It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:26 am

Reply to topic  [ 92 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Vote to befriend a Pokémon 
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

At Pokémon.com there is an event running until November 30 where you can vote for which Pokémon you want to meet in the Pokémon Dream World. All Pokémon pre-Unova are available to vote for. The winner will be revealed on December 13 and are available to receive from February 1 to February 29.
So who are you going to vote for?

Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:46 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I voted for Giratina(altered) I think that one would be an awesome befreind poke. Not only that but its preety cool combo ghost dragon so it would make for some nice gameplay.

Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:20 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

What are the chances we'll be getting a shot at females in this promo? I would choose Bulbasaur or Torchic if I was getting a female for sure, otherwise I'd probably also go for Giratina.

Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:07 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Does anyone know what Hidden Ability Giratina has?
Telepathy.
Does anyone see Uber Doubles/Triples much?
Previously, fans voted for Arceus.
An elusive Pokemon, sure. But with no Hidden Ability.
More recently, fans voted for Rayquaza.
Another Pokemon without a Hidden Ability, but also with much availability.
Seriously, what's wrong with these people?!
Sure...Female Chlorophyll Bulbasaur, Speed Boost Torchic, and so on...are all great choices but do your best to abstain from voting for Pokemon already released with Hidden Abilities!
People of Psypoke Forums, for the greater good of the Pokemon metagame and whatnot, vote for something that would bring an IMPACT.
Crown Imposter Ditto.

Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:45 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

ShinyLucario wrote:
Does anyone know what Hidden Ability Giratina has?
Telepathy.
Does anyone see Uber Doubles/Triples much?
Previously, fans voted for Arceus.
An elusive Pokemon, sure. But with no Hidden Ability.
More recently, fans voted for Rayquaza.
Another Pokemon without a Hidden Ability, but also with much availability.
Seriously, what's wrong with these people?!
Sure...Female Chlorophyll Bulbasaur, Speed Boost Torchic, and so on...are all great choices but do your best to abstain from voting for Pokemon already released with Hidden Abilities!
People of Psypoke Forums, for the greater good of the Pokemon metagame and whatnot, vote for something that would bring an IMPACT.
Crown Imposter Ditto.

I KNOW! It's so annoying! All the little 10 year-old n00bs who don't even have the game go on the site and say, "Oh wook! It's Ahseeus! Wet's vote fow him!" I could really use myself one of those unreleased DW Pokemon. Maybe a Contrary Snivy? :)

Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:02 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

twistedturtwig wrote:
I KNOW! It's so annoying! All the little 10 year-old n00bs who don't even have the game go on the site and say, "Oh wook! It's Ahseeus! Wet's vote fow him!" I could really use myself one of those unreleased DW Pokemon. Maybe a Contrary Snivy? :)

Contrary Snivy is definitely one of the best Pokemon to vote for (and will shot Serperior to OU so I've heard) but Unova Pokemon are not available...
Which reminds me, Prankster Riolu is sooooo evil.

Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:33 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Damn it. I was really lookin forward to Leaf Stormin' away with my sharply-raising Sp. Attack stat. It would finally give some respect to that regal grass serpent. ;)

Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:46 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Unless we're getting females, this whole event disappoints me. I'm a breeder, so I have no use for legendaries, males or genderless pokemon with a new ability.
(Contrary Snivy would be awesome, and I have the perfect father already. Too bad we can't vote for Unova pokemon :( )

@ShinyLucario, I'll agree that the aforementioned pokemon won't help the metagame, but competitive battling isn't the only reason people play this game. Some people are straight up collectors who don't care about how well a pokemon fights and would love a legendary in a Dream Ball for their collection. There's nothing wrong with them, they just take pleasure in a different aspect of the game.

In the end, I think I'll vote for Torchic and pray they hand out females. I've always wanted to breed an awesome one.... does Baton Pass pass Speed Boosts to the next pokemon? 8-)

Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:05 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

@Dangertrout

It does, and is most oftenly utilized with a Ninjask, but I suppose you could use it with a Blaziken as well. If Speed Boost Blaziken wasn't banned from competitive play. D:

Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:10 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

twistedturtwig wrote:
@Dangertrout

It does, and is most oftenly utilized with a Ninjask, but I suppose you could use it with a Blaziken as well. If Speed Boost Blaziken wasn't banned from competitive play. D:

you can still use it in the ingame stuff tho right? like battle subway and the random matchups?

Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:19 am
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

Umm... Tech {breloom}

They're awesome with Bullet Seed, Mach Punch, Spore, and either Drain or Focus Punch. Vote for him Now!

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:54 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

When I started this topic I hadn't voted myself but after seeing the video with prankster Riolu I voted for it.

If anyone is reading this who has not voted yet, please DO NOT vote for a legendary, even event only ones. Some of them don't even have hidden abilities and those that do don't have good ones, with the exceptions of Zapdos, Ho-oh and Lugia. I'm sure someone could trade you an event poke if you really wanted it. And just to let anyone who cares know, if you missed the Victini event there is another one happening in December for the one with v-create.
Don't vote for male/neither gender only pokémon either, with Ditto as the exception.

The rankings are posted every Tuesday on Pokemon.com
1. Arceus. Noooooooo :cry: :o How could we let this happen?
2. Ditto. Yay :P Only problem is you can't breed it.
3. Mew. Why? Just why?
4-10. all are legendaries except Pikachu :shock: Again- Why? Just why?
Anything else I deem notable:
Lugia- 11
Charizard- 12.
Blaziken- 14.
Ho-oh- 17.
Giratina- 18.
Zapdos- 21.
Bulbasaur- 29.
Rattata- 36.
Magikarp- 46. Wait what?
Riolu- 48. Aww :cry:
Breloom- 56.

In other Dream-World related news, I have heard rumours of a New Area for the Dream World called "Rugged Mountain". Only larvitar is known to be available there, so far.

So what do you think of the rankings so far?

Last edited by DragoBoy on Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:11 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Arceus will win most likely. Pretty stupid, because we've never had 3 things in the Pokedex even released yet, but we still all go for the most overrated one there is, that doesn't even get a DW ability. :cry:

Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:15 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I voted for Mew, because I am a selfish bastard don't give a crap about Ditto. Or DW abilities. Or breedability. I want a Mew, and this is the easiest way for me to get one. Honestly, if people want a legendary, why not give it to them? Isn't that the point of voting on it? All these people complaining endlessly about "OMG TEH KIDDIES ARE GOING TO VOTE FOR LEGENDS" (mostly in the Talkbacks, not this thread) just make me want to vote more for them anyway.

So, yeah. I voted for Mew. And I don't care if anyone disagrees with my reasons for doing so :p

Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:27 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

rex09 wrote:
I voted for Mew, because I am a selfish bastard don't give a crap about Ditto. Or DW abilities. Or breedability. I want a Mew, and this is the easiest way for me to get one. Honestly, if people want a legendary, why not give it to them? Isn't that the point of voting on it? All these people complaining endlessly about "OMG TEH KIDDIES ARE GOING TO VOTE FOR LEGENDS" (mostly in the Talkbacks, not this thread) just make me want to vote more for them anyway.

So, yeah. I voted for Mew. And I don't care if anyone disagrees with my reasons for doing so :p

*sigh* I'd have given you a Mew, Rex, if you wanted one so badly that you'd squash the dreams of us competitive battlers/breeders. I have three. :mrgreen:

Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:50 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

twistedturtwig wrote:
rex09 wrote:

*sigh* I'd have given you a Mew, Rex, if you wanted one so badly that you'd squash the dreams of us competitive battlers/breeders. I have three. :mrgreen:

You don't get it... I don't want one of yours, and besides, I don't have time to actually trade (or I'd have one already). The DW is just more convenient.

Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:18 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

rex09 wrote:
twistedturtwig wrote:
rex09 wrote:

You don't get it... I don't want one of yours, and besides, I don't have time to actually trade (or I'd have one already). The DW is just more convenient.

I'm just joking with you. I understand your reason for wanting Mew. :)

Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:50 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Location: I'm... Right Here, Right Now, Right Here, Right Now...
I voted Ditto as it's ability something that it has needed for a while, IMO.

Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:06 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Ya I made a big mistake.
I voted for deoxys and then thought that bulba, ditto, squrt, ...... You know the list could go on and on.

3DS FC: 0104-0278-1948

deviantART wrote:
Vectors-R-US:
They do it to trigger fan-fictions. Fur da lulz. Cuz you know how those fan stories can get... *shudders*

VladimirMacHolzraum:
So the writers put things in the show just so they can read our screwed-up fanfics? That explains everything

Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:48 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I do realize that earlier I was a bit like "Da metagame is utmost important all those stupid Ahseus fans should go to die" Now, from the viewpoint of a 'normal' player I can perfectly understand why people want event legendaries. I won't - and can't - affect your freedom to choose, but I strongly advise anyone who haven't vote and don't have a particular Pokemon in mind and is willing to contribute to a greater cause, vote for something useful - if you think Imposter Ditto is too broken and Prankster Riolu is too gimmicky, Technician Breloom is definitely a good choice.

...But I have absolutely no idea who in their right mind would vote for Rayquaza.

Now back to the rankings...WHY, JUST WHY.
Arceus and Mew and their evil gang...*tries to stop myself from exploding with rage*
...And even the common stuff like Dialga Palkia Kyogre Groudon...Urgh...
Ditto HURRAY FOR INTERNET MEDIA.
More Pokemon that have been released...but not too bad...WHAT. DAMP MUDKIPZ. I DON'T LEIK U. Unburden Treecko family is bajillions times better.
RATTATA?! THAT CAN BE FOUND IN PLEASANT FOREST?! %#%$@^#%
Cute Charm Milotic. Hahaha.
Not content with Pikachu in the top 10, there are Raichu and Pichu too. WHAT.
As the list goes on I find it harder to contain my fury. Better stop ranting here...

EDIT: Oh that was such a stupid rant. Anyways, everyone should take a look at this video.

Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:40 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

ShinyLucario wrote:
EDIT: Oh that was such a stupid rant. Anyways, everyone should take a look at this video.

Anyone who hasn't, WATCH THAT VIDEO NOW!

The rankings have been updated:
Top 3 are still the same
Pikachu is still in the top ten
Magikarp is now in 6th place :shock: :evil: I cannot believe this. Why? 'Cause it's {magikarp}
Mudkip is now 10th
Riolu is down to 50th
Breloom is down to 62nd

The new area Rugged Mountain has been officially announced and will be available tomorrow.
If we want something worthwhile for competitive battling to win, Ditto is our only real hope.
SO VOTE FOR DITTO...please :(

Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:25 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

When I saw Mudkipz in #10 I've lost all hope.
And all strength to rant about it.
Can this get any wors- *sees Rattata at #41* Just kill me already.

Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:29 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

ShinyLucario wrote:
When I saw Mudkipz in #10 I've lost all hope.
And all strength to rant about it.
Can this get any wors- *sees Rattata at #41* Just kill me already.

why do you even care about mudkips placement if your ditto is in second place? : /

Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:28 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

SL's point is that this voteing situation is run by little kids and people that want events not competitive battlers. well mostly people that want the events then the battlers.

3DS FC: 0104-0278-1948

deviantART wrote:
Vectors-R-US:
They do it to trigger fan-fictions. Fur da lulz. Cuz you know how those fan stories can get... *shudders*

VladimirMacHolzraum:
So the writers put things in the show just so they can read our screwed-up fanfics? That explains everything

Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:40 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Dangertrout wrote:
why do you even care about mudkips placement if your ditto is in second place? : /

In addition to what azul said, I'm saying that if people have any sense there should be something much better in the top charts - like Breloom and Riolu, but nooooooo people like voting for stuff that's either super easily available (cough Rattata cough Magikarp) or having millions up for trade (cough Mudkipz cough legendaries).

Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:55 pm
Reply to topic   [ 92 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next