It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:08 am

Reply to topic  [ 210 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 Pure Shadows-- the story has begun! 
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Location: A blue police box somewhere near the Medusa Cascade
Hektor barked eagerly at the notion of exploring. <Do you think they'll let us see the engines? I'd love to have a look...>

I chuckled and shook my head. "Hektor, no tinkering, okay? We actually want to get there."

He gave me a puppy-eyes look, but folded his paws behind him in a clear "I'll be good, promise" gesture.

Turning to Seth, I grinned sheepishly. "He loves to play with mechanical objects. Most of the time, it's a good thing, but he has caused a few incidents..."

<Hey, that was an accident! How was I supposed to know that it was a prank?>

"When we were younger, my brother changed all the labels on the buttons on our mom's blender. To things like "Eject" and "Destroy". She made him change the labels back, but that was -after- Hektor somehow made the blender actually do what the buttons said. My brother accidentally missed one of the buttons... the one marked 'Explode'. I hardly need to describe what happened when she pressed that button." I explained, chuckling at the memory of my mother standing in the kitchen with blender parts scattered everywhere.

"But anyway, Hektor's promised to be good, so let's go have a look around, shall we?"

Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:56 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Hektor looked up at Cat and stared at her like he was telepathically communicating with her. I remembered the stories that some people told that how if a Psychic Pokemon was trained well enough, it would be able to talk with you.

Apparently I was right, because Cat laughed, then looked at him and said, "Hektor, no tinkering, okay? We actually want to get there." In response, Hektor gave her puppy dog eyes and folded his arms behind his back, trying to give Cat a Pokemon/human fusion of begging. She turned to me, a little embarrassed that her Pokemon was begging her as if it was her son, and explained that Hektor likes to tinker with mechanical things.

Then Cat told a story of how when she was young, her brother changed the labels on the blender to stupid things, like explode (Which I actually thought was pretty funny, since all I could picture was my Mom reacting to the prank.). But even though it was just a joke, Hektor saw the labels and changed the buttons to do exactly what they said, which I laughed at. Regardless, Cat told me Hektor promised to be good, so we could start exploring.

"Ok, cool. Let's start at the top, that's where they usually put all the special stuff.

As we started walking, I remembered there was something he could tinker with "You know, Hektor, there'll definitely be a lamp or something in your room, Hektor. You can look forward to that." I said to Hektor, which seemed to make him a lot happier.

I spotted an elevator, and walk over and pushed the button, the door opened. "Hey, guess who I am." I motioned in. "To the top, shall we, honey?" I looked at her and used the same tone of voice as the overly-peppy secretary.

See how it sings like a sad heart, and joyously screams out its pain
Sounds that build high like a mountain, and notes that fall gently like rain."

~Neil Peart

Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:03 am
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Gray returned to his suite, and decided to lay on his bed amd take a nap si ce he had nothing much more to do. He brought of his Pokemon so they could sleep too. Gray laughed as Tyranitar wanted to sleep with him, since he was scared Alakazam might screw with his dreams. Then I reassured him that he was a Dark type too, not just Rock. Tyranitar relaxed but felt a little embarrassed. Lapras made a special bond with the toilet and the sink, while Dragonite and Typhlosion couldn't sleep and were fighting over whether to watch Bones or Spongebob Squarepants. Then Alakazam decided it would be cool to sleep in mid-air, so he did. Then Venusaur was laying on his stomach, passed out on the floor. Gray couldn't sleep due to the fighting of the television, so he just read Catching Fire until the dinner alert was called. Venusaur loved food, so it was like a signal from God when he heard that bell, and Gray asked himself why Venusaur's DNA wasn't written identical to A Snorlax.
When he arrived with his Pokemon, Tyranitar, Typhlosion, Dragonite, Venusaur, and Lapras just pushed through people when they first saw the Pokemon Food Buffet sign, while Alakazam politely picked people up. I returned all of them to their Pokeballs, looking a bit embarrased of their behavior as I thought I had raised them to never be rude, I guess those Behavior Training Videos were in vain.
After I receivd my food, I returned to the Suite and put the pokemon's food down on the ground, where they all heartilyndevoured the meal.
"Good god." I said to myself. "My dad can't even eat that fast."
I spent the rest of the day just hanging out in my room, then at 12 AM I finished my book, and qent off to bed. I released all my Pokemon so they could sleep as well. Then the intercom came up and informed all passangers we would reach our destination in approximately 2 days.

Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:16 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

As I arrived in Slateport, I folded up my bike and approached the ship. I showed the sailor my letter.

"Another one?" the sailor asked.

"What do you mean?" I replied.

"You're the third trainer that has come for the Circuit." he answered.

"Oh." I said.

"Go ahead." said the sailor. "We should be departing soon."

"Thanks." I said and entered the ship.

I got my room key and headed to my room. When I got there I let Shade out of her Pokeball.

"Can you see if you can find the other two Circuit trainers?" I asked. "Try and see if you can tell how strong they are."

Shade nodded and set off through the walls searching.

((I hope using a ghost to find other trainers is ok. If not let me know.))

Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:06 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Turning over the fossil over in my hand, I carefully set it down on the table beside me.

"Truth be told," I confessed, "I can't really tell what Pokemon this is.  The circular shape indicates it might be a Cover Fossil, but it's more likely to be a Shield Fossil, given it's place of origin."

"Interesting," Roark commented.  "I'll have the scientists at the museum look into it further."

We pushed open the door of the Oreburgh Gym to a bright day in the city.  The unceasing hum of machines busy at work down in the mines combined with the voices of people chatting as they strolled down street.

"Hold on a second," I said.  "I'm going to go pick up Maloc real quick."  I had left my beloved prehistoric Pokemon in the woods just outside of Oreburgh. It got pup

I found the Armaldo sleeping beneath a tree.  "Hey big guy," I softly whispered, rubbing his plated head.

"Maldo, mal," the prehistoric Pokemon grunted, as he clambered up from his resting place.  He nuzzled his head against me, and I smiled.  Maloc was my first Pokemon, and we had always had an incredibly close bond.  Not to say that any of my others didn't, but I just have a special place just for him.

Suddenly, his head whipped to the side. "Dooo...." he growled.  Maloc unleashed a powerful X-Scissor attack on the tree trunk next to me, knocking a tiny Starly out.  The terrified bird zipped away, screeching it's head off all the way.  I noticed something laying on the ground next to me.

"A letter?" I said.  "That's odd."  I picked up the cream-colored envelope and looked it over in my hand.  A red wax emblem of a Pokéball sealed the back.  "Mind doing me a favor buddy?" I asked Maloc.  "Make sure it's real gentle.  We don't want whatever's in here to be in shreds!"  Maloc gently lifted his claw to the envelope and sliced it open with ease.

I held my breath as I removed a letter emblazoned with golden writing.

Dear Trainer,

I am pleased to inform you that you have been chosen to take part in the Circuit's annual Tournament on Toropikuji Island. The Circuit will open in one week's time, on the first of June. You are invited to avail yourself of our hospitality till then, as are your Pokemon. We have plenty of Pokemon Center facilities, complete with transfer machines, so do not worry about switching your team around. 

There will be a ship awaiting you at the port town of your region. Simply show this letter to board. You will receive further information when you arrive at the Circuit. We hope to see you soon!

Respectfully yours,

Circuit Champion Malcolm Larsen

I was too stunned for words.

"Maloc... This means that we're... we're going to compete in The Circuit!"  I had heard about The Circuit, and known that only the strongest trainers were invited to participate in it.  Apparently I was considered one of them.

We rushed back to the city.

"Roark!  Roark!" I shouted.  "I've been-"

"Invited to The Circuit?" he replied, with a grin on his face.

"How did you know!" I replied, shocked.

"I had a feeling that you would be invited.  I did recommend you to the committee, after all."

"Thank you so much!" I shouted.  "I'd hug you, but then it would be awkward!"

"Thanks, I guess..." he said nervously.  "You should probablyly go get your things together and tell your folks.  The ship does leave today, from Canalave."

"I'll go to my house right away.  I'm sure my parents will be glad to hear it.  Come on Maloc!"  With a spring in my step, I jumped on my bike and sped towards Eterna.

"I might see you there!" Roark called out behind me.

--------------------------------------

"Well," I said.  "I think I'm finally ready."  My backpack was filled with supplies, I had a small suitcase filled with some clothes, and my Pokéballs were at my waist.  They didn't normally like to be confined like that, but they needed to be for now.

"Don't forget to brush your teeth!" my mom reminded.

"Honey, he's a big boy now," my dad intervened.  "He knows what to do.  Just don't forget to beat everyone there!"

Adrian, my older brother came out from behind them, rolling his eyes.

"Good luck bro, I'll be rooting for you.  Kick some butt for me!"

"Thanks," I replied.  "Come on out Asimov!"  I released Asimov, my Golurk, who appeared by my side.

"Oll!" he cried excitedly.

"Yes, I know you're eager for the tournament." I smiled.  "But we'll have to get there first!"  I hopped onto the robotic Pokémon's back.  "To Canalave!"

"Bye!"  My family members shouted.  "Be safe!"

--------------------------------------

As Asimov landed in the harbor of Canalave City, a familiar face greeted me.

"Jeremy, my boy!  Glad to see you!"  Byron called out.  "My son Roark said you'd be heading this way, so I thought I'd be the last one to wish you good luck!"  Taking a quick look around, he whispered, "I'm counting on you to win.  I made a wager with Wake that you'd come out in first.  But no pressure, no pressure."

"Well that's reassuring," I replied sarcastically.

"Hahaha!" he bellowed.  "You always had a good sense of humor.  I remember when you took out my Bastiodon with that Armaldo of yours and-"

PHOOOOOOOOOO!  The fog horn of the boat resonated across the harbor.

"I think that's my cue," I broke in.  "Thanks for the... pep talk."

"Any time, my boy, any time."

As I walked up the gangplank, I handed the attendant my letter.  With a look of surprise on his face, he immediately led me through the hallways to a room door.  As he opened it up, my eyes widened.  An entire suite, all for me!

"Thank you my good man," I told the attendant, as I handed him a tip of ¥100.

I walked in, closing the door behind me.  I threw my bags on the floor and flopped onto the bed.  It felt like Heaven on Earth.

After snapping out of my trance, I let the rest of my Pokemon out.  Maloc, Asimov, Carolina, Hopkins, Dima, and Stephanie all let out a sigh of relaxation after being finally free of their Pokéballs.

"Welcome to our room!" I announced.  As my Pokémon began to poke around the room, I could tell that this was just the start of an adventure that I would remember for years to come.

Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:54 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

((It works for me, Dare. So long as it's not abused, but we're good. TT, that was an epic first post, great job :) )

Hektor bounded into the elevator, his ears perking up at the notion of something else he could play with, and I laughed, following my enthusiastic Pokemon into the elevator after Seth. "I heard from the receptionist that the journey takes about two days, so we've got lots of time to explore."

A few seconds later, the lift let out a soft *ding* to announce our arrival at the top deck-- I stepped out into the hallway and had literally taken two steps when Hektor let out a soft growl.

"What is it, boy?"

<Ghost-type. A trained Pokemon.> Aura was glowing faintly around his eyes as he looked around, then pointed a paw. <There.>

I looked where he indicated, and spotted a large, vaguely humanoid figure with a round body and one eye, very faintly outlined in the electric-blue Aura. "Huh, a Dusknoir. Looks like we're not the only two Circuit trainers aboard." I murmured to Seth, before calling out to the Pokemon, keeping my voice calm and friendly.

"Hi there. Don't be scared. I'm Cat, and these are Hektor and Seth. What's your name?"

Last edited by LadyMiir on Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:24 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

((She's right tt, nice job! :D))

As we walked into the elevator, I noticed Hektor looking around at the electronics, probably thinking of ways he could make the elevator shoot us into the stratosphere, which made me smile.

a few seconds later, the elevator doors opened again. As soon as Cat started to walk out, Hektor tensed. "What is it, boy?" Cat asked. He walked out of the elevator and pointed at a faint blue humanoid shape in the middle of the hallway.

<Ghost-type. A trained Pokemon.> Hektor said. For the first time, I had a confirmation that a trained Psychic type could communicate with me, which was pretty exciting. I made a note to have a chat with some of my Pokemon later.

I looked at Hektor, and realized he had the same type of aura around his eyes that was surrounding the ghost Pokemon. Hektor was using the aura to negate the ghosts invisibility. Wow, cool trick. I thought.

Cat indroduced us to the Pokemon, (Which Cat identified as a Dusknoir) and asked what its name was. Hopefully, ghosts could use the same type of telepathy as psychics do.

~Neil Peart

Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:30 am
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

"Hmm." Gray said to himself. "The journey is going quickly, yet I feel I've done absolutely nothing." I took out the few weapons I had in the lining of my jacket. Good thing the metal detectors were out of order on the pier. I had a buck knife that I had painted black, but kept the edge a silver. I also had a bigger hunting knife with the same coloring of the blade. Both of their grips were wrapped in a smooth leather. My Alakazam was out of it's pokeball, as it was my first pokemon and it grew an interest in weaponry as well. But we both despise laser technology. "Wow, working janitor at that PokeMart really paid off." I said to myself as I stared into the edges of the blades I owned."
I rubbed Alakazam's head passionately, his eyes slightly closing with pleasure. I then went and used my rope from my pack to build Alakazam a swingset in the room. I remembered how much he loved those when he was a Kadabra, we swang together a lot when we were young, always having a good time. He never had to speak to me through my head, because we could read eachother. And because he was shy and a bit paranoid like myself. Want to play Monopoly? Alakazam asked me. Alakazam always beat me, but he always got to be the banker. I wasn't going to add and subtract the money, mainly because Math really sucks.
After a few hours, Alakazam beat me 10-0, he always got Park Place and Boardwalk. And then I realized that he could control the dice with his mind, which sent a wave of stupidity through me.

Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:43 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Meanwhile, inside one of the ship's suites... A large sheath stood upright on the front of a young man's bed...

"Circuit... Huh."

Spence layed on his bed, throwing a pokeball up and down again like a baseball. He caught it, leaning up as he turned to Jazz who was jumping cheerfully on another bed. Spence smiled, asking his Whimsicott, "Circuit on Toropikuji Island... Do you think they have a lot of strong trainers there?" His pokemon cried happily as Spence laughed back, "Well, I hope so. This trip is exactly what I needed. I'll miss Unova, but it's like a whole new adventure, ya know?"

Spence laid back down, tipping the pokeball in his fingers, "I wonder if Isaac will be there..." he said grimly, sighing, "Probably. But this time..." he held the pokeball high in the air, grinning with encouragement, "This time, I'll beat HIM in pokemon battle. Mark my words, Jazz." She cheered.

Spence laid back on his arms after placing the pokeball away, still keeping a fond smile, "I wonder how everyone's doing... I guess I should call home after we reach the island."

---

Soaring through clear blue sky, a Pidove landed to the green lash grass of a small quiet town. It hopped around on the pavement, taking off mid-flight to perch on the window of a small old cottege. It cooed as it pecked on the window. An old lady only half noticed the bird pokemon from inside, placing her knitting underneath her as she stood up from her rocking chair. She came to open the window for the small pokemon, "Oh, a letter?" she exclaimed. Her voice was a warm old lady's voice, the one you'd expect from a granny. A letter sat tucked underneath the Pidove's wing. "Thank you, tiny but brave pokemon," the Pidove cooed, taking off once the delivery was made.

The old lady began to examine the letter. It was addressed to a Mr. Spence. "Deary!" she called to her husband, walking steadily inside, "It's a letter for Spence!"

"Really?! That lad gets busier and busier! We never see him!" An old large man worked up a sweat, working mechanics under a broken down car.

"That's our boy! Where's the Xtransceiver? We'll make him a call, shall we?"

"Yes dear, just give me a moment! Stubborn thing..." he pulled at the wrench, until something burst and his white beard was suddenly covered in black petrol, "Oh darn it!" he tightened it back up before finishing. He rolled from underneath the motor vehicle, grabbing an old cloth and wiping it clean off. When he stood up, his back cracked painfully, "Ah bugger it. My back..."

"Coming dear?"

"Yes yes. I'll be inside in a minute..."

Ring ring, ring ring! Ring ring, ring ring! Ring ring, ring ring! ---

---

"Well, that's enough rest for me!" Spence jumped up, looking back to Jazz, "Come on, let's go explore! I want to check the ship out!" Jazz jumped excited, following behind him as Spence walked out. His closed the door behind him, being careful to make sure the door was locked, the sheath and blade kept hidden inside.

---

"Alright! This is the life!" Spence stretched upon walking out on the deck, beautiful sparkling seas of endlessness, the ship bounding them forth to there island destination, "This cruise is way more like a holiday resort than what the letter implied!" he gazed at the awesome pools, walking boundless toward the railing of the ship. Spence grabbed hold of the railing, feeling the sea breeze ruffling his head of brown hair. Jazz jumped on as well, gazing out to sea. Spence took a deep breath, letting it out in a smile, "Yep, this is the life..." Being there, it reminded him of home before he became a real trainer. Working out on the docks of Castelia City...

Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:08 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Shade wandered the ship for a while and eventually came across an elevator. She decided to stop and watch who came out.

Shade watched as an elvator opened and two trainers and a Lucario stepped out. Almost immediately the Lucario stopped and pointed at her. She watched as one of the trainers whispered to the other.

The same trainer then said, "Hi there. Don't be scared. I'm Cat, and these are Hektor and Seth. What's your name?"

Shade realised that the Lucario must have used its Aura to locate her and gave up her invisibility as it was now pointless.

Thinking quickly Shade replied saying <I'm called Shade.>

Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:57 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

"Pleasure to meet ya, Shade."

I spread my empty hands for a moment, showing the Pokemon that I wasn't about to hurt it, before smiling a little. "Your trainer sent you out as a scout, I'm guessing? You can let him know we're just exploring, and he's welcome to join us, but if you want you're welcome to stay with us for a while, too."

Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:46 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

<I'm called Shade.> the Dusknoir said.

Cat guessed the trainer was having Shade scout for him, and for the Pokemon to let its trainer know that we were just exploring.

"That sounds good to me." I looked at Cat, then Shade. "Hey Shade, if you don't mind us asking you instead of your trainer, where are you guys from? And what's your trainer's name?"

~Neil Peart

Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:11 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

"Hey Alakazam, what kind of trainers do you think will be at the tournament?" I asked. Compared to me, bad ones. he replied. "Seriously Alakazam, what if they beat me in the first round or something?" I asked. Then you'll know that you kinda suck compared to them and need to train harder with us. alakazam replied with a little smile. "Good enough for me." I said. Maybe I'd be less paranoid about people by meeting some nice people there, although I knew I would meet some that I would dislike. Alakazam and I watched some TV together until around 6 PM then went to get dinner. While I was at the dining hall, there was a commotion over at the payment desk.

"I dropped my ID card and you are unable to give me food!?!" A man yelled at the cashier.

"I'm sorry sir bu-" the woman began to say.

"No! If you can't give me food, then I'll get it myself!" the man yelled, pulling out a Pokeball and tossing it in the air. An Exploud came from the air landed, creating a slight quake. The man simply pointed at the woman, and it began using a Hyper Beam. The woman would have been severely injured, but before Exploud could finish his attack I threw my Pokeball up in the air. I released my Alakazam out of it, and it landed, sensing exactly what it should do. It ran it Exploud and released a mighty Ice Punch attack, Exploud's eyes popped out a little from being pounded in the back of the head, plus the frigid temperatures of the thumping.

"Who are you!" the man yelled at me.

"Don't ask. Now, go Dragonite!" I yelled.

exploud was shocked at Dragonite's size, and took a step backwards.

"Now, Aerial Ace!" I commanded, and Dragonite's Wing turned a glowing white and he slammed into Exploud, making it fly into the wall. Then Exploud fainted, and I returned my Pokemon and departed from the Dining Hall. Leaving the man with a hateful expression on his face.

Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:53 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

He started to stare into space for awhile before something distracted him.

"Huh?" Spence looked toward the deck and main elevator to see a couple of pokemon trainers, "More trainers heading to Circuit? Alright! More competition, I guess! Let's go say hello, Jazz!" She nodded, hopping onto his head as they walked over to greet them.

A short but tough looking girl, and a taller young man with short silver hair. They were both around his age. "Hey guys, I'm Spence and this is my friend Jazz!" she smiled, giving them a wave atop of his head, "I'm a pokemon trainer from Unova... Hey, not bad! A Dusknoir and a Lucario! Wow!" Spence was impressed, "They're both rare and tough looking pokemon. And I've never seen such a strong looking Lucario before!"

After admiring, he went ahead and said, "I guess it was worth it coming out after all. I wouldn't even mind if we had to battle in the Circuit. In fact..." Spence smirked, "I wouldn't mind battling any of you at all. But that's just me."

Spence laughed, scratching the back of his head, "My pokemon battles would definitely tear the ship apart though, but at least I have something to look forward to. Anyway, sorry..." Spence held his hand out with a smile, "It's nice to meet you, what are your names?"

Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:46 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I turned as a voice called out, a young man who had a big smile and what I at first thought was an afro, but turned out to be an oddly fluffy Pokemon attached to his head.

"Unova, huh?" I leaned closer to examine the Pokemon, finally recognizing it as a Whimsicott-- an incredibly fast, and by all accounts extremely annoying Grass type to face in battle. "I'm afraid the Dusknoir doesn't belong to us, he-- or she, I'm not entirely sure, sorry Shade-- belongs to another trainer. This is Hektor, one of my team members."

Hektor let out a polite bark and offered a paw to the other trainer, ears pricking in the direction of the Whimsicott, but not moving to investigate it. We were supposed to get a small selection of Unova Pokemon at the breeding center soon, and I had been looking forward to learning about them... Oh well, I guess I'll just get Jake to send me the data, and read up on my Pokedex in the meantime.

"I'm Cassandra Taylor, but everybody calls me Cat." I smiled, taking his hand and shaking it.

Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:59 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

"Hektor, and Cat, right. I'll keep it memorized," he nodded, shaking the hands of both the Lucario and his trainer, "So you've all won eight badges in your regions, huh? Where and how tough are the trainers there? And are they all as strong as you?" Obviously, the trainers in front of him being somewhat famous, Spence remained clueless. Unova seemed worlds apart from the rest of the regions.

"When I began, every Gym seemed like a struggle. Even when I gained experience and felt somewhat confident, there was always another challenge. Especially the Elite Four. But that's what becoming a Pokemon Master's all about, right? Together with my pokemon, we made it through. I almost became Champion, but... There's always another chance," he spoke, just trying to make conversation. These guys had been through the same things, right?

Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:24 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

"Well, I'm originally from Hoenn, but I've challenged both there and in Johto. I lost to Glacia, the third of the Hoenn Elites, when I was fifteen-- her Walrein's Sheer Cold hit too many times for us. I fought Lance three years later, it came down to his final Dragonite and my Swampert... and we got knocked out by a critical hit from Outrage." I shook my head at the memory. "That was nothing short of infuriating, to come so far and lose to one critical hit. I've been working at our family's breeding center since, helping out while training my Pokemon."

"In my experience, Trainers come in all varieties, from the kids playing with Rattata and Zigzagoon all the way to the Champions with their teams." I shrugged. "You can't really say that one region has particularly strong or weak trainers."

Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:55 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

"Well, yeah," Spence chuckled, "But I suppose what I was really asking; if it was worth it travelling to those regions someday. After the Circuit, I was thinking about my next goal. You know, to travel the world and fight really strong trainers."

Something then bugged him, and he couldn't quite think what it was, "...Lance. Why does that name... sound familiar?"

Three years ago... ---

Dragonspiral Tower. It was located in the western part of Unova, just above Icirrus City. It was the oldest structure in Unova. According to legend, legendary pokemon were sealed here until a pokemon hero appeared and saved the world. It other words, a Pokemon Champion.

Spence reached the top floor. Four broken down pillers around him, and the sky just a distance in front of him thanks the collapse of the wall. He sighed angrily, "A Pokemon Champion, huh...?" he fell to his knees, "Damn it!" he said, punching the floor, "I was so close! I was a Champion for an instant, and he took it all away from me!"

"A Champion, you say?"

"Who's there?!" Spence got up, darting around. An old man walked in, leather black bracers, red spiky hair and a long red cape...

"How long have you...?"

"I heard everything, young man."

"How... embarassing," Spence sighed, turning around to hear the echos of the wind howling through. His eyes drifted along the walls, "...I sound childish, don't I? Maybe I feel like this because... the person who defeated me... was my rival, my brother."

The man placed his hand to Spence's shoulder, "You're a compassionate person, aren't you? I can see it written all over you. It's no surprise you're so strong. But... how did you feel being a Champion, even though it was just for that short of time?"

Spence gasped, looking inside himself for that answer. But he couldn't... Why?

"Don't you think, the reason why you were getting stronger... wasn't to become Champion, but instead.... Wasn't it to prove yourself against your brother?"

"You're..." Spence wondered. The reason why he started becoming the trainer he was today. The sole purpose he set off on his journey two years ago. It was for that very reason, wasn't it? "...That's right. When I became Champion, I felt like I hadn't really accomplished anything at all. I was more or less trying to prove to myself that if I had made it this far, I had what it took to beat him. But before I realised that, he took it all away. I forgot what my dreams were in the beginning. And instead, I fought for the title, and I didn't fight for what was important to me. That's why I lost. I understand now..."

The man nodded with a smirk, walking around him and towards the sky.

"Hey, be careful old man! That's a long way down!"

"Hah! Old man? The name's Lance, by the way. I had just beaten a trainer several days ago... Probably equally as skilled as you. It was a really close match. I came to travel a bit before I had to go back and see the sights, but alas... my work means I'm always busy. I should hurry and get back. You should consider travelling again as well. It was nice meeting you, Spence. Alder's told me a lot about you." The man half turned, his cape flickering in the wind as he smiled mysteriously.

"Huh? Alder...? You know him?!" Spence jumped.

Before he answered, he had already sent a pokeball into the air. A Dragonite formed from the burst of light, giving a proud bellow.

"That's a... Dragonite! Amazing!!" Spence watched in awe. The dragon tamer ran, leaping atop of his proud pokemon and souring into the unknown. Spence watched him fly away in a gaze.

---

"Lance is... A POKEMON CHAMPION!?!" he blasted at Cat before crossing his arms, "And here I thought he was just some crazy dragon tamer... That explains a lot. Someday, I'd like the chance to battle him as well. If he's as tough as Alder, bring him on," he grinned to himself.

At this point, Jazz was jumping around dancing around both the Dusknoir and Lucario, just humming and singing any old song.

Spence's eyes glanced at the other trainer with silver hair. He walked over, offering a hand for a handshake, "And what's your name? Where are you from?" he smiled.

Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:16 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

"... Ow. My ears." I winced at the shout, Hektor letting out a little whine in emphasis, before tilting his head at the bouncing Whimsicott. At his enthusiasm, I smirked ferally, letting my lips peel back over my teeth in a smile more suited to a hungry Houndoom.

"I'm afraid you're going to have to wait your turn, dude. Lance promised me a rematch after our last tangle, and I hear he usually attends the Circuit Tournament. It's payback time, and this time, I'm going to win. No doubt he's gotten better... but so have I."

Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:26 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I listened to the short conversation about Lance between Cat and this new trainer, Spence. Cat told the story of how she almost beat him, and how she wanted a rematch at the Tournament, and Spence showed his shock by yelling.

Then he turned towards me and extended his hand. "And what's your name? Where are you from?" he said, smiling.

"My name's Seth McGrath." I said, shaking his hand. "I'm from Hoenn, like Cat, but I've got badges from Hoenn and Sinnoh. I didn't challenge the Hoenn League, but Cynthia stopped me in Sinnoh."

((Btw, I just remembered there was a mess-up with my profile info; I'm about to change it.))

~Neil Peart

Mon Dec 19, 2011 4:27 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

OC: Wait, so are we all on the same boat? Does that mean that I can introduce my character, or...

Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:36 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Realizing that the trainers were preoccupied, Shade flew off to get Silas.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I lay on my bed. "Do you think we'll do well at the Circuit?"

<From what I've heard the trainers are very tough. Although I think that we have a chance, it will be tough.> Fury replied.

"Ya." I said as I sat up. Seeing a figure I rolled off the bed and grabbed my staff, and then realized it was Shade. "How long have you been there?"

<Not long.>

"Did you discover anything?" I asked.

<One of the trainers had a Lucario, a strong one too. It saw me before I learned anything. There is also a third trainer with a Pokemon that I'm not familiar with.>

"Probably a Unova Poke then, we've never really fought any of those before."

<I think that you should come meet them.> said Shade. <You may learn more then I did.>

"Ok. Lead the way. Are you coming Fury?"

<Of course.> came Fury's curt reply.

Mon Dec 19, 2011 3:12 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

((tt, if you're in Sinnoh, you're not on the same boat as me, Pory, Dare, and Crunchy, we're coming from Hoenn. Trainer-Purple is coming from Kanto (right?), so you guys are coming in separately. Dare, feel free to talk to the others, guys feel free to post to him, but I'm going to move on fairly soon so we can actually get to the island.))

Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:01 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

((yep, Kanto.))

I walked back into my room, getting occasinal knocks from interviewers who had seen the battle first-person. I answered the first few but started declining the later ones. I then fell asleep, ready for the final day of travel.

Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:06 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

((Added nicks to my on-hand Pokemon; just thought it would be better for calling purposes.)

After the conversation with spence, I looked around. Everyone was letting one or two of their Pokemon stretch but me.

"Ok guys, hope you don't mind. I'm gonna let one of my Pokemon stretch out." I took a Pokeball off of my belt. Throwing it up in the air, i said, "Shadow, let's go!"

The Disaster Pokemon came out of his Pokeball in the air and landed on its feet gracefully. "Absol!" it cried. I smiled and approaced it, stroking his fur. "Hey, boy. These are some friends I just met, Cat and Spence." I motion at them respectively. "They're going to be competing with us."

After a few minutes, I decided to try something. "Hey, Shadow." I said. He looked at me. "Lucario can telepathically communicate with people. Can you do that thing too, even though you're a Dark Type?"

<Yes! You finally put it together. Nice one!> It spoke sarcastically. I laughed. "I'll take that as a yes. Why didn't you show me this before?"

<Well, you didn't seem to have a clue this was possible, so I decided not to speak and save you a change of pants.>

"Hey, I wouldn't have been that freaked out. I mean, I've seen weirder things."

<Haha, whatever you say...> Shadow said.

At that moment, I forgot to tell the group something pretty important. "Oh crap! I forgot to tell you guys. Absols are the Disaster Pokemon, so unless you want the ship to go through a hurricane, please don't piss him off too badly. He's been trying to control his anger lately, but sometimes it slips out. Even last week, I accidentally stepped on his claw, and a few seconds later, we get seven inches of freezing rain." I shuddered. "You might've heard about it on the news or something."

<Hey! It hurt, ok?>

((Hope you don't mind making Absol telepathic. I just thought it should fit, since Absol is a more paranormal Dark Type.))

~Neil Peart

Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:25 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 210 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next