It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:25 pm

Reply to topic  [ 21 posts ] 
 Hey baby, what's your sign? 
THE POWER IS ON!

So now that I have my physical copy of Black, I'm poking around and talking to everything for little tidbits that I missed in the walkthrough. One thing that is totally irrelevant for the gameplay but personally amused me was some of the TV shows. ("Meowdy, MINNA! It's time for KOUKAN TALK!") Particularly, the show about the astrological signs and lucky items. I thought the selections of Pokemon were totally random until I refreshed myself on the signs and their meanings, and I'm actually surprised that they paired up appropriate Pokemon for the signs in a good nine or ten cases. Fraxure as the archer is a stretch, and Braviary as the lion is TOTALLY wrong, but other than that, the Pokemon to real life sign matches are pretty accurate and fun.

Do you like your month's Pokemon? Its lucky item? Is the game's horoscope at all accurate for you?

January: Sawsbuck (real life equivalent Capricorn, the seagoat); White Flute
"You could be described as an honest and serious person! I believe that you would never betray your friends. Try to be a big-hearted person, and all will be well!"

February: Simipour (real life equivalent Aquarius, the water carrier); Mail
"You could be described as a very free-spirited and unique person! You can attract the interest of those around you with your mysterious charm. Try to be a more empathetic person, and all will be well!"

March: Alomomola (real life equivalent Pisces, the fish); Hard Stone
"You are very kind and caring, aren't you? Everyone around you is saved by your love. Try to be a strong and enduring person, and all will be well!"

April: Whimsicott (real life equivalent Aries, the ram); Hyper Potion
"You could be described as hating to lose and having a strong sense of justice. Everyone around you probably respects your strong character. Try to be a kind and gentle person, and all will be well!"

May: Bouffalant (real life equivalent Taurus, the bull); X Attack
"You are a very calm and relaxed person! Everyone feels at peace when they're around you. Try to be a little more assertive, and all will be well!"

June: Klink (real life equivalent Gemini, the twins); no item, instead has a lucky tip to "use a slow Pokemon"
"You are a very curious and fun person! Everyone is impressed by your knowledge. Try to be a strong and enduring person, and all will be well!"

July: Crustle (real life equivalent Cancer, the crab); Dowsing Machine
"You are very intuitive and smart! Your businesslike mood makes the entire room feel sharp. Try to be a better listener, and all will be well!"

August: Braviary (not equivalent to real life equivalent Leo, the lion); Calcium
"You are a hard worker, and you take care of people! Everyone can relax when you're on the job! Try to be a little more restrained, and all will be well!"

September: Gothorita (real life equivalent to Virgo, the virgin woman); Xtransceiver
"You are good at reading the room, aren't you? Everyone around you also agrees your judgments are accurate! Try to be a more generous person, and all will be well!"

October: Lampent (real life equivalent Libra, the scales); Choice Scarf
"You have good sense are are a very balanced person! You make evenhanded choices. Try to show an enthusiastic spirit, and all will be well!"

November: Scolipede (real life equivalent Scorpio, the scorpion); White Herb
"You are a fiery person with strong beliefs! No one can imitate the fire you have! Try to have a supple mind, and all will be well!"

December: Fraxure (barely equivalent to real life equivalent Sagittarius, the archer); Poke Ball
"You work hard at everything and can do anything! People around you respect your abilities. Try to be a polite person, and all will be well!"

Personally, Simipour is one of my favorite Unova Pokemon, and I squeeed when I saw that she was my month's Pokemon. Mail, on the other hand, is the lamest of all of the lucky items. The horoscope itself is hit or miss. The last sentence had an impact though.

-Frost, who has, amazingly, used the move Splash this many times: 0!

Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:55 am
Lite Four
Lite Four

I'm disappointed that my month's Pokemon and item are so lame. :(

September: Gothorita (real life equivalent to Virgo, the virgin woman); Xtransceiver
"You are good at reading the room, aren't you? Everyone around you also agrees your judgments are accurate! Try to be a more generous person, and all will be well!"

The Xtransceiver is probably one of the most retarded inventions ever in a Pokemon game, and meh @ Gothorita. Nobody really agrees with me to be honest and I find myself trying to defend my opinion a lot. I'm also not very generous, either (for example I don't care about whats going on in Japan.)

That's really interesting, though!

Sun Mar 13, 2011 4:29 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

December: Fraxure (barely equivalent to real life equivalent Sagittarius, the archer); Poke Ball
"You work hard at everything and can do anything! People around you respect your abilities. Try to be a polite person, and all will be well!"

Ok, it works and fits for me. I wonsder why they went with fraxure. Wouldn'e deerling or it's evolution whose name escapes me be a better fit?

Anyways, its a nice idea.

Sun Mar 13, 2011 6:48 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

"You could be described as an honest and serious person! I believe that you would never betray your friends. Try to be a big-hearted person, and all will be well!"

I am happy with my pokemon and item, considering that I use Sawsbuck. I also like how Sawsbuck resembles Capricorn so well. The horoscope for Capricorn is kinda like me but not exactly.

{latias} Black FC: 1463 5647 1777 {latios}

Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:31 am
Psypoke Maniac
Psypoke Maniac

Location: With the 3 guides of time, deciding the fate of it...
"You could be described as hating to lose and having a strong sense of justice. Everyone around you probably respects your strong character. Try to be a kind and gentle person, and all will be well!"

The horoscope is utterly incorrect & the pokemon I could care less about but I like that it resembles a ram which is a nice touch & as for the Item, it has been my good luck charm item wise, seriously...meh, whatever, I could care less about horoscopes anyway, it's just always somehow oddly interesting to see what they have to say about my personality time & time again...

Eevee Breeding Project leftovers are Available here + rest of my trading wants & haves...
Lawence Codye's Trading Thread (Gen 6 / X & Y)

"The Nine Tails of Subconscious - Lawence Codye"

Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:46 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

I am the majestic Fraxure. I do work hard and try to be polite, but.. I don't see what that has to do with Fraxure. D:

Pokeballs are pretty useful items, I must say.

Sun Mar 13, 2011 5:51 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

July: Crustle (real life equivalent Cancer, the crab); Dowsing Machine
"You are very intuitive and smart! Your businesslike mood makes the entire room feel sharp. Try to be a better listener, and all will be well!"

Well, I haven't used Crustle, but I do like the design, so I'm happy about that. And Dowsing Machine is win, so still going good. But Business like mood? Intuitive? Nah, they got that abit wrong there.

Mon Mar 14, 2011 2:58 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

March: Alomomola (real life equivalent Pisces, the fish); Hard Stone
"You are very kind and caring, aren't you? Everyone around you is saved by your love. Try to be a strong and enduring person, and all will be well!"

I'm fine with my Pokemon and item, but this part of the description is... odd:

Quote:
"Everyone around you is saved by your love."

That is pretty wrong. I don't care that much.

Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:39 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

November-Scolipeded.

I wished that I had a Pokemon that I liked more, but Scolipede is fairly nice. The sentence describes me well enough I guess. White Herb has its uses so not all is lost.

Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:52 pm
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

As a June birhtday, I got Klink, who is definitly the most boring pokemon out of these twelve, and I didn't even get an item. And I like all of my pokemon to be quick. Boo.

The blurb for it is reasonably accurate to me though.

Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:48 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

EvilPenguin wrote:
As a June birhtday, I got Klink, who is definitly the most boring pokemon out of these twelve, and I didn't even get an item. And I like all of my pokemon to be quick. Boo.

The blurb for it is reasonably accurate to me though.

Pretty much everything you said applies to me as well. Although I don't totally hate Klink.

Sapphire: Blaziken Sololocke (heading for Wattson)
Platinum: Regular (preparing for Candice, grinding up my new Glaceon)
Soulsilver: Regular (exploring Kanto and fighting random trainers to gain some levels to then fly around and take on all the gyms super quickly)
White: Regular (post-game crap, not doing much currently, because most of the post game content is battles that I'm not ready for and stuff that requires HMs I don't want to use)

Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:16 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

I got a Braviary...
The thing is cool, but I think it's kind of woerd that i chose to buy White (Braviary is exclsive to White)
Maybe it's fate?

Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:47 am
Gym Leader
Gym Leader

I'm technically a Pisces, but I was born on Feb 29th, so...

Alomomola, I guess?

Persistence ends resistence.

3DS FC: 5069-4148-2325 (please PM to exchange)
Poison Friend Safari: Seviper, Ariados, and Whirlipede.

Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:24 am
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Location: Searching for the place all the Abra teleport to. I'm going to crash their party.
February: Simipour (real life equivalent Aquarius, the water carrier); Mail
"You could be described as a very free-spirited and unique person! You can attract the interest of those around you with your mysterious charm. Try to be a more empathetic person, and all will be well!"

Huh. So I have a "mysterious charm". Could've fooled me.

Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:09 pm
Profile WWW
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Awesome! I'm in August, so it is Braviary... Which happens to be one of my favorite Pokemon in Unova! And for once, the horoscope- thingy actually describes me. Calcium is also pretty useful...

sad but rad

Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:24 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Location: A blue police box somewhere near the Medusa Cascade

Quite appropriate, and I do like Sawsbuck's design. Although this could be described as the barnum effect.

Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:37 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

My birthday is in August, so I guess I'm a Braviary. Personally, I think I'm more like a Fraxure or a Klink.

73% of teenagers would cry if they saw Justin Bieber standing on top of a skyscraper about to jump. If you are the 27% sitting there with popcorn and 3D glasses, screaming "DO A BACKFLIP!", copy and paste this as your signature.
92% of teens would be dead if Abercrombie & Fitch said it wasn't cool to breathe. Put this in your sig if you are the 8% who would be laughing.

Diamond FC: 5199-4994-9415
White FC: 0089-1661-3588

Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:48 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Frost wrote:
November: Scolipede (real life equivalent Scorpio, the scorpion); White Herb
"You are a fiery person with strong beliefs! No one can imitate the fire you have! Try to have a supple mind, and all will be well!"

I'll take that :D

See how it sings like a sad heart, and joyously screams out its pain
Sounds that build high like a mountain, and notes that fall gently like rain."

~Neil Peart

Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:58 am
Profile WWW
Trivia Champion
Trivia Champion

Quote:

I like Whimsicott and Hyper Potions and the statement could describe me pretty well. Of course, it's still all coincidence, but it's a funny thing to see how it matches up.
However...bits and pieces of pretty much all the other months describe me as well, sooooooooo...

Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:31 pm
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

Ok. I noticed this while playing the game, even before I seen this. I'm born in August, therefore Bravairy. I was pissed when I realized I beat Black and Bravairy was on White. See, Bravairy's evo chain is definition of how it should be. {Rufflet} is cute in adorable (trust me, I don't look for cuteness in my pokemon. I just look for stats, moves, and if they look cool, not cute), and has a good moveset. {Bravairy} looks bad***, while maintaining a very powerful moveset and excellent stats. I think my pursuit for Bravairy is what led to my pokemon getting so strong because I thought it was in Black. Also, the description definitely sounds like me. The last sentence hits the nail on the head.

Goodbye
"

Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:38 pm
Psychic Trainer
Psychic Trainer

Couldn't you argue that Braviary is in fact perfect for Leo? Apart from the obvious it not being a lion, it fits really well in other areas. For example, lions being symbolic of bravery (there are various fables and tales of Lions being brave), and Braviary being just one syllable from bravery. I think they were trying to take it from a more figurative slant.

Regardless, I am Klink. The description fits me pretty well, and I don't mind the Pokemon at all. Klink's pretty cool.

"You don't sit down and write a wish list about the person you are going to fall violently in love with. It just doesn't work like that."

Stephen Fry

Mon Jan 09, 2012 6:26 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 21 posts ]