It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:22 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Should I restart my game on White? 
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

So I'd like to play White from the beginning again.

I haven't restarted it though because of all the IV'd, EV'd, good natured, shiny, and event Pokemon I have. And I don't want to trade with anyone and then have them trade the Pokemon back - it'd need to be someone I really trusted and I don't have a Pokemon player peer who I fully trust yet.

Highlight to reveal a rant.
Highlight to view spoiler.
Darn it, why did I have to get into EV's, IV's and other things of the sort of competitive collecting/trading?! Not only does it prevent me from restarting my game, it kinda ruined the game for me. I mean, I used to play to catch Pokemon, train the **** out of them, and whoop Team Rocket/Magma/Aqua/Galactic's butt. It was epic. Now when I catch a Pokemon and it isn't good natured I think it's junk, when I train them I have to do it with EV's and IV's, and whoop the villains butt is only a short time of the game. :(

I keep telling myself to wait until Gray (or whatever it's gonna be called) comes out but it could be a long time until then.

So... Should I restart it? :frustrated: What do you think?

Time Zone: MDT (Mountain Daylight Time)
----------------------------------
Trading Thread
----------------------------------

Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:34 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

If you're not going to be able to trade your fancy things for safe-keeping, I'd say wait. I accidentally saved over a game once, and still miss my shinies. I'm sorry Poochyena, Whismur, Loudred and Cascoon! I didn't mean to erase you! :'( I especially miss the cascoon. Dustox shiny was so pretty :(

Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:38 am
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

You could always shell out $35 for Black and use that to hold your extra Pokemon. If you have two DSs.

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:31 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

First of all, I guess that there won't be a Pokemon Gray/Grey.

If I were you, I'd buy Pokemon Black and play it from start.

Mon Oct 03, 2011 5:01 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Well about your little rant/spoiler, what I do (since I got cought up in EVs and stuff a while ago) is only care about EVs in one game per generation, like mine are Black and SoulSilver. In the others, just do whatever you want, and if you get something good in it, trade it to your EVing game.
And as for restarting, if you have good stuff on it, either do trade backs and restart or don't restart. I usually regret restarting in my SoulSilver and Pearl.

Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:58 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]