It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:49 pm

Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Overrated Pokémon 
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

I love Eevee and the Eeeveelutions because of their looks, not beause of their stats. I also think they are overrated. I don't think that Blaziken is overrated. 1/3 of my battles in the Hoenn Elite Four were fought with Blaziken. The rest was fought with Sceptile (traded) and Kyogre.

In my humble opinion, all the Regis are pretty overrated and most of the legendaries past Johto (except the weather trio).

Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:35 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Shuckle-rock$ wrote:
Clefable needs no explanation.

Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:20 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Overrated in my opinion: {pikachu} {charizard} {pikachu} {arceus} {pikachu} {mew} and {pikachu} . That is all.
Here's why: Pikachu is weak, but gets too much glory.
Charizard was only powerful until Gen III, then it started to loose at everything.
Arceus is very strong, if you use it right. But most people don't, and they think they can sweep your team with it.
Mew can learn all the moves, but its ugly. Very ugly. I think it was modeled after a naked mole rat.

Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:05 pm
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

Yog wrote:
Mew can learn all the moves, but its ugly. Very ugly. I think it was modeled after a naked mole rat.

That was an insult to fetuses everywhere.

Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:26 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Mew was actually modeled after a type of mouse/rat thing that is believed to be the first mammal on earth (that makes sense), not a fetus. And fetuses can't help how they look. Mew can (it has Transform).

Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:35 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:56 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Mew is cute. That invalidates your whole post. But I agree in that Arceus can go die in a hole somewhere.

Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:33 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

koipen wrote:
Bliss. Everybody thinks that it's so Uber good and incredible, but really it's just a set-up fodder.

Have fun setting up while toxic poisoned. And don't try BSing an excuse like "steel types" because thats when the Blissey user hit's the button that says switch. Blissey is over-used (and I don't mean the tier, I mean literally), but that doesn't mean it's over-rated.

Someone said Charizard got worse after third gen. I say the opposite. I think it's horrible until 4th gen. What does Charizard have gen 1? Fire and useless physical moves. I don't think it gets much better in gen 2 or 3. Maybe dragon claw. Bite? I dunno. Suck. Physical special split was a amazing for Charizard. I do agree that it's over-rated though. This person just totally failed in their explanation of why. It's a complete glass cannon, it's best bet would be running solar-power choice specs in sun, but giving a glass cannon recoil and just... Eh, there's no way it'll last more than a turn. It's just far too fragile.

Pikachu is only over-rated by 6-year-olds, everyone with intelligence knows it sucks, and not many stupid little kids have downloaded PO, so I don't really have any problem with it. I actually really like Raichu.

Gyarados was a piece of crap until phys/spec split, but now it's good and not really over-rated, despite how many people on here seem to insist it is.

Also, all the Kanto starters are freakin' incredible in game, but really can't do much in competitive battling, so I guess that counts as over-rated.

Sapphire: Blaziken Sololocke (heading for Wattson)
Platinum: Regular (preparing for Candice, grinding up my new Glaceon)
Soulsilver: Regular (exploring Kanto and fighting random trainers to gain some levels to then fly around and take on all the gyms super quickly)
White: Regular (post-game crap, not doing much currently, because most of the post game content is battles that I'm not ready for and stuff that requires HMs I don't want to use)

Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:29 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Volcarona is extremely overrated. 135 Sp.Atk is all it has. Even with that, though, it can't beat Blissey and Sorlax.

Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:47 am
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Arceus, I know someone who has one and when I saw that it is traditionally normal type I'm like O_o! It can change type via plate, so? It may bring some to wonder what type Arceus comes out as, unless you can view the color of it in the party in online but I'm not sure wether you can or can't, I don't own one.

Sun Nov 27, 2011 3:00 pm
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

Mew is over rated. Absolutly. in emerald it SUCKS! Even Silicoon is better than !it

Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:59 am
Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon Trainer

While {lickitung} is pretty overated, {lickilicky} crosses the overated line. It's 6'6" tongue get shorter, making those already short and pathetic arms useless. And not to mention the ridiculous thing on it's head! Looks like the {machamp}s gave him a few Swirlies before he got introduced to Game Freak :lol:

Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:18 am
Profile YIM
THE POWER IS ON!

Lickilicky, one of the biggest examples of a Pokemon where the fandom never shuts up about how it's terrible, is overrated? Really? :-/

Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:24 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Lickilicky is NOT overrated. Some people think that it is stronger or weaker than it actually this though. But that files Lickilicky in the same group as a good majority of all Pokemon.

Thu Apr 11, 2013 4:08 pm
Reply to topic   [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5