It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:01 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Decent Grass Type that can Learn a Good Ground Type Move??? 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Location: Being Screwed over and over again by Luck, Fate or Destiny Oh and lets not forget the HUGE ONE KARMA
So I was wondering if there was a good grass type that could learn a ground type move thats powerful...
Heres the problem on my heartgold My team consists of this
Talora the Totodile
Valentina the Vulpix
Maera the Ampharos
Teuthras the Togetic
Elazar the Vaporeon
and whatever pokemon I need at the time...

All of them are around 35 and My whole team
just about wiped from a lv 23 {electrode} :shock:

I need a way to fix this...
I have access to Platinum and SoulSilver
EDIT: Apparently My team is very weak against a Meganium that knows Petal Dance... :frustrated:

I am the Breeding Queen of Chikorita's if you want one, PM me with offers!
Well in that case I am a all around general Breeding Queen so if you have a pokemon that you want breed I'm the girl to talk to! Sadly My Pearl is gone but i will leave it in case it comes back!!
If I am rude ignore it I have a bad day, a bad week or even a bad month... or you have just made me VERY angry either that or BiPolar/ADHD has struck again and I'm Sorry very much maybe.
If I am overly excitable, happy, etc. Ignore it It's just that Karma has decided to be nice for once or Bipolar/ADHD has struck again.

Last edited by AMarillNamedMana on Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:57 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Torterra is half ground-type, so would be able to get Earthquake and get STAB from it. That's easily your best option... most other grass-types are better made for special moves, while Torterra's attack greatly outclasses its special attack and its movepool is packed with nice physical moves, Earthquake being one that it learns by leveling up

Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:19 pm
Profile WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Every Grass-type starter Pokémon can learn Earthquake if they are in their final evolutions. But I don't know how is your game. And since you chose Totodile, Meganium is out.

You may choose Tangela. It learns Ancientpower at level 33, and it will evolve. Then you teach Tangrowth Earthquake.
Tangrowth has a good HP, Attack and S. Attack, an excellent Defense. But its S. Defense and Speed are very low.
Also, you have to teach it Sunny Day, due to its abilities, both needing Sunny Day to take effect.

And as Skeleton said, Torterra is a good choice. But if you can't trade a Turtwig/Grotle/Torterra Tangrowth is your best choice.

"

Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:26 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Location: Being Screwed over and over again by Luck, Fate or Destiny Oh and lets not forget the HUGE ONE KARMA
Torterra is a very good idea and I could probably get one from my Platinum... :D but Tangrowth isn't that bad of an idea either...

I am the Breeding Queen of Chikorita's if you want one, PM me with offers!
Well in that case I am a all around general Breeding Queen so if you have a pokemon that you want breed I'm the girl to talk to! Sadly My Pearl is gone but i will leave it in case it comes back!!
If I am rude ignore it I have a bad day, a bad week or even a bad month... or you have just made me VERY angry either that or BiPolar/ADHD has struck again and I'm Sorry very much maybe.
If I am overly excitable, happy, etc. Ignore it It's just that Karma has decided to be nice for once or Bipolar/ADHD has struck again.

Fri Jan 27, 2012 8:32 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]