It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:39 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 WHAT AN UPSET 
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

How did the USA soccer team lose to Costa Rica in yesterday's friendly in the home depot center? It just doesn't make sense. USA is clearly the better team. If Costa Rica was better, they would've made it to the World Cup in 2010 just like the USA and do a pretty good job. I'm so confused and pissed off. Please tell me your reactions to this

Sat Sep 03, 2011 5:25 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Well, just because one team is better than the other doesn't mean that they will always win :? ...

Sat Sep 03, 2011 5:33 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Calm Down, if you haven't noticed, the USA soccer team is not actually that good. I think they are overrated a lot. They're OK but meh. Costa Rica are actually a decent side, just because they didn't qualify for the world cup, dosen't mean they're rubbish. They had to finish in the top 3 of a group that contained Brazil, Argentina and Uruguay. How hard is that? Anyway, I knew an upset was on the cards imo...

Edit: Deleted double post. -FW

Check out My Brand New and Improved Trading Centre!!! THE SUPERSTORE IS NOW CLOSED

Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:14 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

IceArceus12 wrote:
Calm Down, if you haven't noticed, the USA soccer team is not actually that good. I think they are overrated a lot. They're OK but meh. Costa Rica are actually a decent side, just because they didn't qualify for the world cup, dosen't mean they're rubbish. They had to finish in the top 3 of a group that contained Brazil, Argentina and Uruguay. How hard is that? Anyway, I knew an upset was on the cards imo...

USA is a pretty good team. They're not as good as stuff like Spain, Netherlands, Germany, Portugal, Brazil, and Mexico but USA is still a good team. If they sucked, they wouldn't have made the round of 16 in the last world cup and they wouldn't have made the finals of the Gold Cup. I think the problem in this game was their finishing was worse than in most games and, like what Landon Donovan said in a post game interview:
"We slept on that one play that produced the goal"
But Costa Rica isn't a bad team either. USA just needs to elarn from their mistakes and be more accurate when finishing and they'll do well against belgium. According to goal.com, 47% of fans predict a 2-1 result with the USA beating Belgium, so I hope they're right. This is my projected starting line up for the USA-Belgium game tomorrow.
Tim Howard
Carlos Bocanegra
Tim Chandler
Michael Orozco Fiscal
Tim Ream
Sacha Klejstan
Clint Dempsey
Robbie Rogers
Jose Francisco Torres
Juan Agudelo
Jozy Altidore
I doubt i'm right but with this line up as long as they dont make any stupid mistakes they should be fine against Belgium
Also can't wait for Ghana vs. Brazil

Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:52 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

great. USA lost another game 1-0, this time to Belgium. USA better shape up when world cup qualifiers come along.

Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:49 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Oh Dear! They're so out of form

Check out My Brand New and Improved Trading Centre!!! THE SUPERSTORE IS NOW CLOSED

Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:39 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]