It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:39 pm

Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Who's the hardest gym leader? 
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

I'm doing another Platinum Playthrough, with a balanced team, and I realized how hard Fantina is. Well, just her Mismagius anyway. It outspeeds everything and OHKOs with Shadow Ball.

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:43 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

For gym leader, I got difficulty defeating Watson's Pokemon (due to his MAGNETON) and Juan's pokemon (due to his Kingdra!

For the Elite Four, I got difficulty defeating Drake (ofcourse dragon Pokemon are superior... :D )

I'm just wondering , have you ever feel something difficulty to defeat Winona? =)

salamence47™|RN

{garchomp} {gyarados} {salamence} {kingdra} {altaria}

Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:38 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I would probably say the Psychic gym in Mossdeep city in Emerald. I know they arent actually too difficult but most of the Gym Leaders arent hard for me. But that one time I played emerald I just could not beat them! I got so angry, then I somehow beat them in a way I cant remember.

Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:09 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Juan!! His stupid Kingdra loves Rest.

Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:49 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Weavile, you're right! I hate fighting Kingdras and Rest is a very annoying move after consecutive use of it.

Sun Nov 27, 2011 2:56 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

salamence47 wrote:

I'm just wondering , have you ever feel something difficulty to defeat Winona? =)

Not really. Just you can't let her Altaria get two many Dragon Dances and you basically lose. Other than that, she's a push-over.

Does anyone else hate Jasmine's stupid Steelix with all their heart?

I play on the Smogon PO server. If it's not up, then expect me on the Pokemon Online server. I play 5th gen UU, but I am more than happy to play 5th gen OU and Ubers

Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:06 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

No, I usually use a water move to take out Steelix OHKO.

Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:41 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Really? My Slowpokes Surf did nothing except ruin it's new paint job....

I play on the Smogon PO server. If it's not up, then expect me on the Pokemon Online server. I play 5th gen UU, but I am more than happy to play 5th gen OU and Ubers

Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:15 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I never use Slowpoke, ever. I use like... Kingdra.

Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:07 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

The only reason I used it was because it twas the first availble water type

Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:43 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I usually can never trust fire-available water types... they just never seem adequate.

Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:54 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Tympole says hi! :D No but you're right. Unless they're your starter, early Water types in general suck

Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:58 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I didn't mean you Tympole. No- NO! Water gun isn't neccessary right now. no! You just put a shortage in my DS! Go, Venusaur! anyways, yeah I once got a Psyduck, but then learned Golduck's stats weren't good really.

Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:55 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Going by what gym leaders gave me the most trouble before I really knew what I was doing, Whitney is a classic "surprise, you have to stop sucking now!" boss like no other. Gives you a false sense of security with the Clefairy, crushes you with the Miltank. Tate & Liza proved tough for anyone trying to force their way through the game with only one Pokémon and one of the biggest examples of how different the game can be for you depending on which starter you're doing it with. Plowing through with Swampert? Shouldn't be so hard. With Blaziken or Sceptile? Hide your money.

Going by who keeps up a challenge, who can't I sweep repeatedly with a neutral or advantaged type for exp in HG: Clair 'n Blue. Clair is the worst of both worlds. Doesn't keep to her type choice for one half of her team, has the least convenient type for the other half. Blue is just the worst of one of those bad worlds, has better AI (?), harder attacks, higher levels etc etc. I don't grind against him until everyone on whatever team I'm putting together is level 65 or so.

I am deeply disappointed in rematch Sabrina in HGSS. Her Alakazam knows Gravity and I can't for the life of me understand why.

Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:14 pm
Profile WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I always have all my pokemon at Lv.20 before challenging the first gym leader it's hard to train but totally worth it

Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:31 pm
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

Quote:
Tate & Liza proved tough for anyone trying to force their way through the game with only one Pokémon and one of the biggest examples of how different the game can be for you depending on which starter you're doing it with. Plowing through with Swampert? Shouldn't be so hard. With Blaziken or Sceptile? Hide your money.

Sceptile actually makes Tate & Liza easier than using Swampert, from what I've seen. The reason is because a lot of their Pokemon either Fly or have Levitate, forcing Swampert to resort to the lesser Surf (instead of his favored Earthquake). Granted it hits 2 targets, but Swampert's Speed must also be taken into account. Sceptile will only hit 1 target at a time, granted, but you can be pretty sure it will be a OHKO with Leaf Blade most every time.

then again, Tate & Liza are just difficult in general.

Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:49 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Whitney with her Miltank when I first played Silver, although it was immensely pleasurable to be competing against a strong in-game adversary. After that game I knew how to destroy her team though.

Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:02 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Fantina in Platinum. Although it might've been since I was using an Eevee. ;)

Sat Dec 24, 2011 5:54 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Location: A blue police box somewhere near the Medusa Cascade
Kanto: Sabrina. That Alakazam hits really, -really- hard. >_<

Johto: Whitney and Clair. Cursed cow, and thrice-cursed Kingdra. I ended up using Lapras' Perish Song on Kingdra as a last-resort tactic.

Hoenn: Either the Psychic twins (I forget their names) or Winona and that Dragon Dancing Altaria.

Sinnoh: Fantina (stupid Mismagius...) and Maylene.

Unova: Lenora (Retaliate hurts!), Elesa (Double Team + Static + Volt Switch = :frustrated: ), and Clay (Excadrill is a competitive beast for a reason).

Overall, Clair and Elesa probably take top spots. I've never been so desperate/irritated before.

Sat Dec 24, 2011 7:38 pm
Reply to topic   [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2