It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:45 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 How do you organize? 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I don't think there are that many collectors on this site, but how do you organize your collections?
Personally, I organize them by set and number in a two inch binder, but it's getting full. Is there a way for me to aviod buying a new bigger binder when my collection expands? P.S. I only collect from the Black and White and Emerging Powers sets, so my collection isn't that big.

Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:26 am
THE POWER IS ON!

I have four separate binders, and each also has two Jumbo cards, with one in the front and one in the back pocket sleeves.

#1 - My "main" binder uses my favorite card of each pre-BW Pokemon, rearranged in a Pokedex order I made up that goes mostly by type and puts cross-Generation evolutionary lines together. After Arceus, which is the last RBY-DPP Pokemon in my order, I have all of my Unova Pokemon cards since there aren't enough of each Pokemon to bother moving them into my secondary books. Jumbo cards: Pikachu, Jigglypuff and Clefairy in the front, and Pikachu's Summer Vacation in the back.

#2 - My secondary binder has my second favorite card of each pre-BW Pokemon. After the Sinnoh Pokemon, I shove all of my Trainers and Energy cards here. These used to be at the end of my main book, but they got moved to make room for the Unova Pokemon when the BW base set was released in English. Jumbo cards: Zorua and Celebi in the front and Zoroark and Legendary Pokemon in the back.

#3/4 - All of the other cards of each Pokemon are arranged in National Dex order. Binder #3 is entirely Kanto Pokemon since they have the most cards overall, and Johto, Hoenn and Sinnoh's Pokemon make up binder #4. Jumbo cards: ___'s Tepig in the front and ___'s Oshawott in the back for binder #3, and ___'s Snivy in the front and Articuno, Moltres and Zapdos in the back for binder #4.

I sold all of my duplicate cards earlier this year, but any extras I've acquired since then are kept in my two tins or a shoebox.

As for avoiding another binder... well, do you use both sides of a sleeve sheet? You can fit 18 cards per page and still see them all that way.

Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:54 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

That must be a gigantic collection.
Anyway, I already use both sides of the sheet. I'll take out my multiples( I have 5 of the same Joltik :lol: )and seperate my set on the same page rather than a different one. Maybe now my binder will close all the way!

EDIT: Just finished reorganizing. Also counted my collection. My binder is now safely closed!
Pokemon:176 total, 99 induvidual, 77 multiples
Trainers:48 total, 14 induvidual, 34 multiples
Energys:63 total, 6 induvidual, 57 multiples
Total:287,119 induvidual,168 multiple (much more than I orginally thought.)

Emptied 3 pages. :o
Thanks for telling me how you organize, Frost!
P.S. Where'd you get those Jumbo cards?

Last edited by Braviarys_wings on Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Nov 12, 2011 10:02 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

they sell them at wal-mart were I live.

I have my not to fun cards in rubber bands and way to fun (like my shines and LV.X's + pokemon I like) cards in a binder and my deck is in a rubber band to.

3DS FC: 0104-0278-1948

deviantART wrote:
Vectors-R-US:
They do it to trigger fan-fictions. Fur da lulz. Cuz you know how those fan stories can get... *shudders*

VladimirMacHolzraum:
So the writers put things in the show just so they can read our screwed-up fanfics? That explains everything

Sat Nov 12, 2011 9:37 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Wal-mart where I live (both of them) don't sell them.
I'm more of I collector, so I don't have an organized deck. The "way too fun" cards that I have are as follows:
Promo Zekrom
McDonald's Maractus and Pidove
Holo Excadrill and Zoroark from their respective decks
Black and White:
Holo Serperior
Holo Samurott
Holo Reuniclus
Reverse Liepard and Bouffalant
Emerging Powers:
Reverse Galvantula, Gothita, Watchog
Holo Scolipede
Ultra Rare Thundurus(freaked out when I saw this one :lol: )
Also edited those numbers.

Sun Nov 13, 2011 6:21 am
THE POWER IS ON!

Braviarys_wings wrote:
P.S. Where'd you get those Jumbo cards?

The ones that you can get in stores right now are:
-___'s Snivy (Toys R Us)
-___'s Tepig (Target)
-___'s Oshawott (Walmart)
-Zoroark (Zoroark Illusions Box in most retail stores)

I bought these and the others online, mostly on eBay. We actually don't get the majority of Jumbo cards released in the west, so eBay is the best bet for a lot of them, like the Pikachu/Jigglypuff/Clefairy trio's Jumbo card.

Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:03 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Mmm... I'll look around. I can't really shop online for anything as I don't have a credit card(I'm 12)so. I'll put that on my Christmas list :lol: . (Sorry about the laughing smilies in most posts. I just laugh a lot in real life :) .)

Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:05 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I have one binder, where I put my favorite and most prized cards. The rest, I use potholder loops (yes, you heard me right) to group them into stacks based on type. For my store-bought decks, I keep the box, and put the deck, rulebook, and playmat back in when I'm done. Yes, I know that sounds strange. I use old pill prescription bottles to put my damage counters in, since they fit just perfectly. And then I put everything in shoeboxes! :mrgreen:

Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:28 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

No offence, twistedturtwig, but that is the strangest way I have ever heard for organizing anything, bar none. :lol: Potholder loops and perscription bottles. :lol: Mind if I steal the potholder loops idea for my multiples?

Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:22 pm
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

As it stands right now, I've got three binders that I store cards in.

The first one's about a 2" thick binder or so; I used to use that for everything. Now most of the time I just keep it at home. It mostly contains a ton of cards from older sets. I stopped carrying it around with me because it was hurting my back.

I also have 2 smaller binders that I bring with me on a regular basis - one of them is a binder for cards I'm willing to trade, the other is just full of shiny cards such as league promos and other favorites of mine, that I bring around mostly to show off. Sometimes I keep cards in it that I intend to use in the near future.

I've also got stacks of random common cards at home that I desperately need to get rid of one day...

Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:54 pm
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]