Kyogre or Groudon 

Kyogre or Groudon?
Kyogre 71%  71%  [ 27 ]
Groudon 29%  29%  [ 11 ]
Total votes : 38

Kyogre or Groudon 
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Kyogre is a much more threatening Pokémon in the meta-game.

And IMO, infinite rain is more favorable than infinite sunlight. Though really, I think it all comes down to preference really.

Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:08 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Well with rain you get boosted water and electric. Groudon is immune to electric, but weak to water.
With sun you get boosted fire and grass. Kyogre resists fire and is weak to grass.

But what it comes down to, is all these types are special in gen 3, and in future gens, solar beam is still special, and Groudon has better physical stats and Kyogre has better special stats. Plus, Kyogre's boosted attack that's super effective against Groudon is boosted in POWER by the weather is STABed. Solar Beam doesn't get STAB from Groudon, and sun doesn't boost Solar Beam's power, just negates the charge turn. That makes Kyogre beat Groudon in a one on one if both players are actually competent, not that kid who posted in this thread earlier about his Groudon with Fissure, Fire Blast, Thunderbolt, and Earthquake.

Not battling each other, just on which one I like more, my vote still goes to Kyogre because it gets Ice+Electric combo, plus the electric is Thunder in rain, which just kicks ass. Throw on Surf and Calm Mind and WRECK ****. I've never played ruby. I've played Sapphire all the way through once, and gotten near the end twice. Sapphire was NOT the first pokemon game I played, but it was the first one I beat.

Also, I'm 14, and sick of all the crap people around my age get on pokemon forums. I've never said my age before on a pokemon forum, and no one's ever given me crap about how I act. Whereas if I gave my age at the beginning, everyone would douche out at me just because of my age. So while I agree that some peoplemy age are dickbags a lot. Ryanh181 and Dark_Swampert...

Anyway, I just realized this was total necromancy, but I think I said some things that needed to be said and contributed intelligently, plus I spent a long time typing this up so I'm posting it anyway.

Sapphire: Blaziken Sololocke (heading for Wattson)
Platinum: Regular (preparing for Candice, grinding up my new Glaceon)
Soulsilver: Regular (exploring Kanto and fighting random trainers to gain some levels to then fly around and take on all the gyms super quickly)
White: Regular (post-game crap, not doing much currently, because most of the post game content is battles that I'm not ready for and stuff that requires HMs I don't want to use)

Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:40 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Location: Avoiding roasted cabbage, not eating earwax, and looking on the bright side of life
Kyogre FTW~

Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:35 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Groudon and Kyogre are an even matchup imo. I personally prefer Kyogre because in my eyes he just looks cooler, but they both look cool. Plus, they're battle raged on for thousands of years, apparently... That means they're pretty equal in power. Of course Rayquaza stopped them, so he's the most powerful.

Competitively speaking, Kyogre's dropped out of the #1 spot in ubers twice since his debut. Once was when Arceus was released and everyone was like ZOMGGODPOKEMON, and the other is recently in Dream World Ubers on PO, where Chandelure is #1 because of shadow tag. Otherwise, Kyogre's always been the #1 Uber. Groudon's been lingering between #3 and #9, but Kyogre's the one staying solidly at #1. In fact, Shedinja, Quagsire and Gastrodon are all used in Uber, simply because amazingly they counter Kyogre. Ferrothorn is also one of the most used in Uber, again for Kyogre (among other things).

Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:54 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Im sorry but some posts here posts are rubbish. Groudon is not slower than Kyogre!!! They both have base 90 Speed!

Also Solar Beam is a Special Attack. Groundon is much better at dealing physical damage. Although Solar Beam is super effective, it does less damage as Groudon has bad Special Attack.

Kyogre is better than Groudon as it has Water Spout. Water Spout is an Instant KO on Groudon with Kyogre while Solar Beam/Thunderbolt cannot instantly KO Kyogre when coming from Groudon.

Also Kyogre has Ice Beam/Hydro Pump/Surf to KO Groudon.

Based on this, we have have to assume that Kyogre is better in a 1 vs 1 battle between the two. However, both have their uses as one can setup Sun Teams and the other can setup Rain Teams

PS I'm not Necromancing as I've contributed valid, on-topic points

Check out My Brand New and Improved Trading Centre!!! THE SUPERSTORE IS NOW CLOSED

Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:04 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Kyogre FTW!!! Surf/Ice Beam/Thunder/Water Spout, set is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. Kyogre has just always been awesome :D

Time Zone: MDT (Mountain Daylight Time)
----------------------------------
Trading Thread
----------------------------------

Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:01 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Well, if you are trying to use between Kyogre or Groudon to BEAT the Elite Four, then, you must go with Kyogre. It will be the 'KEY' for easy winning to Sydney (first elite four) and Drake (last elite four).

If you otherwise chose Groudon, well, definitely you will have a hard time defeating them specially Glacia :lol:

But it's up to you! :D It depends on your perspectives.

salamence47™|RN

{garchomp} {gyarados} {salamence} {kingdra} {altaria}

Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:46 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Well, the best is probably Rayquaza. Great stats, a good sweeper, great movepool.

Groudon I think looks the coolest.

And I like Kyogre and Groundon the same, as they are both good in certain situations. Even though Kyogre can destroy groudon, groudon is helpful in some situations.

Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:54 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Kyogre. Done. It is friggin better than Mewtwo! Groudon can't boast that. Plus, Rain has more abilities to abuse it with than rain (I think).

I play on the Smogon PO server. If it's not up, then expect me on the Pokemon Online server. I play 5th gen UU, but I am more than happy to play 5th gen OU and Ubers

Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:55 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Yeah, Kyogre has better speed than groudon and even if Groudon is released second and has Sunny Day ability on, Kyogre still has a chance of taking it out with a Hydro Pump (Mystic Waters can never hurt)

Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:58 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Yeah... but Hydro Pumps power is reduced by the sun. And with a single-turn SolarBeam, bye bye Kyogre. Hmmm.... well, Kyogres a whale, amd whales are awesome. I win! :D

I play on the Smogon PO server. If it's not up, then expect me on the Pokemon Online server. I play 5th gen UU, but I am more than happy to play 5th gen OU and Ubers

Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:13 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Un;ess Kyogre uses first turn with Rain Dance, killing of Groudon's Solarbeam. then next turn uses Hydro Pump with super water powers.

Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:19 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I guess... but I've been playing Ubers awhile and I have never ever ever ever ever ever seen Rain Dance on Kyogre. Come to think of it, I haven't seen SolarBeam on Groudon either

Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:23 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I've seen both of those moves on both designated Pokemon for that move plenty of times.

Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:25 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Interesting... I play 5th gen Ubers so I don't know whats going down in 3rd gen.

Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:37 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

A couple years ago whenever I got on Battle Rev. Wifi I saw Kyogra with Rain Dance alot + Groudon with Solarbeam. Solarbeam has always been very common in my Groudons.

Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:43 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Thats interesting. I just might try SolarBeam on my Sun team...

Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:54 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I could laugh if I somehow fought Wallace in double battle and sent out like a Sunflora and Groudon. Sunny Day combo + 2 Solarbeams. I would be like bye bye :censored:

Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:59 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

That would be awesome! But I would use Victreebel or Shiftry instead for the coolness factor

Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:01 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Mee too, I just chose the first Solarbeam PKMN off the top of my head. And I was playing SS earlier so... yeah. I really like the Thunder ability with Kyogre during rain. Makes it alot easier to take out certain types.

Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:03 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

And relying on Thunderbolt is so not worth it if you have permanent rain

Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:12 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Exactly. I usually with most Pokemon I go with Thunderbolt for accuracy. But when you have kyorge.. it's like "Instant Thunder!'

Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:18 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Me too unless I have something with Compoundeyes are another accuracy boosting move. And also, rain helps more types than sun

Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:19 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Yeah, so basically.. Rain murders Sun. What about Hail, Sandstorm, and Fog?

Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:25 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Fog isn't really a weather. But I really like sand. Tyranitar is such a beast and Hippodown is kinda outclassed but is still cool. Garchomp and Excadrill and Landurus dominate in it as well as 2/3 of them got banned. Hail is trickier though. Blizzard spam is awesome, but Ice is a poor typing. Abomasnow is so-so and the best abuser of hail is Froslass or Walrein which are kind of underwhelming.

Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:29 pm
Reply to topic   [ 74 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next