It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:28 am

Reply to topic  [ 666 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next
 Nuzlocke Challenge 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Well, started a nuzlocke on my emerald and on my red.

However, the red is discontinued and my yellow nuzlocke is on a hiatus...

I might post my emerald here.

Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:16 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

A while back I had located my original Sapphire Nuzlocke I was doing, and promptly wiped on Norman. I think I was supposed to be training before facing him, but forgot. So I started a new game and decided to play an easy-mode Nuzlocke.

My rules:
-Catch first pokemon of the area, but no duplicates.
-can only use items i pick up (no revives), but I may purchase pokeballs of any type
-Must nickname all pokemon. (When I get to Slateport I can rename the pokemon I'd caught up to this point. Not sure if I like this xxxHolic theme I have going here and I mixed up the warashi's. The Taillow should be Zashiki and the Whismur should be Ame >.<)
-Poison death outside of battle doesn't count, but I must use antidotes or full heals to cure it if I have them
-Fainting by crit or by my spamming A and not looking at the screen results in the pokemon going into intensive care. (Box pokemon until next gym is defeated, and place a mark. If it faints after the last mark is filled, it didn't survive the operation and is dead.)
-Fainting otherwise results in death.

I know, too easy. I keep wiping myself while watching TV just because I'm not paying attention, and I really need to finish this file already >.<

So at this point I'm training up my team a little before heading to Dewford. I'll be catching a pokemon in Dewford Town (probably Magikarp >.<) and in the cave before facing the gym.

Team:
Watanuki Godzilla, {treecko} caught at level 5 (Littleroot Town), Rash nature, now level 14
Doumeki Bandit, {zigzagoon} caught at level 2 (Route 103), Hardy nature, now level 10
Himawari Diana, {ralts} caught at level 4 (Route 102), Adamant nature, now level 10 (Anyone remember EP's Nuzlocke when he caught the pikachu? that was me when this popped out of the grass. Put her in my fancy premier ball)
Morodashi Mothra, {wurmple} - {cascoon} - {dustox} caught at level 5 (Route 104), Bold nature, now level 16
Marudashi Chantrelle, {shroomish} caught at level 6 (Petalburg Woods), Brave nature, now level 15 (I was hoping for a Silcoon here, but she single-handedly took out Roxanne's gym, so hurrah! Went in level 11, came out level 15 ^_^)
Amewarashi Michiru, {taillow} caught at level 6 (Route 116), Timid nature, now level 17

Boxed:
Zashiki Rita, {whismur} caught at level 7 (Rusturf Tunnel), Lonely nature

Intensive Care:
Yuuko Lassie, {poochyena} caught at level 2 (Route 101), Bashful nature, now level 10 (in intensive care, one of those spam A and not look at the screen for 5 minutes >.<)
==========================================================================

edit - Finished training, caught a couple pokemon, and defeated Brawley in Dewford. Next stop: Clear Granite Cave and talk to Steven. I'm counting each floor in the caves / dungeons as different areas, so I'll be getting two more guys in there. (The reasoning being that this an EZmode run and there's different pokemon on the different floors)
I've decided on the name changes I'll make in Slateport and edited them in accordingly. Next update will be after defeating (or being defeated by) Mauville's Gym Leader. I don't have much I can use against him yet... Tyson might be my best bet. Better train him up :P

Team:
Godzilla, {treecko} level 14
Bandit, {zigzagoon} level 10
Diana, {ralts} level 16
Chantrelle, {shroomish} level 15
Lassie, {poochyena} level 10
Tyson, {makuhita} caught at level 8 (Granite Cave 1F), Quirky nature

Boxed:
Mothra, {dustox} level 16
Michiru, {taillow} level 19 -> Took out most of Dewford Gym
Rita, {whismur} level 7
Haku, {magikarp} caught at level 7 (Dewford Town), Gentle nature

Reduced length of = line to prevent horizontal screen stretching. -FW

Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:31 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Well, things didn't work out as planned....

First of all, the new additions to the team:
Robo Dog 9 {aron}, caught at level 10 (Granite Cave B1F), Bold nature, now level 18
Sparky {electrike}, caught at level 13 (Route 110), Bold nature

Missed Catch: Granite Cave B2F {abra}. I even used my precious Ultra Ball that Bandit found for me, but it broke out :(

I cleared Granite Cave and spoke with Steven, went back to Rustboro to collect my Exp. Share, cleared the trainers at Slateport's beach, delivered the goods, defeated Team Aqua, cleared trainers on Route 110 and 103, cleared the Trick House for the first time. Somewhere along the way I put Diana in intensive care because I was spamming A like a fool. So I couldn't use her against May as planned, but I defeated May and Wally and then trained up Tyson to take on the gym.

Tyson was level 23 when I started against Watson, but i miscalculated how much damage he'd take and didn't potion up when I should have. The rest of my team wasn't really any good against him so I hadn't bothered training them up.... so full party wipe on Watson T.T In retrospect, I should have saved the potions and let him wipe me quickly, but I kept hoping against hope that I'd land a crit at the perfect moment so he wouldn't get to use his potion. Anyways...

Team:
Mothra {dustox} level 16
Michiru {taillow} level 20
Rita {whismur} level 7
Sparky {electrike} level 13
Haku {magikarp} level 7

Intensive Care:
Diana {ralts} level 17

Missed Catch:
Granite Cave B2F - Abra

Dead:
Tyson - Makuhita - level 23
Bandit - Zigzagoon - level 12
Godzilla - Grovyle - level 20
Chantrelle - Shroomish - level 15
Lassie - Poochyena - level 14
Robo Dog 9 - Aron - level 18

My next attempt against Watson will be very tricky with what I have left. I have much grinding ahead of me. I kind of want to just start over, but let's see how far this team can take me. To be continued!

Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:24 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Beat my Sapphire run with Zoe and Koo as the only survivors.
Cancelled all the others.
Playing Brown now. It's a gen 1 ROM hack. My team isn't great, but it's fun.

Sapphire: Blaziken Sololocke (heading for Wattson)
Platinum: Regular (preparing for Candice, grinding up my new Glaceon)
Soulsilver: Regular (exploring Kanto and fighting random trainers to gain some levels to then fly around and take on all the gyms super quickly)
White: Regular (post-game crap, not doing much currently, because most of the post game content is battles that I'm not ready for and stuff that requires HMs I don't want to use)

Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:07 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

xerovene wrote:
Beat my Sapphire run with Zoe and Koo as the only survivors.
Cancelled all the others.
Playing Brown now. It's a gen 1 ROM hack. My team isn't great, but it's fun.

Grats on beating your Sapphire run! I have yet to be able to finish any, no matter how easy I make it. Impatience always gets me killed >.<

I'm still grinding my team. It's taking forever T_T If I wipe on Watson again, I'm going to scrap it and start over. There will be one or two fish in my PC that I could try again with, but I'd have to really overgrind them to be able to survive.

Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:21 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: Avoiding roasted cabbage, not eating earwax, and looking on the bright side of life
Wow, I haven't posted here in a while. Can't even remember where I left off. Oh well, I started another nuzlocke anyway:
Game: Sapphire
Rules: Nickname all pokemon; when a pokemon faints, it goes in a PC box to never be used again; Only catch what you first encounter in each route, town, city, cave, etc; When all pokemon on the team die, it's game over; Unless the rest of the team is very good, when the starter dies, it's game over; Anything else I forgot.

Team thus far:
{torchic} Pyro-level 13-Hasty
{whismur} Blare-level 5-Naive
{zigzagoon} Fale-level 8-Naive
{zigzagoon} Leon-level 6-Lax

-DEAD-
{poochyena} Lupimoon-level 4-Lax
{zigzagoon} Kisper-level 11-Docile

Grinding before taking on Roxanne.

Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:03 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Yeah! buying Pokemon are somehow "loop holes" .
Gotta try this Nuzlocke Challenge later.

I'm just wondering of Whismur...
:D :D :D

salamence47™|RN

{garchomp} {gyarados} {salamence} {kingdra} {altaria}

Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:43 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Time for an update. First off I went back to Petalburg and Dewford to catch a few more pokemon.
New Additions:
Queenie {goldeen}, caught at level 6 (Petalburg City), Lonely nature, now level 14
Jewel {tentacool}, caught at level 5 (Route 106), Docile nature
Bandito {zigzagoon} / {linoone}, caught at level 13 (Route 117), Careful nature, now level 26

So, the pokemon I had to choose from were whismur, taillow, dustox, zigzagoon, electrike, tentacool, goldeen and magikarp. I boxed tentacool and taillow (who became a swellow whilst catching the new additions), and kept magikarp and goldeen in the team for sacrificing if need be. I intended to go into the battle with the other four at level 30, but got bored grinding. So I went in with level 30 loudred, level 26 linoone and the other two at level 20. Amazingly, I defeated Watson with only my Loudred. I did have a level advantage, but I expected the steel typing to stall her to the point of death.
So my Nuzlocke shall continue a while longer ^_^ I'm going to train up all my fishies for the next gym, and retire Rita for the time being. To be continued!

Team:
Diana {ralts} level 17
Bandito {linoone} level 26
Sparky {electrike} level 20
Jewel {tentacool} level 5
Haku {magikarp} level 15
Queenie {goldeen} level 14

Boxed
Mothra {dustox} level 20
Michiru {swellow} level 22
Rita {loudred} level 30

Missed Catch:
Granite Cave B2F - Abra

Dead:

Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:00 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I'm taking a break from my FireRed Nuzlocke (where I'm grinding for the E4), and am trying to take a stab at one on Ruby. I've made it to Rustboro, and am going to take on Roxanne soon. It's the same rules as my FireRed and evrything. Without further ado...

Party:
{treecko} Sandra: Female, Lv. 12
Received from Professor Birch
{cascoon} Herman: Male, Lv. 8
Caught on Route 101
{seedot} Redwood: Male, Lv. 7
Caught on Route 102
{poochyena} Axel: Male, Lv. 5
Caught on Route 103
{slakoth} Patterson: Male, Lv. 5
Caught in Petalburg Woods

Dead:
{wurmple} Victoria: Female, Lv. 6
Caught in Route 104
Died to Magma Grunt's Poocheyena

I got really lucky on Redwood and Patterson, although some might not agree. Slaking has incredibly high Attack and Speed stats, aside from it's horrible ability. I will avenge Victoria for sure, since I'll have plenty of oppurtubities to own some Magma n00bs in the future. For now, Herman weeps at the loss of his love. And this time, I'm making it into a comic. :o

Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:41 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

twistedturtwig wrote:
And this time, I'm making it into a comic. :o

a comic?! *jealous* I can't draw worth anything. will we get to see it here? (or at least get a link to it)

Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:56 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Dangertrout wrote:
twistedturtwig wrote:
And this time, I'm making it into a comic. :o

a comic?! *jealous* I can't draw worth anything. will we get to see it here? (or at least get a link to it)

Depends on how long it takes me to draw the first strip. And learn how to draw. :x Nah, I'm just being too critical of myself. And then there's the whole uploading it to the Internet part. So truth be told, if it ever comes, it probably won't be coming for a while. Maybe I'll just write a story. Although that wouldn't convey the awesomeness enough...

Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:12 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Well, things happened, so time for another update.
New Additions:
Hatsuharu {numel}, caught at level 14 (Route 112), Hardy nature, now level 15
Austin {machop}, caught at level 15 (Fiery Path), Modest nature
Stan {sandshrew}, caught at level 14 (Route 113), Sassy nature
Yume {swablu}, caught at level 16 (Route 114), Hardy nature
Dentures {zubat}, caught at level 16 (Meteor Falls), Relaxed nature

Alright, so I was training and doing all that meteor story line. My gyarados was doing most of the fighting at this point but I hit a string of bad luck and he died. Swapped some pokemon around, went up to Mount Chimney, took on Archie and got hit by another string of retardedness. Many crits and self-inflicted damage due being confused later and party wipe on Archie. T_T
I lost all my favorites, so I don't really want to continue.... but we'll see how far Rita can get pretty much on her own.

Team:
Rita {loudred} level 30
Michiru {swellow} level 22
Sparky {electrike} level 20
Austin {machop} level 15
Yume {swablu} level 16
Dentures {zubat} level 16

Boxed:
Mothra {dustox} level 20

Dead:
Haku - Gyarados - level 22
Diana - Ralts - level 17
Jewel - Tentacool - level 20
Hatsuharu - Numel - level 15
Queenie - Goldeen - level 17
Stan - Sandshrew - level 14
Bandito - Linoone - level 30
===============================================================================================
Ok, the good news is: I killed Archie. Unfortunately, I'm only left with a machop, swablu, zubat and dustox. Dustox being the highest level at 20. (How the level 17 machop killed Archie's level 25 Sharpedo is beyond me) The only thing I can catch before Flannery is a spoink or numel..... I'd have to grind at least 10 levels on each of these for any hope of survival in the next gym, and I just don't have the patience for that.
And thus ends my Sapphire nuzlocke :oops:

Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:34 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I started this on my FireRed but the save file was deleted :cry:
I'm currently playing Emerald. I'm at Mauville City grinding my team.

Team:
{combusken} Phoenix-Jolly-Lv.21
Route 101 (Professor Birch)
{ralts} Zelda-Mild-Lv.18
Route 102
{shroomish} Link-Quirky-Lv.18
Petalburg Woods
{ninjask} BB-Jolly-Lv.20
Route 116
{whismur} Amps-Impish-Lv.13
Rusturf Tunnel
{shedinja} Casper-Jolly-Lv.20
BB evolved

Box:
{geodude} RockyXVI-Timid-Lv.8
Granite Cave
{oddish} Bulbasaur-Quiet-Lv.13
Route 110

Dead:
{poochyena} Wolfos-Modest-Lv.10
Route 104
Too much poison, not enough antidotes :cry:

Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:42 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

gl DragoBoy! hope your run goes well. =)
I'm doing a variation of an egglocke now. I gave myself really easy rules, but i'll probably tweak it to be harder as I go. I didn't expect the pokemon to be so broken. (the first egg i hatched had a geodude with rock slide / fire blast / earthquake / double-edge)

Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:01 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I beat Roxanne, and am searching for those Devon Goods. Added a new member my team, and leveled up everybody a bit.

Party:
{treecko} Sandra: Female, Lv. 14
{cascoon} Herman: Male, Lv. 9
Caught on Route 101
{seedot} Redwood: Male, Lv. 12
Caught on Route 102
{poochyena} Axel: Male, Lv. 7
Caught on Route 103
{slakoth} Patterson: Male, Lv. 8
{nincada} Felix: Male, Lv. 7
Caught in Route 116

Dead:
Caught in Route 104

I taught Redwood Bullet Seed through my TM, and I'm pretty glad to have done so. Roxanne nearly killed Sandra, and then Redwood, but he hung on at 2 HP and pulled off a 4x Bullet Seed. Phew! Anyways, I'm off chasing that Magma grunt again, so I'll mess him up pretty good for Victoria. I'm pretty glad to have gotten Felix, as I'm a big fan of the bug type and Nincada's line especially. Got to remember go be ready for him to evolve so I can get a Shedinja! Now what to name him...

On a side note, if anyone reading this can guess why I named each of my Pokemon what I did, you get a cookie! (Excluding Sandra and Herman. Felix is pretty hard though.)

Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:35 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Training before Brawly in Granite Cave.

Party:
{treecko} Sandra: Female, Lv. 15
{dustox} Herman: Male, Lv. 13
Caught on Route 101
{seedot} Redwood: Male, Lv. 13
Caught on Route 102
{poochyena} Axel: Male, Lv. 8
Caught on Route 103
{slakoth} Patterson: Male, Lv. 8
{nincada} Felix: Male, Lv. 7
Caught in Route 116

Dead:
Caught in Route 104

So I've made it to Dewford, and decided to grind a bit before my battle. I was in B2 of Granite Cave, when out of nowhere... a Mawile! I was intent to capture it, but it ended up breaking out of most of my balls, and killing Sandra and Redwood in the process, I was about to give up, when the window (I'm using an emulator) froze, then closed out. I had saved right before the cave, so now everything is back to normal! I hope this time I can actually catch one, or even better, an Abra...

Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:08 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

That's almost too convenient... ;) Good luck against Brawly :)

I think I'll post my Sapphire egglocke adventures here.
Rules:
can only purchase pokeballs (to catch fodder so i can trade over the eggs)
hatch one egg per area
faint = death
must nickname all pokemon (i forgot to name 2 of them >.< I'll fix that at Slateport)

I'm just in front of Petalburg Woods. I need to send over the next group of eggs and then train for Roxanne.

Team:

Rocky {geodude} Littleroot Town, Sassy, Sturdy, Level 14
Rock Slide / Fire Blast / Earthquake / Double-Edge

Charles {eevee} Route 101, Hardy, Run Away, Level 14
Flail / Hidden Power / Bite / Quick Attack

Ace {pidgey} Route 103, Hasty, Keen Eye, Level 14
Steel Wing / Hidden Power / Quick Attack / Wing Attack

- {gulpin} Route 102, Bold, Sticky Hold, Level 14
Yawn / Dream Eater / Return / Sludge Bomb

- {wooper} Route 104, Bashful, Water Absorb, Level 5
Ancient Power / Ice Beam / Earthquake / Slam

Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:15 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

After I finish Brown I think I'll try to do a comic run. But that won't be for a long time.

On another note, just caught an Abra in Brown, still training for gym 1 because I play uber slow.

Soulsilver: Regular (exploring Kanto and fighting random trainers to gain some levels to then fly around and take on all the gyms super quickly)
White: Regular (post-game crap, not doing much currently, because most of the post game content is battles that I'm not ready for and stuff that requires HMs I don't want to use)

Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:22 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I finally got around to beating Roxanne. I'm sticking with the team i have for now and will only hatch more eggs if someone dies. Forgot to name my final team member as well >.< but I can fix that at Slateport. What was funny was I traded away my original starter for one of my eggs, and ended up with the egg being the same pokemon :P

Team:
Rocky {geodude} Littleroot Town, Sassy, Sturdy, Level 15

Charles {eevee} Route 101, Hardy, Run Away, Level 14 -> Level 15 and evolved into {umbreon} Somehow I did not expect that, since the internal battery is dead. I guess it's stuck in "night" mode.
Flail / Hidden Power / Bite / Quick Attack

Ace {pidgey} Route 103, Hasty, Keen Eye, Level 14 -> Level 17

- {gulpin} Route 102, Bold, Sticky Hold, Level 14 -> Level 16

- {wooper} Route 104, Bashful, Water Absorb, Level 15

- {torchic} Petalburg Woods, Naughty, Blaze, Level 13 -> Level 15
Rock Slide / Overheat / Flamethrower / Slash -> Cut. I can't believe I had to drop Slash for Cut. T_T
=======================================================================================

Edit - Just beat Brawly, I'll just add in the new team information next to the existing stuff above

Last edited by Dangertrout on Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:28 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I'm an evil double-poster :twisted: But I have defeated Watson! Wiped his team with a single Geodude, which was a nice change from last time when he wiped my entire team. I got everyone named properly and Ace, Nelly and El Diablo evolved. Anyways, continuing on to Flannery's gym. Hopefully I make it there this time ^_^ Since my team is so broken with moves, I've been going into battles slightly under-level.

Team:
Rocky {geodude} Littleroot Town, Sassy, Sturdy, Level 23

Charles {umbreon} Route 101, Hardy, Synchronize, Level 20
Flail/ Hidden Power / Bite / Quick Attack -> Flash. Someone had to learn it, and not many could. I hate that move :(

Ace {pidgeotto} Route 103, Hasty, Keen Eye, Level 19

Maggie {gulpin} Route 102, Bold, Sticky Hold, Level 19

Nelly {quagsire} Route 104, Bashful, Water Absorb, Level 20

El Diablo {combusken} Petalburg Woods, Naughty, Blaze, Level 20
Rock Slide / Overheat / Flamethrower/ Cut -> Double Kick. In a perfect world, I'd have tossed cut, but I need that stupid move for exploration purposes.
==========================================================================
Edit - R.I.P. Ace and Maggie. Both fell to Archie's Sharpedo. Not sure which attack got them, because I wasn't actually paying attention at the time. :frustrated: I imagine Crunch was the culprit. Hatching replacements and training them up a bit before heading to Flannery

Reduced length of = line to prevent horizontal screen stretching. -FW

Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:24 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Finally got around to hatching my replacements. Training up a bit before heading to Flannery.

Team:

Rocky {graveler} Littleroot Town, Sassy, Sturdy, Level 25
Rock Slide / Fire Blast / Earthquake / Double-Edge -> Rock Smash

Charles {umbreon} Route 101, Hardy, Synchronize, Level 25
Flash / Hidden Power / Bite / Quick Attack

Nelly {quagsire} Route 104, Bashful, Water Absorb, Level 25

El Diablo {combusken} Petalburg Woods, Naughty, Blaze, Level 25
Rock Slide / Overheat / Double Kick / Cut

Gertrude {snubbull} Petalburg City, Lax, Intimidate, Level 5 -> level 15
Crunch / Metronome / Thunder / Lick -> Bite

Bandit {zigzagoon} Route 116, Bold, Pickup, Level 5
Pursuit / Thief / Covet / Pin Missile

R.I.P.:
Ace {pidgeotto}
Maggie {gulpin}

Is anyone else doing Nuzlocke's anymore? I'm lonely T_T

Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:51 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Don't worry Dangertrout! I'm still in it! I just haven't been posting much lately, as I'm just grinding now for my FireRed E4. Herbert and Aquario were the only two good members left in my team, so I'm working to make the rest of my guys even stronger! Good luck on your Egglocke! (Also, I've been getting ideas ready for my comic, and have looked through a couple of how-to-draw Pokemon books, and hope to start once I have a spare second to draw :frustrated: )

Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:06 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I'm at the weather institute about to destroy those aqua grunts Over and done with, beat May aswell. Casper died soon after I got him. He beat the first three of Wattson's pokes but Magneton KO'd him. :cry: But he was Shedinja, so what do you expect? I replaced him with a Marill from route 117 who single handedly defeated the entire fire gym. BB died later on and was replaced with a Swablu.

Team:
{blaziken} Phoenix-Lv.36

{kirlia} Zelda-Lv.25

{breloom} Link-Lv.28 29

{azumarill} Tuffy-Jolly-Lv.30
Route 117

{loudred} Amps-Lv.24 25

{swablu} Cirrus-Quirky-Lv.26 28
Route 114

Box:
{geodude} RockyXVI-Lv.8

{oddish} Bulbasaur-Lv.13

{trapinch} Commando-Docile-Lv.20
Route 111 (Desert)

{slugma} Gary-Rash-Lv.15
Fiery Path

{spinda} Drunkard-Modest-Lv.15
Route 113

{solrock} Halley-Careful-Lv.16
Meteor Fallls

{magnemite} plusNminus-Bold-Lv.24
New Mauville

{tropius} Potassium-Jolly-Lv.26
Route 119

{castform} Forecast-Naughty-Lv.25
Weather Institute

Dead:
{poochyena} Wolfos

{shedinja} Casper

{ninjask} BB

Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:39 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Accidental dupe post edit

Last edited by xerovene on Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:32 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Canceled Brown, but I'm getting really into both of my gen 4 cartridge games and making huge progress, so once I'm done with them I'm probably gonna restart Soulsilver for a Nuzlocke. I'm probably going to pick Chikorita.

People always talk about how Chikorita doesn't get type match-ups with gym leaders in Johto, but hey, there's more to the game than gyms, lots of other trainers use rock/ground/water types. And hey, a high-defense grass type is a force to be reckoned with. Dual screens, status moves, synthesis- Meganium is a utility MONSTER, and with swords dance can actually be a powerhouse of a physical attacker.

Sure, weakness to the first gym leader, Falkner is pathetically low-leveled and there are multiple locations where you can catch both rock and electric types before fighting him, plus lots of type-neutral 'mons.
Keeping a ten-foot-pole between Chikorita and Bugsy you're perfectly fine, 'cause hey, remember those rock types I mentioned earlier? Now there are even MORE places you can catch them! :D
Whitney's a great time to show off that Bayleef that you've probably got by now. Complete type neutrality, and Whitney is known for wrecking teams with that Miltank, it has powerful attacks, attract to be a troll, and milk drink to keep going. Know what I say to that? Hey, Whitney, this is a friend I call poisonpowder, you may not like her very much. Oh yeah, don't worry, that's just reflect, it makes your full attacking moveset really weak. Oh you did some damage to me while I was setting up, no worries, here's synthesis. Oh yeah, these razor sharp leaves are just gonna slice you to bits now. LOL And you say Bayleef is bad?
Morty is not the ideal place for Bayleef to be used with all his pokes being immune to poison status and resistant to grass attacks. So no. Not here.
Oh look, Chuck, he's just asking for a reflect right in his face, and a good ol' razor/magical leaf would just love the face of that Poliwrath.
Jasmine could see some Bayleefage, though unlikely.
Pryce, nuh-uh.
Clare, again, maybe, and by now you should be Meganiuming it up.
Meganium could also see use against Will's Slowbro and most of Bruno.

And then there's Kanto.
Surge? Eh, maybe if you have to. Sure, Meganium resists, but at this point, c'mon, you should have a big bulky EQ user to laugh at Surge.
Anyway, Sabrina's team is mostly made of special sweepers that would just love a big fat tank with light screen in their face.
Erika? Janine? You've got better options.
Misty? Meganium will guaranteed make short work of Golduck and Quagsire, and with light screen if you're willing to take some risks from ice beam could probably sweep all of Misty.
Oh, Brock. Meganium get's 4x type advantage over his entire team. Even with weak attacks, the whole battle is just a joke.
Blaine? You have a big earthquake user for that, remember?
Blue? Meganium can easily face Rhydon and Machamp, more if you're willing to take some (small) risks and strategize.

Red? Well you figure it out, Meganium can see some use there. You've got multiple full accuracy blizzard users, but I bet your mom has been buying you a bunch of those type advantage berries you don't know what to do with. Weaken an ice attack, light screen, and then do your thing Meganium. Like a boss.

And remember what I said earlier, gym leaders aren't the whole game. Remember all those fisherman, with their Goldeen, Seaking, Remoraid, Octillery, and other stupid fish that no one remembers, that you killed your badass Meganium? Remember those Hikers who you laughed at when they sent out their rock/ground types? Remember every single last delicious Quagsire? Yes. You will. Seriously, give it a chance, you'll discover it's kind of a BOSS. Even though I haven't used it yet. But still, theoretically. I'm gonna stop sabotaging myself now. Go pick Chikorita.

{chikorita} {bayleef} {meganium}

Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:33 am
Reply to topic   [ 666 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next