It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:55 am

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Your First Job 
Pokemon Master
Pokemon Master

I recently managed to snagged me a job here in my hometown as a kennel cleaner/dog walker at a veterinarian's office. It is my first job since I moved away from my mother's house and started to live with my dad. Today I withdrew my first paycheck and it got me thinking what jobs do you guys in the Psypoke community have, and what was your first job?

Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:46 pm
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

Digging holes for an electric company with a military contract. Payed 20 bucks and hour..... :mrgreen:

Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:00 pm
Lite Four
Lite Four

Ah, the joys and disappointments of your first job. Some people are lucky and get a cool first job (ha, yeah right) while most will end up at McDonalds or Walmart.

My first job was in a restaurant - one of the worst places to work, ever. Restaurants are not fun and don't let anyone try to convince you otherwise. I bussed tables and did dishes, working anywhere from 3 to 6 hours a day. Despite being so short on hours, it was TIRING and very tedious. I was scared to death of customers and ended up pissing them off most times anyway, so I basically just did dishes. My least favorite time to work was the mornings, mostly because I was up all night talking to my besties in #Psypoke (<3 you guys btw) and was always dragging ass. Another thing I hated was scraping the **** eggs of the **** plates oh GOD do I not miss that job. I had to run **** through a dishwasher but for the most part that didn't help; I had to scrub the **** out of everything. When something came out all crusty and dirty I'd just scrape it off enough with my fingernail so you couldn't see it anymore. That's how much I didn't care. I was a 19 year old kid who couldn't care less, just remember that when you see some teenager pushing a cart of dirty dishes back to the kitchen at the restaurant you're eating at. ;)

Something I actually liked about it were my co workers, they were pretty cool people. It was just a small group of employees, so we did things like have a Christmas party and dinner. I never really got close to anyone, though.

**** DOING DISHES. I was so happy to get a phone call from lolmart, even though they suck too working for Walmart is soooooooo much better than doing dishes. Also the restaurant I worked at folded so it's a good thing I quit when I did! :D

Wow, it's almost been four years since I had that job. I was only there for about four months, after Walmart officially gave me a job I told the head waitress to **** off. **** her, seriously. Another thing I hate is management, especially the management at my first job.

Sat Jun 04, 2011 5:20 am
Profile WWW
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

People should get jobs as soon as possible, because the freedom of spending your hard earned money is one of the best in the world. And it helps you avoid becoming a social retard.. and it gives you and excuse getting out of crap you don't wanna do.. eg.. some one wants to go for a run with you but you can't be bothered, "sorry i have work" but in reality you're not... what a mischievous little devil you are.. :twisted:

When I was 15 I delivered pills and **** for the local pharmacy, but I didn't do a very good job of it because I couldn't really be bothered and was getting paid $15p/day. And I only did it for a bit over a week because it was tiring riding my bike across town... and im lazy.

Since then I think my work ethic has improved, and I've had work experience in all types of areas such as a fast food chain, in a factory, and in a department store. Currently I'm working in a small office where I'm an intern, and I also teach maths on the side for a bit of extra money, but full time work is extremely **** especially when you're only 20 and all your friends are partying staying up late, and you're just getting ready for bed because its 10:30.

SO ANYHOO.. the lesson is... dont work full time until you're 25 or something... or if you do make sure work doesn't take 1h30m of travel time.. one way... it will make you want to kill yourself..

Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:26 am
Profile WWW
Ace Trainer
Ace Trainer

I work at the local Quiznos and it is a pretty good job. We only get 30 customers a day on average so it is never that busy. I am at cash so I don't have to do dishes. The worst thing I have to do is mop, which isn't even that bad. I get 10$ an hour which is decent. Most of the time at work I am studying or playing Pokemon because we only get customers at supper and lunch. I couldn't ask for much better :)

{latias} Black FC: 1463 5647 1777 {latios}

Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:41 pm
Pokemon Ranger
Pokemon Ranger

I worked at an Old Country Buffet. :lol:

It sucked. Like hardcore.

Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:15 pm
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

Who would forget their very first job – it really took me down memory lane when I read about everyone’s first jobs here and I must that I enjoyed my very first job and the thrill of getting my very first pay check excites me even today – I bought my very first radio with it – an experience I’ll never forget!!

Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:51 pm
Dragon Tamer
Dragon Tamer

Ah ... my first job. It didn't completely suck, but it wasn't fun & games either. I worked weekends at a gun shop in Phoenix ... it was pretty neat and I learned a bit about gunsmithing. But mostly it was cleaning, stocking shelves unpacking shipments, that sort of thing.

My first REAL job was the U.S. Navy. I started out as a missile technician on a submarine, but got tired of subs and switched to "instrument technician". No, not musical instruments ... physical measuring instruments. I calibrated and repaired pressure guages, tempurature guages, tachometers, micrometers ... stuff like that. I actually liked that a lot.

For the past 25 years, I've been a police dispatcher at a small police department (about 15 police officers). I must like it since I've stayed.

3DS FC (Y and X): 0834-1199-3647

See my photos and paintings on deviantArt at: http://barn0wl.deviantart.com/

MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/grumpydispatcher

FaceBook: http://www.facebook.com/FlagBarnOwl

"FlagBarn0wl" Blog: http://flagbarnowl.blogspot.com/

Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:12 am
Bug Catcher
Bug Catcher

My first job was at a grocery store in my hometown. I'm now on my 7th job (5th factory job) and hopefully will be going to an 8th job in my degree field soon (broadcasting).

Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:27 pm
Reply to topic   [ 9 posts ]