It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:46 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Your opinion on Excadrill 
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Let's face it: Excadrill is one of the most lethal threats that Generation V brought to us. Sand Rush + Sand Stream courtesy of Tyranitar is devastating. But you knew that.

So what's your opinion on it? What do you think of it's banning on Smogon? How do you think it will fare in a new environment? I personally think banning it overall was smart. Once it gets a Swords Dance, it's good game. But it's below average defenses and exploitable weaknesses are what make me wonder if it was the best thing. But of course OU is so much more fun without it making me use something like Azumarril or Hitmontop to counter Excadrill. In the Ubers tier, I think it will have a difficult time because of the dominance of Kyogre and Groudon and, to an extent, Rayquaza. However, Tyranitar usage there is rising, so there is still hope.

I play on the Smogon PO server. If it's not up, then expect me on the Pokemon Online server. I play 5th gen UU, but I am more than happy to play 5th gen OU and Ubers

Last edited by yaysnivy34 on Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:54 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Exadrill is a pokemon I actually respect in Gen V. It has good stats, good abilities, and can learn Fissure at a certain level I am not certain of.

Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:43 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I do think Dory deserves to be Uber. In OU, it breaks speed tiers, even outspeeding Scarfed base 130's! He has sorta good defenses and a good typing; immunities to Toxic and T-wave rock. And if it gets a Swords Dance up, unless your physical wall is healthy or you have a poke with strong priority, you'd kiss your entire team goodbye since it would destroy practicly everything with EQ/Stone Edge/Return or X-Scissor. Pokes with priority (Mach Punch, Aqua Jet, etc) could revenge kill it, but most can only really switch in on a Swords Dance or Rapid Spin or after a kill. And there's only a few physical walls that can really wall it, like Gliscor.

In Ubers, I can see it as a threat. But apparently the Bulky set Smogon has is better in Uber than the Offensive set. Sand is kinda hard to keep up in Uber, since Kyogre and Groudon beat Tyranitar fairly easily, so Dory can't go offensive as easily. (Sorry but I cant go on another long rant. Just read that link from earlier)

Also... :)

Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:56 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Is the Bulky set good? Because with those frail defenses and less than ideal typing, I would think all-out attacking would be best. But then again, Rapid Spin in Ubers is hard to come bye, with Forretress getting murdered by sun teams anyway.

P.S. LOVE the fail :lol:

I play on the Smogon PO server. If it's not up, then expect me on the Pokemon Online server. I play 5th gen UU, but I am more than happy to play 5th gen OU and Ubers

Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:01 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Location: (Well the location of my face) Infront of the D.S screen of course!
He sucks. Pop out a water type and he's down. But if you actully own him he's pretty good.

Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:39 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

wattshell wrote:
He sucks. Pop out a water type and he's down. But if you actully own him he's pretty good.

Samurott Approves!
@Shuckle: Ha! You posted the link to the Smogon Fail! I still remember that from when you had it in your sig.
Anyways... If someone brings out, say, a Samurott, Excadrill is screwed. Samurott is the most powerful in water types as far as 5th gen only pokemon (And the only other one worth getting apart from Tympole and its evos) go. Okay, all slight narcissism aside, it still is a good pokemon. Its hard to train and even harder to catch in the wild. I have a Drilbur, but its a :censored: to train.

Goodbye
"

Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:36 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]