It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:01 am

Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ] 
 Soul Silver Save File Corrupted 
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Sorry if this is in the wrong place. i wasnt sure if i should put it in the questions thread or just start a new topic.

So, i decided to play my pokemon soul silver version, only to discover that my save file somehow corrupted. When i saw the blue screen and slow moving text, i figured, oh its probably just gonna start back up from the last time i saved. but nope, the game said, "The save file will be deleted due to corruption or damage." and when i pressed the A button, the game started from the beginning. I thought maybe if i just turn the power off and on it would work again, but the same message popped up. The main thing i find strange is the fact that it said it was due to corruption or damage, but my file or card has never been damaged in anyway i know of. I never dropped my DS(with soul silver inside it, at least), i dont believe i turned off the power while it was saving, ive never used any hacking devices on the game, so how on earth was the game corrupted?
i would like to know if there is any way to revive my save file(without using any cheating device-i want the exact save file that was erased to be restored), or am i forced to start over? If i gotta restart, that's 213 hours and 40 minutes down the biffy hole. :(

Last edited by pokemon ranger on Sun May 09, 2010 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat May 08, 2010 8:29 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Sounds like it can't read the data properly. :( If there is data missing, it'll think the game file is corrupt and delete it.

You might try checking the little slot in the game card, to see if it's dusty or corroded or something...

Sat May 08, 2010 10:56 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I tried blowing into the slot several times and it doesnt seem to work...and ive also tried using my other DSs but i got no positive result. Looks like im just going to have to restart. Thanks for the help though.

Sun May 09, 2010 12:15 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

that happen to me once
blow the inside slot were the game goes
and the copper slips to the game

and some times it just takes time
i got that once and then two days later the game played just fine

i think its only in the soul silver programming
never happens with my heart gold

Sun May 09, 2010 12:39 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
Lord_vegeta wrote:

This scares me greatly like nuclear war scares me...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Sun May 09, 2010 2:13 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Lawence Codye wrote:
Lord_vegeta wrote:

This scares me greatly like nuclear war scares me...

yes kinda glad i choose to play heart gold first

but so far it as always worked

save file is screwed
then a day or two later is back to normal

Sun May 09, 2010 2:24 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Well, my Soul Silver works like a charm still so I am being optimisstic about what I heard via this thread...besides, I plan to obtain Heart Gold eventually anyway...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...

Sun May 09, 2010 2:31 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Lawence Codye wrote:
Well, my Soul Silver works like a charm still so I am being optimisstic about what I heard via this thread...besides, I plan to obtain Heart Gold eventually anyway...

only happen to me twice

and i think its cus i was on wifi when nintendo wifi crashed for some reasom
i couldnt leave the place had to shut off game while still in the wifi room

plus you should get heart gold

need both to get rayquaza and holy hell is it huge when it walks with you
i thought groudon was a big'em

Sun May 09, 2010 2:37 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Lord_vegeta wrote:

Yeah, Rayquaza's the only big reason I'm getting Heart Gold...I really, really hate the requirements to obtain Rayquaza in HGSS I mean who would actually be trustworthy to give what you need to & then get it back?...

Sun May 09, 2010 2:43 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Lawence Codye wrote:
Lord_vegeta wrote:

Yeah, Rayquaza's the only big reason I'm getting Heart Gold...I really, really hate the requirements to obtain Rayquaza in HGSS I mean who would actually be trustworthy to give what you need to & then get it back?...

not many
i done a few use to till i got ripped off
now will only do it legend for legend
and only to people i traded with more then once
aslo why i bought both games and two dsi lites

Sun May 09, 2010 2:45 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Lord_vegeta wrote:
not many

That's what I meant, I mean who would use your Legendary & give it back considering they didn't have it til then?...I have a DS & DSLite & Soul Silver & once I obtain Heart Gold & will do it myself, people are too smug these days...

Sun May 09, 2010 2:49 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Lawence Codye wrote:
Lord_vegeta wrote:
not many

That's what I meant, I mean who would use your Legendary & give it back considering they didn't have it til then?...I have a DS & DSLite & Soul Silver & once I obtain Heart Gold & will do it myself, people are too smug these days...

yep why i never trade legends i will trade anything else what i got is open if it can be bred
and items are open season for anyone
you been witness to that

back to subject
i wonder if the preson restarted the game would be a wasted especially if the pal parked legeds over
i would be super a 1 pissed
if my heart gold goes bad i will be pissed off to the extreme i have 60 plus legends in it

Sun May 09, 2010 2:58 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Nope i havent restarted yet. Im still trying to see if blowing into the game slot works...hasnt so far(ive even tried a cotton swap to clean it). and yes, considering the fact that i caught almost all of the legendaries in the game w/o using the masterball, and have(had?) 3 stars on my trainer card, it will definitely be a waste if i end up restarting. Ill probably keep trying for a couple more days(maybe even a week if im feeling desperate) and if no result, ill restart.

Lord_vegeta, you said it has happened to you before? If i tried starting the game over again but DIDNT save a new file, and the blue screen saying "your save file will be deleted, etc..." is there still a chance that i may be able to retrieve my data back? You said a day or two and it should work but its been a couple days since this happened. Oh well, ill try to stay optimistic and hope for the best. :)

Mon May 10, 2010 6:34 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

Lawence Codye wrote:

damn people! jk!

thats why i have two ds's

back on track: doesnt the game save slower when you have more hours on it?

I post AoE 3 on YouTube. Look up BigThunderMan.

Mon May 10, 2010 6:50 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

pokemon ranger wrote:
Nope i havent restarted yet. Im still trying to see if blowing into the game slot works...hasnt so far(ive even tried a cotton swap to clean it). and yes, considering the fact that i caught almost all of the legendaries in the game w/o using the masterball, and have(had?) 3 stars on my trainer card, it will definitely be a waste if i end up restarting. Ill probably keep trying for a couple more days(maybe even a week if im feeling desperate) and if no result, ill restart.

Lord_vegeta, you said it has happened to you before? If i tried starting the game over again but DIDNT save a new file, and the blue screen saying "your save file will be deleted, etc..." is there still a chance that i may be able to retrieve my data back? You said a day or two and it should work but its been a couple days since this happened. Oh well, ill try to stay optimistic and hope for the best. :)

once you delete its gone for good even if you start a new one and dont save old data is no good
when you tuen back on game it just does the intro again
i started plenty a games over and over again
how i got so many legends

Mon May 10, 2010 7:34 pm
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

KingErick wrote:

Why yes...yes it does & me saving on my old file on Platinum of 720:00+ hours is solid proof of this...

Mon May 10, 2010 8:42 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Lawence Codye wrote:
KingErick wrote:

Why yes...yes it does & me saving on my old file on Platinum of 720:00+ hours is solid proof of this...

i gues at 246 it dont take long yet
i have 246 hours and it only takes lke 10 secs to save not ong

Mon May 10, 2010 9:40 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

i had the same problem as you and it scared me to death exept it didnt say it was gonna reset data only return from last saved data i was using action replay i deleted all codes on it i put the game in w/o replay it still sayed data corrupted but then i saved on it w/o replay again and i restarted it i worked fine :P i hope this helped anybody that had the same problem as me and in the future watch what you upload to your ar cuz you might just lose all your data :P

Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:33 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

Please don't necromance, especially when the thread in question is well over a year old. :)

Anyway, I don't believe there's much else to say on this subject (as, again, the thread was started over a year ago, and the OP doesn't appear to have been active since then), so I'm going to go ahead and lock this thread now.

edit: unlocked due to user request

Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:26 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Hi, everyone,

I found this thread by searching on the internet trying to solve a problem in my soulsilver (original, never hacked and trades made only with my fire-red and emerald, original too). Oh, and I play on a DS XL before someone ask.

Well, I was playing in Batte Frontier and lost to Argenta. This pissed me off and made me turn off while it was saving.

I restart and found the famous message of corruption, BUT the game said that could return to the previous save file. Nice, I did and I played, I guess 6 times, in 3 days, saving of course. Everything was normal.

On the fourth day "let's play again" and... no. There was a new message of corruption but this time with no option to return to the previous file. The message said excatly what it was discussed in this thread "the save file will be erased due to corruption or damage".

Never spilled anything on both DS and cartridge, cartrdige never fell or anything that could damage it.

I started to look on the internet, found this thread and so many others. There was few that gave me a hope and this is one of them.

Well, Lord Vegeta said that time can fix it. And Rhapsody unlocked this thread so I can ask if there's a confirmation for this (wait to fix) or another possible solution for this problem.

Well, this is it. Thanks to you in advance and a big thanks to Rhapsody that unlocked the thread. :)

Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:30 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I have Pokemon Platinum and have experienced first corrupted file message today. this happened when I saved, closed the DSi unit, and disconnected the charger. When I went to open the unit to continue play, there was the blue screen & message. It did, however, reopen the game from the previous saved file.
I'd like to add this ... Have wondered about premature shut-off issue before. Since I have had the new DSi & Platinum game, it has had a tendency to shut off by itself. The game was fully charged, carefully closed & placed on counter (never damaged, btw) ... only to be OFF when I returned 5 minutes later. VERY frustrating if I hadn't had the opportunity to save beforehand. :frustrated:
I wonder if the issue isn't a malfunction or glitch in the DSi unit itself, and not the game inserted. I've only had the DSi unit for 3 months & was considering returning it for a replacement.
One more question relating to corruption ... Can your game become corrupt from GTS trades? I've made a few from unknowns & wondered if that may have caused a corrupt file. Did not trade on day of message, though ... it's been 3 days since last.
Any input would be appreciated!

WHT2 FC: 3010 9810 2280 Elvira
Pokemon X and Y: 1263-6806-3915 Elle

Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:25 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Hello, Plumbgirlie,

I don't know about this. But I don't trade with anyone, including personal friends until the very end of the game. I wait until there's nothing to do on the game for me to make trades and battles.

Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:02 am
Reply to topic   [ 22 posts ]