It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:19 pm

Reply to topic  [ 210 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Pure Shadows-- the story has begun! 
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

((Just gonna jump forward here.))

After the odd events of the day, the ceremony was welcoming. I watched as each Leader presented themselves and one of their Pokemon. "Those Pokemon are most likely their strongest." I nodded and looked over at Spence, whom I sat next to during the ceremony, "So now that things are calmed down I'm Red." I reached out and shook his hand. "This is my Slowking and Gallade." Slowking looked at Spence and spoke into his mind, "It's a pleasure to meet you and your Pokemon." Gallade nodded at him and slightly bowed. "Gallade is very formal with his meetings." I laughed.

I looked over at the other trainers that were sitting on the other side of Spence. "I'm Red.", I smiled at the rest of them. "I guess you all met earlier? I overslept so missed out on the meeting opportunities in the square."

Thu Jan 12, 2012 1:35 pm
Profile WWW
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Spence cheered, as if the shooting never happened, and especially cheered as the Champion addressed his home region Unova. "The Champion, huh...? He's all show," Spence smirked. Every one of those trainers looked tough. It made him antsy for Spence to start battling his way to the top, to have the chance to fight them all one on one.

"Red. Cool name," Spence smiled, looking to Gallade as he bowed, "Oh, you talk telepathically to your pokemon as well? I... can't hear them. I don't know why."

Spence looked on and around the crowd. That girl was a pokemon trainer, right? She should be around here somewhere... Maybe it was for the best he didn't look for now. Somebody could get hurt.

Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:35 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Location: A blue police box somewhere near the Medusa Cascade
As the ceremony ended, I managed to track down the guys I'd originally arrived with, thanks to Hektor's Aura-senses, and arrived just in time to hear Spence say the Champion was "all show".

"I doubt he's all show, that Salamence is a near perfect specimen. It's a good deal bigger than the average 'mence, and it looks like it's in top condition. If all his Pokemon are like that he'll be a tough opponent to beat."

Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:19 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Spence looked back to Cat, chuckling as he gazed back at the platform the Champion once stood before their entertaining departure, "His name was Malcolm, the Circuit Champion, right? Sure, he could be strong... but no pokemon's perfect. Not even that Salamence," he grinned confidently, "...Come to think of it, I've already worked out a strategy of my own. I'll have to make sure to ring home soon to switch my party pokemon... As long as there's a place on the island I can train between matches..."

His eyes wondered in thought, catching the glimpse of the mysterious female trainer. She glared him down before disappearing back into the crowd.

Spence sighed, turning around to the others, "Well, the tournament's begun. Tomorrow's going to be a big day. Would anyone like to come with me to a nearby PC before we head back to Gatewater?"

Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:44 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

((Okay, just to make things easier on me, can we please challenge the SAME colosseum? I don't want to have everybody in a different place and have to reveal the gimmicks of the Colosseums on Day 1.))

"I read the rules on the way here, we have to beat the Colosseum Leaders before we can challenge the Champion, so easy on the 'strategy'." With a slight smile, I shrugged.

"I think there's one in the lobby of the hotel, actually, so I'll come along, though I don't need to switch my team out right now. I'm planning on taking on the Gale Colosseum and my Pokemon are all fairly well-suited to handling flyers."

Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:06 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

"Heh-heh, that's just how confident I am that I'll be the one to take him down," Spence laughed, looking to Cat, "The Gale Colosseum, huh? Sounds good. I asked before so I'm definitely coming with you guys. I want to see how you guys battle. Hopefully we'll have the chance to fight one on one as well. I'm eager to see Hektor match up to one of my own pokemon," he smiled at the Lucario with respect.

"Hey," Spence turned to Red, "You should join us. Your pokemon and technique are impressive to say the least. I'd like to see you battle for real."

Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:25 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

((hate to rain on anyone's parade but it's unlikely you're going to actually get to challenge Malcolm, lol. In case you haven't noticed he's like a fusion of Firefly's Malcolm Reynolds and the Tenth Doctor :D ))

"I used to watch the Tournaments on TV when I could, since Gym Leaders and Elites like to attend the Tournament to scout for successors, they often like to see how we perform as individuals. How well you can work with others, etc, not just how strong of a battler you are."

Hektor turned and sniffed in Red's direction curiously, then barked to support Spence's argument. "It'll be fun." I grinned at the boys.

Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:50 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

((My best friend is really into Doctor Who. I haven't gotten into it myself, but it's a really good show. Because he likes explaining the show, I often act dumb and say something to get and frustrate him saying stupid things like "Ohhh! So the Doctor is actually a Dalek! And Daleks are Time Lords, too!" (I ignore the fact they're actually different races) or just tell him if space-time travel was real, something in the episode wouldn't have happened and argue with him :P It's fun haha.))

"A Gym Leader, huh...?" Spence daydreamed unrealistically, standing in an old dusty gym, day and night waiting for a trainer to finally appear as the seasons flew passed changing to Summer through to Spring. Spence shook his head in clear decision, "No way I'd ever want to be a Gym Leader! But I get why they'd seek out trainers from tournaments like these," he gazed around the crowd, "Everyone here looks like a strong pokemon trainer, and I don't just mean they're great at battles... I can kinda understand what they're looking for in a pokemon trainer."

He placed a hand to his heart, "Your strength is nothing, unless you have courage, will and determination to back it up... It's the strength of your heart that really counts. It took me awhile to realise that. It reflects on your pokemon, your abilities, and every challenge a trainer takes in life."

Spence's gaze lowered sadly, "...It took me until after my defeat in the Pokemon League to realise that... I was Champion for an instant and like a flash it was taken away by someone far stronger than I was. My brother. I thought just being strong was the answer to everything, the answer to my dreams. I thought of myself as a hero, like Unova's legend. But I was dead wrong," he shook his head.

"I'm heading back now," Spence grinned, looking back to see everyone, "I'll meet you ahead at Gatewater. If I don't see ya, you guys better get a good night's sleep! Who knows, I might be your first opponent! Haha," he chuckled, turning to walk on.

Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:07 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I listened patiently as Spence talked with another trainer. "Both of these trainers to have a lot of knowledge. The girl seems to know more about this tournement than you or Spence. I suggest it would be wise to group with them." I agree. Besides someone needs to watch Spence's back, especially after that incident on the roof. Slowking nodded. He noticed the Lucario, "Seems he's curious to see our potential as well as the trainers." Only more reason to pair with them.

After the conversation ended and Spence began walking away I got up to him. "Hey Spence, I actually would like to hang out with you and your other friends for the tournement. Besides you did want to see my potential, and I'm curious myself to see how you battle." I thought for a moment then lowered my voice, "Plus it would be better if you had someone else lookout for you while that assassin trainer is around."

Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:00 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

((I <3 Doctor Who as you can probably tell XD Anyhoo, timeskip incoming.))

"Alright, guys. I'll see you tomorrow, bright and early, the Gale Colosseum beckons."

I smiled, bidding the others goodnight, before heading off after Nick and Chase, who had already left, the big Garchomp commanding an instant berth from other trainers no matter how docile he was.

Back in the room, I stretched out in the bed, Hektor taking up a cross-legged meditation position as my other team members made themselves comfortable around the room.

"G'night guys." I murmured, getting a chorus of soft growls, rumbles and chirps in reply. "Be ready to go tomorrow."

Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:03 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

((Sorry about not posting very frequently. I have exams coming up and I have to study. Once they are over I'll be able to post more often.))

After the ceremony I found the others. I heard Red introduce himself.

"I'm Silas, and this is Fury." I said as I shook his hand.

<His Gallade looks strong.> Fury commented. As we started back to the hotel.

"What's wrong? Are you scared?" I teased.

<No!> I missed a step and stumbled at the force of the thought.

"Geez, learn to take a joke." I muttered. "I guess we'll be going to the Gale Colosseum tomorrow. I expect more than a few flying types, do you want to switch out, or can you handle it?"

<I'll be fine.>

"Ok." I replied as we arrived at the hotel. "Let's go get some sleep."

Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:26 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Our little group of friends had met together after the Opening Ceremony.  I had met Spence, Silas, and Red.  They all seemed like incredibly strong trainers, and I looked forward to challenging them all at some point.  The Circuit leaders all seemed tough as well, if not even a little bit intimidating.

But it was starting to get late, so I figured it was best to get some sleep.  Tomorrow would surely be a day of hard training.  I'd be surprised if I could sleep at all!

I let out a big yawn.  "It's been a nice night, but I think I'm going to pack it in for now.  After all, early to bed, early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy, and wise."  I turned around to start back to the hotel.  "See you all in the morning.  Come on Maloc."  He took a last glance at the other Pokémon, then plodded off after me.

When I got to the hotel, I nodded to the manager, who recognized me enough now not to need my ID.  I pressed the button on the elevator, and stepped into it as the doors opened.

"Hold the door!" came a shout from the other side of the room.

Maloc held out his claw and stopped the slowly closing doors for-  You've gotta be kidding me.

"Thanks Jeremy.  I didn't know you had any conscience left in you," she huffed as she stepped into the elevator with her Gothitelle.

"Kaitlin," I said, already exasperated, "You know as well as I do that what I did wasn't intentional.  I've aplologized hundreds of times.  But things happen.  Can't we just put aside our differences and go back to how it used to be?"

"No," she responded, as if that was all she needed to say.

The rest of the elevator ride was dead silent, awkward to say the least.  When it came to my floor, I stepped out.

"So," I asked, "I'll see you around?"

All I got in response was a glare from Kaitlin as her Gothitelle used its psychic powers to slam the elevator door shut.  Well that could have gone better.

I opened the door with my card key, and stepped inside.  Everyone was asleep, including Hopkins, who was hanging upside-down from the ceiling light.  That little guy sure gets around.

I immediately collapsed onto the bed, and Maloc shuffled over to his bed.  He curled up on the fluffy cushion, and within seconds, was snoring away.  I ruffled through my backpack and pulled out a copy of a book.  Treasure Island.  I'd always disliked the book, but it sure helped to put me to sleep.  As I skimmed through the pages, a flash of color caught my eye.  I backtracked a couple of pages, and pulled out an old photo.  In it, were two little kids around the age of eight, a boy and a girl.  The boy had dark hair with big glasses, and the girl frizzy red hair and a toothy smile.  They were standing in front of an old statue with their arms around each other, laughing hysterically.  That's us, I thought.  Back when things weren't so complicated.  If only it could be more like this now.  Kaitlin and I had been the best of friends growing up. We were inseparable.  Nothing could tear us apart.  Except for that one fateful day...

I slid the picture back into Treasure Island and shut the book for the night.

((In other news...
500 posts! :D The time has gone by so fast!))

Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:10 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Spence was following along behind Kimberley, his afloat Chandelure. In the darkness, her haunting blue flames glowed dimly and lit his path back to Gatewater. Her precense, instead of chilling the hearts of people with fear, warmed Spence's heart and made him feel safer for some reason. Red tagged along with his two pokemon, Slowking and Gallade.

"Hey Spence, I actually would like to hang out with you and your other friends for the tournement. Besides you did want to see my potential, and I'm curious myself to see how you battle." He thought for a moment before lowering his voice, "Plus it would be better if you had someone else lookout for you while that assassin trainer is around."

Spence looked back to him in a surprised look, grinning to himself as he turned back to Kimberley, "I guess," he murmured quietly, "...It's appreciated. Thanks, Red. That trainer, however, is my problem. For some reason she's after me for who knows what. I don't want my problems affecting the tournament and ruining everyone's time here. Tomorrow, I'll find and confront her between matches. I don't want you guys getting hurt because of me, especially Cat and the rest."

He looked to Red in a smile, "So, let's just keep this between us for now. And like I said before, I wouldn't mind battling you, and maybe we could do a little sparring sometime with Gallade. I'm sure I'm not as talented as you are with a blade, but it has its uses in training," he took a glance behind his back of the large sword. The sword given to him in Lacunosa Town...

---

Back at Gatewater, Spence used the PC in the lobby before taking the stairs. With a key he threw and caught in the air, he unlocked his room's door and trailed off to bed.

Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:40 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

((No posts in over a day... Gulp!))

The next morning...

The sun came in through my window, casting dancing lights on the wall.  I turned over to look at the clock.  7:06.  Perfect.  I should be able to get a run in, I thought. I rolled out of bed and put on some running clothes before writing a quick note to Stephanie explaining my absence.

As I jogged down the streets of the city, it was pleasantly quiet.  Only a couple people were out, strolling about and enjoying the brisk morning air.  The sun was peaking out from the east over the ocean, as if half an orange was floating in the water.  

After about half an hour, I returned to Gatewater.  I took the elevator up to my room and opened the door.  Everyone was still sound asleep.  "Guess there wasn't a need for that note," I chuckled to myself.  I entered the bathroom and took a quick shower to wash away the sweat of my run.

When I returned, I found everyone to be awake, except for Asimov and Dima, whose snores seemed louder than ever.  Those two could sleep through a train wreck.

"Are you guys ready to get something to eat?" I asked to those who were awake.  In response, I got a barrage of enthusiastic answers, although Maloc decided to lay down again.  "Still tired from last night buddy?" I asked as I rubbed the big guy's head.

"Mal, maldo," came the halfhearted response.

"Don't worry about it then," I assured.  "I'll bring you up some food, as well as some for Dima and Asimov, seeing as they're presently asleep."  I stood up, and strolled out the door with the three Pokémon in tow.

When we got to the dining room, I could see that it had just been opened up for the day.  There was no one else in the room yet, except for the cooks, who were putting plates of steaming breakfast food onto the counters.  Further down, there were all different types of Pokémon food as well.  I immediately picked up a plate and began to load it with all the wonderful food, my mouth watering as I went along.

When I was finished, I set the plate down on the table and waited for the others to finish.  Stephanie and Hopkins came over, but Carolina was still pouting over by the food.  I walked over to see what the problem might be.

"What's wrong?  Is the food not good enough for you?" I asked with a sarcastic undertone to my voice.

"Serade..." she grumbled.

"Oh come on," I complained.  "Why do you always have to be so picky."  I decided to lighten up a bit.  "You know what?  There's a trainer I met earlier named Cat who makes really good poffins for Pokémon.  Maybe if you're patient, then you can get some from her if she comes down, alright?"

Carolina smiled at me, and I knew I had won.  For now.

I returned to the table and began to dig in.

Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:40 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

((I'm still here! Just didn't want to be posting like EVERY OTHER POST))

~The next morning~

I woke early, deciding to go out for a quick run before everyone else awoke. The Colosseum Leaders had all looked physically fit, and I suspected the challenges would be taxing on Trainers as well as Pokemon.

By the time I returned, my team was awake and restless, and I was pulled inside the room by a long Charizard tail. Dari nudged me into the bathroom with an insistent growl, clearly eager to get going. "Okay, okay, big guy, take it easy!"

Chuckling, I rubbed behind my starter's eye ridges as he shut the door with his tail, getting ready quickly before recalling my team into their Pokeballs and heading down to the dining room. It was mostly empty except Jeremy, who had three of his Pokemon out of their Pokeballs-- a Gardevoir, a Sableye, and a Roserade. I released my Pokemon, helped them get some food-- for those without usable hands or paws-- then chose my own breakfast, before sitting down near Jeremy, looking over the three Pokemon with interest.

"Morning Jeremy." I greeted as my Pokemon said hello to the new faces. Glancing over at the Roserade, I raised an eyebrow when I realized the Pokemon wasn't chowing down.

"Your Roserade doesn't like the food?"

Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:19 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I noticed Cat walk into the room with her Pokémon.  Her team looked considerably strong.  Very diverse.  Besides Hektor, there was a Froslass, a Swampert, a Rotom, a Garchomp, and even a shiny Charizard!  I had no shiny Pokemon of my own, but I had seen a couple in the wild before. I couldn't wait to see how my Pokemon would match up to hers in the tournament.

She sat down at a table near me, and her Pokemon followed.

"Morning Jeremy," she said.

"Hey Cat," I responded.

She gave a concerned look to Carolina.  "Your Roserade doesn't like the food?"

"Yeah, Carolina is a bit of a picky eater, although it's probably my fault, since I've spoiled her a bit.  I was wondering if you had any poffins she might like to eat instead.  You wouldn't mind, would you?"

Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:22 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

((enter completely made up stuff about Pokemon diet here :D))

"Of course not. We have some pretty picky eaters among the Grass types at home."

I looked the Roserade over, then spoke to Hektor. "Buddy, can you help me grab some fruit? Sweet and liquid kinds."

The Lucario barked once, then padded off to the food as I dug into the small bag of poffins I usually carried, soon returning with a small bowl of assorted fruits.

"Ah, there you are." I grinned as I found a green, fruit-speckled one and broke it in half, placing it gently into the bowl. "It's specially made for Grass types. The fruits will help her digest it more easily, and flower-based Grass Pokemon are usually fond of sweet foods."

Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:35 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

It was a blizzard. There were no clear pathes, only a storm of white. Spence traversed the snow and gail, one step at a time as one arm sheltered his hood and another around his chest to keep himself from freezing to death. The pokemon weren't releasing from their pokeballs, and Spence hadn't a clue why. He had to escape this place somehow, and find his lost brother.

"ISAAC!!" Spence cried over the deafening blizzard, "ISAAC!! WHERE ARE YOU?!!"

The force of the wind made him turn back, his back pelted by snow. He cringed as he shielded himself. He gazed up, seeing a small figure in the distance almost completely hidden by white, "Brother!!" Spence picked up his strength, dashing as fast as he could in the snow.

"Brother, there you are! We have to get out of here!" Spence panted, glancing around, "Everything's changed! We're lost! We have to turn back! Hey, are you even listening to me?!"

As Spence was almost to place a hand to his brother's shoulder, it was smacked back. Spence hesitated, taking a step back only to fall in the snow backwards. His brother turned, a gun in his posession. It was turned on Spence. His brother's eyes... they were dark.

Spence murmurred, his eyes widening, "Nii-son...?"

BANG.

---

Spence jumped from his bed, sweat pouring from his face. He panted hard, trying to control his breathing. After minutes, he finally found himself again. He fell back onto the bed, sighing to the ceiling, "Another bad dream... But, why does it feel so real...?"

---

Like a zombie, bags under his eyes, Spence strolled into the dining room with the others, "Hey," he grunted, not in his usual happy mood today. He took a box of cereal and started just eating from that, "...I'm not comfortable in suites. I'm used to camping," he somewhat lied, "Oh, Cat," he glanced over the dining room table, "Did you take a good look at the map? Where exactly is the Gale Collosseum, and does it have a training ground somewhere nearby so I can train my pokemon and I between matches?"

Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:37 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I looked up as Spence approached, raising an eyebrow. The young man looked terrible, as if he hadn't slept all night. "Yeah, I checked the map this morning. Gale's on the south side of the island, out by the cliffs. Apparently it's in an abandoned lighthouse that Leader Hewitt converted into a Colosseum, just off the coast."

"Not too sure about the training grounds, but I'm sure there are open spaces to work out here." I shrugged, taking a bite of toast.

Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:43 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

"Oh, cool. I like lighthouses," he grinned a little, taking a glass of milk and sculling it down. Refreshed, he wiped his mouth and placed his breakfast and empty glass on the table, "As long as there's somewhere to train I'm happy. This tournament's taken me off my routine. I used to train every day. I don't like keeping still and doing nothing, it makes me too fidgety."

Spence took a look at Jeremy and Cat's pokemon all having breakfast together. He smiled to himself. These were all strong pokemon with talented trainers. Out there, there were even more trainers as great as them and even more so. Today, he wasn't feeling too confident.

Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:14 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

"Ugh. Again Red?"

I opened my eyes, "We overslept again, didn't we?" "I'm afraid so." I scrambled out of bed and threw a shoe at my sleeping Gallade. "Will you wake up. You're such a sleeper.A Snorlax would wake me up sooner than you." Gallade got up and stretched. "He doesn't seem to care much." Slowking chuckled slightly. "It's your fault too." I smirked at Slowking. He frowned, "Let's get going."

The three of us walked into the dining room. I noticed Cat, Spence, and Jeremy eating with their Pokemon. I walked over and starting making a plate quickly, Gallade and Slowking making plates of their own. I released my other four Pokemon to eat as well. I looked at Haunter, "Be sure to make a plate for Vaporeon and Togekiss please." Haunter nodded and floated to the buffet.

I looked at the group of trainers. "Figured it was about time I released my team. Figured ya'll would see them later today." I smiled at them. "So I overslept yet again. Did I miss anything good?"

Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:17 pm
Profile WWW
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

"Gale Collosseum is housed inside an abandoned lighthouse. Cat was just informing me of that. If there's a moment's peace, I'm using the time to train my pokemon," Spence glanced up at Red and his pokemon. Gallade, Slowking, Vaporeon, Sceptile, Haunter, and... "Heh-heh," Spence chuckled, "Nice looking Togekiss. That one's female, right? I just withdrew my Togekiss and another two pokemon for just such an occasion."

He released his pokeball, a male Togekiss flew around the room to greet and butt heads playfully with Red's own Togekiss. It was a cheerful and happy pokemon, the opposite of Spence's current mood. "His name is Alphonse. I know what you're thinking. Pretty rare in Unova, right? Actually, I received his egg in a trade I had once from someone overseas in Johto. He's been one of my top flying pokemon ever since he evolved."

Spence stood up from the dining table, "I've decided to train between matches, and..." he looked to Red in a strange way, referring to something that happened between the both of them, "...I've got something to take care of, too. But I'll leave it until when the tournament's begun."

Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:07 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Togekiss cooed as the male Togekiss flew over and started to play. I laughed, "Very cute. You know Togekiss is supposed to bring happiness to their trainer. I got mine when she was just a Togepi from the daycare center in Hoenn. She kept following me and when she joined the team Haunter seemed to take a big brother role with her." Haunter watched the two play while he ate.

I looked over at Spence, "Well if you need a sparing partner I'm more than willing. Who knows, I might even give you a good fight." Slowking smirked from across the table. "You know arrogance gets you nowhere." "I need to warm-up before the Colloseum anyway."

Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:24 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Looking at my team, I noted that they were all finished, watching me expectantly while socializing with the other Pokemon. "Well, I'm just about done eating, so I'm going to use the PC real quick and switch out a couple of my Pokemon before we go. I'll meet you guys in the lobby if you're interested in going over to the Gale Colosseum together." I whistled softly as I stood up, then recalled my Pokemon one by one. "I don't want to show some of my stronger cards to the Leaders just yet, they probably talk amongst themselves."

Heading downstairs to the PC, I thought, then switched Draco and Hektor for two of my "Irregulars", a Flygon named Terra and my faithful Nidoqueen, Lyrica. Terra's eyes were adapted to seeing through sandstorms and other poor visibility conditions, and Lyrica had not only a varied movepool and considerable attacking power, but bulk enough to weather all but the worst winds.

Plus, it was always good to keep a trump card on hand, in case of emergency.

I released Terra and Lyrica from their Pokeballs, feeding them both and allowing them to stretch and warm up as the team talked among themselves, waiting for the others to finish their breakfasts and come downstairs so we could get a move on.

Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:07 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

"So we're pretty much settled on Gale Colosseum, I guess," I said.  Red and Spence had joined us for breakfast, and we were now chatting about what to do later on in the day.  "She's the one with the Aerodactyl, right?"  Heh, I thought.  Fighting fossil with fossil.  I wonder if she's got other fossil Pokémon as well.

Spence mentioned switching out one of his Pokemon for his Togekiss, Alphonse, in preparation for the match.  I figured I might as well too.

"That reminds me," I mentioned.  "I think I might go and switch a couple of my own Pokemon as well.  Carolina isn't the best choice for going against an Aerodactyl."

She glared at me, still delicately munching the poffin she received from Cat.  Standing from the table, I started towards the door.

"Come on guys," I said.  "Let's wake the rest of the team up."

When I had awakened the others, we all headed down to the lobby again.  I had decided to switch out Asimov and Carolina for two of my other Pokemon.  They would stay at home for the duration of the battle.  My brother Tom had volunteered to keep watch over my other team members while I was gone.

"I'll see you soon guys," I said, as I returned them to their Pokéballs.  I placed them in the computer, and checked the box.  Finding the Pokémon I needed, I clicked the mouse, then waited for the exchange.  A few seconds later, it was finished.  I picked them up, and released the Pokémon out into the room.

"Gri!" came the excited response.  The Cofagrigus wrapped her ghostly arms around me.

"Hey, Nefertiti!" I exclaimed.  "Nice to see you too!  Now please let go before you squeeze me to death!"  She always had been fond of hugs.  Lazarus slid over next to me.  "Hey there, buddy. Nice to see you again too," I said as I patted the Cradily on the head.  He was found as a fossil by Tom, in the mines.  He in turn gave it to me, and Roark aided in the resurrection.  Lazarus was quiet; the strong and silent type, the polar opposite of the hyper, bubbly Nefertiti.

"Let's get going," I said.  "We should get some training in before the competition starts."

We started out the door, right as Kaitlin came in, shooting me her trademark glare.

"Are you following me?" I questioned impatiently.

"No," she retorted.  "I just have the worst luck in the world, bumping into you every ten seconds.  Come on Marjorie.  Lori.  Julio."

Her Weavile followed at her heels, exchanging another hiss with Hopkins, followed by a lithe Floatzel and a hulking Magmortar.

I just sighed and continued on my way.

I saw Cat waiting outside, under a tree, with her Pokémon.  Now, she had a Flygon and a Nidoqueen with her as well.  I guess we all had the same idea, switching out some team mates.

"Hey," I said, approaching them.  "Are you all ready too?"

Last edited by twistedturtwig on Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:09 pm
Reply to topic   [ 210 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next