It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:32 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 EV training~ help~ 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

It's my first time on this site and EV training but not pokemon... I read the EV training guide on this site which helped a lot but I still have some questions. I know all the basics but I just want to ask about whats not specified. My questions are:
-Is it better not to withhold evolution during EV training?
-If I fight 8 or 12 pokemon during a level instead of four does my gain become 2 or 3 points? or just stay 1?

Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:44 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

An answer to these questions would help greatly so if you know please stay and discuss for a sec?

Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:45 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

This forum is Perty slow just wait. If you look there are not a lot of users on viewonline.php

Edit: for you first question if you evolve your pokemon Most of the time it will grow slower and it comes down to if you want it to grow fast or slow.

What I do is EV train after I got the moves I want so that would be at LV.50 or 60 and folly evolved

3DS FC: 0104-0278-1948

deviantART wrote:
Vectors-R-US:
They do it to trigger fan-fictions. Fur da lulz. Cuz you know how those fan stories can get... *shudders*

VladimirMacHolzraum:
So the writers put things in the show just so they can read our screwed-up fanfics? That explains everything

Last edited by azul on Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:49 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

This I know but uggh I dont wanna! lol X3

Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:53 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Oh! So if I have a dratini and i have her EV training expected to be done at lv 35 I should let her evolve into dragonair at that level so she can finish? or...?

Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:02 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Ok let's just say that your dratini is LV.1 and you start EV training so every LV. It gets say as you said 8 - 12 EVs in anything average and you got it fully trained at LV.35 I would let it evolve then unless you want it to learn other moves. Just check to see if 1) it is fully EV trained 2) it knows the moves you want it to know be for evolving like with some pokemon the first evo can learn moves the the later can't.

If it was me I would get it to know the moves I want it to and the use the berries to bring the EVs to zero and start EV training at LV.70 or so.

3DS FC: 0104-0278-1948

deviantART wrote:
Vectors-R-US:
They do it to trigger fan-fictions. Fur da lulz. Cuz you know how those fan stories can get... *shudders*

VladimirMacHolzraum:
So the writers put things in the show just so they can read our screwed-up fanfics? That explains everything

Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:18 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Evolution don't affect EVs

You get the EVs for what you KO and your stats are directly affected by how many EVs the stat has. When you get them and how you get them doesn't matter, what matters is how many you have. You can get INSANE UNBELIEVABLE CRAZY WOW stat jumps if you don't start focusing on EVs until really late. It doesn't last, and you won't see that if you start out early on. It's just catching up for lost time. Getting the same number of EVs in the early levels will just result in above-average stat boosts (depending on the Pokémon's nature and base stats you'll get +3's and +4's every level instead of +1's, +2's and 0's). 1+1+1+1+1 is 5 and 0+0+0+0+5 is 5, it's kinda like that.

Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:31 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]