It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:18 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Sandstorm team new recruits: Now featuring Escavalier 
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

So as some of you know I run a decent Sandstorm( {hippowdon} )/trickroom( {dusknoir} ) Triple team. However I like to mix and match which pokemon I use on the team so rather than putting up a team rating I want to hear you suggestion as I worked on new pokemon
1. Crustle Image
Nature: Sassy +SD/-SP
Ability: Sturdy- prevents OHKO's
Item: Mental herb - heals attract, disable, torment, taunt, encore
Pokemon Usage: Balanced Wall
EVs: 252 HP, 192 DF, 64 SD
Moves: Protect, Curse, Rock Slide, X-Scissor
Description: Sets up Steatlh rock, then uses curse to power up, Bug bite could steal berries on occasion making it somewhat useful.

Finished Product: Notice the shiny sprite? thats right I got a shiny one and the IVs aren't half bad, 30 31 22 X 27 1 (the underlined ones were passed from the Parents, HP was forced to pass too)
Its been pretty powerful stopping Meteor mashes from Metagross, and garchomps Earthquakes after a curse or 2 of course

2. Escavalier Image
Nature: Brave +AT/-SP
Ability: Shell Armor- Prevents Critical Hits
Item: Shell Bell- Heals 1/8 damage dealt
Pokemon Usage: Single Point Damage
EVs: 252 HP, 252 AT, 4 SD
Moves: Protect, Iron Head, Mega Horn, Aerial Ace
Description: The Black Knight of Pokemon, Naturally bulky, Amazing Attack and nearly the worst speed in the game(good on a trick room team). Shell Armor prevents some lucky hit from ruining escavalier's fun, shell bell funnel that amazing damage in to HP. Protect allow it to draw attacks (Those expecting swords dance) unharmed leaving the allies dusknoir and hippowdon to set up. Iron Head for a reliable stab, Mega horn to inflict massive damage, Aerial gives it the best coverage, PLUS it allows it to hit any foe on the field.

Last edited by /vXv\ on Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:05 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

SR isnt too useful in triples since switches aren't to common outside the first turn. But it doesn't have much else.

It's probably pairing with T-tar/Hippow and what else to get trick room going?

Sturdy is questionable in triples since it's not uncommon to be hit multiple times since fear of a shell smash sweep may make him a priority to remove. shell armor keeps crits from hitting through curse boosts.

Over SR you can use protect for stalling and calling out those fearing shell smash. Running him out the side with a levitate poke in the middle(Claydol?) you can use EQ/Bulldoze(for support)

Outside SR stick with X-scissor for power and maybe rock slide over blast, flinch will be abused in trick room and in the middle it'll hit all opponents.

Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:35 am
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

-Updated with Escavalier!

Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:37 pm
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]