Charmander 33%  33%  [ 46 ]
Squirtle 33%  33%  [ 47 ]
Pikachu 16%  16%  [ 23 ]
Total votes : 141

Whats your favorite R/B/Y starter? 
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

{squirtle} FTW
But I started with {charmander} because I love fire types and nearly always start with them, there are gajillions of water types to catch but only a select few fire types.

xox

Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:24 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

charamander(this book says)is for the people with the most expierince and the squirte,then bulbasaur.thats wehy i picked charamander

mmiller@acsol.net

Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:06 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Squirtle is a beast. And as a small child, I thought since I had Blue, I was supposed to pick Squirtle. Good thing my stupidity lead me to my undeniable love for this adorable turtle AND HIS BEASTLY PRETTY-MUCH-BIONIC BROTHER BLASTOISE, and the Squirtle Squad :D

Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:52 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Ah crap I love them all! The first and second generations are boss!
**** I just can't pick, sorry.

Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:24 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

{squirtle} , {squirtle} , and {squirtle} . I love the TinyTurtle Pokemon! He's cute, has really good defenses for a NFE, and his final evolution, {blastoise} , has the best moves I've ever used! (Surf, Hydro Pump, Hydro Cannon, Skull Bash) I know, some might laugh at me for having these moves in LG, but that's just me. Even with Red, I chose {squirtle} , and ended with Surf, Water Gun, something, and something else. (I can't remember, as I lost Red a long, long time ago...)

Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:32 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

{squirtle} was my first starter cos me and my sis was competing and I had Blue while she had Red. And thanks to Blue's picture , I thought Squirtle was the best so I picked it.

- {blastoise} is definitely one of my favourite final stages of any Water Starter to date.
- {charizard} is also my favourite fire starter and is definitely pwnage. [ YES , HIS OVERATED ]
- {venusaur} is definitely NOT my favourite grass starter. But {bulbasaur} is fine to me.

Winner : {squirtle} / {charmander}

Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:26 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

During my first play through I picked Charmander because Charizard was just cool. It was like a Dragon and as a child I thought Dragon = coolness. I never picked Squirtle simply because I never had a fondness of turtles. Today, I still don't but I do have a lot more respect for water types. I like Bulbasaur the most as grass types just grew on me over the years. I realized just how tactical they really are and that tactics are more reliable than just brute force, which fire Poke'Mon are to me. Water Poke'Mon just seem mid-way. More balanced.

So, Bulbasaur. Definitely.

Created unique Trainers? Gym Leaders? Elite 4 members or Champions? Show them off here!

Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:24 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Bulbasaur is surely , a great starter for begginers . But my favourite go along more based on designs . Venusaur just doen't grow on me . Neither does Meganium .

But Sceptile sure does . {sceptile}

Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:06 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Well I had no answer until I just thought about my team in yellow right now, and looking at where they are level 50-60ish, I like my Blastoise the best. Surf, Ice Beam, Skullbash, and Bite. I'm pretty sure my Charizard has Flamethrower, Fireblast, Slash, and Fly. To me having Flamethrower AND Fireblast just seems kind of pointless. Then I think Venasaur is using Leech Seed, Poisonpower, Razor Leaf, and Tackle; I would really like that if pokemon was more like other turn-based games, but the way pokemon just get KO'd and swapped out so quickly, the incredible draining power of leech seed and poisonpowder isn't worth the two turn set up unless you're up against a really high HP opponent.

And I don't count Pikachu as a real starter anyway. So all in all, I love my starters, but at least in Yellow, I like Blastoise the best.

Sapphire: Blaziken Sololocke (heading for Wattson)
Platinum: Regular (preparing for Candice, grinding up my new Glaceon)
Soulsilver: Regular (exploring Kanto and fighting random trainers to gain some levels to then fly around and take on all the gyms super quickly)
White: Regular (post-game crap, not doing much currently, because most of the post game content is battles that I'm not ready for and stuff that requires HMs I don't want to use)

Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:36 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Charmander is nice but left me in trouble vs. brock pikachu and charmander and I still won not very easily but i won. no don't get temporary pokemon in R/B/Y
I don't care, I don't catch what I don't need. Pikachu a trouble vs. brock b it does not evolve. I did not like bulbasaur the times I chose it after the 1st
So that leaves squirtle and the wonderful time I have with it going through the game {squirtle} and its evolved forms always take what ever hit they can

Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:58 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Charmander FTW. Although i was always abit dissapointed that there wasn't another RBY game where one could pick eevee as a starter.. that would have been cool :geek:

Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:56 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Charzard, hands down. (Or I'd have to just say 'Charmander' in this case.)

Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:41 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

C'mon guys. HELLO!!! Have you seen what Charmander turns into!? I used to beat Blastoise with my overpowered Charizard. Even in the anime Charizards a beast. He beat Gary's Blastoise. Went one on one with a Dragonite. Charmander could beat Brock's Onix in the games with Ember. Charmander all the way.

Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:10 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

How about a Lv. 75 Blastoise with Seismic Toss, Surf, Hydro Pump, and Skull Bash? And that was before I faced the Elite Four in Blue. S**k it!

Goodbye
"

Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:38 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I like every Kanto starter. And I think this is the only region that I like every starter. But I prefer Squirtle because it's a Water-type Pokémon.

"

Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:55 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I still have my very first charmander, hes now a lvl 100 charizard.

Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:44 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Reply to topic   [ 116 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5