It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:58 am

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ] 
 The Supernatural: Are They Real? 
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Are Sasquatches real? Of course! Now argue!

Last edited by twistedturtwig on Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Oct 27, 2011 7:47 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I'm not really prone to believing in things unless there is significant proof of its existence. So far, all the 'evidence' for Sasquatches has been discredited, or simply isn't significant.

I WANT to believe they're real, though.

"You don't sit down and write a wish list about the person you are going to fall violently in love with. It just doesn't work like that."

Stephen Fry

Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:25 am
Profile WWW
Lite Four
Lite Four

Umaro is Mog's bitch.

Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:49 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

OK first of, Why does Krisp remind me of Someone from DFO?

Back on topic, Does Sasquatch exist? Maybe.

Yes, alot of the evidence has been proven as either being faked, or missidentification. Of course we cant be certain if something REAllY exists until we get a body. Sorta like the Giant Squid. Nobody REALLY belived in these giant sea beast until someone FISHED UP A BODY. Now we know that down in the depths of the ocean there are LARGE squids. The same could be true for Sasquatch. All we would need is maybe a hunter out in the woods, shooting what he thinks is a bear. When in actuality its a Sasquatch. So im open to the idea of Sasquatch, I just need something to prove or dissprove it. Of course Sasquatch may actualy exist, we just might never know they do.

And Id like to add another dimesion to this thread. Since Turtwig's talkikng about Sasquatchs, what about the other? Ogopoggo, Nessie, The chubicabra, Aliens, and so on and so forth. Do they actually exist? Is there some thats eaiser to beleive in than others?

For Aliens are the easiest to beleive they exist. I mean theres Billions upon billions of planets out there. I highly doubt, given the facts about the # of planets, that life only started AND continued to evolve on a SINGLE planet. Theres life out there, we just have to find it.

Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:51 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Changed the title.

You're right GofD. There's no actual proof until we actually kill one of them. But I'm sure once that happens, there'll be protests by hippies and such who will deem the shooting of one of them "inhuman man!"

Aliens, I do believe exist, deep down inside. I'm just a little bit uneasy about the whole thing rough, because if they are more advanced than us, what will they do? Will they be peace-loving "higher beings" or conquers bent on eradicating the human race and starting the planet from scratch?

Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:25 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Aliens have to exist. The universe is just too big for there to NOT be another planet situated the right distance from its star to have liquid water on it and support life. Alien life more advanced than humankind, maybe maybe not. Say what you will about consumerism or conformity or whatever (hipsterrrrrr) but just to be able to comprehend the universe and think about whether or not aliens exist is a pretty big deal. Look around you and see if any other animal does that, and chances are it's living an instinct-guided existence and can't begin to think about the world outside of its habitat in the first place. We've come a pretty long way and I wouldn't exactly be surprised if we were the most advanced species to be found anywhere. I wouldn't be surprised if not, either, I think the chances are about even.

I don't really believe in ghosts or mummy curses or witchcraft, despite anything Cracked has told me.

Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:26 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Ghosts are a little iffy for me. I do watch Ghost Hunters and have seen some pretty Odd and unexplainable stuff on there. But the thing is, the Ghostly stuff is easily faked/ missidentified. High magnetic feilds, voices that happen to travel, uneven floors, yada yada. On the other hand, theres the "What happens to when we die" thought. Ghosts are probably gonna be the hardst one to prove or dissprove. We cant really walk up to someone who recently died, and ask if there a ghost. Ghosts are one of those, either you beleive in them or your not.

Fri Oct 28, 2011 3:26 pm
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

Bigfoot: Possible.
Loch Ness Monster: Possible, but less places to hide than Bigfoot.
Ghosts: We'll never know.
Aliens: Yes, they're out there somewhere. Intelligent life is another matter.
Magic: Unknown Sciences.

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:55 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I do agree with Mektar. However, all evidence of Nessie has been proven fake, unfortunately. But, yes, I do believe in ghosts. And Aliens. And Bigfoot. But, whatever happened to the big three? Not the car companies. Zombies (Real. Made by Voodoo priest. Well what did you excpect?), Vampires (Fake. Not Twilight.), and lastly, WEREWOLVES (These things are real. They're in NY and populate nearby states. Trust me. My grandma lives in NY, and one actually came up to the screen door! I was fortunate enough to be able to see it, but it couldnt see me.)!!!
That is all

Goodbye
"

Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:34 am
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I don't think Bigfoot, Aliens, Vampires, Nessie or Zombies are real, but Werewolves are. I have no proof, but they are real. Just don't blame me when they inslave Earth.

Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:53 am
Super Saiyan
Super Saiyan

Fox Mulder has made me want to believe so!

Claims of extraordinary animals prowling the earth seems more of a human psychological issue to me, but either way I'm pretty indifferent to these (e.g. Bigfoot, Loch Ness). I am, however, a firm disbeliever in the existence of things such as vampires, werewolves, and even ghosts. The one thing I haven't dismissed would be extraterrestrial life, which seems likely enough to me. However likely it one may think it to be when looking at the number of star systems and planets known to exist, hard evidence is currently lacking. At least we still have plenty of alien sci-fi to tie us over until we find some~

Although it'd be pretty absurd to claim that aliens are already involved with humans as portrayed in the X-Files, the truth is definitely out there. :P

Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:40 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I'd have to agree with you, SerpentSounds, on your point about werewolves, vampires, zombies, and the like. To me, there's no possible way that they can exist. Movies like Twilight are just making it worse. These things are just the product of frightened middle-age peasants.

Samurott, I'm not completely disclaiming your alleged werewolf encounter, but could you provide a more detailed description of what you saw? I'd like to hear your story for myself. It sounds quite Interesting, even if it wasn't a werewolf.

On a side note, I was searching YouTube a little bit ago, and found a funny Sasquatch video. It's called "BigFoot 2012 Fact or Hoax?". It's worth checking out.

Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:47 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Well, since you asked...
About 2 years back, I was at my grandma's house in New York. Not NYC, but NY as in, on the border of Pennsylvania (I'm pretty sure I spelled that wrong) and NY. Southwestern area of the state. Anyways, it was around midnight and I was playing Fossil Fighters on my DS. Now, when I'm at my grandma's house, I sleep on a loveseat out by the front door, which is across from the back door, which is a sliding door. So I'm playing away and it was one of those nights where it was pretty still and quiet. Just as I was about to beat the game for a third time, a faint noise made my hair stand up and my ears perk up, too. It sounded like something was walking up the back porch ramp. SomeTHING. I closed my DS and turned my head and froze. It was at the back door. Being 14, I was scared and had the classic response for a 14 yr old. I didnt cry. I worried. It was standing there at the railing, just looking in. Then it moved right up to the glass on the door. Now since it was in better light, I could see it. All of it. It's hair. It's mouth. Teeth. Ears. Demonic eyes that glowed reddish in the light, unlike bears, which glow green. It turned and walked off. But it didnt fully leave. It circled arond to the front porch. It went to the window I was next to. Now, I actually thought it had left. So I opened my DS and heard a growl. I turned. It sees the light. Judging its reaction, dogpeople must be able to be nocturnal and non-nocturnal. It started to bare its teeth, which made me scream. It was frightened by me and grandma's dog, who is pretty friggin big, so the thing probably thought "Oh, s***! This isnt my territory!" It took off on all fours. So these things are very versatile. It appoached the glass door and the window on two legs, so it is also bipedal.
I'll post a drawing of what I saw when I find the drawing.

Goodbye
"

Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:15 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Consider how vast the universe is, how big we feel to ourselves, how large our planet may be, and how giant our own solar system seems. I'm 6' 2" (188cm). I'm larger than most people and the overwhelming vast majority of organisms on Earth. So I'm a big deal, right?

This is the building I live in. It's ten floors tall, and each floor is about 15' in height. The building itself is about 450 meters tall.
Let's zoom out.

Here's my street. It's about 1500ft long (450m). That's more than 243 of me end to end.

This is the city I live in. That red dot is about where I am right now.

All of us. The total surface area of our home is 510,072,000 km^2. We occupy less than 1% of its 29% land mass. Even here, we're relatively unknown.

How Martians see us.

Earth from Saturn.

A depiction of our sun in the solar system.

This is an actual photo taken by the Hubble Telescope of various solar systems in our universe. The Milky Way is just one, and this is several in the universe visible from one scope, but not all. Some are smaller than ours, and some are larger. Pick the most minute, infinitesimal area of this photo, trillions of times smaller than what can be seen in the smallest area visible by the naked eye, and think about that for a moment. You are, by size, far less than a billionth of that. If you think that even for a moment there exists no life beyond our planet in this incomprehensible and overwhelming mass, that we are the most intelligent and evolved without a doubt, you are single-handedly the most egotistical creature that has ever existed.

Aliens exist.

Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:36 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

That was one of the most inspsiring things I've ever read. Kudos to you sir. *clap*

Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:07 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I'm pretty sure that aliens do exist, but not like the ones in movies like Independence Day. I think that they would be simpler life forms like bacteria or other microscopic things, and not aliens in giant UFO. But they could be very technological like us, but it's not very likely.

But monsters like Bigfoot on earth... not really

Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:58 pm
Frontier Brain
Frontier Brain

What Michio Kaku has to say about extraterrestrials:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kw8dcb8iKSM

I thought it was interesting. Talks about searching the universe for intelligent life and how other beings may be much more advanced than us. Not sure about the ant hill discussion, but I never considered the things he says there before watching this video.

Note: the announcer guy says something that suggests that quantum theory came about 5 years ago. That's obviously not true.

Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:43 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

supernatural beings like aliens definitely exist! but i just dont think that they all have super advanced technology with them and they all travel in ufos and stuff. maybe their technology isnt that advanced or maybe not even up to todays standards on earth.

...or they have giant lasers beams that are tracking us down right now. eek.

Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:34 pm
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

I just saw this documentary called Mermaids: The Body Found on Animal Planet. Mermaids are real. And, of course, the government is covering it up.

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Mon May 28, 2012 6:52 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I'm going to disagree with you, Mek. MANswers, Fact or Faked, and my own intuition tells me that mermaids are actually dugoungs (I think that's spelled right), like the real life variants of {dewgong} . And besides, if mermaids existed, they'd be fat, hairless creatures with gills and big eyes. Disney gives us the wrong impression.
Anyone ever hear of the Lizard Man?

Goodbye
"

Mon May 28, 2012 7:27 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Mektar wrote:
I just saw this documentary called Mermaids: The Body Found on Animal Planet. Mermaids are real. And, of course, the government is covering it up.

I believe you Mektar. Just yesterday, one came to my house and asked to borrow a cup of sugar. Goodnaturedly, I said yes. They can't possibly be fake. :lol:

EDIT: Okay, one I realize I mistakenly directed that to Mektar instead of GofD, so I apologize for that, and two, I shouldn't have been so rude GofD. Sorry. I actually just watched a trailer for that show you were talking about, and it scared the s*** out of me. Then again, I jump at every crack of the floorboard I hear. XD But to be honest, it actually looks pretty interesting, and I think I'll look more into this one. I always love a good conspiracy theory. c:

Mon May 28, 2012 7:56 pm
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]