It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:00 pm

Reply to topic  [ 537 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 22  Next
 PokeMorphs RP 
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I smiled at Vincent's joke. "Yeah, maybe." The sun had started to come up, so there was a little bit of light in the forest. I addressed the group. "Alright, guys, Cat, Steel, and I were talking before you guys got here, and were debating the merits of traveling around Cerulean, at what time, etc. I think for the most part we agreed to go around Cerulean, travel at night, and to use human forms once we get to Route 25. If there are no objections, I think we'll go with that. But first we actually have to get to Cerulean, so I suggest we morph and move out." I looked around the group, waiting to see if anybody had another idea.

Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:10 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Location: A blue police box somewhere near the Medusa Cascade
"Sounds good to me." I finished my stretches, then stepped back to give myself some space as I concentrated and shifted, shutting my eyes as my neck lengthened first this time, my face rapidly pushing out into the Charizard muzzle.

<Two things-- one, Seth, you still riding with me? If so, that's cool, but we're going to have to rig up a harness of -some- kind in future, in case we run into an aerial fight. Second, Axel, we should set up a meeting point outside Cerulean, since we're going to be in human form near the city we won't be able to rely on our forms' senses to find each other.>

Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:07 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I was kind of alarmed, but at the same time, I realized that almost everybody here was independent. "Alright, we'll meet each other outside Cerulean, before passing through. On the other side we'll need to be together, so that we all make it to Bill's." I didn't like the idea of splitting up, but for the moment it seemed most convenient, since Charizard and Staraptor weren't the fastest of runners.

"On Route 5, this route, there should be a guardhouse right outside the city. The road will go straight to it. I suggest we all stay on the eastern side of the road, in the forest. We'll meet each other outside the guardhouse, in the forest." It seemed pretty straightforward. I began my morph. "We should head ooouuu-' <-t pretty soon. I'll go ahead and get started, since I took a nap.> I finished my morph.

<Last one there is a Slowbro.> I dashed off into the morning gleam.
-------

On the north side of Saffron, nine guards and three cops are standing around a rip in the fence. One of the guards speaks up. "So, uh, we found this about two hours ago. At first, it looked like it was caused by Pokemon. But now, we think that it was human-made, considering the smoothness of the cuts." The guards looked at each other nervously, knowing they sounded unsure.

A cop spoke up. "No, you should've trusted your first instinct. This was definitely a Pokemon, but not one you're familiar with." He pointed a finger up and spun his hand in the air, a signal to the others to round up and leave. As they walked away, he continued - with orders. "Get some choppers in the sky. I'll bet anything it's those kids from last night. If we find them, we can find out more about their powers. But that damn Axel who tried to rob my house, he's mine." Joseph smiled. "When I find that kid, he's toast." They walked back to HQ, grinning evilly.

((You guessed it. Everyone is gonna get to do a battle. I've also decided that no one will acquire new forms until we talk to Bill, mostly because our characters haven't figured it out yet, and need him to tell them. But yeah, the fliers will battle choppers; the rest of us will fight a squad of five cops and two Houndooms. You get to control your own battle. So, with your next post(s) you should travel, get into a fight, and land at the meeting spot. The battle should be at least a couple of paragraphs, for those new to it. GOGOGO))

Last edited by rex09 on Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:51 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I watched Cat morph into Charizard, and heard her statements.

<Yeah, I'll be riding with you again. I hope I don't have to do it all the time, because even though it's an awesome experience, I kind of feel like I'm weighing you down. And yes, we do need to make some kind of harness. It might have to wait until we get to Cerulean, though.>

See how it sings like a sad heart, and joyously screams out its pain
Sounds that build high like a mountain, and notes that fall gently like rain."

~Neil Peart

Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:57 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

OOC: Okay, I just thought of something. There's a five-move limit on each Pokemon. As in, each of your morphs only knows five moves. I need everybody to add another section to your profile, saying what your Morphs, genders for your morphs, and movesets are for them. So if everyone could just edit that in as you get morphs, that would work out great.

Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:15 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

((Teensy bit of a "let's get moving" GM here. My apologies. And will do on the morph thing.))

I looked into the nearby tree then grabbed a thick vine, pulling it free with my teeth and tossing it to him, crouching down so he could access my shoulders and neck. <There. Use that to tie yourself on, if we run into trouble I don't want you falling off. And don't worry about it. Once we figure out how to work the cube, you can choose another form and our problems should be solved. Just don't pick a Snorlax.>

I waited for him to climb on, helping to wrap the loose ends of vine around my chest and forearms, then called after Axel as the Mightyena bounded away. <Take care of that cube!>

Opening my wings, I leaped into the air, straining to gain altitude, flying as high as I dared to avoid attention from the ground.

Before long though, I heard the distinctive whopwhopwhop of helicopter rotors--taking a peek behind me, I spotted police markings on the chopper now tailing me and swore colorfully to myself, taking a deep breath as I felt the flame sacs just behind my jaw burn to life with the oxygen input. <Hold on, Seth. This is going to get... rough. Axel, guys, we've got trouble, there's a chopper up here. Be careful.>

There was a sharp crump of a missile launch, the Charizard mind snarling in rage at the perceived threat to its airspace-- I dove, evading the rocket, before hitting it with a thin stream of flame, causing it to explode into a fireball. It was pretty, but I couldn't stick around to admire my handiwork-- I could hear the chopper getting closer.

I lowered one wing and raised the other, turning almost on the spot-- the Charizard form was surprisingly mobile-- to face the enemy, drowning out the battle rage of the dragon as I sized it up. Fuel tank's near the back. Under is safest.

With a muttered <Hang on tight.> to Seth, I dove sharply, sideslipping and trying to position myself under the chopper...

Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:42 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

((Lady's the one flying, so I guess I don't have much to say here but this. :D ))

Just like that, we were in a fight. A chopper launched a missile at us when it first approached. Cat dove, pulled back slightly, and detonated the missile. That must be Charizard's instincts. I thought. Cat then slipped under the chopper. I thought all I could do was hang on for dear life, but then I had an idea. <Cat! They've got to be storing missiles and fuel in the chopper somewhere. Light one of them up and that things done for!>

~Neil Peart

Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:20 am
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

<I hear you.> I twisted my neck as I swooped around the chopper, looking for a fuel cap or the missile loading tubes-- then saw it, a small hatch on the side of the vehicle. <Duck.> I advised as I took a deep breath and felt my flame sac expand--

-- then spat a stream of fire which hit the fuel hatch dead on. There was some kind of a rumble from within the chopper-- I hastily banked away, gaining altitude thanks to a warm air current, letting out a restrained roar of triumph as the explosion rocked the air, metal shrapnel chunks skimming off my belly, but the thick scales protected me from the fire and any damage that could have resulted from the metal. I rose into the thick cloud cover, relying on it to hide us as I began to circle around the city.

<Axel. Guys. Can you hear me? There's been a chopper up here, but I took it out. They make very pretty fireballs.>

Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:52 am
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

As we moved out I got a good view of the scenery. It was beautiful. I loved the Staraptor form. It allowed me a freedom that I so longed for. Still I was on a mission, and it was a mission that I was okay with. I wondered if I could obtain more of these forms. This Bill person that we were going to see just might have the answers, and if that was the case then I was all for it. Every one else seemed to think that he has some kind of answers. Well even if he doesn't this isn't all bad. I am definitely okay with just this one form.

Just as I was getting lost in my reverie I was attacked by a helicopter. Good thing the missile didn't hit me dead on, or things could have been bad. What in the Hell. A little smoke was rising off my body from the explosion, nothing major was damaged, probably would end up with a few cuts or so. Well then if this chopper wants a fight it will get one. I charged at the chopper head on, thinking of the bravery it is taking to do this and soon enough my body was covered in a blue glow and I yelled a powerful Staraptor, but somehow the chopper was on to me and shot two more missiles at me. They weren't meant to hit me, just to create an explosion to prevent me from hitting them. <Well guys I think there is a fight on our hands.?>

Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:22 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I heard a loud screech from somewhere ahead of me, and then a resounding explosion-- realizing it was the Staraptor kid, Vincent, I flapped my dragon wings a few times and shot ahead, growling softly as the chopper and the four-foot bird came into my sights.

<Need any help?>

Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:06 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

((Not much to do until we land, but here's a little somthing.))

<Haha, I think he's good, Cat. For now I'd say we'd get to the rendezvous point.>

~Neil Peart

Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:15 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

((Just a quick question.  Why is the policeman's name Jeremy too?))

I listened to Axel's directions about meeting up near the guardhouse, and laughed as he ran off, saying that the last one there was a Slowbro.  Cat and Seth took off next, after fashioning a vine harness for Seth.  Vincent took flight as Staraptor and ascended into the sky after them.  I morphed back into Kabutops, and issuing a quick goodbye thought to Steel, took off for the woods.

As I dashed through the forest, all seemed peaceful.  Pidgeys were chirping in the branches, and Sentrets ran back and forth through the treetops.  However, the playing Pokemon fled in terror as the sound of a helicopter zoomed overhead, followed by sounds of explosions.  That can't be good, I thought.  Suddenly, as I came into a clearing, I was surrounded.  Five police officers and two snarling Mighteyenas lay in front of me, obviously having expected me.

"What in God's name is that?" one cop yelled.  "It's called a Kabutops," said another, who seemed to be the leader.  "It's a Pokemon that lived millions of years ago, but was extinct until just recently.  It's razor-sharp scythes will cut through almost anything, for example, chain-link fence!"  "So this is the one we're looking for, boss?" the first officer said.  "Yes," he replied.  "And I've got a good feeling that this is one of those kids from last night!"  Suddenly, he sent a Houndooms to attack me with Crunch.  I instinctively used a Slash attack on it, and it crumpled to the ground.  I wonder what other attacks this body can use, I thought.  As two policemen charged at me with clubs at the ready, I concentrated my thoughts on draining their health.  I could literally see the globules of energy flowing from them into my body.  I felt rejuvenated and alert, as if I had just taken a refreshing nap, then had a cup of coffee!  The two cops lay exhausted on the ground, not able to move a muscle.  

All throughout the battle, I got messages from the others, who were apparently in frays of their own.  From what I could hear, Cat and Seth even took on a helicopter at one point.  

The leader then sent another two cops and a Houndooms my way.  I focused all my strength on my tail, and feeling the power of a raging storm, used Aqua Tail, taking out all three foes at once.  That left just the leader.  He pulled a gun out of his pocket, and fired a bullet straight at me.  I thought that I was a goner, but I reflexively shot out an Ice Beam, stopping the bullet in its track.  The leader then turned on his heels and fled for dear life.  However, I wasn't done just yet.  I shot another Ice Beam, aiming at his legs.  He was frozen to the spot, and could only stand there cursing his head off at me.

I took off at full speed to get away from the scene of my battle as fast as I could. After about twenty minutes, the guardhouse had started to come into sight, and I looked for signs of the others.

Last edited by twistedturtwig on Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:16 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I nodded at the others as I ran into the woods. As I passed by the trees, my body began to morph into the now familiar form of Gallade. This is still amazing. When the transformation was complete I could sense my fellow teammates not too far away. Then thats when I heard them run into trouble.

I sprinted as fast as I could, the trees blurring by. A slight tingle in my head made me stop. As soon as I did a Shadow Ball blasted the tree a few feet in front of me. <Looks like it's not just helicopters that are following us.>

A large Houndoom walked onto my path, followed by three cops. "Well well, quite a rare find. A Gallade in the forest and not too far away from the security border." The other cop piped in, "That's probably what cut the fence open."

"Well we'll need to catch it regardless. The government can use it for their purposes. Go Houndoom!" The giant dog bounded after me.

((A good start since Im on my ipod lol))

Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:22 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

<Aye, I'd say so. Vincent, call if you need help.>

I folded my wings and slipped into a lazy dive, using the mountains' gray-and-white coloring to provide a bit of camouflage as I landed amidst the trees near the gatehouse, crouching down to let Seth climb off and crinkling my muzzle into a draconic smile as I spotted a Kabutops in the shadows.

<Good to see you made it, Jeremy. You run into some trouble along the way?>

Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:25 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Cat landed, and I hopped off. <Thanks for the ride.> Then I saw her smile at Jeremy, and then realized something. <Is Axel here yet? Because I actually want to see him be the Slowbro.> I smiled. These people were starting to become my friends.

((I learned rex got his wisdom teeth out today, so he might not be posting for a day or too.))

~Neil Peart

Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:41 pm
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

((Ouch, poor guy. I've had my bottom set of wisdom teeth out too, I was passed out for a couple hours afterwards, but then again I have oddly high pain tolerance. Why are they called wisdom teeth, anyway? I keep accidentally typing "wisdoom" teeth...

Also, if you're still human shaped you shouldn't be using telepathy...))

I sniffed the air, remaining crouched as I curled my tail around my body and tucked it under one wing, producing a muted glow like that of a campfire so we wouldn't attract too much attention. <I don't see him. He must have run into trouble... Reckon someone found the cut fence that Jeremy left behind.>

Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:46 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

<Yeah, I was ambushed by five cops and some Houndooms on my way here.  It must of been the fence.>  I almost smacked myself, but remembered that my arms were scythes.  <By the sound of it, it seems like you didn't exactly have the most pleasant time either.  I think you said something about helicopters and fireballs, right?.>  I looked around as I changed back to human.  "It looks like we're still waiting for Steel, Vincent, and Axel.  I hope that they're alright."

((Oh man, that must hurt.  I sure hope that rex feels better soon.  I hear that it hurts for a real long time.  And yeah, why are they called wisdom teeth?  The world may never know. :mrgreen: ))

Last edited by twistedturtwig on Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:00 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

((Thanks for the support, guys :) . It's not too bad; my painkillers knocked me out for a while, which is why I haven't been on all day. Other than that, it's just a hassle to eat, and not -incredibly- painful. More of an ache, I guess. So yeah, my posting rate will be lower than usual for the next few days. If everyone else finishes, and is waiting on my character, then redt can GM me, since we discussed what will happen next (and, of course, why).

Whoops, the guy's name is supposed to be Joseph. I goofed up there, so that's why it said Jeremy :D . All fixed now. He's the guy my character tried to rob, and the reason why Axel is on the run in the first place.))

I was running at a slight gallop. Although the legs of a Mightyena aren't that long, I was still plenty able to get a good pace going. Maybe not as fast as a Charizard or Kabutops, but plenty fast nonetheless. As I was leaping past boulders and trees, I suddenly started hearing the others talking about getting attacked by cops and choppers. I suddenly slowed down, becoming decidedly more wary. I used Odor Sleuth, hoping to pick them up before they picked me up.

Sure enough, my highly tuned canine senses picked up the scent of humans and Pokemon - Houndoom, judging by the ashy whiff - about 100 meters away. I slowed down, and hid behind a boulder to plan my ambush.

Alright, it looks like about five cops and two Houndoom. I can probably take them, but it has to be done just right... I crawled forward, my back hunched down. Then, I came up with it. I went back behind the boulder, and began to Dig...

---------

"Man, how long is it gonna take? The other squads all reported in awhile ago.." The leader shrugged. "Don't forget, we haven't heard if any of them were successful. None have reported in results, so we should be cautious." The two Houndoom started to strain at their leashes, pointing off towards Saffron.

"Hey, man, it looks like they picked something up..." The first cop let go of the two Pokemon' leashes. The Houndoom bounded off a few steps... only to disappear into a sinkhole that opened up beneath them. "What the..?!" But it was far too late. The Houndoom both fainted, struck by my supereffective Ground attack. I bounded up out of the hole that I had dug, then began Shadow Balling and Crunching away at the remaining cops. They were all dispatched or had run away within five minutes.

As soon as I dragged the cops that had been knocked out into the pit, I bounded away towards the meeting spot.

((whoever gets there next can just assume that I made it back, I guess))

Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:03 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

<No thanks I got my end covered.> I dodged a couple of missiles right as I said that. I wonder if all my, attacks, I guess I should call them are activated by thought. It is worth a try I suppose. I thought of what I needed at that particular moment. I needed some more speed, I was barely keeping up as it was. I also needed something stronger, or as strong as, steel to be able to get rid of the chopper. As I thought of the speed the flapping of my wings created some kind of wind behind me. It felt like it was only affecting my movement, and not the chopper's. It wasn't hindering me at all, in fact it was boosting my speed. I then flew straight ahead at the chopper able to dodge any and all of the attacks the chopper sent to me, the speed boost was definitely a help. This tailwind won't last forever, I got to make it count. I had my wings outstretched I was concentrating on making them as hard as steel. Then in an instant my wings glowed white and as my wings scraped the side of the chopper it cut through it like it was butter. My wings were powerful but just only as I cut through the chopper deep on the right side. Abilities only out of necessity. I dig it.

I turned around to face the chopper, it wasn't down completely, but it had some significant damage put on it.

Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:05 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

As Cat, Seth, and I waited at the guardhouse, seconds turned into minutes.  It seems like the others were taking a longer time than normal.  "Maybe they were attacked as well," I said to Seth.  I could hear the sounds of yells and explosions, and once what sounded like the ripping of metal.  I considered going back to help at one point, but decided against it.

((It's been pretty slow recently... I sure hope that this RP isn't dying! :cry: ))

Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:32 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

((I'm always up for a quick post, but there wasn't much to say. >_> ))

I leaned back, re-checking the human weapons I carried, though now I was far more likely to shift into the Charizard and turn any attackers into living torches. "Probably. I heard Houndoom howls and I know there's another chopper up there. A Mightyena and a Staraptor shouldn't have much problems, though our Staraptor friend might end up a little toasty."

Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:53 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

((Okay, this has taken long enough. I'm sorry, but we have to move on, guys. Feel free to edit in the last bit of your battles, but the group is now going to move. Godmoding ahead to move the story.))

I bounded into the meeting spot, then sat down and cleaned my paws as the rest of the group flew or walked back in. Although some of them had discussions about the ambush, I had little to add, and so, didn't say anything. My own thoughts were directed towards what had gone wrong; unless some of the others had left evidence that we had passed through, they shouldn't have known. I mentally shrugged, accepting that there may have been a camera or something.

As soon as the last person came in, I morphed back, then stood up so we could go through the gate. The others quickly followed suit. Either Cat or Seth had the cube, and as long as it stayed that way, I would be fine. I gestured with my hand, and we all walked towards the gate.

As we approached, I began to wring my hands nervously. What if they already knew what we looked like in human form? What if they were expecting us? But it would be far worse to try to just barge through and blow our cover from the start, so I just kept my trap shut, and instead focused on making it through.

We arrive at the gate amidst a few other people traversing between the cities. Since it's morning, there wasn't much traffic; traders and shoppers - what few there were - typically used the afternoon to travel, so us urchins and tough-looking types didn't stand out too much. The guard waved us through, obviously bored and not paying attention.

As soon as we're through, I turn to the group. "Okay, guys, that should've been the hard part. Now all we have to do is walk through, get onto Route 25, and get to this Bill guy's house. So, let's get going..."

((I'll leave it here for now, to see if anybody else posts, or if we're all just too busy atm))

Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:57 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

((I'm still posting. :P))

"Copy that. I'll carry the cube, I've got a coat to hide it in."

I gently took the cube from Seth and tucked it into the innermost pocket of my long coat, mentally thanking all the Pokemon gods I knew that Cerulean was a windy and somewhat chilly city, so my coat didn't look out of place.

Glancing over at Axel and the rest of the group, I continued, "A big group of teens traveling together-- especially so many males and one female-- would attract undue attention. It'd be best to split up. Meet at the bridge that leads to Route 25."

I slipped away, melting into the crowds and vanishing.

Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:59 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

((Hey, I'm still here. :D Wasn't much to say since no one else is posting.))

We had another rendezvous point. This time it should be different. I thought. "Ok, listen for a sec." I said. "Even though Cat already took off, she'll be fine on her own. Splitting up individually isn't the best idea. We should go in pairs. It would be better that way if we have any... troubles. Maybe we could find who looks the most in common and try to pass each other off as brothers."

~Neil Peart

Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:24 pm
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

((good to know :p))

I looked pointedly at Seth's gray hair. "Yeah, I don't think the brothers thing will work out. But traveling in pairs is indeed a good idea. At least that way, we might be able to tell each other if somone gets caught." I rolled my eyes. "Here's what I propose: we just travel as friends, or, at minimum, companions in some sort of venture - legal or otherwise." Probably otherwise.

I looked at the group. "Sound like a plan? I mean, as long as we don't do anything ridiculous, we should be fine."

((and probably nothing will happen, so this is a good opportunity for some of our characters to interact and learn more about each other. And if my math's right, we're either gonna have another single person, or a group of three. Unless LM comes back, in which case it'll work out. Not a big deal either way.

EDIT: Happy birthday, twistedturtwig!))

Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:44 pm
Reply to topic   [ 537 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 22  Next