It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:02 am

Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Worst Movies. 
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

JsXtm wrote:
GofD wrote:
Shreik(one was enough but they had to make 3)
Toy Story 2-3 (one was enough)

You have a seriously low opinion of sequels. Shrek 2 was as good, if not better than, Shrek, and both Toy Story 2 and 3 were fantastic movies, no matter how good the first one was.

Shrek 3 and 4 were lousy, though.

Im not syaying that I dont like sequels, just those sequels. To be fair, ive never seen Toy story 2-3, just becasue Ive outgrown it. Shreck was funny the first 2 times, after that I didnt bother wacthin the rest. I honestly, just dont watch a lot of movies, because not a lot of movies peak my inteerest.

Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:53 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

redt wrote:
Drag Me To Hell was one of the worst movies that somehow got into theaters. I think someone was high when they put that movie in theaters.
Almost any movie that comes on Sci-Fi channel is a horrible B movie.

Agreed!!!! although i did like the cheesey last seen when she goes to hell

torchie13125 wrote:
Worst movies ever?
I hated the 6th Harry Potter movie, because they just destroyed the story.

you stepped right into the wrong mine field by brother, it was a better version of fern gully, the greatest animations i've witnessed in all of my time, i can't name a single part i didn't like about it, how could you posibly not have enjoyed that movie.

also i agree with the harry potter, movies 5-6 sucked, because they need to add more depth and perseption from the book

robbydebry wrote:
I liked napoleon dynamite but I personally liked nacho libre more, but the worst movie of all time was trolls 2 )there was no trolls one) twilight newmoon and avatar are down there too, in the twilight movies you can see equipment in their shots haha

nocho libre sucked, if you ask me jack black is a terrible actor. hes like another will ferrel, they both sucked in every movie(will ferrel is granted- step brothers, kicking and screaming because they were his only good movies)

visit my graffix mart, you can use them if you want, but if you do, please give me credit.

Last edited by JsXtm on Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Merged your quadruple post. Don't do it again, use the Edit button, and the quote button in the topic review if you want to grab multiple quotes.

Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:48 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

First off, Quadruple Post by Muten Roshi. There's a thing called the edit button. Use it. Also, Avatar was basically a movie of special effects. Seeing it in 2-D is... average. I can see why "The Hurt Locker" beat it.

Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:21 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Steel_Eel wrote:
First off, Quadruple Post by Muten Roshi. There's a thing called the edit button. Use it. Also, Avatar was basically a movie of special effects. Seeing it in 2-D is... average. I can see why "The Hurt Locker" beat it.

where have you been, avatar broke box office ratings from titanic, and i saw it in 2-d and 3-d they both were great, and avatar is a 8.5 at the lowest, on almost every rating movie site i've been to. i have nothing to say about hurt locker because i've never seen it, but im heading to megavideo to watch it, so ill get back to you(if you havn't noticed, i'm a movie fenatic)

p.s.-jaws 1 was great, all the others were trash.
p.s.s.-worst movie ever was, and always will be Batman & Robin (1997) it got the worst ratings in history, this is not oppinnion, this is fact, really, it got the worst movie grossing, almost no one liked it(i though it was an average) and its box office money...well lets say its in the toilet, thats inside 17 other toilets...

visit my graffix mart, you can use them if you want, but if you do, please give me credit.

Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:36 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Muten Roshi, you're saying that commercial success and how good a movie is are directly correlated? Bull. There are some absolutely godawful movies that were huge commercial successes (I'm looking at you, High School Musical 3), and some fantastic movies that were completely ignored at the box office. So saying that Avatar was the best movie ever because it made the most money is ridiculous.
I've seen Avatar, and visually, it's a gorgeous film, even in 2-D. Pandora comes alive in an amazing way. That doesn't change the fact that the storyline is basically a ripoff of a number of other films, and is boringly predictable. Man comes to strange planet, befriends the natives in order to spy on them, ends up joining them when his fellow humans start trying to do bad things, and ends up being the hero that saves the day as the good guys win. Hollywood has done it before, and will do it again.

Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:27 am
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

i found it odd that there was no life in the water

My trading thread:http://www.psypokes.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=27589

my fc:0561 1373 6911

Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:37 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

toushe JsXtm

also graah good point but there were never any scenes in the water, so i bet there was, just not visible

also JsXtm there were several other aspects not being seen, the amonia breathing planet, the home tree, animals, there was alot of originality, but i agree the story was the SAME IDEA, not the same, it was predictable, but you can't say the following were unoriginal story plot lines

- big dragon is befriended, and used in battle
- Grace dies(you know someone as a main character is going to die just not her)
- Dad of clan dies
- Rough one plane crashes and human female war flyer dies
- Jake Sully takes grenades and puts them in engines to destroy plane(very original way to blow up a ship if you ask me)

And there are very few original ideas out there, most are just curved stories, i also woulodn't call this a "ripoff" storyline.

Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:53 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

those aren't really plot lines, just events that happen. and somebody has to die, or the battle doesn't touch you emotionally. personally, i though norm had died when his avatar did, but i was glad that he survived.

also, the only thing i don't like about the harry potter movies is the fact that time constrictions doesn't allow for all the complex plot lines that are in the books. Saying that they killed the plot, however, is complete crap. Which is why reading a book over watching a movie will always be better, imo. :O

Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:59 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Gremlins 2. I love the original but the sequel is just terrible. The comedy is more tasteless. The horror is more generic. The acting is less smooth. The puppeteering is less convincing.

Whenever I bring it up somebody tells me it's excusable because it's like a self-parody, but the original was so very good that a self-parody is unwelcome. Gremlins had heart. Gremlins 2 spits at the heart with no provocation.

Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:19 pm
Profile WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Nicholas Nickleby (2002), it is the only film that I have ever walked out of the cinema part-way through. My father is a big Dickens fan but even he could not stomach it.

Tue Dec 13, 2011 6:05 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Location: A blue police box somewhere near the Medusa Cascade
Napoleon Dynamite tops my list. I was forced to sit through it in band class and the ONLY part of the film I remotely paid attention to was about 3 minutes when they played one of my favorite songs (Forever Young by Alphaville)

Other films I disliked:
Twilight (on the principle of the thing)
Sherlock Holmes (The Robert Downey Jr Holmes version, on charges of inaccuracy and being a completely out-of-character Holmes. He wasn't in love with Irene Adler darn it.)
Pirates of the Caribbean 2 (on grounds of one Elizabeth Swann!) and 3 (the ending was horrible. Jack Sparrow was amazing but the ending... ughhh.)

Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:32 am
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

The Super Mario Bros movie. It takes the source material, and rips out its head with the spine still attached to it, Scorpion Style.

EDIT@OP: I actually saw the Mega Shark vs. Giant Octopus movie. The thing is, I think it was intentionally bad. It knows that it's a satire of the whole genre, and uses that knowledge to craft one of those movies that were made to be ridiculed at the viewer's pleasure.

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:13 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

All of the mega shark, octopus, dinocroc, mega python, gatoroid and all that crap is meant to be awful! Just like MekTar said. The worst one of these that ive seen is sharktopus! Absolutely terrible! But JAWS 3 is the worst movie ive seen in my life!!!

Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:44 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

"Adam & Steve" ... ... Just so yourself a favor and don't! It's the worst ever... EVER!!!

Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:57 am
Reply to topic   [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2