]