It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:15 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 Singing in the shower 
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Do you do it? Describe in detail.

I don't, usually, unless I know I'm the only human in the house. If I have a tune in my head, though, I'll lightly beatbox it regardless (well not quite beatboxing, more like my own spin-off of humming and whistling, involving my tongue and lips manipulating air... I can't be the only one who knows what I'm talking about here). No one can hear that over the water or through the door.

Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:09 am
Profile WWW
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

I sing everywhere. Usually badly.

Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:53 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I only sing in the shower. Usually it's a song stuck in my head; if I don't know all the lyrics, I'll hum past that part, and continuously repeat the parts I do know. Also, beatboxing is another thing I do in the shower.

Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:21 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

im awefull at singing...but it doesnt keep me from rockin out in the shower but still when my dogs start barking when i sing it kills me :frustrated:

Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:56 am
Art Commentator
Art Commentator

I just hum stuff. In or out of the shower. None of the songs I like have any lyrics.

These past years have been great, and this community was a great one. Key word being was. Since my birthday last year, the site hasn't updated at all, and people have been slowly trickling away from the forums over the weeks. I've had this site as my internet homepage for ages, and I anxiously awaited the resurgence that I hoped would come. But it never came. So, it is with a heavy heart that I announce my permanent leave of Psypoke. As a moderator, I wished only the best for everyone here, and worked to maintain a jolly environment where everyone could discuss cartoon monsters in peace. Now, I wish all those who happen to be reading this message good luck in whatever endeavors you have chosen to pursue, and that your futures be bright.

Mektar out.

Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:34 pm
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

I sing badly everywhere but the shower.

In the shower, with the heat clearing out the sinuses, I can actually think!

I finally get proteins, and amino acids; quantum mechanics and thermodynamics; and of course, it is the best place to think about math homework. That's how I get it all done at night.

Stop looking at me like I'm a nerd - you should try thinking of how you can do your homework best. It also helps to wash away all of the chemicals on the skin - Potassium cyanide, porphyrins, etc.

Sun Oct 02, 2011 7:53 pm
Super Saiyan
Super Saiyan

Not exclusively in the shower, but it certainly is one of the locations with the highest probability of me bursting into song (I'd say only second to my car). The key difference being, people generally can't hear me while I'm in my car (and it's to a playing song). In the shower, however, I get to share my hygienic high notes with everyone in the vicinity.

My song of choice for the shower would have to be "Come Sail Away" by Styx. Of course, I have to throw it down an octave or so, but it's a great tune to circulate the steam and help clear my pipes.

Other times that I grace my surroundings with my off key ramblings include while doing the dishes at work, cooking at home, or even just walking from one place to another. I find it to be an overall mood-lifter, as long as I remember not to get too carried away. And if I do, haters gonna hate.

Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:10 am
Profile WWW
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

I'll sing in the shower if a song is stuck in my head. If not, eh. I don't.

Highlight to view spoiler.
BTW - Current song stuck in my head is "Siberia" by Lights.

Time Zone: MDT (Mountain Daylight Time)
----------------------------------
Trading Thread
----------------------------------

Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:02 pm
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]