It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:46 am

Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Changes to Old Pokemon 
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

Cloyster becomes godly after using Shell Smash.

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:25 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

twistedturtwig wrote:
I actually came up with an idea that could turn out to be very useful in competitive battling, and could bring new light to older generation's under-used Pokemon. (Forgive me if someone else already came up with it) The Regenerator ability allows a Pokemon to regain 1/3 of its max HP when switching out. Combine that with the Eject Button, which if a Pokemon holds, switches it out, and Bingo, instant auto-healer. This should be used with a Corsola, Slowking, or any other Pokemon that has the ability. Slowking works well in particular when EV trained properly, focusing on Defense, SD, and SA. Start off with a Breloom, and Spore the opponent. Switch to Slowking, use Trick Room, then Me First until the opponent's defeated. Now I know that there's probably a lot of holes in this plan, but criticism is welcomed. Give {slowking} a chance!

OK, well that would mean switching out at random and not attacking as often, plus, not being able to
predict which pokemon is going to be used. I just don't think it will work.

Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:53 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Sorry, just a thought. It was just something I thought might be useful in some way.

Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:11 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

emeraldversion13 wrote:
twistedturtwig wrote:
I actually came up with an idea that could turn out to be very useful in competitive battling, and could bring new light to older generation's under-used Pokemon. (Forgive me if someone else already came up with it) The Regenerator ability allows a Pokemon to regain 1/3 of its max HP when switching out. Combine that with the Eject Button, which if a Pokemon holds, switches it out, and Bingo, instant auto-healer. This should be used with a Corsola, Slowking, or any other Pokemon that has the ability. Slowking works well in particular when EV trained properly, focusing on Defense, SD, and SA. Start off with a Breloom, and Spore the opponent. Switch to Slowking, use Trick Room, then Me First until the opponent's defeated. Now I know that there's probably a lot of holes in this plan, but criticism is welcomed. Give {slowking} a chance!

OK, well that would mean switching out at random and not attacking as often, plus, not being able to
predict which pokemon is going to be used. I just don't think it will work.

It's actually not a bad idea. Even though the switching would get hectic, it would probably work to an extent. If the opposing team is a couple levels higher than yours (or you have an entire team of Psychic Pokemon :shock:), your opponent can eliminate your team using Pursuit, or another move with a higher attack priority then your Pokemon's attack. If your going to try this, then i would suggest Me First all the time either, just because it fails if it goes last, and it the opponent can trip you up by using a non-damage move. But besides all the holes in the plan, in could work very well occasionally (The best it can get is when you have a team with high Speed). Anyway, yeah, pretty good plan. I could see it working.

See how it sings like a sad heart, and joyously screams out its pain
Sounds that build high like a mountain, and notes that fall gently like rain."

~Neil Peart

Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:06 am
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

twistedturtwig wrote:
Sorry, just a thought. It was just something I thought might be useful in some way.

I'm not saying it is a bad idea! maybe if you had a team of all one Pokemon it would work. But if the pokemon are slow they will never be able to attack.

Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:32 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

emeraldversion13 wrote:
But if the pokemon are slow they will never be able to attack.

He said he would have a Pokemon use Spore or Trick Room.

~Neil Peart

Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:40 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Yeah, I sort of imagined starting out by putting the opponent to sleep, then switching to Slowking. I thought that it could be part of a kind of Trick Room team consisting of mainly all slower Pokemon. Slowking could use Trick Room, be attacked and switched out, regaining HP, and a different Pokemon, maybe a powerful, slow, Sweeper could use Trick Room's effects to slowly (get it :mrgreen: ) take out the opponent's team.

Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:53 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Yeah, it's a good idea. (And I got it, hahaha.)

~Neil Peart

Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:31 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

The new ability Harvest can make Tropius and Exeggutor awesome on sun teams with Rest or substitute.

Sapphire: Blaziken Sololocke (heading for Wattson)
Platinum: Regular (preparing for Candice, grinding up my new Glaceon)
Soulsilver: Regular (exploring Kanto and fighting random trainers to gain some levels to then fly around and take on all the gyms super quickly)
White: Regular (post-game crap, not doing much currently, because most of the post game content is battles that I'm not ready for and stuff that requires HMs I don't want to use)

Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:33 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Kids an old thread but I will post just because.

I got a exeggcute off the DW and used him on the subway.
With rest, hypnosis, dream eater and energy ball holding chesto berry.
He worked supper good and helped me get through the single train.

3DS FC: 0104-0278-1948

deviantART wrote:
Vectors-R-US:
They do it to trigger fan-fictions. Fur da lulz. Cuz you know how those fan stories can get... *shudders*

VladimirMacHolzraum:
So the writers put things in the show just so they can read our screwed-up fanfics? That explains everything

Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:03 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Espeon is a real bro with Magic Bounce. It bounces all non-attacking moves back <3

Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:19 pm
Reply to topic   [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2