It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:38 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Trading for Cut, and Nugget Bridge 
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

So, we all know that if you have CUT, you can skip the SS Anne, and come back later with Surf to get a cookie (a Lava Cookie, specifically).

However, has anyone tried skipping the entire nugget bridge - not meeting Bill, or finally getting that nugget on the bridge?

The thought occurred to me, while redoing my Fire Red - instead of spending 2 months continuously dying to get 198 nuggets (and not making progress), why not just skip Bill entirely, get the cut, and visit the area later?

Has anyone dedicated a game to this question?

Are there any other questions you'd like me to look at?

Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:41 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

With the help of Stadium 1 and/or 2 I wonder how much of R/B/Y is skippable. You probably wouldn't need to see Bill, the Cascade Badge would allow you to use Cut and leave Cerulean, and then you wouldn't need to get on the S.S. Anne either. You could go to Saffron City from Cerulean by moving a drink item from the console game to the GB one, so no Rock Tunnel. Not needing Surf or Strength HMs cuts out the need to go to the Safari Zone. Skipping Rock Tunnel means you won't need to bother getting Flash at all, even if you could get that without setting foot in Diglett's Cave, even if you don't really NEED it in the first place (that's like three levels of optional).

I can't think of a legitimate way to get around either Snorlax though, so you'd still need to do Pokémon Tower, and by extension, the Game Corner. May be no way out of Silph either, or Cinnabar Mansion. But you could fight a big chunk of the gym leaders in any order.

Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:44 pm
Profile WWW
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

You would still need rock tunnel...

In RBY, you could not attach items, so no attaching lemonade. (Can you simply "move" an item with stadium?)
In FrLg, the "tea" is a key item, so it cannot be simply attached.

I don't mind the Safari zone - you don't really do anything in there anyway, and you don't get anything extra. I just remember, the last time I fought fire red, I fought (and lost) on nugget bridge over 200 times - 99 nuggets for the bag, 99 nuggets for the pc, and however many nuggets for my pokemon. It took me close to 2 months...that was a pain.

Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:03 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Yes, you can move items from the Game Boy game to the storage on the N64 and back. But not from G/S/C to R/B/Y, ever, even indirectly. And not with key items of course. But you could totally get some soda pops at the very beginning.

Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:47 pm
Profile WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

For me, the purpose to skip these place is to go faster. But this only works if you have a strong team, otherwise skip these places and, consequently, the Pokémon Battles is something weird, since they give more experience and may level up your Pokémon faster.

"

Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:36 pm
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

I know the topic is old, but seeing as I popped the question, and just found the answer, I felt obligated to post.

The tree on the south side of Cerulean city has a Slowbro blocking it, which will be non-responsive. After checking back and forth, it does not move until AFTER you have seen Bill (in other words, you cannot skip nugget bridge for unlimited nuggets - SORRY).

The only reason it took me this long is because I had to wait on someone to let me borrow their Leaf Green (which they were fine with, and were interested when I mentioned it myself).

Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:22 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]