It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:49 am

Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ] 
 What Pokemon have you put the most effort into? 
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

In terms of breeding, training, etc?

I'm pretty sure mine is the Wynaut I just hatched: 30-31 HP, 31 Def, 31 Sp Def, and an Impish Nature. I've bred probably hundreds of times trying to get this one, for the Battle Frontier. And I'm sure I'll spend a while longer, too, since Wynaut/Wobbuffett is hard to train without killing itself. Nonetheless, that's what I'm going to do.

Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:28 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Ironicly on my Generation 3 game, it took me a long time to get a SHUCKLE. First I had to capture one on my sister's Emerald game. Then I traded it to my Firered game and started breeding for a Careful or Impish Shuckle. Of course all the countless eggs either had a bad nature or had bad IVs. Eventually it got so tedeous and boring that I started to breed on my other Ruby game where breeding was faster. So there was some more rentless hatching then. And then FINALLY I got a Sassy one with pretty good IVs. Its speed sucks anyway so a -nature won't do much.

EV training didn't seem that hard to me. I just slapped an EXP share in it and started gringing against Tangelas, Tentacools, (Firered) and Wishmurs (Ruby). And getting it to Lv100 wasn't that hard either because I just dropped it off at the daycare, clamped the up button on one of those 'bike slopes', and waited a few days until he was Lv100.

Now I've got a trained SHUCKLE!

Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:54 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Wow, that clamping the up button idea is a really, really good idea... That's gonna be useful as well. Thanks!

I worked hard on getting my Salamence. Went to Meteor Falls and caught a Bagon, then did several months of egg-hatching to get an Adamant natured, male Bagon with Dragon Dance and 31/31/31/30/30/30 IVs. Yes, that's hidden power flying. Then it was just a little training to get it EV'd up and to level 100, and then I had my first ever perfect Pokemon in-game. I was so happy about that.

I got him through Pal Park to my Diamond version, and if I get B/W I'll be transferring him there. I put in far too much effort to lose him.

Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:03 am
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

As far as Hoenn goes, the Pokémon that most fits the bill for me is Metagross.

Ever since I've seen Metagross it's become a top contender on my favorites list, probably because it tanks like such a beast. Its titanic attack stat, Steel/Psychic typing, and access to moves like Agility and his signature move Meteor Mash, which can even give him attack boosts...yeah, it's fun to make him nigh impregnable. (Yes, I'm well aware that Clefable gets MM too, but for all intents and purposes it's Metagross' signature move.)

Since adopting him into my team in Sapphire I've made it a habit of EV training a Metagross in every game I acquire (with a 252/252/6 spread) and teaching Metang Meteor Mash before evolving the guy. I frequently use him as a lead, and because of that Metagross can be considered one of my two signature competitive Pokemon - the other one being my overall favorite, Claydol.

Fun times indeed.

Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:45 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

My swampert or tyranatar both Lv. 100

Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:50 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

All 3 of my Dragonites that took forever to train

Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:51 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Oh yeah I had to train a dragonite to Lv.100 one time its tough

Sun Dec 04, 2011 1:25 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

mine was my arcanine Image .
first I took one of my sisters Eevees with a adamant nature evolved it into a umbreon caught four Dittos and got one with the right nature.
then I took my male smeargle and double grass battled with the pokemon that knew the moves that I wanted.
after that I breed for a female growlithe. stuck the female growlithe with the smeargle then breed there offspring with the adamant Ditto holding an everstone and hatched until I got a male adamant growlithe with the egg moves Crunch, Close Combat, Flare Blitz and Morning Sun.
I evoled him as soon as he hatched then I EV trained until his attack was maxed then stuck him in the daycare until he was LV.100 and now I have a pokemon that all of unova fears.

I know this is not Hoenn but I don't play that game much.

3DS FC: 0104-0278-1948

deviantART wrote:
Vectors-R-US:
They do it to trigger fan-fictions. Fur da lulz. Cuz you know how those fan stories can get... *shudders*

VladimirMacHolzraum:
So the writers put things in the show just so they can read our screwed-up fanfics? That explains everything

Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:40 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Well at first for me I could not figure out how to evolve growlithe, then I was like duh Firestone

Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:16 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

{larvitar}. I tried to catch one, until I got one with a Brave nature, all-31 IVs, turned it into a {pupitar} and then into a {tyranitar}, switched it to FR/LG, gave it Thunder Wave, Rock Slide, Earthquake and Body Slam. Then stored it into my box forever.

Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:31 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Anson409 wrote:
Well at first for me I could not figure out how to evolve growlithe, then I was like duh Firestone

ya I cinda left that out. :D

deviantART wrote:
Vectors-R-US:
They do it to trigger fan-fictions. Fur da lulz. Cuz you know how those fan stories can get... *shudders*

VladimirMacHolzraum:
So the writers put things in the show just so they can read our screwed-up fanfics? That explains everything

Thu Dec 08, 2011 5:53 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

It is annoying when you are a noob and don't know what to do

Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:39 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Anson409 wrote:

Noob =/= Newb.

Newb: Normal user. Respects other people, but just joined, and is clueless. Evolves into Normal User.
Noob: Newb, but instead loves to annoy other people. Evolves into Troll.

Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:27 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Psy_Butterfree wrote:
Anson409 wrote:

Noob =/= Newb.

Newb: Normal user. Respects other people, but just joined, and is clueless. Evolves into Normal User.
Noob: Newb, but instead loves to annoy other people. Evolves into Troll.

{ditto} this kind of stuf makes people think. or at least makes me think.

deviantART wrote:
Vectors-R-US:

VladimirMacHolzraum:

Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:59 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Usually after I finish a game, I start over with pokemon that I wouldn't usually use.
This round I'm putting the most effort into a shedinja, mainly b/c I want to destroy E4's Wallaces Team, mainly his milotic.

Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:51 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I put the most effort in breeding my snorlax to get a jolly munchlax! It took maybe 4 hours it is now a level 100 jolly snorlax, this is the pokemon ive put the most effort into and most proud of! Woot {snorlax} {snorlax} {snorlax} {snorlax} Woot!!!

Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:03 pm
Profile YIM WWW
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Mudkip. It's now over lvl 90.

Mon Feb 04, 2013 9:50 am
Reply to topic   [ 17 posts ]